Interest Check [Pathfinder -Skull & Shackles]: Casting Complete.

Started by Callie Del Noire, July 10, 2012, 06:18:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callie Del Noire

I've been considering this for a while. I want to GM a Pathfinder game (Initially I was tempted to do a one shot like 'We be Goblins' first) but figured that I'd go whole hog instead.

Quote from: Paizo
Skull & Shackles
There's adventure to be had on the high seas when a group of press-ganged strangers seizes a ship and becomes embroiled in the plots and politics of the Shackles—an infamous island chain dominated by pirate warlords. But as these new swashbucklers make names for themselves, rival scalawags, enemy navies, legendary sea monsters, and the infamous Hurricane King himself seek to see them walk the plank. Who will survive when there's glory to plunder?

Setup:
Character Creation: 25 Point Buy, starting out as 1st level PCs. Max Hp for 1st level. Starting Wealth: Random.
Advancement: Medium
Character Races: Any of the Core Races, MOST of the Featured Races and talk to me about the Uncommon. (Drow, Fetchling, Goblins/Hobgoblins are out). Racial Abilities/Traits/Archetypes will be discussed on a case by case basis.
Alignments: No Evil alignments and given the players will be pirates Lawful types will have a very very hard time justifying.
Classes: Most are allowed, no summoners please. Ask about Archetypes.
Traits: 2, look into the Skull & Shackle's Player Guide for campaign setting specific types.
Skills to Consider: Profession (Sailor), Bluff, Diplomacy, Intimidate. (All good 'piratey' skills). Knowledge (Engineering), Craft (sails), (ships), (siege weapons), Knowledge (local), Profession (Cook), (Siege Engineer) and Swim (are all good choices).

Suggested Sources: Pathfinder SRD, Skull & Shackle's Player's Guide (It's free on the paizo site)

NO 3rd PARTY Sources.

I'm looking for 5 to 6 players, and would like some characters that could mesh and no SILLY types. Feel free to add in a backstory on the players wound up in Port Peril in the Shackle Isles.

Quote from: Skull & Shackles Player's GuideSkull & Shackles Characters
Characters of almost any race or class can be found in the melting pot of the Shackles, so long as they have a reason to embrace a life of piracy. In fact, the only class that is probably not a good fit for the Skull & Shackles Adventure Path is the paladin, whose alignment restriction and code of conduct are in direct opposition to the themes of piracy and plunder in this campaign.

Archetypes: A number of archetypes are especially suitable for use in the Skull & Shackles Adventure Path. The following archetypes from the Pathfinder RPG Advanced Player’s Guide are all good choices: aquatic druid (druid); rake, swashbuckler, thug (rogue); sea singer (bard); and water elementalist (wizard). The tempest druid archetype from Pathfinder Player Companion: Inner Sea Magic is also a good fit, while Pathfinder Player Companion: Pirates of the Inner Sea offers the buccaneer (bard), corsair (fighter), freebooter (ranger), and smuggler (rogue) archetypes. From Pathfinder RPG Ultimate Combat, the cad (fighter), daredevil (bard), pirate (rogue), and sea reaver (barbarian) archetypes all complement the themes of this Adventure Path, as do the sea witch (witch), shark shaman (druid), and storm druid (druid) archetypes from Pathfinder RPG Ultimate Magic.
Bloodlines: The elemental (water) bloodline is a solid choice for a sorcerer in the Skull & Shackles Adventure Path, as is the aquatic bloodline or stormborn bloodline from the Advanced Player’s Guide.
Domains: Clerics, druids, and inquisitors that have some connection to the sea make a perfect fit for the Skull & Shackles Adventure Path. Details on Besmara—goddess of piracy, strife, and sea monsters—can be found in Pathfinder Adventure Path #55. Good domain choices include Charm, Liberation, Luck, Travel, Trickery, Water,and Weather, and useful subdomains include Curse, Deception, Oceans, Revolution, Storms, and Thievery. In addition, druids might be interested in the aquatic terrain domain from Ultimate Magic.
Favored Enemies and Terrains: Good favored enemy choices for rangers in the Skull & Shackles Adventure Path include aberration, humanoid (giant), monstrous humanoid, and in particular, humanoid (human). For favored terrains, water would be the obvious choice.

Additional Rules:

Firearms: We are at the Emerging Guns level. That is.. Early Firearms are available but advanced firearms are rare.

Party:
Players:
-Katherine Hayes (apostateCourier): Human(Chelaxian) Female, Alchemist 1, Job:
-Ionnia Tivalt (Muse): Human (Taldan) Female, Wizard(Evoker) 1, Job:
-Berianna Brown (vim26m): Half Orc Male, Monk 1, Job:
-Jacob Howl (Isengard): Human (Chelaxian) Female, Gunslinger(Buccaneer) 1, Job:
-Lantis Everleaf (Blinkin): Half-Elf Male, Rogue (Swashbuckler)
-Umiko (Katina Tarask): Kitsune Female, Witch (Hedge Witch) 1, Job:
-Mahle Odhiel (Ixy): Half Orc Female, Druid (Aquatic) 1, Job:

Game Threads:
Character Thread
Skull & Shackles: OOC
Skull & Shackles: Book 1

Callie Del Noire

vin26m

Isengrad

I would be interested in this as well, I will look over the classes and get back to you.

original artwork by karabiner

Blinkin

I may be interested, if you'll have me. lol

Full HP at first level?
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Blinkin on July 10, 2012, 07:51:53 PM
I may be interested, if you'll have me. lol

Full HP at first level?

Oh if I must.  (yes)

Innocence

Interested!!
I want to have another try at pathfinder since our last game died.

Muse

Oooh!  I am interested as well! 

In my experience it's hard to run through an adventure path without covering the 'core four rolls'.  Let me see what I can come up with.  :) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Isengrad

I think I have narrowed down what i would like. Was thinking of a Gunslinger, make him the siege engineer. Basic concept but I wanted to run the class by you first.

apostateCourier

Sold.  I'd gladly make a Human Alchemist for your high seas adventure!

Blinkin

Thinking a human swashbuckler. I looked at the type and kinda like it. I'll work up a character today and send it off.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Isengrad on July 11, 2012, 01:16:54 AM
I think I have narrowed down what i would like. Was thinking of a Gunslinger, make him the siege engineer. Basic concept but I wanted to run the class by you first.

Gunslingers are allowed but I need to thinkon the gun scarcity. ADVANCED Firearms will be quite rare. (As the only source is thousands of miles to the east of you)

apostateCourier

Here we go:
Katherine Hayes, Chaotic Good Human Alchemist<Grenadier> 1
Traits: Buccaneer's Blood, World Traveler (diplo)
Favored Class: Alchemist

STR 13 +1 BAB +0
DEX 14 +2 AC 14 = 10 + 2 dex + 2 armor
CON 14 +2 HP 10
INT 18 +4 Init +2
WIS 12 +1
CHA 10 +0

FORT +4 = +2base +2con
REF +4 = +2base +2dex
WILL +1 = +0base +1wis

Skills(4+int+human+favor)Total Ranks Mod Class Misc
Acrobatics 3 1 +2
Craft(alchemy) 8 1 +4 +3 <+1>
Craft(siege engine) 8 1 +4 +3
Diplomacy 5 1 +0 +3 +1
Disable Device 7 1 +3 +3
Knowledge(arcana) 8 1 +4 +3
Knowledge(engineering) 5 1 +4
Perception 5 1 +1 +3
Profession(sailor) 6 1 +1 +3 +1
Spellcraft 8 1 +4 +3
Use Magic Device 4 1 +0 +3

Feats
Point-Blank Shot
Precise Shot

Class Features
Alchemy
Bomb 1d6+4
Martial Weapon Proficiency(Boarding Axe)
Mutagen
Throw Anything

Discoveries

Formulae (+ prepared | - used)
1st level (2/day)
|Crafter's Fortune
|Cure Light Wounds
|Expeditious Retreat
|Jump
|Polypurpose Panacea +
|Touch of the Sea +

Languages
Common, Elven, Goblin, Dwarven, Giant

Equipment (100gp)
Alchemist's Kit (25 gp)
Formulae Book
Leather Armor (10 gp)
Boarding Axe (6 gp) 1d6|20 x3|P or S|Light
Light Crossbow (35 gp) 1d8|19 x2|P|Ranged 80ft
100 bolts (10 gp)
Dagger (2 gp) 1d4|19 x2|P or S|Light 10ft
Backpack (2 gp)
Trail Rations x5 (5 gp)
Alchemist's Kindness x5 (5 gp)
Explorer's Outfit (free)

"short version" Backstory incoming:

Katherine Hayes was born at sea, on a near-wrecked galleon flying black colors.  Her mother (rest her soul) weren't nothing but an “interest” of her father's (whom was himself the grandson of a somewhat infamous Captain Hayes), and he weren't nothing but a sea-born scallywag himself.  Now, her papa was cold-hearted and practical most times, but Katherine's mother was special enough to him that he sent his daughter off to live on land with her mother's family in accordance with her wishes.

She took the family alchemy trade at the ripe old age of eight, proving to be something of a prodigy when it came to the mixings of errant chemicals- she made her first (intentional) explosive at 10- that she was sent away once more to a prominent seaside university to further her studies at the age of 16.  Of course, her tendency to get into fights over (real and perceived) injustices and set fire to the neighbor's overly aggressive dog might have influenced that decision as well.  She spent three years learning the ins and outs of alchemy, and discovering several practical uses for it down on the docks and in the bars she felt called to.  She paid off her tuition in hangover cures, and fried a mugger or two- until she was expelled for brawling on campus.

Divest of diploma, with the sea air close at hand, she decided then and there to make her way back down to the docks.  By the gods she did, and she spent the next year learning the hard way how to live on the high seas.  She went from ship to ship, working as a deckhand to pay her way.  she made some money on the side with her alchemy trade- sailors always need more Alchemist's Kindness- and did occasional mercenary work when she couldn't get hired on “for fare.”  Occasionally, her great-granddad's name would grant her the foot on the deck she needed to gain passage from A to B, as it did when she traveled to Port Peril...

Edit: Decided "Intimidate" matched the character more than "Bluff," and figuring that we haven't started yet I swapped the skill point and the Trait class skill gain.

Edit: Forgot about bonus languages from INT.  They're in now.  Oh, and I recorded the starting outfit as well, just in case <_<;;

Edit: Found a trait that fit the story much better.  I didn't want to give up Intimidate, but World Traveler makes more sense than Convincing Liar based on the backstory I wrote.

Isengrad

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on July 11, 2012, 10:19:31 AM
Gunslingers are allowed but I need to thinkon the gun scarcity. ADVANCED Firearms will be quite rare. (As the only source is thousands of miles to the east of you)

I had no expectation of advanced firearms. this is piracy, I expected a flintlock pistol or a pepperbox. If we get high enough I would be able to craft my own advanced firearm with the proper mats.

Blinkin

If you think about it historically, the flintlock was a fairly advanced weapon. It was advanced enough that it had few improvements between it's introduction and it's replacement, the breach loader that appered in the mid 19th century. For all intent and purposes, the Flintlock was virtually the same weapon that faught the American war of Independence and saw service in the American Civil war.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Callie Del Noire

Blinkin

I'm playing a half-elf swashbuckler and one of the alternative racial traits is a spell-like ability. Can I take that trait and if so, can someone explain how it works?

Thanks
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Blinkin on July 11, 2012, 07:34:46 PM
I'm playing a half-elf swashbuckler and one of the alternative racial traits is a spell-like ability. Can I take that trait and if so, can someone explain how it works?

Thanks

Which alternate trait are you looking at?

Innocence

Just a note... International talk like a pirate day is on the 19th of September
Let's hope the roleplay lasts that long =3

On another note
I'm making an elf Oracle
Is that ok?
Here's her character sheet in the making
Lamina

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Innocence on July 11, 2012, 08:13:58 PM
Just a note... International talk like a pirate day is on the 19th of September
Let's hope the roleplay lasts that long =3

On another note
I'm making an elf Oracle
Is that ok?
Here's her character sheet in the making
Lamina

Can't see it. What curse you taking? (I personally dislike them but curse aide they seem balanced)

Innocence

That's weird....
perhaps try again it might have been coz I was editing some things before
anyway I chose the Legalistic curse
is that ok?

Isengrad

you need to make the sheet publicly view able innocence

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Innocence on July 11, 2012, 08:48:38 PM
That's weird....
perhaps try again it might have been coz I was editing some things before
anyway I chose the Legalistic curse
is that ok?

You need to make it publicly viewable

Blinkin

Spell-like ability replaces Adaptable and Multi-talented racial traits. I would like to take the spell like ability instead of the other two, but I'm not sure how to select the spell ike effect or what would be acceptible. A level 1 spell? something else? Is it restricted to wizard like spells, or can it be clerical/druidic?
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Blinkin on July 11, 2012, 10:04:55 PM
Spell-like ability replaces Adaptable and Multi-talented racial traits. I would like to take the spell like ability instead of the other two, but I'm not sure how to select the spell ike effect or what would be acceptible. A level 1 spell? something else? Is it restricted to wizard like spells, or can it be clerical/druidic?

What book does that racial trait comes from?

Blinkin

My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Blinkin on July 11, 2012, 10:16:25 PM
No idea. It's on the Pathfinder OGC site under the Half-Elf racial stuff

It's here:

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/core-races/half-elf

I don't see a Spell-like ability.. I see DROW Magic... but I see no racial trait for 'Spell like ability'.

Blinkin

Ok, why didn't that register? Nevermind, it's out-of-bounds. Sorry for the confusion.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Blinkin on July 11, 2012, 10:28:26 PM
Ok, why didn't that register? Nevermind, it's out-of-bounds. Sorry for the confusion.

You can be Drow-Descended, BUT you will be taking the spells Drow Magic gives..not choosing them (and remember Drow Descended half-elves get light blindness too)

Blinkin

Nah, I'm not that interested in it. The disadvantages outweight any real benefits. The vision issues would not be good on the decks of a ship.

Anyway, I'm down to selecting equipment, so I should have a draft up tomorrow.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Muse

Looks like arcane caster falls to me.  :)  Yay! 

Let's see... 

Evoker wizard, maybe?  Or some sort of sorceress? 

*nods*  I know. 

A nerdy girl studdying magic and history, curious about cyclops ruins because of their reputed divinatory abilities. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Isengrad

Here we go, My Gunslinger(Buccaneer) Jacob howl , I used the heart of the sea Racial variant. I would post a back story now, but it is late and my mind has decided to stop working. If you have any problems let me know and i can change it.

Muse

Do we start with our usual starting gear?  Or have the pirates reapropriated it? 

Muse

Ionnia Tivalt, daughter of Vors Tivalt, graduate of the Arcanamirium

Chaotic Neutral (Good tendencies)
Human (Taldan) Female
Homeland:  Absalom
Wizard (Evoker) 1

Height:  5’3” 
Weight:  125lbs

Strength      12   +1
Dexterity      12   +1
Constitution      12   +1
Intelligence      20   +5
Wisdom      10   +0
Charisma      12   +1

HP   8

Armor Class      11

Base Attack +0
Melee      +1
Missile   +1
CMB      +1
CMD      12

Weapons: 
Masterwork Quarterstaff (arcane bond). 
--TAB   +2
--Damage   d6+1
--Critical   20X2

Class Abilities:
Arcane Bond
Cantrips
Intense Spells
Force Missiles 8/Day
Scribe Scroll
Spellcasting

Feats: 
Cosmopolitan: Bluff and Diplomacy
Fast Learner

Languages: 
--Aquan
--Azlanti
--Common (Taldan)
--Cyclops
--Draconic
--Elven
--Giant
--Gnome
--Sylvan

Skills: 
Appraise         1 +3 +5   =d20+9
Bluff            1 +3 +1   =d20+5
Diplomacy         1 +3 +1   =d20+5
Linguistics         1 +3 +5   =d20+9
Knowledge: Arcana   1 +3 +5   =d20+9
Knowledge: Geography   1 +3 +5   =d20+9
Knowledge: History   1 +3 +5 +1   =d20+10
Knowledge: Local      1 +3 +5 +1   =d20+10
Spellcraft         1 +3 +5   =d20+9

Traits: 
Ancient Explorer
You are a student of the ancient history of Golarion, and you've come to the Shackles to explore the crumbling and vine-choked ruins of the cyclops empire of Ghol-Gan, which have lain abandoned among the isles of the Shackles for thousands of years.
You went to a tavern called the Formidably Maid in Port Peril last night to meet a contact who supposedly had an old map of lost cyclops ruins to sell, but the drink was stronger than you had expected and you passed out before making the deal.
Benefit You gain a +1 trait bonus on Knowledge(history) and Knowledge (local) checks, and one of these skills is a class skill for you. In addition, you gain Cyclops or Polyglot as a bonus language.
Focused Mind
Your childhood was either dominated by lessons of some sort (whether musical, academic, or other) or by a horrible home life that encouraged your ability to block out distractions and focus on the immediate task at hand.
Benefit: You gain a +2 trait bonus on concentration checks.

Spellcasting: 
--Barred Schools:  Enchantment, Illusion
--Concentration:  +8

Spells: 
L 1  DC 16
E.  Ear Piercing Scream
1.  Endure Elements
2.  Mage Armor
3.  Unseen Servant

L 0  DC 15
E.  Ray of frost
1.  Detect Magic
2.  Mending
3.  Prestidigitation

Spellbook: 
--Crafter’s Fortune, *Ear Piercing Scream, Endure Elements, *Floating Disk, Identify, Mage Armor, Touch of the Sea, Unseen Servant,

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Muse on July 12, 2012, 01:53:38 AM
Do we start with our usual starting gear?  Or have the pirates reapropriated it?

You guys are all press ganged.. so yeah.. (aside from one item: light weapon, holy symbol, spell components pouch) you're without your gear at the beginning of the game BUT you can get your stuff back. (through sneakery, bluff, diplomacy, 'favors' and such)

Blinkin

When you say "light" weapon, do you mean a weapon that falls into the "light" catagory?
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Blinkin on July 12, 2012, 09:23:50 AM
When you say "light" weapon, do you mean a weapon that falls into the "light" catagory?

Yeah..that or something small.

Callie Del Noire

So Blinkin.. is that Rogue(Swashbuckler) or Fighter(Swashbuckler)?

We got, so far:

-Oracle
-Wizard(Evoker)
-Fighter(Swashbuckler)?
- ?? Gunslinger ??
- <anyone?>

vin26m

Here's a draft of my character.  I'll finish it up later, but feel free to add comments, Callie (or anyone).

Full Name       Beriana Brown

Race            Half-Orc

Classes/Level   Monk / 1st   

Favored Class   Barbarian (not monk)

Gender          Male   

Size            Medium   

Age             18 years old   

Alignment       Lawful Neutral   

Languages       Common   

Strength        18 (+4)   

Dexterity       14 (+2)   

Constitution    12 (+1)

Intelligence    12 (+1)

Wisdom          16 (+3)   

Charisma         7 (-2)

Story:

About 20 years ago, a human bard named Briana Brown was a passenger on a ship carrying valuable cargo.  An orc Free Captain and his crew took the ship, killed all crew and passengers she was carrying aboard, plundered her cargo and sank her.

The last survivor to be brought up to the deck was Briana, a woman of charm and surpassing beauty who was showing no sign of fear.  None of the crew wanted to execute her, so lots were drawn and the task fell to the captain.  He set up a plank across the ship, and had her walk along it, which she did with graceful composure.  With tears in her eyes, she made her peace and accepted that she would meet her maker.  The plank tipped and she fell into the sea.

Overcome with sorrow, the orc Free Captain triggered his barbarian rage and dove in after her.  He managed to save her, and the crew pulled them back onto the ship.

The captain kept her as a captive, but eventually the two fell in love and she had a child.  The captain named his half-orc son Beriana, a typical female elf name.  He brought his wife and son to land, gave them enough gold to live on, and went back to the ship, never to be heard from or seen again.

Growing up, Beriana was mocked, ridiculed and bullied for his orc features, feminine elven name, and his surname.  He constantly got into trouble for picking fights and acted out through theft.  Unable to control Beriana, his mother sent him to a monk temple, where he learned discipline, self-control, fighting, and avoiding a fight.

He is now on a quest to find his father as well as come to terms with his orc nature.

He has laid with many women as a way of proving his masculinity, usually by protecting them from harm but occasionally by scaring them into submission.  He was pursuing a sexy, flirtatious corsair and experiencing a whirlwind night of booze and romance, but found himself beaten senseless and stuffed in a sack, carried off to who knows where.

Personality:

(to be filled in later)

Mechanics Breakdown:

Attributes:

25 point buy

STR 18: 16 [Purchase cost of 10] + 2 [Racial]
DEX 14: 14 [Purchase cost of 5]
CON 12: 12 [Purchase cost of 2]
INT 12: 12 [Purchase cost of 2]
WIS 16: 16 [Purchase cost of 10]
CHA  7:  7 [Purchase cost of -4]

HP 10: 1d8/level [Monk] + [CON]*Level + [Favored Class]*Level = 8+1+0 = 9

AC: 10 [Base] + 2 [DEX] + 3 [WIS] = 14

CMD:

Saves:

Fortitude 3: 2 [Monk] + 1 [CON] = 3
Reflex    4: 2 [Monk] + 2 [DEX] = 4
Will      5: 2 [Monk] + 3 [WIS] = 5

Initiative 2: 2 [Dex]

Combat Bonus:

# of skill ranks per level = 5: 4 [Monk] +1 [INT]

Skill ranks 5: 4 [Monk] + 1 [INT]

Acrobatics +6          : 1 [Ranks] +3 [Class Skill] +2 [DEX]
Intimidate +9          : 1 [Ranks] +3 [Class Skill] -2 [CHA] +4 [Feat, STR] +2 [Racial] +1 [Trait]
Perception +7          : 1 [Ranks] +3 [Class Skill] +3 [WIS]
Profession (Sailor) +4 : 0 [Ranks] +0 [Class Skill] +3 [WIS] +1 [Trait]
Sense Motive +7        : 1 [Ranks] +3 [Class Skill] +3 [WIS]
Sleight of Hand +7     : 1 [Ranks] +3 [Class Skill, Trait] +2 [DEX] +1 [Trait]

Feats:

Intimidating Prowess [Level 1] (Add Strength modifier to Intimidate skill checks in addition to your Charisma modifier.)

Class Features:

AC Bonus

Bonus Feat: Improved Grapple (You do not provoke an attack of opportunity when performing a grapply combat manuever.  In addition, you receive a +2 bonus on checks made to grapple a foe.  You also receive a +2 bonus to your Combat Manuever Defense whenever an opponent tries to grapple you.)

Flurry of Blows

Stunning Fist

Unarmed Strike

Traits:

Buccaneers' Blood [+1 trait bonus on Intimidate and Profession (Sailor).  From Skull and Shackles Campaign Traits.]

Child of the Streets [+1 trait bonus on Sleight of Hand checks, and Sleight of Hand is always a class skill.  From Basic Traits: Social Traits.]

Interesting link about pirate crews:

http://www.brethrenofthegreatlakes.com/forum/index.php?topic=72.0

Blinkin

At the moment, it's a fighter, but if you need a rogue, I can try to track down the rogue version and convert. I always expect to see someone else playing the rogue types so I don't set out to.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Callie Del Noire

vin26m

His lawful days will probably be over as a pirate (although he would be interested in pirate code and stuff) and he will embrace his barbarian rage while retaining the monk abilities he currently has.

apostateCourier

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on July 12, 2012, 09:15:45 AM
You guys are all press ganged.. so yeah.. (aside from one item: light weapon, holy symbol, spell components pouch) you're without your gear at the beginning of the game BUT you can get your stuff back. (through sneakery, bluff, diplomacy, 'favors' and such)
Does that include my alchemist's kit?  It's basically my spell components pouch.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: apostateCourier on July 12, 2012, 10:43:18 AM
Does that include my alchemist's kit?  It's basically my spell components pouch.

You WILL get a chance to bluff/diplomacy/favors your way back to your gear. (Just don't get caught)

A lot of the first part of the game is learning the ropes of being a swabbie/rigger/cooks mate on the ship. Then there is pirating.. and eventually more.

Eventually the players will be working on building up Plunder and Infamy (important stats) but you start out on the bottom of the pile. The FNGs

Isengrad

Class: Gunslinger(buccaneer)

History:

"One more drink, aye.." said Jacob, his hand lazily raised to call the bar wench over. When she arrived he drunkenly clapped the poor serving wench on the ass after she filled his cup  and pulled her into his lap just to make her struggle free from his grasp. That action alone brought the cheers of a few more drunken sailors that were seated around the Formidably Maid.  Laughing he brought his mug to his lips once more and proceed to drain half the glass in that one gulp. Almost slamming it back on the table he turned those striking eyes, one brown and  one blue, towards the man sitting across from him. Who just so happened to be the one paying for his drinks.

"Now, where were we?" he said, his train of thought lost for a moment. ".. ah yes, Ye asked 'bout my past did ye not.  I can'ne say much before the wreck, time and the drink robbed  me of what little mind I had to begin with." he said, a brief flicker of a memory stirring behind the haze of alcohol that clouded his eyes.. another draw from his mug put out that light."The  bastard that found was the cap'ain of a private merchant ship. Cold hearted sonova bitch that man was,used me like his own personal slave. Beat me if I didne' do a good enough job, or  if he just felt like it. Only when I really screwed up did he pull out the knife, only screwed up twice like that.... here" his finger traced the scar over his right eye"..an' here.." he said, finger  tracing over the one on his left cheek. His thoughts wavered  for a moment, a pain swirling behind his eyes again.. only to be drowned by the rest of his drink. He raised his cup once more  for the serving wench.

Once his mug was once again nice and heavy with that liquid gold did he continue on with his story."Course, woulda' had more chances to disappoint that Bastard had we not been  attacked on our way back from a very profitable trade. Can'ne remember a lot of details, but I remember finding Jessie.." he leaned back enough to pull a battered old pistol from its  holster and slap it down on the table. "... that shitty ole' pistol saved me life. Found it stuffed under an old bag of grain, must have been the cooks or something.Managed to make it past  most of the fighting to get to a dingy, only problem was one of the pirates was there.. I don'ne even remember pulling the trigger but a loud bang and a puff of smoke and the bastard  crumpled at my feet." he took another swig of his ale before he re holstered Jessie "Anyway, I managed to lower it down and drifted fro a few days before i washed up near a port. Was able to find work helping some engineer's.. learned a few things but never felt at home. Eventually I managed to barter passage to a few ports either by coin or service on the ship until i wound up here. I don'ne know what i'm even looking for, but heres to the search.. and a kind man that willing to spend some coin on a strangers drinks" he raised his glass in toast to the man across from him before he threw it back, the next time the mug hit the table the gunslingers head was not far behind it.

*Link to character sheet

Blinkin

Name: Lantis Everleaf         Player: Blinkin
Race: Half-Elf               Sex: Male
Class: Swashbuckler         Favored Class: Rogue
Level: 1         EXP: 0         Next Level:
Alignment: Neutral Good

Physical Description:

Lantis, standing at an impressive 6 feet, is a ruggedly handsome figure of a man with long, slightly curly chestnut hair that frames a tanned, strong-jawed face. His features are dominated by deep, dark blue eyes and lips that always seems on the verge of curling with some secret mirth. Well toned muscular limbs accentuate his lean figure. He moves with a dancers grace and a deliberate, determined pace. He is most often found in loose, comfortable tunics with well fitted leather breaches tucked into thigh high, turned down boots.

Personality:

Lantis is a man who enjoys life with a zest that could leave some winded simply by watching him. A constant, vibrant energy seems to infuse his every breath and he firmly believes that life is meant to be lived, people enoyed and humor above all is to be encouraged. If you’re as likely as not to die tomorrow, live for today! A relatively good natured person, he is as much at home in a crowded tavern brawl as on the shifting decks of a ship with her sails full.

Background:

Yet to be written

Ability Scores:
STR: 13 (+1)   Carry: Light: 50   Moderate: 51-100      Heavy: 101-150
DEX: 18 (+4)
CON: 14 (+2)
INT: 14 (+2)
WIS: 12 (+1)
CHA: 10 (+0)

Saving Throws:
Fort: +2
Reflex: +6
Will: +1 (+2 vs enchantments, immune to sleep)

Base speed: 30ft
Base Attack:+ 4
Base Damage: +1
Init: +4

AC: 19
Flatfooted: 15
Touch: 14
Situational:
HP: 13

Class Skills:
8 Acrobatics (dex)
6 Appraise (Int)
7 Bluff (CHR)
5 Climb (Str)
8Disable Device (Dex)
6 Linguistic (Int)
8 Perception Keen Senses +2)
6 Profession (Sailor)
8 Sleight of Hand (Dex)
8 Stealth (Dex)
5 Swim (Str)

Languages: Common, elven, Orc, Giant and Polygot

Feats:
Skill Focus )Bluff)
Toughness
Sneak attack (1d6)
Weapon Finesse (Combat Trick)
Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Whip)(Combat Trick)
Martial Weapon (longsword)

Racial/class traits
Keen Senses (+2 to perception)ill)
Lowlight vision (
Elf Blood (count as both races for effects related to race)
Multi-talented (begins with two favored classes and may take +1 HP or 1 skill rank if chosen)
Besmara’s Blessing (+1 to perception and Prof (sailor) and may reroll prof (sailor) once per week, taking better roll)
Prehensile Whip (Can use a whip like a rope w/ grappling hook)

Currency: 17 gp, 9 sp, 7 cp

Equipment:
Rapier: Dam: 1D6, Crit: 18-20 x2, Weight: 2 lbs, Cost: 20 gp
Dagger: Dam: 1d4, Crit: 19, 20 x2, Weight: 1 lbs, Cost: 2 gp
Whip, Bull: Dam: 1d3 (NL), Crit: x2, Weight: 2 lbs, Cost: 1gp
Studded Leather: AC: +3, Max Dex: +5, Skill Pen: -1, SF: 15%, Weight: 20 lbs
Weapon/Armor weight: 2 lbs

Backpack, Masterworked): 2 lbs, 50 gp
Blanket, Common(x2): 2 lbs, 4 sp
Clothing, Artisans outfit: 4 lbs, 1 gp
Clothing, Explorers outfit: 8 lbs, 0gp
Flint and steel: Neg, 1 gp
Rations (x7): 3.5 lbs, 35 sp
Hammock: 1sp, 3 lbs
Pommel, Holow: neg, 10 gp
Pouch, belt (x2): 1 lb, 2 gp
String/twine (50 ft): .5 lbs, 1 cp
Tools, Thieves: 1 lbs   30 gp
Waterskin: 4 lbs, 1 gp
Wetstone: 1 lb, 2cp
Backpack weight: 30 lbs
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

apostateCourier

Ugh, I'm sorry for the massive number of edits on my character sheet, but I'm trying to get the character just the way I want it before play begins <_<;;  Also, I'm liking the way the group's coming together =)

Callie Del Noire

Blinkin

Question... is a shield a martial weapon for the purposes of getting a shield proficiency, or do you have to take the feat?

There's a couple of little mistakes on the rogue character side, which I'm giving real consideration to using, but the swashbuckler type gets a free martial weapon prof in addition to the rogue's regular ones, but no shield... so... I need to figure out how to get that fixed.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Isengrad

no, shield proficiency is its own feat, it covers using it to defend as well as shield bashing.

Callie Del Noire

Isengrad

Thanks, i need to look over the setting to find the human areas again. Also is everything alright with my character? do I need to change anything?

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Isengrad on July 12, 2012, 07:25:09 PM
Thanks, i need to look over the setting to find the human areas again. Also is everything alright with my character? do I need to change anything?

I'm entering everyone into Herolab (let's me track things better and check them more fairly.). You're coming up.. I just entered the first character... I'll most LIKELY be mostly done by the time I go to bed, still waiting on innocence's PC to look over.

Isengrad

Might have to Pm her if she has not been checking the thread. Last I checked her sheet is still on private.

Callie Del Noire

Okay.. what I got so far. Minor glitches nothing killer.

1. Katherine Hayes -Checks good. (Might want to consider what ethinicity of human you'll be.. bonus language!)
2. Ionnia Tivalt - You still got a language to choose.
3. Berianna Brown -you still got a language to choose.. and gear.
4. Jacob Howl - 1 point understpent on point buy (24 of 25)
5.  Lantis Everlead -Overspent points (27 of 25), you are short a language, 2nd favored class (fighter I assume?), and you holding onto the buckler for a level of fighter sometime in the future right?
6. Oracle -Still locked.. can't see to key her in. :D

vin26m

Callie Del Noire

No worries.. still waiting on the Oracle and touching up the game threads.LOTS of info going up.

Blinkin

I'm fixing up Lantis's points and the other little things that popped up.

I've been going back and forth on the buckler, but in all honesty, I'll probably drop it as it's only 1 point and not going to make a lot of difference. The favored class ends up being rogue. The fighter version of Swashbuckler allowed for two favored classes and when I converted him to a rogue version I missed the detail.

I dropped you a PM, but ignore it, I figured it out and made another boo-boo. lol The corrected version should be up in a few.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

apostateCourier

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on July 12, 2012, 08:22:53 PM
Okay.. what I got so far. Minor glitches nothing killer.

1. Katherine Hayes -Checks good. (Might want to consider what ethinicity of human you'll be.. bonus language!)
2. Ionnia Tivalt - You still got a language to choose.
3. Berianna Brown -you still got a language to choose.. and gear.
4. Jacob Howl - 1 point understpent on point buy (24 of 25)
5.  Lantis Everlead -Overspent points (27 of 25), you are short a language, 2nd favored class (fighter I assume?), and you holding onto the buckler for a level of fighter sometime in the future right?
6. Oracle -Still locked.. can't see to key her in. :D
Ethnicities?  Tell me more!

Isengrad

fixed the point, put it in Int since I like my stats the way they are. also that leaves room to improve int next time I get a stat point which will increase my skills a bit more.

Also cheeking over the ethnicity, Chelaxian looks good for jacob.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Isengrad on July 12, 2012, 09:55:50 PM
fixed the point, put it in Int since I like my stats the way they are. also that leaves room to improve int next time I get a stat point which will increase my skills a bit more.

Also cheeking over the ethnicity, Chelaxian looks good for jacob.

Yeah..they are nice folk.. for devil worshiping hellspawn. :D

apostateCourier

Blinkin

Lantis is all fixed up and ready to go, I think. I think that I got a good merging of combat and skills with supporting traits and so on. I may, eventually, look at two weapon feats to give him more versitility, but that's in the future.

I got him a whip just for the entertainment value and because it's kinda flashy.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

apostateCourier

Quote from: Blinkin on July 12, 2012, 10:22:45 PM
Lantis is all fixed up and ready to go, I think. I think that I got a good merging of combat and skills with supporting traits and so on. I may, eventually, look at two weapon feats to give him more versitility, but that's in the future.

I got him a whip just for the entertainment value and because it's kinda flashy.
Since we're getting press ganged at the start, I foresee that proficiency being useful for sweet, sweet payback later =P

Blinkin

That did enter my mind, among other things. It's also partly being about to use it as a rope with a grapple to get out of places. Pull that Indiana Jones trick with thebeam over the pit sort of thing. I love a whip!
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Callie Del Noire

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=145962.0

Opening entry updated.

More info on characters, list of characters and the OOC/Player threads are open for posting.

Callie Del Noire

And yes..while there is a LOT of info in the first post of the OOC thread.. not ALL of it is immediately needed to be read.

Isengrad

you have jacob listed as female, is there something your not telling me? was the drink cursed?! OH MY GOD!!!

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Isengrad on July 12, 2012, 11:15:51 PM
you have jacob listed as female, is there something your not telling me? was the drink cursed?! OH MY GOD!!!

Sorry.. cutting and pasting.

Blinkin

Ok, hopefully, final draft here.

Name: Lantis Everleaf         Player: Blinkin
Race: Half-Elf               Sex: Male
Class: Swashbuckler            Favored Class: Rogue
Level: 1         EXP: 0            Next Level:
Alignment: Neutral Good

Physical Description:

Lantis, standing at an impressive 6 feet, is a ruggedly handsome figure of a man with long, slightly curly chestnut hair that frames a tanned, strong-jawed face. His features are dominated by deep, dark blue eyes and lips that always seems on the verge of curling with some secret mirth. Well toned muscular limbs accentuate his lean figure. He moves with a dancers grace and a deliberate, determined pace. He is most often found in loose, comfortable tunics with well fitted leather breaches tucked into thigh high, turned down boots.

Personality:

Lantis is a man who enjoys life with a zest that could leave some winded simply by watching him. A constant, vibrant energy seems to infuse his every breath and he firmly believes that life is meant to be lived, people enoyed and humor above all is to be encouraged. If you’re as likely as not to die tomorrow, live for today! A relatively good natured person, he is as much at home in a crowded tavern brawl as on the shifting decks of a ship with her sails full.

Background:

Yet to be written

Ability Scores:
STR: 13 (+1)   Carry: Light: 50   Moderate: 51-100      Heavy: 101-150
DEX: 18 (+4)
CON: 14 (+2)
INT: 14 (+2)
WIS: 12 (+1)
CHA: 10 (+0)

Saving Throws:
Fort: +2
Reflex: +6
Will: +1 (+2 vs enchantments, immune to sleep)

Base speed: 30ft
Base Attack:+ 4
Base Damage: +1
Init: +4

AC: 19
Flatfooted: 15
Touch: 14
Situational:
HP: 13

Class Skills:
8 Acrobatics (dex)
6 Appraise (Int)
7 Bluff (CHR)
5 Climb (Str)
8Disable Device (Dex)
6 Linguistic (Int)
8 Perception Keen Senses +2)
6 Profession (Sailor)
8 Sleight of Hand (Dex)
8 Stealth (Dex)
5 Swim (Str)

Languages: Common, elven, Osiriani, Kellish and Poligot

Feats:
Ancestrial Arms (Whip)
Toughness
Sneak attack (1d6)
Weapon Finesse (Combat Trick)
Martial Weapon (longsword)

