The Hunt for Damien Nightstrider(DnD 3.5 High to Epic Level)[Currently Full]

Started by Mystic Dragon, February 18, 2009, 06:16:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mnemaxa

Quote from: Myrleena on March 05, 2009, 02:13:11 PM
I completely understand the jobhunting bit, as I'm doing the same. >.<  I'll keep harassing ShamshielDF to complete her character, as she's been delaying quite a bit, trying to veg out from too much work.  She'll probably be done tonight, but we'll see how things go.

Bear in mind, all you need to do is have her ask for help, and there are a few people who will willingly do so, myself being one of them.

The Well of my Dreams is Poisoned; I draw off the Poison, which becomes the Ink of my Authorship, the Paint upon my Brush.

Myrleena

Oh, she's mostly done.  We live together and I've been her GM for...two and a half years now?  She's got most of her character, it's just equipment and such now.  That and she's usually working until late.  Now her character history on the other hand...well, at least her character is my character's daughter.  That simplifies a little.

Cuffs

Hmmm...Mnemaxa, since you have most of these books, and a much better internet connection than mine, would you mind taking on a couple of these character sheets for review?  I've got Nero and Daken done, Samantha basically done, I just need to PM them with details when I have the time.  I know too little about Sodom the destroyer's class to check that one appropriately.  And then Zaer and his cohort haven't been checked at all, yet.
Sorry for being unable to complete these as quickly as I'd hoped. ><.  Gimme a few days, and my schedule should clear up a bit.
Zombie Bunnies:  Terrible...Hideous...Fluffy...

FYI: I've been gone for a while...so please, don't be surprised if I don't remember something...

Ons/Offs (New and Improved)

A/A(Temporary)

Mnemaxa

So, you need Sodom, Jerek, and his cohort Zena checked, correct? 

I'll give them a going over tonight - but it will have to be after i get home, as I haven't my books with me at work. :P  They'll be thoroughly checked over by the end of the night.

The Well of my Dreams is Poisoned; I draw off the Poison, which becomes the Ink of my Authorship, the Paint upon my Brush.

Cuffs

Indeed, you have that correct, though I'm surprised you don't have a drawer full of pocket sized books. >.> Thanks so much, Mnm.  I should be completely done with the others within the next 24 hours.  Here's to a great game, all.

FYI: I've been gone for a while...so please, don't be surprised if I don't remember something...

A/A(Temporary)

Myrleena

Heh, well, here's to my first time playing a Summoner.  I've usually refused to think about it since they seem so...useless most of the time.  The Malconvoker just makes it soooo worthwhile to summon demons and devils.  I'm looking forward to it everyone!

ShamshielDF

*Crawls out of the labyrinth she calls work and finishes the last bits of her character*

Um...it's been a while since I've built a character starting at higher level, so hopefully this isn't too bad...Myrleena's been helping me to sort everything out >.<

Firanwyn!

I'm working on a history for her, but its not ready quite yet...Yes, she is her mother's hellspawned offspring, but she likes to play her mothers..."special friend"...
Ons and offs!
President of the CharlieSariel fanclub ^_^
A&A

Cuffs

Well, I just realized that PP's Nemo and Sunday's Nero are two diff chars.  I'm about to finish up NERO right now.  And Shamshiel's char is ready now.  I won't be able to do anymore tonight, but tomorrow evening is starting to look up.  See what I can knock out then. :)

A/A(Temporary)

Sunday

lol. I totally knew someone would get confused. curse my inability to rename him xD

Mystic Dragon

Ok Guys! As I suspected, my jobhunting sucked my day up yesterday, but I got a very good lead that I'm currently pursuing.

I am going to start things moving later today. I'll post links on where I want various groups to go for the intro. I'm also setting up a thread that's Lethe's office- post in there by invitation only, and if you read in there when you aren't invited, that info is Out Of Character and if I see plans spun with such information, I'll probably make you backtrack. I'd still rather do that then have the information done on IRC so that we have a complete record of the game.

I'm very much looking forward to this, so get ready to start ;D
"Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici"
"In our world, all the Redheads have chainsaws"
"Nightmares never last. One day you wake up and they're gone"

Mystic Dragon

Ok, I have the Game threads set up. All players who have signed contracts please proceed to the main area, while all others proceed to Lethe's office for a special meeting.

