Evermore

Started by GloomCookie, August 19, 2010, 02:52:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GloomCookie

EVERMORE
The Magic of Steel

In a world of steel and coursing electricity lies a magical place, a place where the world's strict laws bend and give away to the magic of witches and warlocks, who craft their own fantasy world to replace their cold, cruel world with one of adventure.  This world is known simply as Evermore.

Evermore is home to almost 20 million souls, each one blessed with magic and the power to craft illusions.  Elves, dwarves, centaur, vampires, and numerous other creatures roam the streets along with their normal humans, each on a quest for adventure, fame, and fun.

But the reality is starting to seep into Evermore.  Violence and crime are starting to become a serious problem.  The fun is starting to give way to fear, and the elders have made the decision that some of the best should be brought together to help restore peace to the land of Evermore.

Evermore is a modern/fantasy RPG focusing on the use of magic to fight crime.  There will be numerous magical spells available, and each player will be allowed to use up to eight points.  Each type of power has lower level powers, and spending points on them unlocks more advanced powers.  Enemies will be generated to provide a fun atmosphere and won't focus so much on gore and shock but rather just a general crime-fighting group.

NOTE: Level 4 powers affect everyone, regardless of intent, so you must be careful using these powers.  You may mix and match powers to your hearts content as long as you do not exceed 13 points.  If you choose a level 2 power such as Fireball (2 points), you must also get one such as Candle (1 point), costing you a total of 3 points.

Powers
Fire
Level 1
(1 point each)
Candle - A small flame from a person's digit.  Works just like a lighter or candle.
Warmth - Pure warmth from the user's own body is used for heat.  If used too often, can lead to hypothermia.
Level 2 (2 points each)
Fireball - A much larger flame than a candle, and can be thrown like a baseball.
Steam - Any small body of water less than a gallon can be used to create warm steam.
Level 3 (3 points each)
Combustion - Any volatile vapors within 20 feet can be ignited.
Heat Ray - Anything within line of sight can be heated up to 300 degrees.
Level 4 (4 points each)
Flamethrower - A steady stream of fire erupts from a person's hands and shoots up to 10 feet.
Heat Wave - Everything within 100 feet gets nice and toasty up to 300 degrees.

Water
Level 1

Mist - A fine spray of water erupts from a person's finger.
Ice Cube - Form a small ice cube in one's land.  Perfect for drinks.
Level 2
Water Balloon - A ball of water the size of a baseball forms, and can be thrown as such.
Ice Ball - Similar to a water balloon above, but instead a chunk of frozen ice.
Level 3
Rain Cloud - Small clouds form, raining gently down on an area roughly 20 feet across.
Frigidation - Anything within line of sight can be frozen to -40C
Level 4
Fire Hose - A heavy, powerful stream of water gushes from the user's arm.
Deep Freeze - Everything with 100 feet gets chilled to -40C

Air
Level 1

Breeze - A gentle breeze wafts through, enough to ruffle leaves.
Float - Perfect for stopping a fall, but not for moving around.
Level 2
Stiff Breeze - A stronger breeze, enough to start moving round objects.
Drift - Moving along at about 3MPH a few feet off the ground.
Level 3
Gust - Strong enough to blow a few things over.
Fly - Travelling along at 20MPH at a max of 100 feet
Level 4
Hurricane - Enough to cause serious property damage and hurt people
Jet - Travel at 100MPH up to 10,000 feet

Light
Level 1

Pen Light - Enough light to shine on something and read in the dark.
Pen Laser - A laser strong enough to play with a kitten.
Level 2
Flashlight - Shine a beam of light roughly equal to a flashlight around.
Shallow Laser - Cut fabric, paper, and other very thin, weak objects.
Level 3
Lantern - Illuminate an area roughly 20 feet across well enough to see in pitch darkness.
Cutting Laser - Cut through 1/4 metal and flesh.  Bone still needs some work.
Level 4
Sunlight - Illuminate everything within 100 feet as if it were noon.
Plasma Beam - Cut through anything within 100 feet as if it were butter under a torch.

Magnetism
Level 1

Fridge Magnet - You can now stick your hand to a fridge.  And move up to 5 pounds.
Radio Tuner - Make the radio go out and the TV if it uses that kind of signal.
Level 2
Magnetic Personality - Attract anything up to 50 pounds to you.
Faraday Cage - Blanket all EM signals within 20 feet.
Level 3
Bulletproof - Stop bullets and anything up to 500 pounds flying your way.
On Air - Create and distort any EM signal within 50 feet.
Level 4
MagLev - Lift up to 5,000 lbs. with just your powers.
EMP - Overload any electronic device within 100 feet.

Mental
Level 1

First Impressions - Get a general reading on someone's emotional state.
Paper Pusher - Push and pull items weighing up to 5 pounds around.
Level 2
Empathy - Get a vague idea of what someone's thinking.
Mental Handicap - Push, pull and raise items weighing up to 50 pounds.
Level 3
Polygraph - Read into most of their thoughts as they think them.
Weight Lifter - Push, pull and raise items weighing up to 500 pounds.
Level 4
Brain Scan - Really getting to know someone, from memories to current thoughts.
Power Lifting - Push, pull and raise items weighing up to 5,000 pounds.

Special/Reserved Powers (Requires GM approval, does not count towards your points spent above)
Spontaneous Combustion - Make someone instantly burst into flames and only stop when they are ashes.
Watery Grave - Create a ball of water around someone and fill with water, letting them drown.
Breath Stealer - Pull every last molecule of oxygen from someone's lungs and let them implode from the vacuum.
Starburst - Create a ball of pure energy that engulfs someone and literally fries them to death.
Steely Glare - Pull every ounce of iron from someone's blood and form a ball that shreds their insides into paste.
Obey - Make someone a living puppet for your twisted ideas, and they must obey.

Character sheets
Required
Name:
Species: (Elf, Dwarf, Human, Centaur, Vampire, Werewolf, Cyclops, Mermaid)
Powers:
Please use common sense when choosing a character's powers.  Mermaids tend to have water powers, while vampires tend to avoid light based powers.

Optional
Image:
Brief Bio:
Spouse:
Children:
General Description:
Animal Companion:

Example Character Sheet

Name: Sandra Graham
Species: Water Nymph
Powers: Rain Cloud (level 3) [Water Balloon & Mist]
               Frigidation (level 3) [Ice Ball & Ice Cube]
Animal Companion: Young blue water dragon named Splash
Bio: Born in Evermore, Sandra was given a human name after being adopted at a young age.  She was found with a young dragon named Splash, obviously bound together through their common powers of water.  Both grew up, with Splash keeping young Sandra company throughout her difficult teen years.  When she moved out on her own, she took to the water, growing crops underwater to sell to the city.  She was out one day to visit a friend, only to return to find her entire farm destroyed.  With nowhere to turn, she heard the call of the Evermore Defense League, and joined them to try and get back at the ones who ruined her livelihood.  That and Splash wanted to get out and eat someone.
My DeviantArt

Ons and Offs Updated 9 October 2022

orderNchaos

Name: Jeyna Reed
Species: Dhampir (Vampire hybrid)
Powers: Float (1pt), Drift (2pt), Fly (3pt), First Impression (1pt), Empathy (2pt), Polygraph, (3pt) 12 pts, 1 pt remaining
Please use common sense when choosing a character's powers.  Mermaids tend to have water powers, while vampires tend to avoid light based powers.

Optional
Image:
Brief Bio: Jeyna was born an orphan after her mother died during childbirth.  As a teenager she began to recognize a development of certain powers manifesting.  She spent most of her life in and out of Orphanages and on the streets fending for herself till one day she realized she could sense Vampires among her.  Realizing the reality of her existence, she dedicated herself to finding the Vampire who took her mother.
Spouse:
Children:
General Description:  Medium height, mild complexion with Scarlet red hair.  Years on the streets and fighting off thugs and vampires a like has given Jeyna the build and skills to fight with lethal agility.  Her vampiric genetic make up gives her mildly increased healing and a well sculpted body.  Jeyna generally wears her hair in a pony tail and wears a dark grey leather outfit which protects her from most claw attacks and some small knives.

GloomCookie

Welcome aboard orderNchaos

I'm gonna let one more person join before I get a thread going.  I love the picture, and I'd love any feedback you might have in the game :)
My DeviantArt

orderNchaos

Linna,

Hey thanks!  It's an interesting concept, and I have to admit I was hooked by the opening picture.  I look forward to seeing how things evolve but for now I like it.

Is this going to be a standard RP game, rules game, Adult game or what?

GloomCookie

It's gonna be kinda freeform, with everyone using their powers to try and restore order to the city.  Criminals will be NPCed, and some will be easy, others very difficult.  I'll try to keep things nice and balanced.  it's going to be adult because of the themes touched on, including rape, murder, etc.  but for the most part it'll be done off screen.
My DeviantArt

orderNchaos

Awesome, I can't wait to get things going!

Crovonovin

I'd love to be a part of something like this!  To you have a definite story arc in mind to lead the characters down, or are you taking the given concept and seeing where it goes?  If you need any help whatsoever with the former, I'd be happy to lend a hand. 

GloomCookie

Chapter I
Tenement Terror

Overview

1523 Rosewood Drive, once a nice part of town, has since become corrupted by poverty and drugs.  While there are still good people living here, there are definitely a few bad apples to spoil the barrel.  In the tenements, people try and make a living and feed their families.  But when a young dryad comes home to find several bodies mutilated and hacked into pieces, it's only the beginning of the terror.  For she has unwittingly become the fifth victim in this grizzly sacrifice to try and summon a daemon to bring death and destruction.  Well, it unfortunately succeeded.

Details

As the first chapter, this will be where most of the characters get introduced to one another.  Everyone will be coming together under the banner of the Evermore Defense League, which serves as a mix of police, investigations, and military force.  Everyone who joins is put into a team to investigate violations of the law and do whatever it takes to restore order.  No uniforms are needed, and weapons are strictly what each 'officer' wants to carry.  But each is given a small glyph stone, a special stone that taps into their own magical energy, and will signal when they are hurt, where they're needed, and to communicate with anyone with a glyph stone.

Also, new rules.  Officers are allowed an animal assistant.  They may choose from any animal that does not exceed over 6 feet in length (This includes dragons btw)
My DeviantArt

Xanatos

I am thoroughly interested in this. I was also curious, would it be possible to add Shadow powers or are you considering them evil for the purpose of this game? If you are, then no worries, forget I asked.

I assume, other races are free to use? Like Genasi (part elemental)?

GloomCookie

Quote from: Xanatos on August 19, 2010, 01:55:47 PM
I am thoroughly interested in this. I was also curious, would it be possible to add Shadow powers or are you considering them evil for the purpose of this game? If you are, then no worries, forget I asked.

I assume, other races are free to use? Like Genasi (part elemental)?

Hmm... if you can make me a list of shadow powers using the four levels plus one supreme power, I'll review and then if I like it, you can do it :)

And any fantasy race that has some portion of human mixed in is allowed.  You can be a sphinx, but you can't be a giant or a titan.  You can be a gnome, but you can't be a gryphon.
My DeviantArt

Xanatos

Thanks, I will get to work on the list then submit it.

Edit: Almost done with the list.

I also have a question about the powers. If I grabbed two level 3 powers does that mean I have to have two level 2 and two level 1 powers, or am I only required to have at least one level 1 power and one level 2 power to reach third level?

GloomCookie

Quote from: Xanatos on August 19, 2010, 02:14:48 PM
Thanks, I will get to work on the list then submit it.

Edit: Almost done with the list.

I also have a question about the powers. If I grabbed two level 3 powers does that mean I have to have two level 2 and two level 1 powers, or am I only required to have at least one level 1 power and one level 2 power to reach third level?

I'd prefer two powers to each level, but it's not an absolute requirement.  You'd be amazed how long it took me to come up with two for every single one.
My DeviantArt

Xanatos

Oh I think you misunderstood me, if I am understanding you... o.O lol. I meant when I am choosing powers for my character, not what to put on the list.

Well my list is done!

I think some powers might need tweaking before they can be accepted, maybe not, but more than likely. The last power, the Reserve one is probably too powerful, not sure. Just being able to outright kill someone is pretty godly; I also wasn't sure if the power should be kill or if it could also be utility (you will notice obvious utility in the description). As you will notice, even some of the higher level shadow powers I created are more utility based. The way I see shadow working is more subtle and lot less forceful, requiring the user to think instead of just blast (which for me makes a much more fun character.).

Shadow

Level 1
Dim – Allows for the dimming of any light source (excluding the sun); cannot erase, turn off, or eliminate light, only dim its brightness by one fourth its normal magnitude.
Veil – Can create a thin veil of shadow which conceals a person identify from afar, an objects identify from afar, and up close requires close examination to determine identity. (the veil is no bigger than a persons face)

Level 2
Shadow Cloud – A cloud, which can be thrown or placed, settles at the location chosen by sight and blocks vision in a ten foot radius. (basically equals to twenty feet in all directions based on the definition of radius)
Shadow Shock – Creates a dark blue tinged ball of shadow, size of a baseball which can be thrown; any hit feel like they were hit by a ball of ice and might begin to shiver.

Level 3
Shadow Sight – Allows the user to see through any shadow magic effects, as if they were looking through normal air.
As Silent as Shadow – You make absolutely no noise.

Level 4
Night – Everything within 100ft is covered in darkness, leaving anything in the radius blind.
Shadow Hopping – You can travel, as if teleporting, from shadow to shadow. Maximum range per 'hop' is 100 ft. Works at night too.

Reserve Power

Shadow Stalkers - All shadows within sight suddenly come alive to the will of the one using this power. The shadows can kill someone almost instantly if commanded to, can perform acts such as lifting/throwing objects of no more than 5,000 pounds, and do other tasks. These shadows can scale obstacles, such as buildings, to get at someone or thing.

GloomCookie

OMG awesome @.@ wow yes you can have the powers.  I won't even tweak them they is good.
My DeviantArt

Xanatos

Awesome, thank you. I was not expecting my powers to come through unscathed -laughs-. Well I am glad, thank you again. I will get my character sheet up, hopefully today; I do have a friend coming over soon, so might not.

What kind of guns are you going to allow? Only handguns, or can we get more exotic like automatic shotguns/.45 caliber automatic weapons?

GloomCookie

Quote from: Xanatos on August 19, 2010, 03:28:49 PM
Awesome, thank you. I was not expecting my powers to come through unscathed -laughs-. Well I am glad, thank you again. I will get my character sheet up, hopefully today; I do have a friend coming over soon, so might not.

What kind of guns are you going to allow? Only handguns, or can we get more exotic like automatic shotguns/.45 caliber automatic weapons?

You can have a semi-auto rifle or pistol at best.  Nothing automatic.  I'd prefer nothing bigger than 30-06.
My DeviantArt

Xanatos

Roger! I figured as much, automatic weapons can get downright nasty. Almost done with my character as well.

Xanatos

Here is my character, sorry its so long. I just need to figure out the caliber for her pistol and I think she should be complete unless you have any changes you want me to make.

Note on power: Since the Reserve Powers are by request only, I am requesting Shadow Stalkers. If you don't want me to have it, no worries.

Note on play style: As you can see by her powers and background, she is going to be stealth girl. I plan on playing a very subtle character, at least when she is fighting/on missions; she is not going to be a bruiser by any means, if anything she lacks in offensive capabilities when compared to others (I assume anyways). However, if I come up with a cool power/mundane combo, I might have her do some more overt things; but its not necessarily planned if it happens.

Name: Shalanar or Shalanara
Nicknames: Nara, Shal, Lana, Halan, Anara, Shadow, Shanae, Shan,
Species: Shanasi (Part Shadow Elemental)
Powers: Level 1 Dim, Level 2 Shadow Cloud, Level 3 As Silent as Shadow, Level 3 Shadow Sight, Level 4 Shadow Hopping, Reserved Power Shadow Stalkers

Appearance: Shalanar looks mostly Human (see pictures below), until she starts using her powers, which reveals her shadow elemental heritage; Her eyes turn a dark smokey black and her skin darkens to a dark gun metal color. Her hair remains unchanged. This affect lasts for several minutes after the use of her stronger powers. If she uses her level 2 or lower powers, only her eyes change and it lasts for a minute afterward.

No piercings, no frilly stuff, otherwise this is Shalanar

Personality: Shalanar is reserved when light is out, and much more open when its dark; though she can still be a bit reserved and sometimes creepy when darkness falls, especially when she is on a mission or whatnot, otherwise she is a fairly charming young lady.

Despite seeming like a bad guy or an anti-social kind of woman upon first look, Shalanar is quite the opposite. She likes to be around others, though does have a toned down loner streak on occasion, and she is far from bad or evil, though she has a strong sense of how to deal with bad guys; she believes that many times in order to ensure the safety of others, she has to kill the evil to keep it from coming back to do more harm. She does not like to kill but will do so to protect herself and others, especially if she sees it as the only option.

When among friends she can be outspoken at times, other times can be deathly silent, many times simply depending on her mood.

General Description: Shal always wears black, without exception; she always wears a hood to keep the sun at bay, and long sleeved shirts comboed with a duster length jacket. Her shadow heritage, although not really physically prominent, is strong in her and consciously and sub-consciously influences her in many ways, especially in how she looks and perceives the world. Her hair is an orange red, her eyes a medium brown.

Generally she puts out a neutral demeanor but sometimes is seen smiling or being in an overtly cheery mood. When around friends she is usually smiling and quite happy, and quite open.

Background: Her mother was human and her father a shadow elemental. She never knew her father as the chance meeting between her mother and father was just that, chance. Her father seduced her mother, unintentionally impregnated her and was never seen again. Her mother was not bitter over the encounter but does, at times, wish Shalanar could have grown up with a father figure. 

Shalanar grew up in the good areas of town even when the crime was rising, her mother never wanted Shal to be exposed to the bad side of things; but unfortunately for her she lost a friend under mysterious circumstances. The girls body was found in a part of town growing shadier by the month but the officers could find no cause for her death.

This single event did not lead her to join the Evermore defense but it was the beginning of it, which saw her become an officer hoping to make a difference in things.

After joining with the Evermore defense and becoming an officer she realized her talents as a stealth operative and requested training to make the best of her skills and learned how to handle weapons designed for stealth and efficiency.

She takes her job seriously which can lead some to think her a serious person, but that is generally an on the job thing only. Shal does not have desires to rise in the ranks though is unsure if she would pass up or accept any promotion given her; she would have to think it over long and hard.

Occupation: Officer of Evermore Defense; had no previous occupation though she had considered some form of computer technology degree.

Marital Status: Single

Items Carried at all Times: Everything on her person is hidden somewhere; Silenced Pistol 38 S&W special caliber (Hydra Shok round [hollow point, tungsten steel light armor piercing dart in center of round, copper jacketed, round]), Knife, Chloroform/rags to douse the chloroform on, (4) clips for pistol, (2) handcuffs, (2) anklecuffs.

Animal Companion

Name: Sliviri
Animal Type: Shadow serpent
Appearance: Looks like a long five foot snake, that is wholly black, its black eyes having a soft glossy look to them. Its girth is nearly one foot thick. It is relatively light for its size but still strong thanks to being solid muscle like all snakes.

Bio: Shalanar found Sliviri in a location having a strong connection to the Shadow. As she approached she saw Sliviri, and instantly felt a connection to him, and managed to tame him but more through their mutual connection than through actual skill at taming animals. Sliviri is quite loyal and content to be Shalanar's companion, finding the treatment it gets as nice.

Shalanar feeds him well and likes to pet him often. Sliviri generally stays wrapped around Shalanar and becomes nearly 'invisible' as he blends in with her black clothing, many only assuming him to be apart of her costume.

He can communicate to her, though only through a basic form; he cannot get across complex meanings. Its speech is through a mental capacity, that no one else can hear unless they can listen in through telepathy.  Example: “Person ahead”, “Room full of people”, “Danger ahead; form dragon”, “Room tall, wide, shadow covered.”, etc.

Sliviri's main form of attack is his bite or he can constrict foes that he sneaks up on, or if Shalanar throws or places him on someone.

Crovonovin

In progress.  Today's been busy and I can't seem to find the time to write it all up the way I'd like to!

Name: Arthur Baynes
Vigilante Alias: Pagan Priest
Species: Human
Powers (13 Points Used):

• Candle
  • Mist
  • Float
  • Pen Laser
  • Flashlight
  • Veil
  • First Impressions
  • Empathy
  • Polygraph

Companion:
Gregori: To call Arthur's stalwart pet an animal in the traditional sense would not only be a stretch of the definition, but blatantly inaccurate.  In its natural state it appears as a rather rotund, child-sized lump of gelatinous, microbial soup.  It has no static pigmentation, often shifting between various discomforting spectrums that can only be loosely defined as actual colors.  Staring at it too long tends to cause intense migraines, causing most people to simply ignore it for the sake of their mental health.  Gregori generally trails after Arthur only when called for, levitating about three feet from the ground by unknown means.

Gregori is  the residual mucous left behind after a failed attempt by a now defunct cult to call forth some blighted God from some damnable place best left ignored and sealed tightly.  Apparently lacking any sort of malignant intent or harmful aura, the strange little ball of ectoplasm bonded quite readily to Arthur like a baby duck to its mother.  Beyond levitation, Gregori is capable of shapeshifting and mimicking noises; Arthur first used these abilities to create the Pagan Priest persona, who would take the credit for cleaning up crimes and distract the police just long enough for Arthur to escape the scene.  Gregori is incapable of increasing his mass without first devouring a substantial amount of vegetable matter, making larger forms hollow to compensate. 

Notable Equipment:

The All-In-One Coat:  As much as he would prefer to avoid having to carry around so many heavy artifacts, armor, weapons, and other devices, Arthur also rigidly adheres to the time-honored tradition of being completely prepared for just about any scenario.  This is as much a flaw as it is a skill; one has to be especially paranoid and just a little bit crazy to spend days at a time devising strategies for scenarios that may never even become relevant. 

Enter the All-In-One Coat, Arthur's answer to that irritating storage problem.  Built first and foremost with defense in mind, the Coat has more than enough kevlar and metal plating to grant it the stopping power typically unique to a suit of armor, though without the leggings or headgear needed to provide total coverage. 

The interior is filled with enough pockets and hidden compartments that it can easily double as a portable armory, and has been efficiently categorized according to a system that only an Obsessive Compulsive could possibly make any sense of.  The mix of herbs and antidotes and wards leaves it with a somewhat potent, bitter smell when opened, but is mysteriously scentless when closed.  The pockets themselves, while deep, are not bottomless.  The sole enchantment granted to the All-In-One Coat is one that reduces the total weight of its contents by a full 150 pounds.

Smith & Wesson Model 29 (.50 caliber): Arthur's signature weapon, his mainstay, his Ace-in-the-Hole.  If the target needs to be taken down with lethal force, this is the first thing his itchy trigger finger shoots for.  Unmarked but lovingly maintained, it's a cold day in hell that 'ole Smith isn't found riding on his hip.  The revolver is configured for a very specific type of custom explosive-tipped and incendiary rounds, of which there are two distinct types.  The first is your standard fare, designed to blow as large a hole through a target as possible.  The second is far more specialized, composed of silver, cold iron, or mercury, and contain clove leaf, silver shavings and white oak suspended in holy water: for when he has no idea what the hell sort of creature he's actually shooting at.

Glock 22 (.40 S&W Cartridge): Standard police firearm.

Hand-held Crossbow/Stake-Launcher: Though originally created for the purpose of disabling vampiric creatures, Arthur has found that a three foot peg of sharpened wood to the chest works just as well against everyone else.

Pepper Gun: Outfitted with standard pepper spray cartridges, in addition to various mixtures of wolfsbane, rye grains, mistletoe, and mountain ash leaves.

Flash, Smoke, and Gas Grenades

*Various Knives: Typically Silver or Cold Iron, and occasionally given minor enchantments to simulate the effects of a taser. 
*Reinforced Wooden Bat: Purportedly carved from the trunk of a Hangman's Tree.  Extraordinarily durable.
*Crowbar: Typical, and not enchanted.  As useful for opening doors as it is for bashing heads. 
*Arthur has virtually no training with melee weapons, and is no match in a straight up brawl against a skilled close-range combatant.  His preference is mid-to-long ranges--and he is quite adept at staying out of arm's reach.

Brief Bio:
Arthur's younger years were about as uneventful as they could possibly be for someone living in Evermore.  Born to decidedly average parents and possessing only a modicum of magical talent, he certainly did not seem destined for greatness.  Even if you were to ask him now, he would hardly consider his current situation to be ideal.  He considers his formative years to be another life, distant memories now overshadowed by the events that took place later on.  A brittle foundation shattered by a hideous and intolerable revelation.

As for what that revelation was, he certainly doesn't seem ready to spout it off to any ear that's willing to listen.  What is known is that he's been working in fairly menial careers for the past 15 years or so, from manufacturing plants to apothecaries to blacksmiths and more.  Whether it was to learn the crafts or skim extra supplies off shipments on the side to fuel his own eventual vigilante career is up for debate.  Perhaps a little of both.

Occupation: Former Vigilante, now Officer of the Evermore Defense League
Spouse: Evangelyne Delacroix
Children:
Wanted for multiple counts of Kidnapping, Torture, Homicide, Cruelty to Animals, and Disturbing the Peace.
General Description/Personality:

LimitlessNikkie

Name: Astrid
Species: Elf
Powers: Level 1- First Impressions, Paper Pusher. Level 2-Empathy, Mental Handicap. Level 3-Polygraph. Level 4- Brain Scan. (requesting Obay aswell)
Brief Bio: Born into a comfortible family Astrid was a charished only child. She'd always been a little difrent, able to sence anothers general state of mind and what they were really feeling. It was assumed she was just extreamly perseptive because when she tried to use these powers they didn't seem to work.
At age 10 Astrid had the first major upset of her life, her mom died. it was opening a flood gate in Astrid and all of a sudden she could hear and feel everything from everyone. Her passive abilitys became not so passive but she had no control and the frist few days almost drove her insane just because of the mass overload of unwanted imformation.
She ran away and spent a year in the wild learning to control her abilities and thrilling with every new sucsess. During her time away her father though her dead as well. Her return was celibrated but only half as much as her reveiled talents. She only grew stronger and more controlled with age eventually learning to manipulated the world around her as well. Astrid became well known enough to be sought out to help the athorities when they were having trouble with someone. During her time growing up she learned to fight something her father insisted on once she started helping the athorities. She thrilled to it and became quiet skill though she doesn't like using guns and finds them distasteful.
Though she's been open about her powers few know the extent of them Astrid has found most people don't like the idea you can get into thier heads as easily as you can the person they want you to so she keep the extent of her abilities to herself.
Idems carried at all times: 6 knives in varying sizes, 4 small solid metal balls, a  pair of butterfly knives, a Mindy Stick, and a kusarigama.
Spouse: none
Children: none
General Description: Generally quiet due to her always listening Astrid expects people to listen when she speaks. She is always serious and is generally calm, but like any red head she has a hell of a temper when provoked. She generally wears simple clothing black shorts and a tank top of verying colors usually in a dark hue.

Animal Companion:

Name: Akara
Animal: jaguar
Quick Bio: Found by Astrid in the wild. She was hurt and Astrid nursed her back to health winning the afection of the animal they stayed together for that time period and when Astrid chose to go home Akara chose to go with her. They are constant companions now. Akara is still very much a wild animal, she still hunts and will attack anyone she thinks is threatening Astrid. She is extreamly protective and loyal. Astrid had taught Akara to understand most comands though Akara choses to ignore most and Astrid cand read Akara's mind with ease because of its familiarity.

GloomCookie

I absolutely adore all the profiles I've seen so far.  Everyone's good to go, and I think Astrid, you can have Obey.  Xanatos, if you don't mind, I'd like to put yours on hold for the time being, due to you only being a half-elemental.  Depending on how the RP goes, when I give everyone points to spend at the end, you can get your reserve power, k?  Ok, I'm gonna set us up a thread and off we go!
My DeviantArt

Xanatos

That's fine. What do you mean by end? The end of one plot before going into another?

JadeCore

Edited into future post. Gasp! Time travel!

GloomCookie

Quote from: Xanatos on August 20, 2010, 12:24:51 AM
That's fine. What do you mean by end? The end of one plot before going into another?

Yup yup.  One chapter ends, another begins.  At the end, participants get points to spend on powers, and we can let new people jump into a new game without getting swamped by backstory.

By the way, Chapter I is up!

Um... Jade sweetie.  This is a more magical setting than sci-fi/futuristic.  I can't approve of your character as she is.  Please make her more magical, and less technological, k sweetie?
My DeviantArt

JadeCore

Quote from: Linna on August 20, 2010, 12:39:03 AM
Yup yup.  One chapter ends, another begins.  At the end, participants get points to spend on powers, and we can let new people jump into a new game without getting swamped by backstory.

By the way, Chapter I is up!

Um... Jade sweetie.  This is a more magical setting than sci-fi/futuristic.  I can't approve of your character as she is.  Please make her more magical, and less technological, k sweetie?

Yes ma'am.