Racial/class traits
Keen Senses (+2 to perception)ill)
Lowlight vision (
Elf Blood (count as both races for effects related to race)
Multi-talented (begins with two favored classes and may take +1 HP or 1 skill rank if chosen)
Besmara’s Blessing (+1 to perception and Prof (sailor) and may reroll prof (sailor) once per week, taking better roll)
Prehensile Whip (Can use a whip like a rope w/ grappling hook)

Currency: 17 gp, 9 sp, 7 cp

Equipment:
Rapier: Dam: 1D6, Crit: 18-20 x2, Weight: 2 lbs, Cost: 20 gp
Dagger: Dam: 1d4, Crit: 19, 20 x2, Weight: 1 lbs, Cost: 2 gp
Whip, Bull: Dam: 1d3 (NL), Crit: x2, Weight: 2 lbs, Cost: 1gp
Studded Leather: AC: +3, Max Dex: +5, Skill Pen: -1, SF: 15%, Weight: 20 lbs
Weapon/Armor weight: 2 lbs

Backpack, Masterworked): 2 lbs, 50 gp
Blanket, Common(x2): 2 lbs, 4 sp
Clothing, Artisans outfit: 4 lbs, 1 gp
Clothing, Explorers outfit: 8 lbs, 0gp
Flint and steel: Neg, 1 gp
Rations (x7): 3.5 lbs, 35 sp
Hammock: 1sp, 3 lbs
Pommel, Holow: neg, 10 gp
Pouch, belt (x2): 1 lb, 2 gp
String/twine (50 ft): .5 lbs, 1 cp
Tools, Thieves: 1 lbs   30 gp
Waterskin: 4 lbs, 1 gp
Wetstone: 1 lb, 2cp
Backpack weight: 30 lbs
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Callie Del Noire

Looks good. :D

You're going to have fun for all this work you've put in I hope.

Ixy

removed

Blinkin

I'm hoping to have some fun with the character, I did put some effort into it and a part of me wishes that I had stuck with the fighter version... but the rogue looks like he'l be more fun without a lot of loss.

It's more that I haven't looked at the rogue in pathfinder before now and I'm still new to the pathfinder character creation system.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Muse

New Draft! 

Ionnia Tivalt, daughter of Vors Tivalt, graduate of the Arcanamirium

Chaotic Neutral (Good tendencies)
Human (Taldan) Female
Homeland:  Absalom
Wizard (Evoker) 1

Height:  5’3” 
Weight:  125lbs

Strength      12   +1
Dexterity      12   +1
Constitution      12   +1
Intelligence      20   +5
Wisdom      10   +0
Charisma      12   +1

HP   8

Armor Class      11

Base Attack +0
Melee      +1
Missile   +1
CMB      +1
CMD      12

Weapons: 
Dagger
--TAB   +1
--Damage   d4+1
--Range   10’
--Critical   19X2

Masterwork Quarterstaff (arcane bond). 
--TAB   +2
--Damage   d6+1
--Critical   20X2

Class Abilities:
Arcane Bond
Cantrips
Intense Spells
Force Missiles 8/Day
Scribe Scroll
Spellcasting

Feats: 
Cosmopolitan: Bluff and Diplomacy
Fast Learner

Languages: 
--Aquan
--Azlanti
--Common (Taldan)
--Cyclops (Ghol Ghan)
--Draconic
--Elven
--Giant
--Gnome
--Polyglot
--Varisian

Skills: 
Appraise         1 +3 +5   =d20+9
Bluff            1 +3 +1   =d20+5
Craft: Cook         1 +3 +5   =d20+9
Diplomacy         1 +3 +1   =d20+5
Linguistics         1 +3 +5   =d20+9
Knowledge: Arcana   1 +3 +5   =d20+9
Knowledge: History   1 +3 +5 +1   =d20+10
Knowledge: Local      1 +3 +5 +1   =d20+10
Spellcraft         1 +3 +5   =d20+9

Traits: 
Ancient Explorer
You are a student of the ancient history of Golarion, and you've come to the Shackles to explore the crumbling and vine-choked ruins of the cyclops empire of Ghol-Gan, which have lain abandoned among the isles of the Shackles for thousands of years.
You went to a tavern called the Formidably Maid in Port Peril last night to meet a contact who supposedly had an old map of lost cyclops ruins to sell, but the drink was stronger than you had expected and you passed out before making the deal.
Benefit You gain a +1 trait bonus on Knowledge(history) and Knowledge (local) checks, and one of these skills is a class skill for you. In addition, you gain Cyclops or Polyglot as a bonus language.
Focused Mind
Your childhood was either dominated by lessons of some sort (whether musical, academic, or other) or by a horrible home life that encouraged your ability to block out distractions and focus on the immediate task at hand.
Benefit: You gain a +2 trait bonus on concentration checks.

Spellcasting: 
--Barred Schools:  Enchantment, Illusion
--Concentration:  +8

Spells: 
L 1  DC 16
E.  Ear Piercing Scream
1.  Endure Elements
2.  Mage Armor
3.  Unseen Servant

L 0  DC 15
1.  Light
2.  Mending
3.  Prestidigitation

Spellbook: 
--Crafter’s Fortune, *Ear Piercing Scream, Endure Elements, *Floating Disk, Identify, Mage Armor, Touch of the Sea, Unseen Servant,

Coin:   
--Gold 8
--Silver 1
--Copper: 8

Gear: 
--Signature Outfit
--Backpack, Common (2lbs)
--Bag, Waterproof (.5 lbs)
--Bedroll (5lbs)
--Candle X10 (-)
--Candle, Insect Bane X5 (-)
--Case, Scroll (1/2 lbs)
--Chalk X2 (-)
--Cooking Kit (2 lbs)
--Dilettante’s Outfit (8lbs)
--Flint and Steel (-)
--Ink, 8oz vial (-)
--Ink Pen X2 (-)
--Night Tea X30
--Parchment, Sheet X20 (-)
--Perfume, Rare
--Sash, Adventurer’s
--Scholar’s Outfit (6 lbs)
--Shovel (3 lbs)
--Soap X2 (1/2 lbs X2)
--Spell Book (3lbs)
--Spell Component Pouch  (2 lbs)
--String: 50’ Ball (1/2 lbs)
--Sun Rod X3 (1lbs X3)
--Tinder Twig X3
--Waterskin (4 lbs)
--Whistle, Signal

vin26m

Changed skills up a bit (Dropped rank in Sense Motive to put into Profession (Sailor), which is Trained Only)

Added extra language, gear, height, weight.

Full Name       Beriana Brown

Race            Half-Orc

Classes/Level   Monk / 1st   

Favored Class   Barbarian (not monk)

Gender          Male   

Size            Medium   

Age             18 years old   

Alignment       Lawful Neutral   

Languages       Common   

Strength        18 (+4)   

Dexterity       14 (+2)   

Constitution    12 (+1)

Intelligence    12 (+1)

Wisdom          16 (+3)   

Charisma         7 (-2)

Height:         6'6"

Weight:         250 lbs.

Languages:      Common, Orc, Giant

Story:

About 20 years ago, a human bard named Briana Brown was a passenger on a ship carrying valuable cargo.  An orc Free Captain and his crew took the ship, killed all crew and passengers she was carrying aboard, plundered her cargo and sank her.

The last survivor to be brought up to the deck was Briana, a woman of charm and surpassing beauty but showing no sign of fear.  None of the crew wanted to execute her, so lots were drawn and the task fell to the captain.  He set up a plank across the ship, and had her walk along it, which she did with graceful composure.  With tears in her eyes, she made her peace and accepted that she would meet her maker.  The plank tipped and she fell into the sea.

Overcome with sorrow, the orc Free Captain triggered his barbarian rage and dove in after her.  He managed to save her, and the crew pulled them back onto the ship.

The captain kept her as a captive, but eventually the two fell in love and she had a child.  The captain named his half-orc son Beriana, a typical female elf name.  He brought his wife and son to land, gave them enough gold to live on, and went back to the ship, never to be heard from or seen again.

