Exalted: Kawaii edition.

Started by Ajoxer, May 02, 2008, 11:16:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ajoxer

Recently, I've discovered the Exalted: Kawaii edition. As I'm one week from being FINISHED, BLESSEDLY FINISHED with Finals, I intend to make another long overdue at not being a horrible failure at GMing!

My intention is as such: An Exalted Kawaii game, using the flavor and setting of Kawaii, with the rules and such of 2e. http://exalted.xi.co.nz/wiki/wiki.pl?TheKawaiiEdition for the flavor.

The gist of it is, the entire thing has been given a much more Anime-esque style. Motes have been replaced with pure damn Moe. Charms are named such because they involve charming the entire universe into agreeing with you because you're so damn cute. The Bishounen, Solar stand-ins, were the leaders of the Harem age, until their lust for greater Harems drove the Helping-Goddesses to push the Magical Girls into revolt against them. The Bishounen and their Catgirl mates fought valiantly, but they were defeated. Cut some two millenium later, and the Neo-Scarlet Empress has disappeared. The Nevercutes created their Lords of Cute Angst, who perverted Bishounen essences into the Gothic Lolitas.

I'm interested in putting together a game of Magical Girls. As you might guess, it's pretty much female only, so barring a good argument or being someone who I know pretty damn well, that's something to keep in mind. I'm looking for about 4-5 players, something in that region. Post in here if you've got something in mind, or you wish to discuss the idea, I'm still open to any strong preferences as to location and general theme.
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

Ajoxer

The initial idea I'm having for how to make the game go would be to have this small group sent out to search for the Scarlet Empress for various reasons, most likely because they pissed somebody off horribly. Fun and excitement in the North, South, East, or West, depending on what we feel like, though I'm leaning towards South and East particularly, because who doesn't love belly-dancers? Starting level characters, Magical Girls for the most part. Game will lean towards the goofy but kinky. It's unlikely that there will be any tragic sad scenes unless it involves Gothic Lolitas, and even then, it will be played for melodramatic laughs.
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

MadPanda

Much as I'm pretty much Exalted-out right now (without a LOT of shepherding, as Muse can tell you) this looks just too much fun to pass up!

Hmmm.  Holy Thief aligned with the Houris, I think.  Lingerie appropriation for fun and cheap yuri scenes...
Voluptas ailuri fulgentis decretum est!
Omnis nimis, temperantia ob coenobitae.
(Jes, tiuj frazoj estas malĝustaj. Pandoj fakte ne komprenas la latinan!)

One on Ones Suggestion Box
Group Game Suggestion Box
Pandariffic Ons and Otherwise
In Memory of Bishrook

GrinningHound

I would really like to play in this.

Problem, though.  I know NOTHING of the Exalted game.  I pick up rules and such rather quickly, I play other system games.

If that's cool, I think I could do with a list of available character types or classes, and I'll pick one, and if it's not too much trouble, just put the crunchy bits together for me?  If someone helps tell me what to roll and stuff in game, I'm sure to pick it up in no time.

Barring that, I might be able to get a pdf of the exalted book.

Muse

Excuse me, Grinning Hound.  I'm on all night and most of tomorow.  My MSN and Yahoo contact information is on my charecter info.  Drop me a line and I'll help you out. 

I would also like to check this out, though the Kawaii Edition inforation is stuff I need to read up on myself. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Ajoxer

This'll be my first time GMing with 2e rules, as I recall, so it'll be... INTERESTING. Hahahahahah!

CirclMastr

I am heavily intrigued, but I must confess I'm no good playing across genders.  Is there any chance I can join the game as a Bishounen?
Ons & offs - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=8373.0
Statistics are like a bikini; what they reveal is significant, but what they conceal is even more important.

Ajoxer

Hmmm. I'd rather keep the power level fairly level at the moment, however, I might consider allowing for a Heroic Mortal, if you're willing. Besides, the survival rate for a heroic mortal around a group of Magical Girls is likely to be somewhat better than that of a Bishounen.

And hey, every Pink Bishoujo Ghetto needs its token dude.

CirclMastr

Hmm.... eh, sure, why not.  Though the Magical Girls will have to keep me alive or I'll have a lifespan of about three seconds once combat starts.
Statistics are like a bikini; what they reveal is significant, but what they conceal is even more important.

Ajoxer

Oadenol's Codex, I believe, has a good source of thaumaturgy. If the others are kind enough to give you a monopoly on that, well, it oughta be enough to at least make you fairly useful. Some sorcerory can be important, after all. Now, do we prefer to keep the castes and such for Kawaii Edition, or for the original game? I'm inclined towards the latter, personally.

Ajoxer

Just send me a private message if you want the books besides the core, I've finished uploading 'em.

AstraKiseki

*screeching slide*  I'M INTERESTED.

... I can't believe someone had to tell me this was being played.  >.>  Anyways, yes, I'm interested.  Granted, I'll have to talk to you over AIM about my idea first.  It's a bit weird.

MadPanda

Let's see.

Would lingerie appropriation count as an additional fetish?   :)  "I'm not a pervert.  This is just how I count coup.  Any idiot can beat someone up, but to steal the passion-damp panties of an angry opponent, you gotta have skills."  (holds up Fredericks of Lookshy exclusive embroidered g-string)  "Yours, I believe?"

In Memory of Bishrook

Ajoxer

Sounds like a very worthy Fetish.

Ajoxer

Well, just to let everyone know, the plan is to use 2e Dragon-blooded rules, because I trust them more than those on the web. >_>

MadPanda

I already asked him that.
Got turned down.

...mew of great disappoinme...MOUSE!

In Memory of Bishrook

Ajoxer

*defeats your Head-Biting Technique with his Endoskeleton Prana!* But yeah, I've got some things in mind that are more suitable for Magical Girls than Catgirls.

But don't worry, just because you're playing Magical Girls doesn't mean there won't be some catgirl lovin'.

MadPanda

Mmmmm...explicit catgirl yuri...(drools)

In Memory of Bishrook

Ajoxer

Things I intend to keep from Kawaii

Flavor, History, etcetera, and the Fetishes linked to Moe.

Things I might be convinced to keep if you make a good case and it isn't immediately obviously overpowered, artifacts and some charms.

MadPanda

I hear ya.

Maybe later, yes?  (turns Big Panda Eyes on GM, fails Manipulation check, pouts...)

In Memory of Bishrook

Ajoxer

Thankfully, I'm doing Finals, so my Compassion has been reduced to 0 and my Conviction is at about a 6, so no. Not for all the apple-sauce in gluckenshlaben.

Ajoxer

Anyway, as of now, we have

Magical Girls
Astra
Josh
Madpanda
Muse
Grinning Hound

Heroic Mortals
Circl

For now, unless one of them drops out of the game, that's all we'll be taking on, heh.

Ajoxer

GrinningHound

While magical (and possibly feline) yuri isn't all bad, I'm actually way more into het romance.  (M/F)

Yuri comes off as a little fake to me most of the time.  If I'm playing a female character I'd rather her be involved with a guy. :)

MadPanda

I believe this can be arranged.  There ARE Bishonen out and about, after all.

In Memory of Bishrook

Ajoxer

Thank god, then, for our token guy. See, Circl? You trade power for being the sole reliable source of dick in the party. On Elliquiy, at least, that's a mighty fair trade.

And true, but Bishounen, while cute, tend to have a bit of a persecution complex about you Magical Girls. :-p.

GrinningHound

Well, if he's too much of a man whore, it's likely no deal, for me. :(

(My apostrophe key is suddenly bringing up the find text thingy.  Wierd.  Any ideas how to fix that?)

(Edit:  It's not doing it anymore! ;D)

Ajoxer

Well, just to let you know, the game will most likely be primarily pure yuri, if that's the sort of thing that'll turn you off.

CirclMastr

Wow, I've been preemptively rejected by the only one interested in hetero.  Forget Heroic Mortal, I'm obviously the Unlucky Everydude.

Ajoxer

To be fair, if GH IS the only one interested in hetero, then you're no longer a manwhore.

Quid Pro Quo!

GrinningHound

Hahaha!

Well, let me try to clarify.

I am terribly turned off by anything involving a guy who smooth talks a whole bunch of girls and hooks up with them all, especially if they lie about it.  If they get with other girls but don't lie and try to maintain a relationship with them, that's a different story....

I can play a character who's more 'open', and doesn't want any real relationship.

By the way, Circl, in your On/Off's, one Off is anything involving a male partner.  Do you mean a male character, or a male player.???

Ajoxer

So, you don't mind polygamists, but you don't care for playboys, eh?

That can work.

CirclMastr

Male character.  Male players playing female characters, I have no problem with.  I just can't do it myself.

GrinningHound

I just hate deception, and guys who don't care about anyone else's feelings.

If it's totally understood that they're just hooking up for the night, that's fine.

It also means my girl can fool around, too. :)  I'll probably get in the mood for yuri at some point, and there's bound to be a couple male NPC's.

Or villains that....do stuff to me. ;D

CirclMastr

At this point my character is defined by his frailty/mortality.

Ajoxer

Awww, but I like to shorten names brutally. It's what people have done to me all my life, by god!

But kay then, Jessie. As long as you don't ask for a male companion with blue hair.

MadPanda

(has Cerebus the Aardvark flashback)

"No, no, no!  You must not break the Circ!"

(eeeeevil giggle)

In Memory of Bishrook

Ajoxer

Also, because this is Exalted Kawaii, there is to be no rape, tentacle or otherwise. Cute ravishing and seduction will be the furthest it goes, just for the sake of keeping things cute. :-D

MadPanda

How about spanking?  We can do that, right?  (grins hopefully)

In Memory of Bishrook

AstraKiseki

I'm calling dibs on the Wedding Warrior (Fire Aspect, in mechanical terms).  She is a truth and love sort of person, very bubbly and social and thinks using Moe is cheating against 'normal' people.

She is probably the virginal one who tests her wooing on everyone, but she is painfully modest and doesn't 'do' sex unless convinced.  Granted, she'll push the line pretty damn hard and there's always tying someone up and using toys.  Willing, of course.  It's not cute to force things!

Then again, there's always handsome Bishonen and Gothic Boys that will badly tempt her from her sworn promise to save herself for marriage... ;)

Ajoxer

Spanking's cool. Just nothing that won't fade in about an hour.

And the Wedding Warrior should be good.

GrinningHound

Quote from: Josh*shrugs* even on adult boards, I find that it improves believability a lot if you don't let your character be defined by their sexual orientation.

I'm not defining her like that.  I'm just saying that I prefer het to yuri and will usually play along those lines. :)

Ajoxer

If you're wondering why they screw and breathe, and other philosophical conundrums, then repeat to yourself, it's just a game, I should really just... Erm, not beat up bums.

*coughs.*

MadPanda

(spit-take!)

No!  Not Pikachu Girl-type!

"Pika-pika!  Thumbs!  Fuckin'-ay!"

In Memory of Bishrook

GrinningHound

We can be pokemon trainers in this?  Wooooooo!

For realz though, I'm thinking of a sorceress with a particular fondness for summoning creatures to help her, and then run around waving my arms begging people not to hurt me with big eyes and a pout.  (that's Thaumaturgy in this, I assume?)

"Hurt him Mr. B!"

I still have to read the book, so I don't know just how that would work out, but I plan on focusing as much as I can into magical power, likely being physically pathetic and a total slave to anyone who can get their grubby mitts on me up close. :'(

If I can summon creatures, can I do so by throwing some sort of magical 'ball' that releases the spell? ;D

Ajoxer

Eh...

Unlikely.

*takes out a bat.* The anime influences will not become that great. They will NEVER become that great.

GrinningHound

Hahaha.

Ok, no pokegirl.

But I am planning on a conjuror type character.  Is that doable as a Magical Girl/Dragon Blooded?

Muse

Sorcery of the Terestrial Circle, in the core book. 
Demon of the First Circle. 
Summon Elemental.  (Flame ducks are so kawaii!) 
Emerald Circle Banishement
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

DreadD

Hrm, this is full, eh?  Too bad it looked... Amusing.  I don't suppose I could con any of you into contacting me if one of the other players goes missing? >_>  Though I'll confess I don't know Exalted well, the setting and stuff discussed seems... Most amusing.

Ajoxer

I can safely say that I deeply doubt he'll be tickled pink by that prospect.

And I'm fully aware of Brock City. I KNOW ALL AND SEE ALL. I just don't intend for you to go there, most likely ever.

*coughs.*

And yeah, Sorcerous summoning tends to be a bit more powerful, I believe Circl has some ideas in mind for the character that should keep him viable. You can discuss it with him, but since thaumaturgy is one of the few magics that tend to really work for Mortals, you might want to be kind enough to allow him SOMETHING of a monopoly on it- though, I don't know, he might be interested in having his character teach yours some of what he knows.

CirclMastr

Quote from: Josh the Aspie on May 05, 2008, 03:18:17 AM
I just had a thought for our friend who wants to play a male, and our DM. In some shows guys have turned into magical girls. Would that be a possibility you would both feel comfortable with? Someone born as a guy who acts like one, but then when doing their transformation turns into a girl?

Yeah, I'm gonna pass on that.  I've tried something Ranma-like before (as MadPanda can attest to) and wasn't really comfortable with it.

MadPanda

This is true.  He was a real good sport about it, too...but it just isn't his thing.  (shrug)  So...no Sailor Starlight stuff for Circ.

In Memory of Bishrook

Ajoxer

I've been reading through Oadenol's Codex, and it looks like Circl can cast Terrestrial Sorcery if he shells out for the Essence 3. That might help him to stay effective in combat, though his Essence is still gonna leave him pretty easily used up.
Ahem. Yes.

But Thaumaturgy ought to give him something of an edge. We'll see how he feels about it.

AstraKiseki

How are we handling Crafts?  (Please, for the love of god, don't make it separate...)

GrinningHound

Well, I read throught some of the core book last night, and the Dragon Blooded book.

I still don't know a lot, this system is very complex.

Are there spells that can summon things?  Not Thaumaturgy, but actual sorcery spells?

I still want my character to be a big time sorceror.  Besides, if I have lots of Essence, I can use my spells to actually buff Circl and the others.  (That's what Dragon Blooded do.)

I plan on her having one wicked Elemental Blast.

What ARE resource points?  What do they do?  I'm looking at the Artifact background....

MadPanda

Resources is money, land, what have you...mundane stuff.  Basically, if it has a cost lower than your Resources, you can afford it without a problem.  This is abstract and occasionally silly, but it beats trying to count drachmas every time your character wants to grab a quick meal somewhere.  :)

If you want a normal sword, it costs Resources.  If you want a daiklaive, now, that's an Artifact.  :)

In Memory of Bishrook

AstraKiseki

My Wedding Warrior is named Thousand Cranes Bride.  She is only Moe 2, but most people figure that her Moe 3 fetish will be all of the fucking paper cranes she makes.  She is pretty... strange...  But when you have a girl very, very focused on Truth and Love who can charm the skirts off the Empress, you really don't think about that...

GrinningHound

Hmm....

I really want to be fire based.  I like the wedding warrior attributes and all, save the actual 'wedding' part, not to mention that Astra already is one.

If I pick Wise Witch, can I still be fire based?

Ajoxer

Hmmm. Well, the elements are tied to the characters. I would prefer for this game, to use things in a less complicated way, which means the various Magical Girls won't have quite the same abilities and anima powers, but we'll refer to each of them as the matching element of Magical Girl.

Also, just to let you know, Grinning Hound, it looks like we already have the mortal interested in Sorcery, and Josh might go for it as well- It looks like we might use something besides another sorceror, heh. >_>

Edit: Also, for the Elemental stuff... Well, the abilities of the Dragon-Blooded are pretty focused on their elements. You're free to take charms from any aspect you want, and obviously, you can play any caste however you want. Do you want the abilities of the Wedding Warriors and the personality of the Wise Witch, or...?

GrinningHound

Well, Astra's playing the wedding warrior, and from her description, it looks like she's got a lot of socializing power and charm.

I was thinking of a bouncy, bubbly socialite, kind of ditzy (meaning unobservant, not dumb), who uses enslaved demons to take care of her problems for her.

Beyond that, I'd like to play the smart, eccentric type, who's into wierd things (meaning Sorcery...).  Not too socially gifted, with a bit of a lower appearance.  (She's attractive, but mousey and bookish, not everyone's type.)

I guess Sorcery is out of the question, though...

What about a zany little firebrand?  She's rash and would rather destroy her problems than deal with it slowly and carefully (yaaaawn!).  I have a really cool idea of a witch looking girl riding around on a flying firewand (shotgun) instead of a broom, shouting curses and blowing things up. ;D

She would have a gun fetish, maybe a fire fetish...

Or, if Josh will have destruction covered with his sorcery, I suppose I could do a tank.  (But I ALWAYS play tanks...)

Ajoxer

In FACT, I think there's a couple of things that would play perfectly into what you want there.

Ajoxer

Well, for clarification, ideas I've heard so far

Circl: Sorceror with plenty of Thaumaturgy mixed in.

MadPanda: Thievin' type. Lotsa stealth and larceny, I imagine.

Astra: Charming Socialite.

Muse: Unsure yet.

Grinning Hound: Either Flying Firewand Firebrand or Sorceror socialite.

Josh: Either medicine Or rather, preferably not Medicine, sorry there Jessie, focused martial artist, or thaumaturgical sorceror.

I am confident in my ability to make any of these work.

Because hey, pride never goeth before a fall... Right?

GrinningHound

I plan on having a ridiculous essence score, so I am willing to get some sort of healing as long as I don't have to burn everything to get there....

I don't know how high my medicine will be.  I don't really know all the charms and stuff yet, I've been looking through them but it's hard to memorize them, having never played.