Main Game Thread
Lethe's Office
OOC Thread
"Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici"
"In our world, all the Redheads have chainsaws"
"Nightmares never last. One day you wake up and they're gone"

PhantomPistoleer

Heyas!  I think I'll be bowing out of the game.  Actually, I know I will be.

Thanks for your time!
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

ShamshielDF

After a week of pure joy at work (really!) I managed to finish the character history for Firanwyn.  Well...she managed to finish her history.

==================

To say that my life growing up was awkward would be deceiving...My mother (Xulauniir) made certain that awkward was the least of my concerns!

Where most girls grow up, imagining a life filled with tedium and drollery, being born with dark hued skin, large (beautiful!) wings and a tail does rather make one stand out.  Hence my mother (Letrias, not Xuli) taught me early on how to use part of my nature to hide it.  I understand that most people kind of get...weirded out, and sometimes even violent about the whole demonic heritage thing, but its not really like it was my fault, right?  I mean...I didn't decide to be born that way!  Besides, Letri isn't around very often, only when mom calls her from her home.  I haven't had a chance to visit there yet, but I want to, eventually.

So...anyway...wings, tail, two beautiful mothers, what more could a little girl want?  Playmates!  Mom (Xuli) loved to call forth all sorts of things when I got bored.  Most of them didn't stay around very long, and seldom came back twice, but they were interesting and I got to see all sorts of things that most people my age haven't even heard of.  Hell-touched reptiles, devils, demons, animals, all sorts of things to play with.

As soon as I was of an age that I could do things on my own (even though mom tended to be more lenient than most elves on age I still couldn't do much until I was 40!  How mean is that!) I started training to help mom with her travels.  Yeah, her summoned pets helped with a lot of things, but I like to stay close to her, and she would really only let me tag along if I could do something to help.  I tried everything that I could think of to convince her to let me go with, but she seemed worried that something would happen to me.

Mom (Letri) gave me some ideas on how to...sway mom (Xuli).  I may not be mundane, but even I was a bit antsy about some of her suggestions, but I was young and, well...part of me wanted to know if I could pull it off.  So, one day I made myself up as a foreign elven traveler in town, stopping at one of her favorite taverns.  Knowing mom (Xuli) it didn't take much before she umm..."seduced" me.  It was really...um...memorable?

What am I saying?  Xulauniir is a fantastic lover and didn't let me sleep until well into the late of the night.  She seemed to feed on my naivety and push further and further.

The morning after was memorable, too.  Apparently, I had held my normal elven form so much that I just...reflexively reverted to it in my sleep.  You think that parents are less than understanding when you damage the cart or farm equipment?  You have no idea.  Eventually mom (Letri) managed to calm her down, but for a while there, well...I laugh about it now (so does she) but at the time I was half afraid that mom (Xuli) was going to send me to mom's (Letri's) home the...quick and painful way.

Letri has a way with words.  I'm still not entirely sure what it was she said to Xuli, but mom seemed...okay with things after that.  And we started to have a much closer relationship than just mother/daughter.

Shortly after that I was permitted to join the guild with her.  Not as her daughter, of course, but as a companion.  It was through them that I started my training.  I did have to train other places to master some of my skills, but my start came from the guild.  I suppose that's part of the reason why I am where I am now...An offer came through for a job and, well...the money was just too good for us to pass up.  To think of all the things that we could do with that kind of funding.  The research...equipment...toys!
Ons and offs!
President of the CharlieSariel fanclub ^_^
A&A

Cuffs

Wow.  Surprising twist, to be sure, but awesome job.  I look forward to writing with you as well!

A/A(Temporary)

Mnemaxa

Jarek and Zana have no glaring inconsistencies or over the top abilities or combos that I can find.    Jarek needs to note which manuvers he has ready. ^_^

Sodom is no longer playing, which is a pity.  Are you sure you won't reconsider Phantom Pistoleer?

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, funny part of Crusader tough is that we ready very few maneuvers and then randomly shuffle trough our maneuver table new ones after all possible maneuvers have came in trough 'divine inspiration'. I like the random factor of the crusader in that sense.

Mnemaxa

True, but the GM needs to know which ones you DO have ready so he can randomize the ones granted to you for you. ^_^

Cuffs

Sweetness.  SOrry all, internet was down hard last night, so I wasn't able to get back in.  Everything seems ready, save for Phantom, if he does decide to stay in.  *Grins and rubs hands together*  Sweetness.

A/A(Temporary)