Soldier Girls - An All Female Sci-Fi Military Adventure - Need Replacements

Started by Chrystal, June 01, 2015, 11:31:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikem

Far future on distant planets and we're still fighting each other. War. It never changes.

I'm guessing there will be points of downtime in order to get in some relaxation/fraternization?
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions. So why not take the scenic route?"

My Ons & Offs

Chrystal

@Scribbles: There was no plot to remember, just a few special effects and Casper the Friendly Van Man doing his own stunts. The book is much better, as long as you ignore Heinlein's political posturing.

@Mikem: That was said explicitly at the beginning. There will be down time.

Please don't take this personally, it is more a general point that your question has prompted me to make: Has everyone read the GM posts at the beginning of the thread? I invariably get worried when people ask questions I have already answered in case what I wrote wasn't clear and is causing confusion.

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

akirakaneda

Well any blood bath appeals to me, Am I still in time to join?

Lynnette

Quote from: akirakaneda on June 06, 2015, 11:04:38 AM
Well any blood bath appeals to me, Am I still in time to join?

Yup, sheets won't be up for a bit longer, so yes, you're out in good time ^^
I'm available on Discord!
Feel free to message me if you want to chat
Lynnpai#4726

My O/O     My guide to set up a home server and Plex
My request thread

Mikem

Quote from: Chrystal on June 06, 2015, 02:53:35 AM
@Mikem: That was said explicitly at the beginning. There will be down time.

Please don't take this personally, it is more a general point that your question has prompted me to make: Has everyone read the GM posts at the beginning of the thread? I invariably get worried when people ask questions I have already answered in case what I wrote wasn't clear and is causing confusion.

I have reread and admit my mistake.
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions. So why not take the scenic route?"

My Ons & Offs

Nowherewoman

Quote from: Chrystal on June 05, 2015, 04:05:36 PM
You didn't offend, Scribbles. That was my weird sense of humour taking advantage of your inadvertent and slightly unfortunate choice of words to make a point about something I have a bee in my bonnet about.

The comparison to the Starship Trooper movies would be made eventually by someone so I brought it up myself. The quote "More meat for the grinder" is from the very end of the second movie.

You...actually WATCHED the second movie?  Why?

Quote from: Chrystal on June 05, 2015, 02:36:29 PM
Yeah... Has anyone read Robert Heinlein's book Starship Trooper? I don't mean seen the crappy movie that shares the title and nothing else, but actually read the book?

Several times ;D
My eyes are a window to the storm that's getting close.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

and mea culpas  (A/As): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221151.0

Chrystal

Why did I watch the second movie? Actually it is a lot better than the first one. It has a plot of sorts and a quite errotic lesbian seduction scene that unfortunately turns out to be more horrific than hot. Other than the name it has nothing in common with either the book nor the first movie. If you ignore the fact that it is supposed to be a sequel, and take it as a Sci Fi horror film in its own right, it is actually not that bad.

So, uh, yeah...

Anyway. Will be home day after tomorrow and will see about getting the character sheet up along with some more information.

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Chrystal

Character Sheet Is Up

Please PM completed character sheets to myself and ReaperDouble0 for approval. We will then post them to the approved character thread.

Terian

Ugh, mandatory image searches :( This'll be an aggravation.

Mikem

Quote from: Terian on June 10, 2015, 04:30:02 PM
Ugh, mandatory image searches :( This'll be an aggravation.

This is Chrystal's game, if something frustrates you then you don't have to play. Consider it a challenge that will reward you with roleplay.

I've sent in the character sheet Chrystal, hope it's satisfactory. Again this would be my first group game so apologies for mishaps and please let me know how to correct any. So I noticed you went with the Marine Corps Enlisted ranks. (Corporal is unique to the Marine Corps) Since you prefer low ranking characters I went ahead with just a Private and tried to accommodate that with a little backstory to explain her low rank. Also, that's some mighty sexy body armor you found for the soldiers. Reminds me a lot of a crossover between Mass Effect and some other game I can't quite place.