Do I need Thaumaturgy for Sorcery?  As far as I can tell, I can just get Spells to cover anything Thaumaturgy does.

I really only want sorcery for powerful spells.  If you can do better with it, then you should do it.

CirclMastr

It seems like everyone wants to do sorcery, heh.  Maybe I should do something else.

Ajoxer

I am even now attempting to get Circl to play a detective.

If LUELinks means nothing to you, then neither will most of the references that will come up.

Ajoxer

Alternatively... He could use some Thaumaturgical stuff to work as a doctor, providing doping, healing, various things. And behave like Doctor House.

MadPanda

(laughs uproariously)

Does he know the proper fingering for the keyboard part of The Who's Eminence Front, too?

In Memory of Bishrook

GrinningHound

Well, I'm going with a martial arts style that uses Firewands.  It's totally awesome, and I won't be using Sorcery or Thaumaturgy at all.

So, Josh, go for the Sorcery. ;D

Ajoxer

Does anyone have any particular objections to Craft being a single skill, with the different 'sects' being specialties?

I'm trusting you guys not to abuse this, or if you do, explain it as being a part of general Exalted Awesomeness.

Ajoxer

Also, just a note, I have just finished the last day of classes. I have three finals awaiting me over the next three days, and I'll be trying to study for most of them, so my brain may not accept much Exalted information in this time.

AstraKiseki

Just as a note, Wedding Warriors are Fire Aspects.  Thousand Cranes doesn't have the charms, but she DOES have high medicine.

Also, good luck with your finals!

MadPanda

Yes indeed!  Break, as they say, the legs, oui?   ;D ;D ;D

In Memory of Bishrook

GrinningHound

Good luck Ajoxer.  I'm really eager to start, so do well and then come at us with all you got. ;D

I hope you're joking Josh, otherwise that is pretty insulting.

Besides, Tech?  Who's doing tech?  Why do we need to craft food?  What are YOU talking about? ???

My character will not be a very efficient healer, so someone should pick up a couple charms.  Muse, what's your character idea?  Do you have a problem with a support role?

Mine is probably the most combat oriented of us, so far.  I'll be putting a lot into kicking ass with shotguns, Dodge charms, some maneuverability, maybe a spatter of Presence.  A couple Ox Body charms and physical stats good enough to wear some nice armor should keep me up and pumping off rounds.

So, we've got pure offense covered. ;D

Since we're all Dragon Blooded, we should think of what teamwork charms each of us should get so we can cover all the bases.  I'll probably get a charm to grant you guys a Dodge bonus, or something like that.  There's an archery charm that will let me shoot arrows out of the air, so I could protect you guys from range, too.

Besides healing, maybe someone should get a charm that can help us defend against crippling attacks, poison, compulsion, stuff like that?

Muse

I'm sorry I'm goign so slow, I really wish I had more of an idea of what we'd be up too in this campaing.  It would give me some ground work aroudn which to build a charecter. 

MadPanda

Ahhh, you think so?  She probably just channels Belldandy and gets the house and dojo to repair themselves.  It is merely that the presence of everyone's favorite aquatransgendered martial artist and his assorted complications brings the shrapnel faster than she can discreetely repair the place...

;D ;D ;D

In Memory of Bishrook

MadPanda

This is true.  An angry Belldandy is not something to ignore...

In Memory of Bishrook

Ajoxer

Muse: THe main concept for this game is searching for the Scarlet Empress, but for the moment, things are pretty damn fluid.

AstraKiseki

I got bored.  Introducing... Thousand Cranes Bride! (... Via way too much chibis)

CirclMastr

Do want.

Ahem.  Anyway, I'm trying to think of a non-Thaumaturgy route to take, and so far my only idea is some sort of strategist/investigator.

Ajoxer

I'm still telling you. Luke Atmey, Ace Detective!

Also, might I STRONGLY recommend to ANYONE involved to check out Soul Eater, as it is new and absolutely awesome sauce.

GrinningHound

Muse, some sort of healer/party support would be very much appreciated.  Everyone else has their concept in place and none really lend to healing very well.

Of course, that doesn't mean healing is ALL you'll do.

How about a tank character with strong melee skills and big armor.  That way you can still fight guys and do cool moves and stuff, while also defending the weaker ones from getting hit.

After a fight is when you could heal, so you won't be missing out on any action.  I'm sure there are some charms somewhere that will let you intercept melee attacks made against nearby allies.

I would probably be on board to play a 'paladin' type like that if I wasn't already so excited about my Shotgun Witch. ;D

I play those types a lot, I like being everyone's hero, but sometimes I want a change. :)

MadPanda

"How 'bout a change of fashion?"

(holds up GrinningHound's character's boxers)

"Little pink unicorns? Ewwwww..."

(runs away...)

(j/k!   :) :) :) )

In Memory of Bishrook

AstraKiseki

"You even THINK about trying that on me, and I'll cover your breasts with paper cuts."

MadPanda

(pouts cutely)

"But it's what I do!"

(holds up AK's Fredericks of Yu-Shan embroidered satin garter belt...scampers away giggling...)

In Memory of Bishrook

GrinningHound

She doesn't wear boxers!

Here's the Sacred Bodyguard caste Magical Girl.
Element:  Metal(earth)
Caste Power:  5 motes, for a scene, they soak lethal damage with their full soak and add half their stamina to their bashing soak.

Caste Abilities: Bureaucracy, Investigation, Medicine, Melee, Resistance

On that note, the Wise Witch caste abilities sort of....suck, for my character.  Archery and Awareness are good, but Craft, Lore, and Occult don't really go with the character.  Can I use the regular fire aspect abilities?  (Athletics, Dodge, Melee, Prescense, Socialize)

MadPanda

"These aren't yours?  Ewwwwwwww...."

