[Recruitment/Interest Check] Exalted 2.5: Return of the Mighty

Started by Dracorion, November 08, 2012, 11:17:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: AK47 on November 25, 2012, 09:57:22 PM
Hrm, that might be cool, what are some good ones? Is being a really obvious Anathema one? Because Shine's pretty bad with that. Although it might be powergamery if she just hides under a veil.
ROtfl didn't mean to post when I had just one suggestion

I have come suggestions. Climate Sensitivity (meaning your character doesn't do well in a certain environment. Like the hot dryness of deserts, the hot humidness of jungles, the artic, underground may even qualify) - Diminished Sense (you could be hard of hearing or have poor vision reducing perception based on that sense) - Nightmares (when you sleep, a d10 is rolled on a 1 or 2 you had nightmares and dont recover willpower)
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

AKunoichi

Quote from: RSGAlex on November 25, 2012, 11:06:55 PM
Perhaps you could see if the ST's generous enough to let you use the 1e version of Barbarian?

What did that do?

Also, I kind of like Pale's idea, she's a southerner and a nudist, probably hates the cold.

RSGAlex

1 pt flaw, loses you one die from Social pools related to understanding or expressing civilized etiquette, and you need Lore 2 to be literate.

Or perhaps some Bad Luck?
Signature Recreation Pending....

Downloading Drivers 1 of @*.

Please wait warmly.

Zaer Darkwail

I would say climate sensitive is best one. 2pts version gives exactly what you proposed; southerner in north scale of difference in region gives you -1 internal penalty to all actions and all survival/resistance rolls are one point harder to do. While 3pts and 4pts limit you more greatly; like going from specific region to even direct geographical location where you were born.

Altough I was quite sure I had counted abilities right but I had counted wrong I see :P. Also slight correction Bright has dodge DV 9 instead 7 (Dex:3, Dodge:5, Speciality:3, Heartstone Bracer:3, Essence:3 = 17 dice 1/2 = 8.5 rounded up = 9). Also attack table just lists punch, kick and clinch.

Laughing Hyena

I have a question. If you wanted to cause an economical shift in creation to make slavery obsolete on a financial level how would you build an eclipse solar exalt who had a 175 xp bump?

RSGAlex

If we're using the Creation-Ruling Mandate from Masters of Jade, I'd say get a Bureaucracy Excellency, Power Awarding Prana, and Golden Savant's Largesse at minimum.

Use the Bureaucracy Excellency (and other Bureaucracy charms if you want) to grow your wealth, and hire inventors. The ones that seem best and most willing to work for you, use Power Awarding Prana on then, then give them a few basic excellencies via training. Golden Savant's Largesse is so that you still have something of a mote pool left.

Have them invent labor saving devices.

Then spread those inventions. Use Bureaucracy to keep your inventors living the high life. You can also give some workers a Craft excellency to make the production more regular.

EDIT: This is just as a start mind you. Because you'll still have to talk with lots of powerful spirits and get some on your side, deal with the ones that are opposing you either because slavery is part of their portfolio or they owe favors to somebody like that, or just because they don't like how your face looks.

Please wait warmly.

PaleEnchantress

In monster statblocks when it says what charms they have, where are these details charms actually found?
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

RSGAlex

Depending on where the blocks are from, it might be in the Rolls of Glorious Divinininninity, where the spirit charms lurk (and thus they tend to use non-generic versions of those charms), or after the stat block.

Those are the better done stat blocks. The worse ones just kinda let you flounder about for the pages.

What monster and what charms, by the by?

Please wait warmly.

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: RSGAlex on November 26, 2012, 12:24:48 AM
If we're using the Creation-Ruling Mandate from Masters of Jade.

First off what is that book and where can i find the full details of the charm in question? Bear in mind I cannot reach level four in essence due to a house rule so that might be out of the question.

RSGAlex

The Creation-Ruling Mandate is a rule-set in the book Masters of Jade.

It gives an actual kinda rule set for running large businesses, nations, and, with some thought, armies and merc companies.. Not much charm support, but it doesn't quite need it. Several just translate pretty well, others just need a little amount of thought.

The Bureaucracy Excellency and Power-Awarding Prana are in the core. Only Golden Savant's Largesse is out, being a Lore 5, Essence 4 charm.

So without a few purchases of Immanent Solar Glory, drop the use of Power-Awarding Prana. It's hugely inefficient without either an extra mote pool or the cost reduction of Golden Savant's Largesse.

Please wait warmly.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on November 26, 2012, 12:17:04 AM
I have a question. If you wanted to cause an economical shift in creation to make slavery obsolete on a financial level how would you build an eclipse solar exalt who had a 175 xp bump?

Get bureucracy excelency along with social fu charms to convince people to break centuries of old tradition is good idea. But another way is to seek some means which provides more profit to the Guild go through than follow old formula. My own theory is that you need get somehow functional construct spawning factory cathredal and use constructs to replace slaves. Constructs can perform lot better than any slaves in any given task, they need minimal maintance (if done right) and have always skills needed perform their jobs well.

