News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Fav Bands Live/ Fav Bands In General

Started by pandaandthelion, January 25, 2011, 12:28:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pandaandthelion

Okay Guy and Girl I wanna know what are your Fav Band/Bands Live Wether Be Oldies Or Newie Which Do You like to see live or if you havn't seen live which would you like to see live

Personally My Favourite Band would Be Muse, For The Simple Fact That I hate any sort of live music wether Be on the radio, On tv or when you download a song and its a live recording I Simply Hate live music but when my friend bought me a Muse Cd/Dvd Which was called HAARP I watched it and Thought to Myself They are really great live so when Muse was Touring Australia Last Year i seen they had a concert for Brisbane and decided i wanted to see them live myself to see if they were Good or bad So Parents got me tickets for a friend but friend couldn't go so i took my cousin instead and we went to see them live well lets just say the were *inserts Lost of swear words here* Mind blowing And Yes Muse are my Fav band Ever

So anyway Just asking you guys and girls which Band do you like seeing Live or if you dont like live music which is your fav band

Wyrd

Blind Guardian has been the greatest band I've seen live. Evert song they played they had the whole venue singing with them with full force. Simply amazing.

I also love to see Dream Theater live. They have some of the most complex songs that a band can make, and seeing their skill in action is almost breath taking.
Ragtime Dandies!

Blitzy

Best bands life I've seen:

Sevendust, Ill Nino (Fucking AMAZING), Rob Zombie, Tool.

Bands that I want to see live:

Slipknot, Stone Sour, A Perfect Circle, Avenged Sevenfold.

List of my favorite bands? Right up there when you add those two catagories together. :)
One on One stories on hold currently. Apologies to my writing partners.

KaiiVii

I love too, never seen them live though, well not yet anyway.

I love the Trans Siberian Orchestra live, they are amazing. I've heard that Pink Floyd's shows were pretty awesome too.

Favorite in general:
Yes. Love them.
"Whatever you are, be a good one"- Abe Lincoln

On/Off/Plot/etc Thread :)

Wyrd

Quote from: KaiiVii on January 25, 2011, 01:35:52 PM
I love too, never seen them live though, well not yet anyway.

I love the Trans Siberian Orchestra live, they are amazing. I've heard that Pink Floyd's shows were pretty awesome too.

Favorite in general:
Yes. Love them.

Haha! Yes, TSO are so amazing! I see them every X-mas
Ragtime Dandies!

Supernova

@Blitzy; Got to see Avenged Sevenfold before The Rev passed away. They are just freaking amazing live.

Fave Live Bands;
Avenged Sevenfold
Trans-Siberian Orchestra ( saw them for the first time this previous December. OMFG! Sooooo epic! )
Little Monsters ( local band here. they are pretty amazing. love their female vocalist )

Fave Bands in General;
Avenged Sevenfold
Five Finger Death Punch
Skillet
Sugarland ( yes, a country band ^_^ )
The Spill Canvas
Three Days Grace ( have wanted to see them live for the longest time! hoping they come to Edgefest this year )
Stone Sour
ONs & OFFs // Search Thread

4/5 waiting on me
1/5 waiting on partner

looking for a few more games

Wyrd

Quote from: Wyrd on January 25, 2011, 12:42:22 PM
Blind Guardian has been the greatest band I've seen live. Evert song they played they had the whole venue singing with them with full force. Simply amazing.

I also love to see Dream Theater live. They have some of the most complex songs that a band can make, and seeing their skill in action is almost breath taking.

I think I should also add fav bands in general.

Blind Guardian

Stratovarius

Dimmu Borgir

Mercenary

Into Eternity

Dream Theater

Wintersun

Elvinking

Childrem of Bodom
Ragtime Dandies!

quietone

lets see..this wont be in order

Disturbed
sub ways
SLOT
rhianna
korn
godsmack
seether
amy lee
to name a few
"As he defeated-dying-
On whose forbidden ear
The distant strains of triumph
...Burst agonized and clear!"

Hemingway

I haven't seen that many bands live, as I live in a country where there's not really that much of a market for the kind of music I listen to. Kamelot is an exception, and that was amazing.

My best live experience was seeing Moby at a festival in Hungary a few years ago. I didn't even care much for Moby at the time, but the whole thing just blew me away.

Lady Higashi

Glenn Miller Orchestra
The Temptations
The Rolling Stones

No Doubt
Offspring (did someone mention them?)
Bad Religion

That's all I can think of at the moment.

"When Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept. For there were no more worlds to conquer. Benefits of a classical education."

One Month! Let's do this!

pandaandthelion

Not Bad Choices I listen to so of Those Like Skillet, No Doubt, Evanescence Even though no one said Evanescence though someone said amy lee so just saying and other bands i like

The Killers
Fall Out Boy
Panic At The Disco
All American Rejects
All Time Low
MGMT
Paramore
The Presets
Shiny Toy Guns

and thats all that i can remember now

freakula86

nice bands yourself..Here are some of my favorite bands and its gonna be quite a long list lol.

Avenged Sevenfold
3 Inches of Blood
GWAR
Van Canto
Bullet For My Valentine
Disturbed
Sevendust
A Day To Remember
Mudvayne
Rammstein
Slipknot
Black Veil Brides
The 69 Eyes
Devildriver
Killswitch Engage
Lamb of God
God Forbid
Hed PE
Snot
Guns N' Roses
Poison
Insane Clown Posse
Dark Lotus
Anbody Killa
Psychopathic Rydas
Brokencyde

I also listen to a bit of rap every once in a blue moon artists like Ludacris, DMX and some others just can't think of them at the moment. I listen to more bands than what I have listed up above lol, those are just the ones off the top of my head.