I just had an idea. Perhaps markings on our armor signify our rank. Like painted lines/echelons around the arms, or different colored shoulder plates.

My Ons & Offs

SlipperySue

Character sheet being worked on for Private Consuela 'Connie' Martinez.  Face claim Demi Lovato.

Chrystal

Quote from: Mikem on June 11, 2015, 01:09:41 AM
I've sent in the character sheet Chrystal, hope it's satisfactory. Again this would be my first group game so apologies for mishaps and please let me know how to correct any. So I noticed you went with the Marine Corps Enlisted ranks. (Corporal is unique to the Marine Corps) Since you prefer low ranking characters I went ahead with just a Private and tried to accommodate that with a little backstory to explain her low rank. Also, that's some mighty sexy body armor you found for the soldiers. Reminds me a lot of a crossover between Mass Effect and some other game I can't quite place.

Corporal may be unique to the USMC in the US military, but is still used in the British army as well as others. What I went with was a simplification of the rank structure to make it easier for non-military people to understand.

And that picture took a heck of a lot of finding! I'm glad people like it!

QuoteI just had an idea. Perhaps markings on our armor signify our rank. Like painted lines/echelons around the arms, or different colored shoulder plates.

NO!!!

I don't know about in other countries, but in the British army, when wearing BDUs, the soldier's rank is on a tab that hooks over a button on the front of the jacket, and can be quickly and easily removed. Only dress uniform has permanent insignia sewn on.

There is a very VERY good reason for this, which is the same as the rule about NOT saluting an officer in a combat zone. Snipers love to shoot officers and NCOs. This was first recognised in WWII - although it was true well before then - and ever since, rank insignia has been kept low-key or even removable on combat uniforms.

Battlenet® will tell you who is who, you don't need to see anything on the suit.

mia h

Quote from: Chrystal on June 11, 2015, 03:15:12 AM
There is a very VERY good reason for this, which is the same as the rule about NOT saluting an officer in a combat zone. Snipers love to shoot officers and NCOs. This was first recognised in WWII - although it was true well before then - and ever since, rank insignia has been kept low-key or even removable on combat uniforms.

During the Cold War in Soviet Infantry units only Officers were trained in and permitted to carry radio's so the general instruction to all British units was to shoot anyone with an ariel first.
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

vin26m

SlipperySue

Quote from: vin26m on June 11, 2015, 04:59:16 AM
Both the US Army and the US Marine Corps use the rank of corporal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporal#United_States_Army

In addition to the British Army, Corporal is also a rank in the Royal Marines and Royal Air Force, but not in the Royal Navy which has Leading Hand as its NATO rank equivalent.

Chrystal

Right, I've added some more detail to the tech spec for the suit, and also some weapon data.

If anyone wants a rail-gun, see me. One per squad, and I would prefer to give it to someone with a stripe or two?

I am also filling in the TO in the first post. Approved character thread is coming soon, watch this space!

As I said, quite simply, I used the simplest rank structure I could think of that would work. And as I pointed out, I am being bitchy hard-arsed GM about it. Not up for negotiation. Sorry. End of!

If you really want to know why I am adamant about this being non-negotiable, take a look at THIS!

So, we have OR1/2, OR3, OR4, OR5 and OR6. And that is that! And I'm surprised no-one has pulled me up on making the Platoon Sergeant a "First Sergeant" instead of a "Staff Sergeant". But as there's only one, I guess it matters not!

SlipperySue

Quote from: Chrystal on June 11, 2015, 05:21:24 AM
Right, I've added some more detail to the tech spec for the suit, and also some weapon data.

If anyone wants a rail-gun, see me. One per squad, and I would prefer to give it to someone with a stripe or two?

I am also filling in the TO in the first post. Approved character thread is coming soon, watch this space!

As I said, quite simply, I used the simplest rank structure I could think of that would work. And as I pointed out, I am being bitchy hard-arsed GM about it. Not up for negotiation. Sorry. End of!

If you really want to know why I am adamant about this being non-negotiable, take a look at THIS!

So, we have OR1/2, OR3, OR4, OR5 and OR6. And that is that! And I'm surprised no-one has pulled me up on making the Platoon Sergeant a "First Sergeant" instead of a "Staff Sergeant". But as there's only one, I guess it matters not!

Can we have the Italian titles, so much more sexy!!!!!!!

Colour Sergeant also sounds far prettier than Staff Sergeant or First Sergeant.

Only kidding.

Nowherewoman

My eyes are a window to the storm that's getting close.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

and mea culpas  (A/As): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221151.0

Mikem

Assigned to Fireteam One, First Squad under a PFC Hutzin. Alrighty, can't wait to meet the Squad Lead.

I understand about the ranks. Honestly who knows what a future military force would use. And since you're game master, you work it girl. You set it up I'll follow. Enjoying the additional info by the way. Nice using the weapon from the Command & Conquer Renegade mod. Will there be additional primary weapons available to the Enlisted other than that standard issue AR? Like Personal Defense Weapons or Marksman Rifles?

Quote from: Nowherewoman on June 11, 2015, 06:38:28 AM
Miss Manners is the platoon leader?

:o   :D

That's Lieutenant Manners to you soldier.  ;D

My Ons & Offs

Chrystal

Quote from: Mikem on June 11, 2015, 06:41:14 AM
Assigned to Fireteam One, First Squad under a PFC Hutzin. Alrighty, can't wait to meet the Squad Lead.

The FT leader is pending approval, I think she's good to go, just waiting for any final comments from Reaper. Squad leader and second... have not been requested yet and so are thus far NPCs.

QuoteI understand about the ranks. Honestly who knows what a future military force would use. And since you're game master, you work it girl. You set it up I'll follow. Enjoying the additional info by the way. Nice using the weapon from the Command & Conquer Renegade mod. Will there be additional primary weapons available to the Enlisted other than that standard issue AR? Like Personal Defense Weapons or Marksman Rifles?

If you mean the railgun, it was my third choice after two others didn't look right to me, or did you mean the AR?. There is a side-arm available if people want it - Sergeants and up are issued with it by default and can select the AR as an option (And yes, the LT is carrying both!), plus the suit comes with a combat knife as standard. When I get a character sheet from someone wanting to be the Platoon Designated Markswoman, I will sort out a sniper rifle for her

QuoteThat's Lieutenant Manners to you soldier.  ;D

Yes indeed! Or Ell-Tee, or Boss, or Ma'am, or even Sir...!

Chrystal

Approved Characters Thread is open.

If your character has been submitted and isn't there, give me and Reaper a nudge, as we're probably waiting on each other to say yay or nay...! Or we might be waiting on you to make changes...

OOC thread will follow soon. Please don't pre-empt the OOC, as I need to put the "reserved posts" in first with all the technical data.

Angel Fire

I am still very interested but I won't have time to make a character until this weekend.   Please do your best to not start without me *Winks*
Can you capture this fiery Angel and make her yours?!  Try before she slips away into the night... If you wish.
May we spread our wings and soar the heavens together for all time - Angel
My Theme Song - Can I be your Heart's Desire?

Lynnette

Quote from: Angel Fire on June 11, 2015, 09:01:13 AM
I am still very interested but I won't have time to make a character until this weekend.   Please do your best to not start without me *Winks*

I don't think it'll be a problem, a lot of people are still submitting their sheets ^^

On another note, we are getting a lot of lesbians xD It's too bad, I wanted to abuse my powers as big scary sergeant to take advantage of some non-lesbians :P
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

SlipperySue

Quote from: ReaperDouble0 on June 11, 2015, 09:02:58 AM
I don't think it'll be a problem, a lot of people are still submitting their sheets ^^

On another note, we are getting a lot of lesbians xD It's too bad, I wanted to abuse my powers as big scary sergeant to take advantage of some non-lesbians :P

I'll change my character to a shy straight girl then.

Lynnette

Quote from: SlipperySue on June 11, 2015, 09:05:11 AM
I'll change my character to a shy straight girl then.

You don't have to make changes, I was just joking ^^ Though if you wish, feel free to xD
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread