Virtual Galaxy Beta Discussion (Closed)

Started by Moraline, July 07, 2013, 08:36:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vaulera

If there's still room for this roleplay, i'd love to be a part of it! Seems very well put together.

Moraline

Quote from: Vaulera on July 08, 2013, 09:13:36 PM
If there's still room for this roleplay, i'd love to be a part of it! Seems very well put together.
Would love to have you join us! Submit a character.

Formless

Character's Real World
Who are you in real life? 24 Yearsold Jabal Osairi. A UK citizen with Middle eastern origin. Studies Physics but slowly leaning towards computer science.
Sexual Orientation? Heterosexual.
Where do you live in real life? Brighton. A flat by himself.Though friends tend to sleep over alot.
Do you have family and what is your relationship with them like? Parents who live back in Qatar and an older brother. Aside from the formal cotact , there's hardly anything to share with them.
What is your financial status? A bit over the middle class. Dear ol' dad isn't tight with the money when things go down. But there's always hesitation to ask him for it.
What are you studying at WikiTube World school? Computer science.

Additional Character's Background/Personality Notes: Jabal can be a clueless bird among the flock. But can catch on to whatever is going on after a while. Easy to talk to. Doesn't have any conflicting emotions. Simply addicted to the term " Video games " , which what lead him to Play Virtual Galaxy Beta.

Virtual Galaxy Beta Avatar

Name: Spear Head.
Height: 6'
Weight: 170
Additional Notes: The avatar was just his own personal touch. His looks since reflected as he is in real life. He only adjusted the hair to a Mullet cut.

Moraline

Quote from: Formless on July 09, 2013, 12:18:59 PM
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Character's Real World
Who are you in real life? 24 Yearsold Jabal Osairi. A UK citizen with Middle eastern origin. Studies Physics but slowly leaning towards computer science.
Sexual Orientation? Heterosexual.
Where do you live in real life? Brighton. A flat by himself.Though friends tend to sleep over alot.
Do you have family and what is your relationship with them like? Parents who live back in Qatar and an older brother. Aside from the formal cotact , there's hardly anything to share with them.
What is your financial status? A bit over the middle class. Dear ol' dad isn't tight with the money when things go down. But there's always hesitation to ask him for it.
What are you studying at WikiTube World school? Computer science.

Additional Character's Background/Personality Notes: Jabal can be a clueless bird among the flock. But can catch on to whatever is going on after a while. Easy to talk to. Doesn't have any conflicting emotions. Simply addicted to the term " Video games " , which what lead him to Play Virtual Galaxy Beta.

Name: Spear Head.
Height: 6'
Weight: 170
Additional Notes: The avatar was just his own personal touch. His looks since reflected as he is in real life. He only adjusted the hair to a Mullet cut.
Character approved! Welcome to the first grouping.

So for in Group/Team A we have:

•   Prof_Kruglov  (Played by TheHangedMan) - Age 23, hetero male, Botony major.
  • Blue_Grrl (Played by Moraline) - Age 17, bi female, High School student.
  • Spear Head (Played by Formless) - Age 24, hetero male, Comp Sci major.
  •    

So for in Group/Team B we have:

Yukina

(Picture and additional avatar will be included later today)

Character's Real World
Who are you in real life? Minako Masters is meek, asian-american, seventeen year-old girl that has just recently graduated from high school. She loves books and plans to work up to be librarian in the future. She also happen to be an otaku. As soon as moved out, her new apartment was stocked to the brim with literature and otaku-related memorabilia.
Sexual Orientation? Lesbian
Where do you live in real life? In her apartment in Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Do you have family and what is your relationship with them like? Minako has a Japanese mother and an American father, as well as a little brother. Her family relationship isn't too great. While her mother is very supportive, the males in her family are far from it. Her father is sports-obsessed catholic paster and her little brother follows his lead, leading to some obvious major problems. Her parents have also divorced from each other in the past month.
What is your financial status? Currently starting off as lower class
What are you studying at WikiTube World school? Literature major, minoring on cooking

Additional Character's Background/Personality Notes: -

Name: Yubiwa Mahoutsukai
Height: 5'1"
Weight: 100 Lbs.
Additional Notes: Slightly better bust line than pic. Uses her rings as sources for powers and attacks

Moraline

Looking good but I think there's a couple mis-types in your Family and Relationships section. You have two fathers but you also mention a mother.   PS: I think you should make her adopted and go with the two fathers and keep it all the same. I like it!

Chrystal

Okay, here goes.

Might be best to put me in a group with another lesbian, rather than have two straight guys and one gay girl competing for the same bi girl... lol!

Character's Real World
Who are you in real life? Ninas Rattan, a 21 year old female, of Indian ethnicity. Raised as a hundu, she has sstudied widely and rehjected her parents' beliefs, preferring to believe in people rather than mythical deities.
Sexual Orientation? Gay, but very firmly locked in with the coats and dresses!
Where do you live in real life? New Deli, in a slum housing project, with her entire family.
Do you have family and what is your relationship with them like? Ninas lives with her mother, father, grandmother, grand father, maiden aunt, her four brothers and two sisters. She is very firmly of the opinion that medical science is a bad thing unless combined with birth control. She is the second in age in the family and is the most "bookish", spending most of her time studying. Mostly because this is the only way she can get away from the impossibly crowded home she lives in. She tollerates her family, who mostly ignore her.
What is your financial status? Poor
What are you studying at WikiTube World school? Mathematics and Physics

Additional Character's Background/Personality Notes: Ninas is very shy in real life. She hardly ever speaks to strangers or even her family for that matter, but in VBG she comes totally out of her shell, knowing that no-one knows who she really is and no-one can actually hurt her - at least, up until now...

NSFW
Name: Silverfyre
Height: 185 cm
Weight: 67 kg
Additional Notes: Has four other nipples buried somewhere under the fur below her breasts, also has retractable claws on hands and feet which will work as a bladed weapon in worlds that permit combat and as a bladed tool (pen knife, letter opener etc) in worlds that do not.

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Yukina

Quote from: Moraline on July 09, 2013, 02:00:40 PM
Looking good but I think there's a couple mis-types in your Family and Relationships section. You have two fathers but you also mention a mother.   PS: I think you should make her adopted and go with the two fathers and keep it all the same. I like it!

Thank you for mentioning the typos. I will correct them now.

Edit: Done. By the way, I do agree with Crystal.

Moraline

Quote from: Chrystal on July 09, 2013, 02:09:02 PM
Okay, here goes.

Might be best to put me in a group with another lesbian, rather than have two straight guys and one gay girl competing for the same bi girl... lol!

Character's Real World
Who are you in real life? Ninas Rattan, a 21 year old female, of Indian ethnicity. Raised as a hundu, she has sstudied widely and rehjected her parents' beliefs, preferring to believe in people rather than mythical deities.
Sexual Orientation? Gay, but very firmly locked in with the coats and dresses!
Where do you live in real life? New Deli, in a slum housing project, with her entire family.
Do you have family and what is your relationship with them like? Ninas lives with her mother, father, grandmother, grand father, maiden aunt, her four brothers and two sisters. She is very firmly of the opinion that medical science is a bad thing unless combined with birth control. She is the second in age in the family and is the most "bookish", spending most of her time studying. Mostly because this is the only way she can get away from the impossibly crowded home she lives in. She tollerates her family, who mostly ignore her.
What is your financial status? Poor
What are you studying at WikiTube World school? Mathematics and Physics

Additional Character's Background/Personality Notes: Ninas is very shy in real life. She hardly ever speaks to strangers or even her family for that matter, but in VBG she comes totally out of her shell, knowing that no-one knows who she really is and no-one can actually hurt her - at least, up until now...

Name: Silverfyre
Height: 185 cm
Weight: 67 kg
Additional Notes: Has four other nipples buried somewhere under the fur below her breasts, also has retractable claws on hands and feet which will work as a bladed weapon in worlds that permit combat and as a bladed tool (pen knife, letter opener etc) in worlds that do not.
Character looks great, you're totally approved.

And if it's alright with you, I'm going to stack her into the first group.  It actually works out better if the person you end up "being with" is in another group. That way you can send them instant messages through the message centre. Maybe if the two groups get in direct competition with each other over a solving a clue first or something they can be become like a Romeo & Juliet (or in this case Juliet & Juliet). It adds a layer of dramatic tension.

I'm also going to eventually let people group hop and cross team up. After all, none of us are getting out of VGB unless someone wins. So for some it might be a competition to win but for most it's just about getting out of here.

Chrystal

Okay... Actually, I have nothing whatever against guys flirting with my characters and trying to get into their pants as long as the guys in question can take "no" for an answer!

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Yukina

TheHangedOne

Since others are doing it, and I did not, I have made a slight edit to my sheet, Moraline.  Just about weapons and stuff. I should probably note, 'Kruglov' is likely to be fond of 'dress-up', so might have spent quite a bit on virtual clothing and the like.  Probably has a different outfit for the different types of worlds out there, if that's alright.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Moraline

Quote from: Yugishogun on July 09, 2013, 01:55:46 PM
Character's Real World
Who are you in real life? Minako Masters is meek, asian-american, seventeen year-old girl that has just recently graduated from high school. She loves books and plans to work up to be librarian in the future. She also happen to be an otaku. As soon as moved out, her new apartment was stocked to the brim with literature and otaku-related memorabilia.
Do you have family and what is your relationship with them like? Minako has a Japanese mother and an American father, as well as a little brother. Her family relationship isn't too great. While her mother is very supportive, the males in her family are far from it. Her father is sports-obsessed catholic paster and her little brother follows his lead, leading to some obvious major problems. Her parents have also divorced from each other in the past month.
What are you studying at WikiTube World school? Literature major, minoring on cooking

Additional Notes: Slightly better bust line than pic. Uses her rings as sources for powers and attacks
Totally approved!

Quote from: TheHangedMan on July 09, 2013, 03:06:20 PM
Since others are doing it, and I did not, I have made a slight edit to my sheet, Moraline.  Just about weapons and stuff. I should probably note, 'Kruglov' is likely to be fond of 'dress-up', so might have spent quite a bit on virtual clothing and the like.  Probably has a different outfit for the different types of worlds out there, if that's alright.
No problems. Although everyone is going to start with nothing of consequence. Maybe you're character can learn "Crafting: Tailoring" skill and make outfits. *nods*  I'd like to order one cute party dress please! LOL

Group/Team A:

•   Prof_Kruglov  (Played by TheHangedMan) - Age 23, hetero male, Botany major.
  • Blue_Grrl (Played by Moraline) - Age 17, bi female, High School student.
  • Spear Head (Played by Formless) - Age 24, hetero male, Comp Sci major.
  • Silverfyre (Played by Chrystal) - Age 21, lesbian female, Mathematics and Physics major

Group/Team B:

• Yubiwa Mahoutsukai (Played by Yugishogun) - Age 17, lesbian female, Literature major, minoring on cooking
  • Krad_Zephyros (Played by ZephySempai) - Age 19, hetero male, Dual Business/Culinary Arts Major 
  •    
  •    

Note: We can always take new and more players. The game is designed to group people up into groups of 4 so those groups go out on their own to hunt/search then everyone can interact through the messaging system and at hub locations. (We'll have sub groups, duo's, cross grouping etc... as desired and/or needed.)

steelsmiter

Quote from: Yugishogun on July 09, 2013, 01:55:46 PM
(Picture and additional avatar will be included later today)

Character's Real World

Damn, I guess now I'll have to make Yukiko if you want me to... the work load will be a bit strained but I think I can manage.

Alright with you Moraline?
I don't play in PMs
Who wants to join an incest registry?
O/Os
Download RPGs I wrote on my Discord!
So anyway I guess I'm steelsmiter on fetlife now. Hit me up and tell me you're from E!

Chrystal

Moraline

Quote from: steelsmiter on July 09, 2013, 04:47:31 PM
Damn, I guess now I'll have to make Yukiko if you want me to... the work load will be a bit strained but I think I can manage.

Alright with you Moraline?
Fine by me. The great thing about this world is that your characters can look like anything that they want to. ((Within Elliquiy's age restrictions of course))
And your avatars can be changed as the game goes on as well because there is a section built into the players UI to allow them to reboot and load in a new avatar appearance.

So, sure... make your avatar anything that you want.

Note: We can always take new and more players. The game is designed to group people up into groups of 4 so those groups go out on their own to hunt/search then everyone can interact through the messaging system and at hub locations. (We'll have sub groups, duo's, cross grouping etc... as desired and/or needed.)

Quote from: Chrystal on July 09, 2013, 05:01:44 PM
Moraline, you haven't listed Blue's major?
She's technically just going into final year of high school and taking Uni prep courses.  She doesn't know what she wants to take...

"Oh my gawd! The pressure to choose a major! My mum, my guidance Councillor, friends!.. GAH!  I just want to run away!"   ;D

*edit*... *signs up as a liberal arts major* 

ZephySempai

Character's Real World

Who are you in real life? Krad Zephyros. Age 19. Athlete, and a trouble-maker.

Sexual Orientation? Straight, but will flirt with men if he wants to tease the women around watching.

Where do you live in real life? Osaka Japan, but originally from the USA: Philadelphia, PA.

Do you have family and what is your relationship with them like? Krad has a mother and father, but both live in America on Business. He rarely ever gets to see them; maybe three times a year, and really misses them, but rarely ever talks about them or shows how he feels unless they are around.

What is your financial status? Wealthy.

What are you studying at WikiTube World school? Business is the major his parents are paying for, but he is double-majoring in Culinary as well.

Additional Character's Background/Personality Notes: Because of his estranged relationship with his parents, Krad can come off as very rough around the edges. He is a cocky, confident, and conceited person who always seems to be the best at whatever he does. Usually, he is calm and maintains control, but Krad has terribly violent tendencies and has been institutionalized during his middle school years for emotional instability and violent outbursts. He was almost labeled as Bi-polar, but his parents made sure the label was never placed. He's found some solace in cooking and video games as both activities allow him to wield blades and be as violent and sadistic as he wishes. Krad is also what some would call a Jack-of-All-Trades. By sacrificing the ability to master any one skill, Krad gains stats must faster across the board. He levels up quickly in the beginning before reaching a steep hill towards the mid-levels, and then a wall just before upgrading to mastery level of any stat.

Name: Krad_Zephyros
Height: 6'1

Weight: 172 Ibs

Additional Notes: In real life, he pretty much looks exactly the same, except his hair is just a little bit shorter, and both his hair and eyes are blue, instead of amethyst. Also, he will be very angry that his stats will be reset lol.

There be mah character. Hope it works out and I cant wait to get started. Btw, Hi @TheHangedMan. Fancy meeting you here lol

Moraline

Quote from: ZephySempai on July 09, 2013, 06:24:17 PM
Character's Real World

Who are you in real life? Krad Zephyros. Age 19. Athlete, and a trouble-maker.

Sexual Orientation? Straight, but will flirt with men if he wants to tease the women around watching.

Where do you live in real life? Osaka Japan, but originally from the USA: Philadelphia, PA.

Do you have family and what is your relationship with them like? Krad has a mother and father, but both live in America on Business. He rarely ever gets to see them; maybe three times a year, and really misses them, but rarely ever talks about them or shows how he feels unless they are around.

What is your financial status? Wealthy.

What are you studying at WikiTube World school? Business is the major his parents are paying for, but he is double-majoring in Culinary as well.

Additional Character's Background/Personality Notes: Because of his estranged relationship with his parents, Krad can come off as very rough around the edges. He is a cocky, confident, and conceited person who always seems to be the best at whatever he does. Usually, he is calm and maintains control, but Krad has terribly violent tendencies and has been institutionalized during his middle school years for emotional instability and violent outbursts. He was almost labeled as Bi-polar, but his parents made sure the label was never placed. He's found some solace in cooking and video games as both activities allow him to wield blades and be as violent and sadistic as he wishes.

Name: Krad_Zephyros
Height: 6'1

Weight: 172 Ibs

Additional Notes: (If I may) Krad is what some would call a Jack-of-All-Trades. By sacrificing the ability to master any one skill, Krad gains stats must faster across the board. He levels up quickly in the beginning before reaching a steep hill towards the mid-levels, and then a wall just before upgrading to mastery level of any stat.

There be mah character. Hope it works out and I cant wait to get started. Btw, Hi @TheHangedMan. Fancy meeting you here lol
It looks pretty good but your image for your avatar isn't showing. Also it should be noted that stats will be earned in game as we play so right now, all skills/stats will start at 0 or non-existent. 

I'm going to start the game with the event causing everyone's game stats to be wiped so they have to earn them again. Although he could have that as a historic note instead of an actual current note.

ZephySempai

Hmm... that's weird. It shows up just fine for me. Even after you quoted it. I'll try and upload it to a diff host and see if that works better.

Oh, and no prob with the stats. Thanks for clearing that up with me, though I warn you: Krad will be insanely displeased to have to start off at Zero again xD He hates being a noob.

TheHangedOne

Hola, Zephy. I'm also having the same problem; it says that it's hosted on zerochan, and to "Use the share links provided instead!"

That makes sense, Moraline. Historically, then, when it comes to combat and stuff, 'Kruglov' was a ranged combat machine.
Check out my poet tree!

ZephySempai

Thar she blows. Uploaded on imageshack directly from my comp, so hopefully it works better this time. I also moved my previous note to the end of his history and added a new additional note in its place.

Moraline

Quote from: ZephySempai on July 09, 2013, 06:44:29 PM
Thar she blows. Uploaded on imageshack directly from my comp, so hopefully it works better this time. I also moved my previous note to the end of his history and added a new additional note in its place.
Thanks, I can see it now.

Totally 100% approved.

Quote from: ZephySempai on July 09, 2013, 06:37:33 PM
... Krad will be insanely displeased to have to start off at Zero again xD He hates being a noob.
That's awesome! That's exactly the type of reaction I'm hoping for.

SAO spoiler / slightly off topic
For those that watched SAO, they had all the player characters morph from looking like what they choose into digital lifelike versions of themselves. It was hilarious!  This is a bit like that but less embarrassing for some.

I'm actually a bit surprised that we don't have anyone playing a male in real life but being a female avatar in VGB. (or vice versa)

ZephySempai

That's what the forum is for. I couldn't image a guy making a girl for Elliquiy, and then go around making a guy for the RP. Seems like too much effort for me anyway, lol.

Moraline

I suppose although I think it would make for some good character development.

If anyone is interested in more of the Virtual Galaxy Beta world building process, I have a thread that I created for specifically that process. It might give some insights into the game that we are playing and spur some questions from you all. I just posted a section about VCoins, the virtual currency of VGB.

I'm using the thread over there as a sort of repository/drafting zone for more detailed information on the worlds.
Virtual Galaxy Beta (Open world building thread - click here)

TheHangedOne

So, here's a question: Will players in the game have their Vcoin totals reset to zero, too? Since they're losing skills and such, too.
Check out my poet tree!