Supernova

Bands I'm seeing on April 23rd ;

Avenged Sevenfold
Halestorm
Skillet
Three Days Grace
Stone Sour
Art of Dying
Seether
&
Theory of a Deadman

Plus tons of local bands.
<3

Sooo freaking excited for the first 5 listed. It'll be my second time seeing A7X live. ^_^
ONs & OFFs // Search Thread

4/5 waiting on me
1/5 waiting on partner

looking for a few more games

gaggedLouise

Would love to see Mastodon, Peter Gabriel and Tori Amos live - I''ll try to catch them next time they tour Europe. Also Avenged Sevenfold and Transatlantic - both of them with Mike Portnoy. I've got TransAt's Live in Europe dvd/cd set and it's quite amazing. Also would adore to see Neil Young - or even better, to have seen him with Crazy Horse in 1973 or 1991.

I'd have loved to see Yes, Judas Priest and Dream Theater about five to ten years ago but they have only rarely been near here (in Sweden, outside of Stockholm). Once almost got to see Yes and Judas at a festival but an extended  family reunion came in between - ironically less than ten miles from the festival site! It was a hard rock festival and it wasn't near where I live; at the two-day reunion you were going to be formally dressed some of the time so I couldn't just slip off; I thoroughly enjoyed the wider family and friends get-together though..Less keen on seeing Dream Theater now, they are technically stunning but I feel they have gone a bit drier over the last few years, James LaBrie's singing has weakened and with Portnoy gone they're at a fork in the road. I'll check out their next album to see what happens..

I'm a jazz fan too, saw DeeDee Bridgewater at an open-air park show in Copenhagen a few years ago and she was killing. What a voice, and what an ability to bond with the audiece! Also seen James Brown live in the 90s - it was good, but not really great. I'd have wanted to make a time leap to 1972 and see him with Bootsy Collins in the band.

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

DobbyDevotchka

haha somehow I knew that Wyrd's favorite band was Blind Guardian, or i guess it didn't surprise me to read.  ;D Do you know about Immortal?

Concerts Ive attended (that I remember), ranked favorite's starting at top:

Tool
   Lady Gaga
  Gogol Bordello (amazinggggggg!)
   Bass Nectar (This is a dj, who basically brings it on a whole different kinda level)
  Foo Fighters (<3's Dave Grohl)
  Metric
  Ozzy Osbourne

Favorite Bands/Artist/Group of all time? Gaaaaahhhhhh so hard, but I'll try!

Radiohead
    David Bowie
   Johnny Cash
    Manu Chao
   Mother Mother
    LCD Soundsystem
  Red Hot Chili Peppers
    Beastie Boys
   Bjork

Wyrd

Quote from: gaggedLouise on February 02, 2011, 01:39:31 AM
Would love to see Mastodon, Peter Gabriel and Tori Amos live - I''ll try to catch them next time they tour Europe. Also Avenged Sevenfold and Transatlantic - both of them with Mike Portnoy. I've got TransAt's Live in Europe dvd/cd set and it's quite amazing. Also would adore to see Neil Young - or even better, to have seen him with Crazy Horse in 1973 or 1991.

I'd have loved to see Yes, Judas Priest and Dream Theater about five to ten years ago but they have only rarely been near here (in Sweden, outside of Stockholm). Once almost got to see Yes and Judas at a festival but an extended  family reunion came in between - ironically less than ten miles from the festival site! It was a hard rock festival and it wasn't near where I live; at the two-day reunion you were going to be formally dressed some of the time so I couldn't just slip off; I thoroughly enjoyed the wider family and friends get-together though..Less keen on seeing Dream Theater now, they are technically stunning but I feel they have gone a bit drier over the last few years, James LaBrie's singing has weakened and with Portnoy gone they're at a fork in the road. I'll check out their next album to see what happens..

I'm a jazz fan too, saw DeeDee Bridgewater at an open-air park show in Copenhagen a few years ago and she was killing. What a voice, and what an ability to bond with the audiece! Also seen James Brown live in the 90s - it was good, but not really great. I'd have wanted to make a time leap to 1972 and see him with Bootsy Collins in the band.

Dream Theater was amazing all the times I saw them. James is actually me fave member of the band. 2010 was an amazing year for him, but then again I've never been to a bad show with him.
Ragtime Dandies!

Heart

I saw The Decemberists live last year in AUS and they were AMAZING! I love bands that interact with the crowd. Soooooo awesome.

overtheunder1993

Favorite Live Bands:
Kiss
Metallica
Down
Crowbar
Nile

Favorite Bands In General:
Kiss
Warning
40 Watt Sun
Xasthur
Crowbar
Down

It's hard to choose. I love so many bands.

MasterMischief

I am not much of a concert goer.  My ears like the produced sound.

Favorite Band: The Beatles

That's right.  I went old school.

ninjamayhem

I must say, that right now my favorite band is Amon Amarth. Granted, that changes from week to week as new stuff comes out, and I find new bands to listen too.

Caeli

Charlene Kaye - Mad Tom of Bedlam (Official Music Video)

I don't have many favorite bands that I regularly listen to; most of the artists I like are individuals, not groups.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs