My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Started by Kunoichi, April 10, 2011, 08:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kunoichi

A slice of life game could certainly be fun. ^^ We'd have to come up with a good setting and characters, though...

Ironwolf85

don't know but the orignal was based in a simple pink house on a hill with lots of talking stuff... that eventually evolved into a mansion and a town around it.
go figure... looking back we were in full swing to the point we forgot most of the setting.

putting it all togeather it was an idealic setting, I'll call it Rainbow valley due to the number of waterfalls. from what i've seen in the series i'll say it ends in a large open space with a house made out of a tree, this is where the series takes place, but a wind now sweps down the valley, something open beyond it.
magic, not good, not evil, swells up for an instant forcing change upon the idealic residents of the Rainbow valley.
like the first humans leaving the Garden of Eden, their idealic paradise just opened up to a wider world.
their bodies twist and turn, hands, legs, torso, they become humanoid (cuz most of us aren't into beastiality).
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Kunoichi

...Eh. >>; The thing is, we're talking about a game based on the recent show.

You might want to try watching some of the episodes yourself, actually.  It's a good show. ^^;

Ironwolf85

i've seen the art...
but i don't even know when it's on or what station, or when
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.

Kunoichi

Well, the channel it's on isn't part of basic cable, but the episodes are pretty easy to find on Youtube. ^^ And since the main money being made on My Little Pony is in the toy-line, Hasbro isn't having them taken down, either.  Apparently, they see it as free advertising.

Here, I'll start you off with the first episode:

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Episode 1 - The Mare In The Moon (Pilot Part 1/2)

Ironwolf85

I have dialup it could take a while so I'll watch tomorrow

Used Carlot

Quote from: Ironwolf85 on May 14, 2011, 11:54:23 PM
I have dialup it could take a while so I'll watch tomorrow

Dialup?

head_asplode.jpg

Kunoichi

*shrugs*

Hey, some people still have dialup.  It's not really that unusual...

Ironwolf85

saw the beginning... and realized how comepletely wrong I was...
suppose that was me doing it from rembering just the RP without context.

anyway, I have to insist on, if we do the setting, humanoid forms, otherwise we wind up attracting beastality crazies.

also i laughed so hard at myself for watching it...
and am laughing even harder as I wiki this bitch...
from the look what I was thinking of was the 1st gen... apparently the orignal RP chat was based on this "paradise estate" can't say I was fimilar with it before this, and had seen it in passing...
course I was watching cowboys of moo mesa at five, and my sister, being two would watch MLP after that.
also she had a MASSIVE collection around her room, ponies everywhere... they always creeped me out because they had those eyes that followed you.

oh get this... the lady who designed the current gen is named Lauren Faust

but I ramble because I'm HIGH on caffine right now WHEEEEEE

let me see here this equestra setting is a lot like a high fantasy kingdom, so I see no reason not to run it as such a setting.
though some power would have to cause the ponies to "grow up" because so far I've never seen a male among them, and thus would be good for Lesbian sceens. but somehow, this force (maybe related to those harmony thingies I ain't spending three hours reloading half the pilot episode to find out!) gives them gender.
given into adult forms but without the context or knowlage was how the first Rp actually began, admitidly it devolved a bit by the time they invited the guys to join in their romping games.
looking back it had a "Garden of Eden" + "Slice of life" + Adult Rating. feel to it...

Kunoichi

Oh, there are male ponies in the show. ^^ Even in the opening and first episode, you have Princess Celestia's guards and Applejack's older brother, Big Macintosh.  The main reason there aren't any male ponies in the background in the early episodes is because the animators were already overworked as it was, and didn't really have the time in their schedules to come up with templates for male background characters.  It's only later on in the show that male ponies start showing up in any great numbers.

And personally, I think I'd prefer not having humanoid forms, myself.  The portrayal of a world without opposable thumbs was one of the interesting parts of the setting to me, and given that we probably won't be primarily centered around the adult content in the first place...

Ironwolf85

understood, I suppose I've got too many pre-conventions from the chat rp I was in...

I just like having thumbs
they come in handy  ;D

Kunoichi

Well, there are non-pony characters who have thumbs...  And of course, it would probably be in the spirit of the show to introduce even more varieties of animals. ^^

Ironwolf85

of course... I just don't want it to turn into those people I used to see on the school yard playing "I'm a wolfie" running around on all fours with each other.

Kunoichi

So, I just came across an interesting little composition on Youtube...

Never Gonna Pony Up (My Little Pony vs. Rick Astley)

Used Carlot

Kunoichi

I dunno, I think I rather like the 'Luna versus' series, myself.  In which Luna attempts to fit back into modern-day society after a thousand years on the moon...

Used Carlot

That is a good one too. I also felt the person writing Fallout: Equestria did a VERY good job capturing the feel of fallout.

Kunoichi

I haven't checked that one out yet, myself.  From all the good reviews I've heard, though, I definitely want to...

Kunoichi

Heh.  I think my favorite part about that video is how his calculations are off. ^^ It's pretty awesome either way, though.

Wyrd

He's trying to calculate the physics of magic ponies. :P Of coarse their a little off 
Ragtime Dandies!

Kunoichi

Heh, now here's an interesting image:

Callie Del Noire

Callie Del Noire

Callie Del Noire