News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

What Are You Passionate About?

Started by LostInTheMist, February 15, 2015, 02:56:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LostInTheMist

What's something you love/are obsessed with, beyond the usual thing? Like, a lot of young people in particular, were obsessed with dinosaurs when I was growing up. Not sure if that's still the case as I have very little contact with little ones these days, and I don't have any of my own.

One of my passions since I was about 12 is World War One aviation. I know more about the great aces of the war and the planes they flew than 99% of the population. I can tell you the problems with a Sopwith Camel and the difference between a Spad VII and a Spad XIII, or why the Albatross D.V (and the D.Va for that matter.) was a step backwards from the Albatross D.III. (The D.V was heavier than the D.III, and thus less maneuverable.)

So what's your particular passion?
My Apologies and Absences  Updated March 24, 2024

My Ons and Offs

My Smutty Ideas
My Serious Ideas

Current Status: Unusually long bout of insomnia is slowing my posting rate.

Inkidu

Writing, when the success of 50 Shades of Grey isn't trying to kill it with its baffling success. :P
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Wolven Soul

Writing, and reading.  Ahhh...and maybe video games.  :P
Est Sularis Oth Mithas

My O/O's

UltraFennec

Egalitarian causes, but not often the organizations that represent them.

Writing, creating, silly character ideas, playing games, making games, reading too much, debating semantics and pointless things, the usual netizen's life.

Mathim

Superheroes and superhero movies.

Also the fight against weight-ism.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

thunderclan

Baking, reading, writing, gaming, photography and cats. :)

Deamonbane

Animals in general, excluding insects...*shivers* And arachnids...
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Kurzyk

Chess! I'm a class C tournament player in the USCF, currently unrated but my skill level is in the 1400s. I started playing chess when I was 7 and fell in love with it. I started seriously studying and working with a coach 3 years ago and my rating has gone up a few hundred points. My lifetime goal is to get to master at 2200. My tournaments are at the Marshall club in NYC, and I usually spend 3-4 hours a day studying tactical and positional strategies as well as reviewing my games and lately working on my endgame.

Every so often I play publicly in fast, blitz 5min games. Very fun and excellent for keeping cool under time pressure, but I try not to do too often. Tournament time controls are vastly different than blitz so important not to pick up bad habits.

After a grandmaster class in march, i'll be ready for my first tournament in April! Very excited. Wish me luck all. ;)

I've also been offered a chess coach position but I'm holding off and focusing on my performance. Down the line when I have more experience it's definitely something to consider.

Inkidu

Honestly, I don't think I'd put it off. There's a general saying in martial arts (and life).

Learning gets you so far, but then you must teach.

It provides you a unique perspective of the field you wish to learn.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Madriv

Trains, especially steam locomotives, and their preservation.

Cemeteries in general, pre-20th century headstones and monuments in particular, their repair, protection, and preservation.

The Appalachian Mountains and people, their history and culture, and their preservation.

Indian cinema.

Volunteering.

Writing.

Lots more.

Kurzyk

Quote from: Inkidu on February 24, 2015, 03:56:17 PM
Honestly, I don't think I'd put it off. There's a general saying in martial arts (and life).

Learning gets you so far, but then you must teach.

It provides you a unique perspective of the field you wish to learn.

Very good point. Maybe. :) Im also in school finishing up a few courses for a degree so we'll see how my time looks this year. My coach encourages it and says I'll learn a lot teaching. Maybe it'll make me a stronger player. We'll see.

Sasquatch421

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_l4Ab5FRwM

Watch and read.... I am passionate about those of us who served our country and those who can't defend themselves only to find themselves on the streets with no one to care about them.

la dame en noir

Music: Without it, I don't think I'd have passion to begin with.
Dancing: I'm good at it, in all of its forms. I bask in it and I appreciate it.
My History/Culture: If I decided to ignore my history, I wouldn't be who I am. I wouldn't have the knowledge I needed to find confidence in myself because of where I come from.
Writing: It allows me more freedom, than dancing, to express myself to the fullest.
Human & Animal Rights
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Caehlim

I don't have that kind of attention span. I'm passionate about knowledge in general and everything interests me, but I don't really manage that kind of singular focus.
My home is not a place, it is people.
View my Ons and Offs page.

View my (new)Apologies and Absences thread or my Ideas thread.

Nico

I am passionate about... too many things to count, really.

Joel

Filling my life up with beautiful wondrous and delicious things.

Dimir

I'll split this into two parts, interests and social issues.

Interests

- Pokemon
- Magic The Gathering
- Writing
- Roleplaying
- Travelling
- Global Cultures

Social Issues

- Human Rights
- Disabled People In Society
- Violence Against Women, Children, And Other At-Risk Groups
- Economic Inequality
My PM Box is always open for those who wish to chat with someone.
Major fan of Magic The Gathering, Sailor Moon and Pokemon
O/O's: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221869.0

EnchantedDream218

I'm passionate about reading, art, films, music, collecting 80's My Little Ponies, anime, horror movies, Fashion.

My List=)

"True love is like ghosts, which everyone talks about and few have seen." ~Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Zelta Runa

Quote from: Mathim on February 23, 2015, 09:59:39 PM
Superheroes and superhero movies.
Kindred spirits, we. :-)

I love superhero films (which is weird because I don’t read comics much), and movies in general. I also love writing, the Dresden Files and the Discworld Night Watch books. And certain TV shows.

I’m very passionate about feminism.
“ All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”
— Gandalf

— Ω —
BACK… IN A LIMITED CAPACITY
Requests
Absences & Apologies
Ons and Offs

Pharzuph

Cats, writing and now learning photography.

Ana Enchantress

Writing, photography and Trap shooting.

Starstrider

Cuteness. Especially in the form of animals such as birds, dogs, cats and bunnies. I find it therapeutic after a long hard day.