The Crossroads (Interest Check and Character Thread)

Started by Ex68471, June 13, 2010, 03:29:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ex68471

I've been kicking this idea around my head for awhile.

QuoteThe group slowly got to their feet as a voice boomed out.

"Welcome to all. Heroes and villains, lawmen and rogues, civilians and soldiers. I bid welcome to you all. I apologize for the disorientation you may be feeling right now, trans-dimensional travel will do that. Try to avoid throwing up on each other."

A lone figure began to materialize before the assemblage.

"You may be wondering why I have pulled you all from your homes to this wasteland." The figure gestured to the desolate area around them. "The answer is as complicated as the question is simple. But I'll dumb it down for the benefit of the slower members of our team." The figure appeared to be a teenaged male. He began pacing back and forth. "You are all from different dimensions. The reason you are here is simply this; your worlds are in danger. Every last one of them."

The figure finally appeared in its entirety; it was a teenage boy, maybe 17 years old, with a shock of spiky blonde hair and wearing a black leather duster over a pair of black jeans, a white sleeveless shirt, and combat boots.

He drew himself up to his full height before the assembled persons that he just pulled through the dimensions. "I have called you here to give you a chance to fight for the survival of the dimensions. Suffice it to say for now that a group discovered a way to communicate and are trying to destroy the dimensions. I do not know why, all I know is that they have succeeded in utterly annihilating three universes so far. And every last thing in them."

He glared at the men and women before him. "This will likely be one of the most difficult things any of you will ever do. You will fight familar enemies, and if we're unlucky, even more familiar friends. I will give each and every one of you a chance to say no and go home."

He spread his arms, indicating the expanse around them. "My name is Tyler Sanngerd. And I welcome you all to the space between all dimensions, the Crossroads."

All right, so think Kingdom Hearts, except everything is game, not just Disney and Final Fantasy.

Wow... Once I typed that I realized how accurate it really was... O.o

Scary...

Anyways, I've been working on this for a while now, and I think I fanally have some enemy lists and plot lines fleshed out enough that it could be feasible to run it.

Questions/Comments/Suggestions?
Experiments 68469, 68470, and 68472 were perfect successes.
I am Experiment 68471, the catastrophic failure!

My Ons and Offs. Still a work in progress!

Attention: Everybody
I have horribly unreliable Internet. If I am on and suddenly am not, that is the most likely reason. Sorry! :D

Ironwolf85

meh if my other Rps don't pan out I'll sign up
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Question Mark

Never played Kingdom Hearts (urgh), so I don't really get the analogy.  I like the concept though.

SolidSnake

I'll just be Goofy

its easier if we havethe basic kingdom hearts characters then we can play out the story properly

so now we need sora and donald as well

Question Mark

So, what does this have to do with Kingdom Hearts anyway?

GabrielM

You mean like we could be any character from any video game?

Ironwolf85

Kingdom hearts was essencally about saving a multiverse from encroching darkness.
I think we get to play with everything but that centeral theme...
any character, even homebrewed ones
tossed togeather to save all their worlds
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.

LimitlessNikkie

this sounds fun, don't really play video games though so I'd have to create something, any creature restictions?

Question Mark

I really don't think he was implying we play as video game characters...  That seems a bit of a stretch, and also uncreative and restrictive.  o.<

Personally, the implication I got was that we'd all be playing as humans from Earth, just different "alternate dimensions" of Earth of some variety.  Both from different past events (i.e. Hitler won) and different natural laws (i.e. magic exists, gravity is stronger, etc.).

I'm not entirely sure though.  Let's wait for Ex before we jump to conclusions.

Ex68471

I apologize profusely to you all, I seem to have a problem remembering that not everyone can read my mind and understand my ideas. XD

Anyways, by comparing this to Kingdom Hearts, I simply meant that we would be visiting a multitude of worlds and enlisting their help in defeating the big bad.

As to the actual player characters, I didn't mean a multiverse type of thing. I meant that you could pull from literally ANYTHING to make a character. Any book, any movie, any TV show, any anime, any manga, any video game, any collectible game, ANYTHING.

Now, I will accept wither canon or non-canon characters, but they must be from a defined "universe". That means, for example, no generic mech pilots. Use a "universe" as a sort of template, either say he's a Gundam pilot, or a Gunmen pilot from Gurren Lagann, or even a Mechwarrior mech pilot.

Now as to me accepting any canon characters, I would vastly prefer to keep the number of these down, mainly because then you have to tell me from when in the series you are pulling them from, and if I have never heard about the series, then it's a little difficult for me to keep up, if that makes any sense.

But generally, you can pretty much go wild. If I get enough interest generated for this, then I will create a character thread and maybe make a list of "universes" I definitely want to see characters from.

Any questions or comments now that I have cleared up the confusion a little? XD

I have horribly unreliable Internet. If I am on and suddenly am not, that is the most likely reason. Sorry! :D

Ironwolf85

I think I'll play a hound Archon from Mt. celestra in D&D

Ex68471

I have no clue what that is... :D

Haha. Anyways, this is still an interest check. I'll throw up a character thread once a get about five or so people saying they'd want to play.