Growing up, Beriana was mocked, ridiculed and bullied for his orc features, feminine elven name, and his surname.  He constantly got into trouble for picking fights and acted out through theft.  Unable to control Beriana, his mother sent him to a monk temple, where he learned discipline, self-control, fighting, and avoiding a fight.

He is now on a quest to find his father as well as come to terms with his orc nature.

He has laid with many women as a way of proving his masculinity, usually by protecting them from harm but occasionally by scaring them into submission.  He was pursuing a sexy, flirtatious corsair and experiencing a whirlwind night of booze and romance, but found himself beaten senseless and stuffed in a sack, carried off to who knows where.

Mechanics Breakdown:

Attributes:

25 point buy

STR 18: 16 [Purchase cost of 10] + 2 [Racial]
DEX 14: 14 [Purchase cost of 5]
CON 12: 12 [Purchase cost of 2]
INT 12: 12 [Purchase cost of 2]
WIS 16: 16 [Purchase cost of 10]
CHA  7:  7 [Purchase cost of -4]

HP 10: 1d8/level [Monk] + [CON]*Level + [Favored Class]*Level = 8+1+0 = 9

AC: 10 [Base] + 2 [DEX] + 3 [WIS] = 14

CMD:

Saves:

Fortitude 3: 2 [Monk] + 1 [CON] = 3
Reflex    4: 2 [Monk] + 2 [DEX] = 4
Will      5: 2 [Monk] + 3 [WIS] = 5

Initiative 2: 2 [Dex]

Combat Bonus:

# of skill ranks per level = 5: 4 [Monk] +1 [INT]

Skill ranks 5: 4 [Monk] + 1 [INT]

Acrobatics +6          : 1 [Ranks] +3 [Class Skill] +2 [DEX]
Intimidate +9          : 1 [Ranks] +3 [Class Skill] -2 [CHA] +4 [Feat, STR] +2 [Racial] +1 [Trait]
Perception +7          : 1 [Ranks] +3 [Class Skill] +3 [WIS]
Profession (Sailor) +8 : 1 [Ranks] +3 [Class Skill] +3 [WIS] +1 [Trait]
Sleight of Hand +7     : 1 [Ranks] +3 [Class Skill, Trait] +2 [DEX] +1 [Trait]

Feats:

Intimidating Prowess [Level 1] (Add Strength modifier to Intimidate skill checks in addition to your Charisma modifier.)

Class Features:

AC Bonus

Bonus Feat: Improved Grapple (You do not provoke an attack of opportunity when performing a grapply combat manuever.  In addition, you receive a +2 bonus on checks made to grapple a foe.  You also receive a +2 bonus to your Combat Manuever Defense whenever an opponent tries to grapple you.)

Flurry of Blows

Stunning Fist

Unarmed Strike

Traits:

Buccaneers' Blood [+1 trait bonus on Intimidate and Profession (Sailor).  From Skull and Shackles Campaign Traits.]

Child of the Streets [+1 trait bonus on Sleight of Hand checks, and Sleight of Hand is always a class skill.  From Basic Traits: Social Traits.]

Weapons:
Shuriken (10),       2 gp,  1   lb
Kama,                2 gp,  2   lbs
Nunchaku,            2 gp,  2   lbs
Sai,                 1 gp,  1   lb
Siangham,            3 gp,  1   lb
Quarterstaff,           -,  4   lbs

Gear:
Backpack,            2 gp,  2   lbs
Caltrops,            1 gp,  2   lbs
Explorer's Outfit,  10 gp,  8   lbs
Flint & Steel,       1 gp,  -
Grappling Hook,      1 gp,  4   lbs
Monk's Outfit x 2,  10 gp,  4   lbs
Pouch, belt,         1 gp,  0.5 lb
Rations (5 days),  2.5 gp,  5   lbs
Rope, Hemp, (50 ft), 1 gp, 10   lbs
Tindertwig,          1 gp,  -
Waterskin,           1 gp,  4   lb

Bedroll,             1 sp,  5   lbs
Chalk (10),          1 sp,  -
Hammer,              5 sp,  2   lbs
Piton (5),           5 sp,  2.5 lbs
Sack                 1 sp,  0.5 lb
Soap (1 lb),         5 sp,  1   lb
Torches (10),        1 sp, 10   lbs

Whetstone,           2 cp, 1 lb

Tankard,             ? gp, ? lb.

(43.42 gp, 71.5 lbs, for both weapons and gear)

(60 gp - 43.42 gp = 16.58 gp = 16 gp, 5 sp, 8 cp)

Katina Tarask

Any objection to a Kitsune Druid?  (Also, mind nixing that pesky 'same sex' clause on Change Shape?)

Callie Del Noire

DrOp your character in for consideration. If I may, way the request about the same sex bit?

Callie Del Noire

Man.. who thought it would be hard to pull in one last player? :(

Blinkin

It's always hard to get that last player. It's part of the whole Murphy's Law thing.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Callie Del Noire

We got THREE people want to play some flavor of healer.. but I can't decide till I see the PCs!!!

<goes for a frosty>

Callie Del Noire

<looks into the hole all the potential healers fell into.>

"Funny.. didn't see that before."

NinjaWeazel

Pardon me while I slowly climb out of that pit.  (thinking Undine Shark Shaman Druid.)  Just... gonna need some time to familiarize myself with the rules, as it were, and actually put things on paper.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: NinjaWeazel on July 14, 2012, 10:53:19 AM
Pardon me while I slowly climb out of that pit.  (thinking Undine Shark Shaman Druid.)  Just... gonna need some time to familiarize myself with the rules, as it were, and actually put things on paper.

Man..that character BITEs.. no really he/she can really BITE! Nomnomnom.. :D

Or do you prefer the Jaws Theme?

That doesn't mean you won't have competition. Innocence hasn't responded.. but the other 3 folks are just mulling over ideas.. so guys don't think first come means first served. :D

So, everyone interested..take your time if you must and think things through.. I'm not going to start the game till at LEAST 6 PM EST sunday. (There are including this last comment.. 4 folks interested who have sent me PMs in the last 18 hours.. ) So I want to give the players time think things through.

Just.. watch out for the Levithan in the pit there...

NinjaWeazel

ohoho I see what you did there!  ... Now to figure out the best way to pick up some nasty claw-type melee weapons and not suck with them.

Blinkin

"Aye Sar, tis one o' dem warlpools me grate, grate granpap tells me 'boat seein' with his own eyes, he did tells me.""
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Ixy

HI!, sorry, just happens that some of us take a little longer to make characters.  JEEZ, PEOPLE!  That's why (apparently) I'm not allowed to play any other role but healer-- but unlike every "taken" role, we have to compete for it.

apostateCourier

Quote from: Ixy on July 14, 2012, 11:47:57 AM
HI!, sorry, just happens that some of us take a little longer to make characters.  JEEZ, PEOPLE!  That's why (apparently) I'm not allowed to play any other role but healer-- but unlike every "taken" role, we have to compete for it.
Sorry! =(  I know what you mean, it just so happens that I've been waiting to play Pathfinder for a long time <_<;; I've got about 14 characters written up and ready-to-go in case I die >_>

Ixy

Quote from: apostateCourier on July 14, 2012, 11:48:58 AM
Sorry! =(  I know what you mean, it just so happens that I've been waiting to play Pathfinder for a long time <_<;; I've got about 14 characters written up and ready-to-go in case I die >_>
Haha-- me too.  Just not healers.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Ixy on July 14, 2012, 11:47:57 AM

I'm NEVER allowed to play anything but Healers in Pathfinder Society Games. I always wind up having to play the healer type. Doesn't matter.. walk ins get to play rogues/ninjas/fighters..but I can't play my damn Musket Master.

