[Pathfinder] The Legacy of Auronorex [Recruitment Thread]

Started by Ghostwheel, May 07, 2015, 10:10:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghostwheel

Being as it's still 4 days before cutoff date and I haven't locked the thread yet, I'd say so ;D

Foxfyr

Count me interested. I'm thinking of submitting an alchemist, should have him up sometime today.

Callie Del Noire

You okay for me swapping spell focus for scribe scroll? As my bonus feat?

Ghostwheel

As long as you can find a Paizo archetype that does so, sure ^_^

Pockets

Name: Emeric Kessel
Race: Human
Class(es): Alchemist (Vivisectionist) 7/Rogue 3/ Master Chymist 1

Concept: Emeric is a slice of Robin Hood meets Daredevil meets Batman. Emeric is a young man who likes getting paid for the work that he does but he likes to know his money is clean. His code of conduct won’t allow him to steal from those in need and he won’t harm those who don’t warrant it. He’s not above killing people to see things done but there has to be a reason for the killing. The fact that he likes his toys only helps him do his job. He likes to be resourceful and think outside the box.
08/02 - New A/A Update

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Ghostwheel on May 10, 2015, 08:39:46 AM
As long as you can find a Paizo archetype that does so, sure ^_^

Shame it's the substitute feature for PFS play. No crafting so wizards get spell focus @ 1st and alchemists get extra bombs instead.

Name: Cindrana Longpath, Venture Captain, Lady of the Rods, Runekiller
Class: Wizard (Admixture) 11
Character Sheet
still in work

Born to a mixed couple (Varisinan trader mother, Chellish noble father) in Korvosa, Cindrana was on the quick path to power at the Korvosan Academea when her father's tainted legacy came up. Her transformation into a tiefling at 15 led to several things. Her expulsion, the excuse being her being out for nearly a year, and the fact her father disowned her. She reunited with her Varisan family and eventually joined the Pathfinder Society. Decades later, now a Venture Captain(at large) so is looking for leverage and money to set up a Pathfinder Lodge in Korvosa.

Ghostwheel

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on May 10, 2015, 08:41:12 AM
Shame it's the substitute feature for PFS play.

This point is salient. Ask me in a day or two while I think about it, and I'll give you a more measured response after I sleep on it.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Ghostwheel on May 10, 2015, 09:19:04 AM
This point is salient. Ask me in a day or two while I think about it, and I'll give you a more measured response after I sleep on it.

Fair enough fair enough. I'll build her with scribing for now.

Ghostwheel

Quick note, I've been asked about party roles and such and wanted to clarify: while I do care about party roles, I don't really care about the traditional healbot/sneak/tank/magic user, but I do care about anvil/hammer/arm, so keep that in mind. See my signature for more details on these.

Callie Del Noire

Hmm Cindrana is most assuredly a hammer. But she can shield a bit too. (Spells like Air Bubble, Wind wall and such are the reason her group of 11th level pcs got to kill a 17th level Runelord. She helped keep them alive long enough for the beat sticks to kill him. ;))

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Loki Aesir on May 10, 2015, 07:44:19 AM
Count me interested. I'm thinking of submitting an alchemist, should have him up sometime today.

If you have access to it.. check out the Grenadier.. it's an awesome archetype for Alchemist. :D

I play a few in PFS..and they are lots of fun. The Alchemy Manual really did a lot to fill out the class. Instant Alchemy looks fun (haven't tried it yet)

Blinkin

Question.

Would you accept a slight alteration to a magical item?

Example, instead of a belt of dexterity (Forget the verb in the name)

Will you allow bracers of dexterity instead?
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Ghostwheel

Blinkin

Quote from: Ghostwheel on May 10, 2015, 10:26:02 AM
At the price of +50% to the cost, yes.

Can you give me a reason why it would be a 50% increase for the same creation process?
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Ghostwheel

Are you looking for a rules reason, a flavor reason, or a reason reason?

Blinkin

Oh boy, multiple choice... Ummm.... Any of the above works. I was just curious if there was a rationale behind it.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Ghostwheel

I'll give you the rules reason then. Because normally it's impossible to do so, but it costs +50% to stack it with another enhancement, so I'll take that guideline and use it. To be slotless, it's +100% cost, but I won't go that far.

Blinkin

Oh, I wasn't going to stack, I just wanted to put something else in the belt slot but wanted the dex mod too. But, thanks for the answer; as usual, the rules on magic items always confuses the hell out of me.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Kimmy

Name: Terra Fireheart
Race: Unknown. We can figure that out later. Human or Planetouched are appropriate but the dark winged Strix might also be a suitable base.
Class: Paladin, maybe with a template or prestige class to reflect her story.
Character image, SFW

Concept: A passionate women, Terra has always been a caring, brave & obedient paladin. Early on her church faced a demonette - but could not surpass the immortal evil. Instead they bound the succubi within Terra's skin - trapping the evil as a living tattoo that shifts about Terra's body. Terra's obedient, caring nature might redeem the darkness - though she too must surpass the dark temptations encoiled within her soul. Strong willed, even a Paladin can't deny themselves the simple pleasures. Thus the demon plays upon these desires, opening new pleasures & drawing wealth, oppurtunity & new experiences into Terra's life. But Terra too delves into the darkness, giving love & compassion within the darkness that for so long has been untouched by the light.
Of course, other beings could have noticed the pair - many taking offense. But a few might ponder, wondering what could be made from entwined souls of light & dark...
Posting rate: Moderate       Currently Chasing: Playful, Romance & Something Rough.
A&A           RL Issues: Some Insomnia.
Offsite RP's: 2 online + 1 RL. Currently Craving: Romance and just a touch of something darker...

Foxfyr

As a point of information; I will be on vacation from the 22nd-31st of this month and won't have the ability to post during that time.  Apart from that, I will have no problem making the posting quota.

Name: Elrohir Anarion
Race: Elf
Class(es): Alchemist (Trap Breaker)
Character Sheet

Concept: Elrohir’s thirst for knowledge is insatiable and is most pronounced in his reckless curiosity towards the arcane and mechanics.  A hazardous tendency when combined with his alchemy lab when so many of his experimental concoctions become unstable, often times explosively; which has quickly taught him to be quick on his feet at avoiding such volatile situations.  In truth, he is more than glad to exchange a few hairs on his head or the ability to smell temporarily to see such marvelous reactions.  It is the sort of gnomish obsession that has made him infamous among his companions in their knowing to keep a safe distance both when he is dabbling at his craft as well as when he is in the mood to talk, at great length, about his discoveries.

Build Details

Base Stats: 14, 16, 12, 15, 12, 9

Magical Gear:
+2 Longbow - 8300gp
+2 Mithral Chain Shirt of Light Fortification - 10100gp
Bracers of Facon's Aim - 4000gp
Belt of Dex +4 - 16000gp
Headband of Int +4 - 16000gp
Efficient Quiver - 1800gp
Boots of Striding and Springing - 5500gp
Cloak of Resistance +3 - 9000gp
Ring of Protection +2 - 8000gp
Handy Haversack - 2000gp
4th level scroll - 700gp

Ghostwheel

Feel free to add charsheets if you want (will help me decide), but it isn't mandatory.

Foxfyr

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on May 10, 2015, 09:49:57 AM
If you have access to it.. check out the Grenadier.. it's an awesome archetype for Alchemist. :D

I play a few in PFS..and they are lots of fun. The Alchemy Manual really did a lot to fill out the class. Instant Alchemy looks fun (haven't tried it yet)

I was considering it for a bit, but decided to go with trap breaker. Between focused shot and bullseye shot, the move action was far better spent dishing out the hurt with explosive missiles. :-)

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Loki Aesir on May 10, 2015, 04:09:40 PM
I was considering it for a bit, but decided to go with trap breaker. Between focused shot and bullseye shot, the move action was far better spent dishing out the hurt with explosive missiles. :-)

I dunno. Runt does good with Str muta. Bulls strength,me large person and a guider full of large durable arrows. The Alchemical weapon infusing ability is awesome for debilitating things. Ghast Retch, 3 rounds of sickened, Tanglefoot you're looking at 2d4 rounds of penalties unless you waste an action on getting free.

Trap breaker has some awesome tricks too

Autocad

Quote from: Ghostwheel on May 09, 2015, 03:17:24 AM
Unfortunately, a quick google search gave me no definite answers to that question. Throw up a post on DSP's forum (I'm sure they've got one), and we'll abide with whatever they say :-)

Can we make a large weapon with the Emulate Melee Weapon bladeskill?

Ghostwheel