News:

Main Menu

Name my demon!

Started by Kimmy, May 28, 2015, 09:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kimmy

g'day folks, I have a role playing conundrum! I have a character with a demon bound into their skin. Now at the moment this demon is mostly fluff and flavour, a backstory you can talk too and occasionally hear talk back. Their visualised as a set of shifting, living tattoos on her skin. But they need a name. my character is a raven like humanoid with black feather wings called a Terra. She's a paladin in a D&D game. The demons is trying to teach Terra to indulge and enjoy life- as a means to temptation and well, live a more interesting path than the usual strict paladin. so terra tends to be a light hearted, playful personality that enjoys all the simple pleasures in life. Falling rain and jumping in puddles, the wind in her feathers, good food and good company. :)

Anyway, if you have suggestions for Demonic names post them here. suggestions, lists, themes, generators, naming conventions, impossible to pronounce thingies and more- I want to hear it all!

Thankies in advance,
Kimmy
Posting rate: Moderate       Currently Chasing: Playful, Romance & Something Rough.
A&A           RL Issues: Some Insomnia.
Offsite RP's: 2 online + 1 RL. Currently Craving: Romance and just a touch of something darker...

Warlock

''Heed my words, I bring good tidings, Paladin of Light and Goodness. I am a Warlock of the Seventh Sanctum, offering you to freely use our library filled with ancient tomes and scrolls, so you may identify the evil spirit who infects and corrupts your physical body.''

Within the west wing, you'll find the names of both the heavenly host and demonic spirits. Their names carry power and I suggest you do not speak them out loud, for both the divine and abyssal beings may heed your call and manifest before you. I can not promise your safety should you do so.

Perhaps your...hmm...companion is of an otherworldly nature, beyond the realms of good and evil. Then the astronomy tower is your destination. Our ocular telescope can read the stars and their movements, telling us a great many things of the future and past and the name of your spirit may also be hidden there. The mesmerizing dark abyss of space may leave you changed, even insane, if you gaze into for too long, so be careful, young Paladin there's still much you need to do before you call.

Rember, knowledge always comes with a price so be prepared for the challenges to come.

Kimmy

Thank you Warlock. So far the only generated name I like is "Salesael" but I definitely have my fill of unpronounceable names now. And well, your beautful flair of imagination has been a delight upon my soul tonight.

Thankies!

(Still totally looking for more suggestions! Post away people!)
Posting rate: Moderate       Currently Chasing: Playful, Romance & Something Rough.
A&A           RL Issues: Some Insomnia.
Offsite RP's: 2 online + 1 RL. Currently Craving: Romance and just a touch of something darker...

AEvum

Hariti. She was a demon who redeemed herself and became the goddess of childbirth in Buddhism.

Oniya

In a similar vein, the peri from Persian mythology was also an evil spirit that was later redeemed.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17