Yup.. guys are allowed to play halfling monks with 7 int/cha (who think they are monkeys) but I HAVE to play my cleric.

Ixy

I'm just griping, no hard feelings.  Clerics are just... fuck... they're HARD to make, I think.  There's just so many damn options.  Some people love it, because they like the freedom and all... and I can see that, to some extent.  It's just hard to say, "hey, sure, I'll be the one who keeps everybody else alive while they do the fun stuff".  I really, really loved the look of this campaign, and got really excited about a bunch of characters-- I just made the Elliquiy Fool's mistake by not skipping work to make characters ;)

Blinkin

Hey... if you don't want to play a cleric, then don't play a cleric.

I can't tell you how many campaigns that I've played in where there were 2 or 3 roues, and as many wizards. There's no such thing as too many fighters and if you want to play something else, then put it out there. Clerics are nice to have and I've played my fair share of them, but a party can survive without one if the GM makes allowances for the fact.

Just my thoughts...
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Blinkin on July 14, 2012, 12:22:37 PM
Hey... if you don't want to play a cleric, then don't play a cleric.

I can't tell you how many campaigns that I've played in where there were 2 or 3 roues, and as many wizards. There's no such thing as too many fighters and if you want to play something else, then put it out there. Clerics are nice to have and I've played my fair share of them, but a party can survive without one if the GM makes allowances for the fact.

Just my thoughts...

You haven't seen some of the guys that show up at the Pathfinder society games at the local store. You get three guys who show up and ALL insist on playing types that aren't condusize to groups.. or work like they were playing a normal game and ignore our goals (slitting a guys throat in a bar while we're on a mission to keep the Pathfinders from looking like a bunch of psychos). There are a few getting better but a good bunch of them aren't moving past the 'we have to kill everything to win teh xps.' or the 'I say I'm good so I can play though I'm really evil'.

Isengrad

Ixy, The Witch with the Sea-witch theme might be a good healer, Thematically it fits very well and though it is an arcane caster it does have access to cure spells. You dont have the spontaneous casting of heal spells that clerics have but it looks like it can still be very effective if you wanted to look at that.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Isengrad on July 14, 2012, 01:21:47 PM
Ixy, The Witch with the Sea-witch theme might be a good healer, Thematically it fits very well and though it is an arcane caster it does have access to cure spells. You dont have the spontaneous casting of heal spells that clerics have but it looks like it can still be very effective if you wanted to look at that.

The witch and bard can heal, but like Isen points out the sea witch can also hex heal (though the hex heal is limited to each player 1 day if I recall).

Isengrad

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on July 14, 2012, 01:26:31 PM
The witch and bard can heal, but like Isen points out the sea witch can also hex heal (though the hex heal is limited to each player 1 day if I recall).
Actually, a single person can only be healed by the hex once every 24 hours. But it looks like she can use that hex an unlimited number of times. Say she heals jacob with it, he would not be able to benefit from it again until 24 hours have passed, but she can heal the rest of the party or the whole crew without expending a spell for the day.

Blinkin

I've been table-top playing for more than 25 years, the hack and slash/Kill it! crowd has always been around and they are always appearing in games. It's not limited to Pathfinder, or even fantasy. While most of them are younger, I had one just last year in a group who was 45 years old and you couldn't talk to anyone before he chopped it down. We finally started drugging his character so we could talk to NPC's and learn stuff the easy way. *grins*

long story short, there will always be hack/slash, "kill it!", and power players who really don't worry very much about group dynamics and all you can really do is try to work with them or forbid them from joining. Playing something that you don't want to play doesn't mean that it's going to be against the group dynamics or counter to the group goals. If you're forced into playing a role that you don't want to play, you're taing out the most important reason for playing; enjoying it.

The one question that I absolutely hate to hear when someone joins a group is, "What do you need?" It should be more like, "How can I fit my concept for a character in?"
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Katina Tarask

I'm competing with Ixy?  Boo!  *Would love another chance to play with her.*

Anyways, I find the whole, "The party must have a healer," thing terribly overrated.  Worst case, a little extra down time covers it.  Healing's a between-encounters thing anyways.
Quote from: Callie Del Noire on July 14, 2012, 01:26:31 PM
At level 1, six CLWs trumps two spell slots anyways.

Isengrad

And really, at level 1 if anyone in the party needs more then one heal during the day we are doing it wrong :P

edit : Upon closer inspection of the Sea witch archetype on the SRD a witch loses their 1st level hex for sea creature empathy...so archtype may not be the thing to do unless you spend a feat to get the Extra hex feat.

Ixy

Quote from: Katina Tarask on July 14, 2012, 02:03:08 PM

Anyways, I find the whole, "The party must have a healer," thing terribly overrated.  Worst case, a little extra down time covers it.  Healing's a between-encounters thing anyways.At level 1, six CLWs trumps two spell slots anyways.

Hy Katina-- boo indeed.  I miss ya. 
We can link characters..?  Might make it more enticing to keep us both.  Plus, you're far better at the mechanics than I am.

Katina Tarask

I'd love to, but there is still the small matter of there only being one slot left.

*Looks at the GM.*

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Katina Tarask on July 14, 2012, 02:40:20 PM
I'd love to, but there is still the small matter of there only being one slot left.

*Looks at the GM.*

Uh.  Well you can't go below a 7 in an attribute in point buy? 
Bolts for cover.

Katina Tarask

Yes you can.  Racial penalties and age penalties.  It's possible to play a character with a starting strength of 1.

apostateCourier

Quote from: Katina Tarask on July 14, 2012, 02:03:08 PM

Anyways, I find the whole, "The party must have a healer," thing terribly overrated.  Worst case, a little extra down time covers it.  Healing's a between-encounters thing anyways.At level 1, six CLWs trumps two spell slots anyways.

Plus, when we get a couple levels under our belts, "BYOH" (bring your own healing) is an apt mentality.  Either UMD some cure wands (what I'll be doing if all goes to plan) or buy a bunch of potions when you get a chance =P

Muse

Quote from: Isengrad on July 14, 2012, 01:29:50 PM
Actually, a single person can only be healed by the hex once every 24 hours. But it looks like she can use that hex an unlimited number of times. Say she heals jacob with it, he would not be able to benefit from it again until 24 hours have passed, but she can heal the rest of the party or the whole crew without expending a spell for the day.

Isengaurd is correct.  Most hexes work that way.  :) 

May I suggest the Hedge Witch substitution?  They give up two hexes, but can spontaneously heal.  If she uses her feats for Extra hex, she can start with goodies like Cauldron and Healing. 

Callie Del Noire

I MIGHT go as high as seven players but it would depend on the mix. Some parts of the Adventures path have been called killer

Callie Del Noire

I have to admit the more I read/see of witches the more effective they seem. They can be REALLY nasty in a fight.. my Pathfinder Society Game had a 2nd level one that was evil eyeing/misfortuning/cackling the foes.

Ixy

Here's what I came up with:
Odhiel, Half-Orc Druid

Edited out the gillman witch.  Thanks for the opportunity, hope this one's accepted.

Katina Tarask

Gasp!  How dare thine healer have a strength stat?  What are you, trying to actually do things besides patching Figh Tor's wounds?  For shame!

Ixy

nay, nay!  she hath but one strength stat, and I shall guarantee to use it poorly, i avow!

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Ixy on July 14, 2012, 09:19:32 PM
nay, nay!  she hath but one strength stat, and I shall guarantee to use it poorly, i avow!

Yeah.. till she gets wild shape and gets her own theme music! (da da da da ....) OM NOM OM NOM.... <insert bloody spot>

Callie Del Noire

Thank you everyone for their patience with me. Particularly Katina and Ixy.

Players should move to the OOC for comments/questions/yelling at the DM.

Game Threads:
Character Thread
Skull & Shackles: OOC
Skull & Shackles: Book 1