Only expection where constructs cannot function really is sexual based operations. But nothing prevents you use genesis to create literally a race of sexual slaves which get no negative emotions to function in that capacity (and may have actual physical need for sex to live; literally die if not given attention to). Slap them with high appearance with sex appeal (with perhaps minor cosmetic weird features like feather hair, variable eye color or minor animal traits if customer so wants). To prevent sex slaves dominate the market and dry up is that they may not be able to procreate and they die when owners die (so you cannot inherit them).

Laughing Hyena

Hmm... good ideas. But could an Eclipse pull such things off concerning renewed life and constructs? I was thinking of indentured servitude as a replacement for slavery as the next step up because it would be a willing act for one and second there would be a greater contractual agreement to ensure the better treatment of the servant in question.

Zaer Darkwail

Debt servitude? That works but it is highly too situational to create any 'steady' income. Eclipse could create life if he focuses on crafting. Or has allie who specializes in it.

RSGAlex

It really does depend on how much you're going to be focusing on a particular method, and which of your allies are going to cover for you if you don't focus. Or circlemates. Sorcerers, medicos, and crafters are all good things to encourage.

Oh, and if you want to go really wasteful, go and make a high level Solar manse and design it to make a lot of Oathstones.

Please wait warmly.

Zaer Darkwail

Still, creating life where is written literally on their genes to obey/protect/love their masters is better slave than mass produce a eclipse oath binding stones in mass production and simply force people do the oaths to cover debts or criminal activity.

Of course there are sadists who hurt/slap around their adoring slaves who had done nothing wrong (or kill them in short temper) but who said slavery solution would cover up removing dickheads from Creation.

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 26, 2012, 03:54:02 AM
Debt servitude? That works but it is highly too situational to create any 'steady' income. Eclipse could create life if he focuses on crafting. Or has allie who specializes in it.

Well I could buy slaves, train them, then forge new contracts that turn them into indentured servants with a time limit to their servitude to eventually free them and invent minimum wage.

Zaer Darkwail

So you in essence rent slaves for specific time period and after serving the amount of time you free them? That is done already so far as I know (altough not widely as most merchants would not want release slaves so long they are useful but kinder ones could release/hire their own slaves as employees) and it does not end slavery (nor introduce idea for minimum wage as there are guild sanctioned craftsmen who have already minimum wage standard created by the Guild).

Slavery is meant to cover a cheap and expendable labor force (or labor which does jobs which normal people are not willing to do because of customs or cultural taboos involved). To counter that you need bit more expensive labor force which has monstrous endurance/stamina compared normal slaves (and also cut security expense to watch over the slaves not to run off).

Laughing Hyena

So in short I would need a much more appealing form of labor. I suppose I have an idea of exactly how to bring that to fruition The wyld shaping lore charms would be the route I'd have to take in order to ensure success. Yeah I could do craft but this would allow me to procure all the options. Secondly I can make them permanently real by working through the Heavenly Bureaucracy.

Zaer Darkwail

Correct. Guild would stop slavery if they find just more profitable menu which serves same purpose as slaves do in general. Some slaves are trained to be high class entertainers or craftsmen but most cases they are down cheap expendable labor force.

Demons would serve excelently in this capacity but it would need lots of sorcerers to do and take risk of demons running loose in their limit breaks. Blood Apes example need daily to bath/crunch themselves in blood or else they start collect limit.

Laughing Hyena

Actually like I said I got a better idea I think. I could use Wyld Shaping Charms to create a kind of complex life or construct as you suggested. Since I am going for Lore as one of my favored skills due to the fact it is highly beneficial to me in other areas where I wouldn't have as much influence and allow me to train my stock to sell at the best possible price then it makes sense.

RSGAlex

Or you have the hopping puppeteers, who don't quite get how fragile babies are, but also really like babies. This leads to accidental deaths all over.

Or the Teodozjia, and their priest hating ways.

Or...

(On the other hand, it's possible to manage things. Let the Blood Apes do butchering. Hell, give them some of the spare bones for good working.)

Please wait warmly.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on November 26, 2012, 05:57:41 AM
Actually like I said I got a better idea I think. I could use Wyld Shaping Charms to create a kind of complex life or construct as you suggested. Since I am going for Lore as one of my favored skills due to the fact it is highly beneficial to me in other areas where I wouldn't have as much influence and allow me to train my stock to sell at the best possible price then it makes sense.

Wyld shaping is another method to create life, even life which can channel essence! Only problem is to stabilisize the said creatures so that they can exchist outside the wyldzone where they were created. My own idea would be somehow give the said slaves special bracelers/collars which have stored wyld energy, a very tiny drop so that even if you break it, it would only cause bright flash of colorful lights or such before Creation devours the poor slave and discorporates it.

Laughing Hyena

I thought Wyld Shaping doesnt destroy them if they have no contact with someone in creation. They would fade from Creation without any contact since they don't have fate or such.

AndyZ

Sky has a couple ideas for this (she is a magitech crafter, after all) but the problem is that you'd end up with a LOT of slaves with nowhere to go and no way to feed themselves.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Zaer Darkwail

If not create slaves which are self-sustaining somehow. Like being more akind to plants and such so they need only regular sunlight to feed themselves and get energy (along with some moisturing and eatting handful of nutrient dark dirt once per month or such).