(boxers soft cotton)
(fluttering ever downward)
(rejected tribute)

In Memory of Bishrook

AstraKiseki

Quote from: GrinningHound on May 06, 2008, 02:27:24 PM
On that note, the Wise Witch caste abilities sort of....suck, for my character.  Archery and Awareness are good, but Craft, Lore, and Occult don't really go with the character.  Can I use the regular fire aspect abilities?  (Athletics, Dodge, Melee, Prescense, Socialize)

I thought we were going with just the fluff, and mechanically, we are Dragonblooded?  If you are a Wise Witch, you are a Wood Aspect.  Holy Thieves are Air Aspects, and so on.  To be a Fire Aspect, you'd have to be a Wedding Warrior, I believe.

GrinningHound

I just want the Fire Aspect is all, same as the Dragonblooded Fire Aspect.  And I don't want to be a wedding warrior. :(

MadPanda

Assuming GMly permission, I see no reason why the titles can't be switched out...so long as the mechanics remain 'correct'.

In Memory of Bishrook

Ajoxer

You could be a Wedding Warrior who behaves more like a Wise Witch, y'know. Keep the Fire Element, just be a total fangirl for Wood Castes... Hell, you could even make it a part of her backstory, she was born into a Wood Caste dynasty, a Fire Caste, it made her try extra-hard to act like a Wise Witch.

AstraKiseki

I think my issue with it is well...  Actually, that could work, but it's mechanically, Wood Aspects have different abilities than Wise Witches anyways.  (And the fact that I'm a Fire Aspect too...)

Wood Aspects have Archery, Ride, Survival, Performance, and Medicine, which can be pretty useful for a herbal witch.  A drop of healing... a lot of charms for your firewands... Charms to protect your broom...  Granted, I'd find a pyromaniac Wise Witch with that Fire Hearthstone that lets you copy a Fire Aspect's anima banner down right hysterical.  XD  Extra motes regen, and your anima can burninate AND poison?  ;)

GrinningHound

She's totally a fire aspect, not wood.  She uses a fire based martial art.  She has no herbal skills or anything like that.  Pure firepower and carnage.

That idea kind of works, Ajoxer.  Besides, she wasn't really trained in witch stuff, since she was busy learning the firewand marital arts.

Ajoxer

Blessed Isle, most likely. You've all been gathered together, and told that because of your... *snrk* years of dedicated service, you'll be searching for the Empress.

I'm thinking of having things take place in the South, primarily because chicks in belly dancing outfits rock.

Ajoxer

Even in the case that you go there, nobody is getting the pokeballs, or the little bars that make them effective on humans...

Unless you can pitch a sufficiently amusing idea to me.

Also, Teehee! http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RuneSoldierLouie

Ajoxer

As Circl, and a brief study of the Exotic Freeform section will show, I am very familiar with Pokegirls.

I may allow it, with the stipulation that the Pokeballs will inevitably make things HORRIBLE. I mean, you know, horrible 'Oh dear god no!' not horrible 'Ugh. Suck.'

Ajoxer

Actually, upon discussion with Circl, I have changed my mind.

We may very well be having a visit to Brock City.

MWAHAHAHAHAHA!

*clears throat.* Sorry 'bout that. Little cough.

Ajoxer

*reads quietly through the Laughing Wounds style.* Well, yep, it looks like SOMETHING Gothic is gonna show up. I can't promise they'll LOOK Lolita for the purposes of keeping our good benefactors out of trouble, but they can certainly dress that way.

AstraKiseki

...  Just...

>_>  You know who I hope NOT to be Abyssal-analog.  No matter how funny it would be.

And, anyways, gothic lolita is a popular style even among adults, so no problems.

Ajoxer

I was joking there, suggesting that things that are ... JUST... HORRIBLE! in the Invader Zim sense would happen with Pokeballs. Pokegirls, most likely, to allow for the audience appeal.

I'm teasing you, Jessie. :-p.

But, uh, if I even see a hint of you making a Team Rocket reference anywhere near the Pokemon city... Things will happen.

Ajoxer

Exactly why it will NOT be used. By gods, I will not see that anime darken my doorstep!

MadPanda

(holds up red sequined g-string with a white R on it)

Someone's missing this.  She should be along any minute.  So, uhm, you guys haven't seen me, okay?

(zips away, giggling)

In Memory of Bishrook

Ajoxer

Remember, Panda, once is funny, twice is better, three times is boring.

MadPanda

True.  If I did it all the time, every time, I'd be no better than Happosai.  :)

In Memory of Bishrook

Ajoxer

MadPanda

Ahhh, well.  Wouldn't want to dull the shock value of such an action.  :)

In Memory of Bishrook

AstraKiseki

I got my sheet all set up, pretty much, though I need to figure out a little bit of fluff...

MadPanda

In Memory of Bishrook

GrinningHound

I thought you were doing sorcery.  That is why I'm not....

Astra, are you okay with me playing a fire aspect as well as you?

Just how Fire oriented is your character?  Do you plan on shooting flames at every opportunity and burning everything down, or is she more tame, and just has the Fire aspect to power her social charms and stuff?

There's a difference, I'm not trying to play the 'same' character as you.

MadPanda

::)

Lingerie acquisition is one of my official duties, yes, but hardly the only one.  Infiltration/exfiltration, urban scouting, libidinal satiation...

In Memory of Bishrook

AstraKiseki

Quote from: GrinningHound on May 07, 2008, 02:39:14 PM

Just how Fire oriented is your character?  Do you plan on shooting flames at every opportunity and burning everything down, or is she more tame, and just has the Fire aspect to power her social charms and stuff?

There's a difference, I'm not trying to play the 'same' character as you.

I know.   ;)  I was more of wanting a 'complete circle' so to speak.  Anyways.

She is more of a fiery personality instead of fire literally.  I'm going more with the 'Wedding Warrior' side of things, but being a fire aspect fits her.

Ajoxer

Well, I can promise you folks that no matter how we put things together, I'll make sure that the game works out fun for everyone.

Just because we have two people specializing in something doesn't necessarily mean they can't enjoy their own individual stories.

Also, I believe Circl will be focusing on strategic thinking and investigation, probably with some Thaumaturgy.

Ajoxer

Well, just remember that 'Martial Arts' and 'Sorcery' are fucking MASSIVE fields. I mean, Scroll of the Monk alone has about 15 distinctive and quite impressive Martial Arts that would make your character completely unique, and Sorcery has a ludicrous number of focuses with the White and Black Treatises out now.

Go with what you think'll be the most fun, and I won't try to kick the group in the weak spot.

AstraKiseki

You won't try, you WILL do it.  :P

And don't forgot about the Imperfect Lotus too, Ajoxer.  Valor Style rocks hardcore.  A lot better than a certain firewand MA...  >.>  (But that's my personal bias against RDS due to players I know)

GrinningHound

I don't want it because it's 'all powerful'.  I want it because it's cool and I like it.

AstraKiseki

Get it.  It has a TON of spells in it.

Ajoxer

Also, I'm considering having Catgirls cover all the varieties of Petting Zoo People.

Because that means this.

Warning, link isn't entirely WS- No nudity, but plenty of ecchi.

http://img388.imageshack.us/img388/9936/84229898kd9.png

What can I say, I like snakes.

MadPanda

Evil Petting Zoo?  I have all their albums, man...  :)

In Memory of Bishrook

MadPanda

Just don't try that with my little Grrl...(that is, my RL pet cat).  She likes to use teh hoominz as scratching posts.

In Memory of Bishrook

Ajoxer

Ajoxer

I.

Am.

FINISHED!

God, damn! That was a grueling frigging day.

I finished all of my finals in less than an hour each, through SHEER EXHAUSTION ENERGY.

And now I get to think of some adventure ideas for you guys. Won't it be fun?

MadPanda

In Memory of Bishrook

GrinningHound

Woo!  Can't wait to start this game. ;D

I'll get my character sheet put together soon.

Question:  Instead of Firewand awesomeness, I might want to look into regular Archery (bows).  Anyone know a cool martial art style or series of charms that would go well with Archery?  (Besides the Dragonblood Archery, which I already know.)

Ajoxer

Well, as I mentioned, you're unlikely to be finding many enemies who are entirely resistant to fire damage. I figure that also, Archery charms will benefit both your normal bow, and firewand.

Keep in mind, I'm unlikely to try to screw you guys out of your main damage dealer by pouring fire-resistant enemies on you, because... I'm just that kind of ST.

GrinningHound

Oh, I will deal damage all right. ;D

Muse

"Father, the sleeper has awoken!" 

Hmmm...  You know, I'm kinda far behind.  Okay, let's see what I can do about it. 

MadPanda

Me, too...on account of Cub.  :) 

In Memory of Bishrook

CirclMastr

Lucky bastard.  My finals are ongoing.  I have two exams and a presentation next week, on top of work tomorrow and Mother's Day on Sunday.

Ajoxer

Anyone who can, get AIM and talk with me, my SN is HomerinNYC. I feel like discussing this stuff with people... *knuckle crack!*

GrinningHound

I would also prefer MSN of YIM.  They can communicate with each other, too.

Muse

I haven't been able to make my AIM work in a while.  *sighes* 

Ajoxer

I'll see what I can do, I suppose?

GrinningHound

It'll take all of 5 minutes to download and install MSN and make a name.

MadPanda

In Memory of Bishrook

GrinningHound

Ajoxer

It takes less than that to get AIM, but I think I might have MSN... Or Windows Messenger, I've got no fucking idea, but Private Message me your MSN handles, I'll see if I can get in touch.

And I'm still here, just recovering from the year, blargh.

MadPanda

OK...jus' checking!  Glad to hear you made it through okay.
(still trying to find the time to finalize Ruri-ruri...or whatever it is I'm gonna name my little sneak)

In Memory of Bishrook

GrinningHound

Windows messenger is MSN.

Sorry, I just really, really dislike AIM. :(

AstraKiseki

CirclMastr

"There's one more to go!"

</Star Fox>

(One more final, that is.)

Ajoxer

Alright, anyone who can, get in touch with me- AIM, I'm HomerinNYC, MSN, I'm Ajoxer@msn.com, please do get in touch just so we can chat a bit about the game, so I can make sure everyone'll be ready.

Ajoxer

One last little point, to retain the flavor of Gothic Lolitas without breaking the rules, they'll most likely dress in Gothic Lolita style, without looking underage. Yes, there may be a tendency towards flat chested ones, but there can still be Gothic Lolitas with chestitude. Because hey, who doesn't like boobs.

After all, nobody wants a game without Gothic Lolitas.

MadPanda

Big-boobed Goth Lolis, all helpless and in need of cheering up?  No can has argue with it.

In Memory of Bishrook

Elohim

I am sooo lurking this game!

MadPanda

(Ruri eyes lurker, then glomps and nuzzles!)

In Memory of Bishrook

Elohim

Aww *Nuzzles*  Ya know if ya need a short term Gothic Lolita NPC or maybe a robot girl...  look me up.

MadPanda

(nuzzles even more, curling up in lurker's arms and handing her her own bra...giggling all the while)

In Memory of Bishrook

Elohim

*Gets a rather big grin,  patting Rurri's backside*   I'm being teased!

MadPanda

(giggles and wiggles and hands Seraph her own panties with the other hand)

Ruri, STOP THAT!  We haven't started game yet!

('awwwwww...')

In Memory of Bishrook

Elohim

*Blinks*  Hey Panda...  can I borrow her for a few days?

MadPanda

PM me with any reasonable offers and thou shalt find me a reasonable Panda, if a Mad one.   :)

In Memory of Bishrook

Elohim

Heh, thanks...  I'll see if anything comes to mind.

Ajoxer

Oh, and for any who may ever question just how effective a Mortal may be, no matter how heroic, let me present, for your amusement and astonishment, the tale of Airman Third Class Axel Higgs.

http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20070330

Ajoxer

I'm going to start going over everyone, seeing if we're ready for the Exalted game, and if we're not, MAKING YOU READY, BY GOD!

We're gonna be seeing if we can start fairly soon, as I believe everyone except Astra is done.

Damn that hell you call a school, Astra!

Up To Date List of people whose character sheet is ready:

AstraKiseki
Madpanda

We still need Muse, CirclMastr, Josh, and GrinningHound to snap to it. GrinningHound, IM me via YIM.

AstraKiseki

Hey, I sent in Sentsuruko's sheet before everyone else!  I'll be slow for a bit, but that's due to school and stress and all.

MadPanda

In Memory of Bishrook

Ajoxer

For references sake...

I am the GM. If I discover that something is exceptionally broken, the Great Force of the Cosmos will step in, and hash out a deal to reimburse you in some way, because this is a humor game, and I am willing to break the fourth wall to keep things workable.

This does work both ways, however. If something is showing to be painfully underpowered, useless in the bounds of the campaign, or not utilized in any way, and we can't satisfactorily incorporate it, I'm willing to have the Great Force of the Cosmos come down to play Let's Make A Deal.

Let's try to make this game fun, ye?

AstraKiseki

I'm tempted to break the game just to see how he would give the smack down, but I'm not a twink.  :P

Ajoxer

Also, a note, this game is going to be silly. It'll be goofy. I won't deny that there'll be real threats, but think, say, Ranma, rather than, say, Princess Mononoke.

Think about it in the sense that the less tightly connected a threat is to one of you, specifically, the more serious they're likely to be. That Rival/Enemy/Groupie? They're not going to be pulling any Misery style shenanigans.

What can I say. If I wanted deadly serious life or death, I'd turn on the news. I feel like trying out Exalted with a bit of silliness.

Ajoxer

Alright. Grinning Hound is feeling a bit uncertain about the game, so for the time being, he's pulled out. If you feel like rejoining, I'll make sure to keep a spot open. For now, though, it looks like we'll be down to five, and I'm hoping to keep it there, since I'd prefer to keep us circle-ish in size.

Also, an odd-sized group makes it much harder to split up much.

MadPanda

Do we get to taunt him with rubber poultry and schoolyard chants concerning pussilanimous withdrawals in the face of the Big Silliness?

In Memory of Bishrook

Ajoxer

No. Under penalty of TORCHAH.

MadPanda

Oh, mou.
And it won't be the fun kind, either, I bet.

(lets Ruri-ruri scamper off to flirt with a passing crowd of schoolgirls)

In Memory of Bishrook

Ajoxer

Hmmm... I'm considering, for the purposes of letting you guys do a little better in combat, something along the lines of giving four to five Martial Arts charms. These would, of course, in the case of Celestial Martial Arts, only come to 2-3, accounting for the necessary charms to let Dragon-Blooded learn that level, but it'd be something of a starting set, and would give you some further options in combat.

Anyone feeling for? Against?

MadPanda

You mean freebies?
Can I take Dreaming Pearl Courtesan Style?

(bounces excitedly and giggles)

In Memory of Bishrook

Ajoxer

Basically, yeah.

And if you can think of a good reason for a Dragon-Blooded to have been taught that style, then certainly. I'll swallow most cockamamie stories... Or however that's spelled.

MadPanda

Well, Ruri can be awfully persuasive...and she's awfully cute...

In Memory of Bishrook

CirclMastr

Even Mortals get free Martial Arts? :D heh

Ajoxer

You're only learning Terrestrial, and they're somewhat limited... But it's still a righteous beating you're able to deliver.

Ajoxer

Also, I will be allowing the flaws and merits from the Player's Guide. Circl's pretty screwed if he don't get Experience and Knowledge available, after all.

MadPanda

(pouts and goes off to do yet another rewrite)

In Memory of Bishrook

Ajoxer

I've got to keep these delays going on until Muse gets back to me. :P

MadPanda

Oh, is that what's holding this up?

(casts Summon Carnie spell, hands out pitchforks and torches)

We'll just go talk to him...

(Juuuuuuuuust kidding!  I hear he's having connectivity subscriptions right now.)

In Memory of Bishrook

Ajoxer

Subscriptions?

But ach. Well, we shall see what we must do.

MadPanda

Multiple issues are a subscription.  :)

In Memory of Bishrook

Ajoxer

Elohim

Looking for a sixth player?  I wouldn't mind making a magical girl.

MadPanda

YAAAAAYYYYY!!!!
*flying glomp*

In Memory of Bishrook

Elohim

*Glomped and crashs to the floor flailing about*  Woah...

MadPanda

You'll have to excuse my anima.  She's rather exciteable.   :)  As you can tell...

In Memory of Bishrook

Elohim

No worries, its more fun that way anyway.

MadPanda

Yaaaaayyyy!!!

(glomps again!)

In Memory of Bishrook

Ajoxer

Afraid that I'll be keeping it to five players for now. I probably should have stayed there from the start, but I let myself get a bit overeager. If Muse is feeling too busy, then I might be able to open a slot for you.

MadPanda

In Memory of Bishrook

Elohim

Alright then,  I'll still be keeping my eye on the game.

*Pats Panda's shoulder* 

AstraKiseki

I'm fine with getting Silver-Voiced Nightengale Style.  ;)

Ajoxer

Well, sad news, folks, reality has come crashing back down and I have realized, for perhaps the fifth straight time, that I have absolutely NO PLACE trying to do a damn game, as it becomes increasingly obvious that everything I touch turns to absolute suck. I can only say that I'm grateful for the fact that I've realized this now, when we've only put some basic time into character creation, rather than letting it die slowly and painfully just as it's beginning, as the other games have gone by. Sorry, Muse, but it looks like you're still the only one who can muster an Exalted game around here.

MadPanda

Awwwwwwwwww...  :-\ :-\ :-\

Sorry to hear that, 'Jox.  But, as you say, better to find out now that two weeks into the game, yeah?

(kicks invisible pebble)

In Memory of Bishrook

Ajoxer

I'll see. I'm going to get some sleep, and maybe if I've had a change of heart, we can continue, see how things go still. Nothing like another hopeless cause, huh?

MadPanda

(bounces up and down excitedly in anticipation)

Even if we run it more or less freeform?  'Cause that might make your job easier.

In Memory of Bishrook

Ajoxer

Eh, I'm still trying to get myself better at doing these system games. Let's give it a fair shot, what say?

Freeform Exalted, though... Phew.

MadPanda

Let me reframe that proposal.
We only worry about the dice when it's really, really important and just have a lot of goofy fun the rest of the time.

In Memory of Bishrook

CirclMastr

Seeing as I'm playing a mortal, I'm going to go ahead and come out in favor of more freeform and less rolling.

Ajoxer

I might keep the dice-rolling for combat, but I'm willing to save it for mostly Exalted combat, what say?

We'll see what feels comfortable. I'm not much for overusing dice, only when a scene really should be about somebody's character's skills, heh. But yeah, we'll see.

I'm hoping to get all the character sheets in soon. And Seraph? You're in, since Josh has dropped out of the game. Hopefully me and MP can chat with you about something related to that...

Elohim

Yea, sure I'd still be willing to give it a go.

Ajoxer

Good.

Though this damn game is starting to feel haunted. Hrm.

Elohim

So,  so I don't have to go through all the pages...  who's playing what?

Ajoxer

Madpanda: Sneaky Panty-thief.
Astra: Somewhat flighty socialite.
Circl: Most likely a well-connected mortal.
Muse: Unsure as of yet!

CirclMastr

Yeah, I'm playing the guy who knows everybody, making the introductions so Astra can bust out her Charm-enhanced manipulations on them, heh.

Elohim

I'm pondering focusing on Martial arts myself...

Ajoxer

Well, as Grinning Hound left, a martial-arts focused Exalted would be quite useful, and as you can see, you'd get a little boost thanks to the house rules.

Which would leave me, at least for the moment, to suggest Muse might want to be checking out Sorcery... >.>

MadPanda

Awwww, MAN!  Sorry to hear we lost Josh.   :(

In Memory of Bishrook

Ajoxer

Aye. God willing, next time I do a game, I'll be able to be a bit better at keeping players... *knocks on wood.*

Ajoxer

Next campaign I do, hopefully it'll work out a bit better, ey what?

Ajoxer

From what I'm seeing quite a bit in the group make-up and all that stuff, there seems to be a strong undercurrent of feeling of very low, perhaps no combat. It might be very possible to make this game mostly freeform. Kawaii, if nothing else, is clearly more oriented towards the social stuff than the combat. We might primarily keep the combat to freeform, mostly concerning beating the everloving crap out of mooks, and remove the martial arts charms or keep them primarily for flavor and scenes of general awesome wiping out of your enemies. Would people rather see this as more freeform or system? Admittedly, I'd probably do better with the freeform, as I have more trouble figuring out system combat and such than I have with stories, heh.

Ajoxer

To clarify, with a little help from Circl, this mainly means that it'd be freeform, except for the things you're particularly specialized in. Astra's specialized in her social combat, she'd get all the satisfaction of crunching people with her superior wit and charm. Madpanda has that sneakthievery going around, he damn well gets to make sure he can put those god only knows how many dice to use. And of course, if there's a climactic combat encounter, it might be dice-wise.

We'll see what works best, aye? I've always preferred keeping things moving quickly rather than letting the dice take things over.

An advantage would also be one-on-one, preferably via IM, run-through of these things, allowing it to move pretty quickly.

Excitement she wrote, eh?

Elohim

I might want to rework my character...  she is admittedly a combat PC.  But,  I could probably have her retolled by tommarow evening.

Ajoxer

Well, focus on what feels best for you. If you wanna do combat, I can toss in a few nice encounters for you to take on. Just because Kawaii Edition doesn't go for combat entirely doesn't mean there can't be some fun combat in the game.

MadPanda

Sounds good to me (leering grin)

That is to say, mostly freeform would be fun.  And less work for Mister GM.

In Memory of Bishrook

Ajoxer

People still interested? Only gotten two character sheets out of the five so far, I'm hoping to get in touch with people to be able to better prod them. I've already talked with Circl, but I'm hoping to heckle the rest of you lazy bastards. :-p.

Elohim

Sorry I have recently just finalized my descion to play a martial artist, despite the free form nature of the game.  I'll have the sheet in soon.

MadPanda

*bounces about excitedly*

Yesyesyesyesyesyesyes!

In Memory of Bishrook

Ajoxer

Actually, this is, for the most part, more directed towards Muse, and Circl to a degree. I'll have to hassle them via PMs, I suppose.  :P

Ajoxer

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?board=343.0

Alright, I've got our game posted up here. Exalted Kawaii 2e, Bad Gods, Fake Gods, Demi Gods, and Would-Be Gods. Why yes, I do quite love that speech from Doctor Who.

MadPanda

In Memory of Bishrook

Haibane

Oh my word! This looks so much fun! I don't know the game system at all but for this, I'll learn extra double quick! If I'm approved may I join? Please? Pretty pretty please? *does chibi kitten lip and big eyes*

Ajoxer

Astra Kiseki is dropping out, Seraph and Muse haven't gotten back to me, the only people who are remotely still in this game are Circl and MadPanda. I'm afraid I might just have to drop this due to lack of interest from people.

KHAAAAAN!

MadPanda

Muse is possibly otherwise occupied.
I can 'ask' Seraph to get off her tail end.
And we have a newbie who's interested...

In Memory of Bishrook

Ajoxer

At this point, I'm just afraid that too much interest has waned...

So, perhaps we should switch gears, and see about getting back to that old Nobilis idea. And next time I do a game like this, I'm fucking well starting an introduction thread and riding everyone's asses about the game mercilessly.

MadPanda

Thanks for the sour persimmons, cousin >_<

In Memory of Bishrook

CirclMastr

*hides from the wrath of a mad panda*

Ajoxer

I apologize. I know you were the only person who really went into this with full enthusiasm... Ech. Again, sorries.  :(

MadPanda

I can understand your decision...

But I'm bloody annoyed!  That's a lot of time and effort down the (bleep)ing drain.

Gimme a bit to calm down, maybe.

In Memory of Bishrook