News:

Main Menu

Alice: Madness Returns

Started by Host of Seraphim, July 29, 2010, 03:34:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Host of Seraphim

http://www.ea.com/alice/videos/teaser

American McGee's Alice is one of my favorite games ever... probably my all-time favorite. It's what got me into video games, really. I first played it four years ago, but it's been around much longer than that (2001?).

The Disney animated version of Alice in Wonderland was one of my favorites as a little kid, and I read the books by Carroll countless times when I was a pre-teen. So it's only natural that I loved a video game based off the story as well-- the fact that it's much darker and gorier only makes it better!

So I'm super excited for this sequel. I don't know if I'll even be able to play it when it comes out (I only have a PS2, and I don't know if my new PC will be able to handle it), but just the fact that there's gonna be a sequel makes me very, very happy.

Anyone else excited? Also, how f'ed up is that trailer?  :o  ;D ;D ;D
Tentatively trying to get back into RPing...

:: O/O :: A/A (updated 3/2 -- please read) ::

Treble

*Stares at the trailer in shock* ... o_O I don't even know what to say! LOL! That looks so awesome! I've always been an Alice fan. Read the books when I was ten, and have been hooked ever since. I loved the Disney movie, and absolutely loved the 2010 version! I can't wait for the new game!

I have a tattoo on my back of the Cheshire cat. It's a mix between the cartoon cat, and the American McGee's version. =)

Host of Seraphim

Yay, another Alice fan! I haven't seen the 2010 version because I'm a bit wary of Burton. I think I'll check it out eventually, though.

Your tattoo sounds cool! My friend knew a guy who had a tat of the McGee Cheshire Cat that covered his entire back. That would be kind of scary. :D

Jocelyn Isnt Here

Oh mann I remember when this game came out (the first one) it was so amazing. I have it on my computer now. Back then when I had it it scared me at night because I was younger, but I had beat it like twice. I heard this one was coming out and I beat the first version again for fun. I can't wait until i get this one.
"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."

Host of Seraphim

I've beat the first one like six times! The parts that always scared me were (spoilers!) the part when the giant fish comes out of the water and eats you, the part in the Mad Hatter's place where the robots would smash through the glass, those damn banshee things that would fly around and shriek, the phantasmagorias that were basically shrieking banshee things except ALMOST INVISIBLE... pretty much everything. Oh, and the last boss battle. D:

If my computer can't handle the game, I'm so gonna steal my boyfriend's PS3 and play it. Muahahaha!

Jocelyn Isnt Here

WAIT! I didn't know they were bringing the game to consoles.. REALLY?
"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."

Host of Seraphim

*nod* Yep-- it'll be for the PC, PS3, and 360.

Jocelyn Isnt Here

Thanks for letting me know xD now I'm really excited for it to come out. This makes me wonder if they'll do something for people to play online with each other since the technology is much different since the last game came out.

kinetika

A friend of mine told me about the first one, but I never really took the time to play it, not because I wasn't interested but I just could never find it. Seeing the trailer for that new one really makes me want to try this series out, though.
Fuck virtue. Screw purity. I am vice. I define evil. I breathe... sin. I'll make you desire me--unless you're a prude--because I'm a whore; a damn good whore. Yum!