Question Mark

Pandamonium

I'm down for it too, although I suppose I must say I'm semi new to RPing. I may not be as good as a lot of people.
I'm still interested and I'd like to participate if you don't mind having someone new tagging along.

CountessJess

If this is still on, I don't mind going for this too.

Ex68471

All right, the character thread should be up in a couple of days. Then the fun begins. XD

Pandamonium

Cool. *sits in anticipation for character thread*  8-)

elementx

Would alright if I could join in?

Ex68471

All right, well... Let's just put our characters in here. :D

Basic Template:

Name: What can we call you?

Appearance: Image okay, paragraph okay. :-)

Age: Are you legal yet? o3o Appeared age and actual age requested if they don't look their age.

Species: What are you?

Alignment: Are you a good guy or a bad guy?

Home: What universe are you from? Series name preferred here.

Canon or Non-Canon: Are you a homebrew or a precreated character?

History: What is your background?

Personality: How do you act?

Weapons and Armor: What do you use to attack and defend yourself with?

Abilities and Spells: Any natural abilities or magicks? Also include any given by items.

Other items: What do you have with you? List items that may give abilites or magicks here.

Anything else that needs mentioning: In case I forgot something... XD

For example, here's my character, Tyler, mentioned in the preview.

Name: Tyler Sanngerd

Appearance: A fraction shy of 6' even, about 180 pounds without equipment, about 900 with equipment, but he doesn't feel the weight of his equipment(Oh the wonders of magic...), blonde, spiky, mid-length hair, bright green eyes, usually wears black jeans, a white sleeveless shirt, black leather combat boots, a black leather duster, and a katana strapped to his back.

Age: Appears to be about 17, actual age unknown, even to him.

Species: Enhanced Human

Alignment: Good

Home: None

Canon or Non-Canon: Non-Canon

History: Tyler's parents were of a special multi-dimensional race known as the Walkers. They had the ability to transport themselves into the space between worlds known as the Crossroads, usually with the help of artifacts, and, from there, into other worlds. They used this ability to essentially police the entire multiverse, as the Walkers are not the only ones with the ability to travel the worlds. Tyler was concieved and born in the Crossroads, and was the first being to even have been. Being born in the Crossrads seems to have given Tyler gifts above and beyond even the most powerful natural Walkers, being able to open the holes between worlds with just a moment's concentration, and several other powers that developed over time. Being in the Crossroads affected his growth, now nobody knows exactly how old he is. Eventually, one of the Walkers named Pryson lost his sanity. In his insanity, he abducted the other Walkers and absconded to a world of his own creation. When Tyler attempted to follow, he was stopped by an army, and stopped forcibly. Badly beaten, he retreated to the Crossroads to nurse his wounds. He then began a long quest, visiting many worlds, and his last stop was to a certain blind prophet. "Call forth aid and they shall help you," he was told. "I should call the heroes to my aid?" "No. With naught but heroes, you shall fail." "Who then?" "Call them, all of them, and you shall prevail." And so Tyler returned to the Crossroads once more, to assemble his army for the siege.

Personality: Tyler is very intense in his feelings about the Walkers. He considers them to be his family, and will stop at nothing to get them all back in one piece. He no longer considers Pryson a Walker, and has sworn vengeance upon him. He is fairly outgoing, and sometimes seems a bit odd, due to him having a mind that is much older than what his body looks.

Weapons and Armor: For Tyler, the only weapon needed is the Vorpal Blade, the katana he carries on his back. For a normal Walker, it is used to tear holes between worlds. For Tyler, who can do it naturally, this is what gives him the focus to tear a hole through multiple worlds at once and call the heroes and villains to his side to fight. It can also be used as a very effective weapon when wielded by Tyler, for he can open holes between worlds directly without even using the Crossroads when swinging it. The only problem is, when bypassing the Crossroads like this, he can only send one normal-human-sized person through at a time, then has to open a new portal. His other weapon/armor is his leather duster. It has multiple enchantments upon it that make it mostly indestructible and unpiercable, and completely unliftable to anyone except Tyler except in times of great need. It is also semi-sentient, closing around Tyler like battle armor when it senses danger.

Abilities and Spells: Tyler can copy any one person's abilities and magicks as long as he maintains skin on skin contact with them. He is generally faster and stronger than normal humans, can fly moderate distances, heals exceptionally fast, and can absorb any kind of energy, then expel it as any type of energy. There is a limit to the energy he can contain, however, and he has never tried to push this boundary once he begins to feel it.

Other items: None

Anything else that needs mentioning: Can't think of anything.

LimitlessNikkie

I'm kinda unsure on the whole multi universe thing so if this need changed in any way just let me know.

Name: Ash

Appearance:

Species: Demoness

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Home: hell

Canon or Non-Canon: Non-Canon

History: Born in hell you'd assume Ash would be evil in fact she's far from it, though it'd be a mistake to call her good. She grew up learning to kill, both with weapons and words and because of her competitive nature and unique gift excelled at it but while it was thrilling to use her skills and prove to be better then other it became a bit repetitive. Ash went looking for new thrills and in leaving hell for earth she started to change. She thrilled to new people and found a love of life that would have been seen as weakness in hell.

Personality: She is a contrast, she can be playful and fun unable to sit still and impulsive one minute and the next calm focused and deadly serious it all depends n where she is and who she's with. Most of the time she's happy and light, playful, bubbly and uncomplicated. She messes with people because it serves her too but she finds no pleasure in doing so. She is competitive and has a temper that she has trouble controlling.

Weapons and Armor: Daggers, and the finger claw thing featured in the pic(can't remember what they're called)

Abilities and Spells: Extream speed, she can move somewhere around the speed of sound but it's highly draining. She feeds on strong emotions(i.e. fear, anger, lust) and so tries to stir up those emotions when it serves her too. She's slightly intuitive and follows her instincts without question.

Other items: Twin daggers that carry a poisonous attribute.

Anything else that needs mentioning: Nope

Question Mark

Name: Haddren Stone

Appearance: Coming soon, to a forum post near you.  For now, settle for this: tall, muscular, and broad shouldered, with a stony, pockmarked face and dim blue eyes.  His hair is short, brown, and streaked with gray.  He has grey stubble.

Species: Human

Alignment: Lawful Good

Canon?: Yes

Home: Goldshire, Kingdom of Stormwind (Warcraft)

History: Due to the peculiar nature of a multiverse RP, I'm going to severely abbreviate this bio, since most of you probably aren't familiar with Warcraft lore, and so wouldn't understand most of the events or places.  :P

In short, Haddren was born in a peaceful life, and in his teenage years, began to train as a priest of the Light.  After the orc invasion destroyed his nation of Stormwind, he fled with the rest of the survivors, eventually combining his skill with the Light with martial fighting abilities, and becoming one of the cofounders of the paladin order.  Paladins use heavy armor, melee combat, strong discipline, and the Light in combat, combining devastatingly strong attacks with healing abilities.  He and his fellow paladins, along with the armies from other human nations and the original survivors, eventually reclaimed Stormwind.

Haddren then hung up his sword and shield to help rebuild his nation and return to being a normal priest.  He settled down and married a childhood friend, and fathered three children.  Currently, only his youngest son is still alive, the others dying of illness or violence.

Now, almost twenty five years later, nearby wars have called him back to the field of battle.

Personality: Haddren can best be described as harsh.  He's seen a lot in his life: some good, some bad.  He's a bit of a cynic, and takes everything with a grain of salt.  He feels emotions, and has a streak of compassion and empathy essential to any paladin, but prefers to keep a stony, weathered exterior.  He's not one to make small talk, or to waste time or energy.  Haddren enjoys many of the simple pleasures of life, and prefers utility and directness over extravagance and excess.  He'll never waste time beating around a bush, and will absolutely not stand for delays, distractions, or dodged questions.  He judges others easily, often forming opinions and stereotypes.  He sees any and all forms of "dark", "shadow", "fel", "necromantic", etc. magic and persuasion as evil, and, being a paladin, will often try to purge it.  Haddren also places a high value on ceremonies, traditions, and classical notions such as honor, chivalry, and purity, though he has few himself.

Weapons and Armor: His weaponry consists of a simple but solidly crafted longsword, along with a broad square shield, inscribed with holy runes.  His armor is plate, lined underneath with leather and cloth.  His boots are leather with plate soles.  He doesn't wear a helmet, but he does use temple protectors mounted on pauldrons.

Abilities and Spells: Haddren is a paladin, and so uses the Light (if you're not familiar with Warcraft lore, the Light is a symbiotic connection between a person and the essence of the universe that is used by having faith in yourself, your existence, and your purpose.  For lack of a better explanation, consider it Holy power).  He can use the Light to heal or burn you, depending on the circumstances and who you are.  He doesn't possess any magical aptitude, but he is a man of great conviction and faith, making him a formidable wielder.  Beyond that, his armor is enchanted with standard spells to reduce the weight and increase its strength.  Not being a mage himself, these enchantments need to be recharged regularly.

Other items: TBC

Anything else that needs mentioning: TBC

Ex68471

That... is possibly the most interesting first two character sheet combinations I think I've ever seen... :D

A demoness and a paladin... This is gonna be great. o3o

Both look all right, except I'm gonna ask both of you to review what I added after I initially wrote the sheet, namely the Alignment (Sorry Nikkie) and the Canon or Non-Canon (Sorry both of you) fields and add them in.

Apologies to you both, but I always forget something in the initial draft of these things...

Ravyn

I'm interested in this but how often would we be posting?
Ons and Offs

We are caged by our cultural programming. Culture is a mass hallucination, and when you step outside the mass hallucination you see it for what it's worth.
-Terence McKenna

Ex68471

With the way my internet goes, it'd probably be whenever you can.

Ironwolf85

hmmmm... I've been thinking of a way to play a character that would fit yet still be erotic.
I got tired of playing the dark brooding types.
the idea I had recently that I liked, a demi-deity of valor and healing, however... he's effiminate, and soft.
with these kingdom hearts refrences I keep hearing, maybe someone a bit cartoonish...