In Need of Mentor Assistance please

Started by Divine Brutality, May 01, 2013, 11:45:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Divine Brutality

I have not yet been approved so I've spent some time reading other role plays and posts that people will discuss plots in etc. I've come across a lot of acronyms used that I don't understand. The one I can remember off the top of my head is " CoC". I was wondering if someone could give me a list of the most used terminology and what they mean or maybe a link to a site I can use to research. Thanks so much in advance.

Oniya

I don't know that there are that many that are peculiar to Elliquiy (other than O/O's = Ons and Offs, and A/A's = Apologies and Absences).

I happen to know that CoC is an abbreviation for Corruption of Champions, which is a transformation-based adult game. 
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Meliai

Ah, that one isn't actually normal site terminology. CoC most likely referred to Corruption of Champions, a text based game you should be able to find with a quick google search (it's very, very NSFW though!) There have been a few recruitment threads recently for games based on it to varying degrees.

These are the content tags Ell uses:

Quote[NA] : Non-adult, no sexual scenes or ones that fade to black.

[VAN] : Light consensual sexual scenes, between humans or near-humans

[VAN-E] : Light consensual sexual scenes, between non-humans

[BON] : Bondage and light S&M

[BON-E] : Bondage and light S&M involving non-human encounters

[NC-H] : Non-consensual involving humans or near humans

[NC-E] : Non-consensual involving non-human creatures

[EX] : Gore, bestiality, snuff, mutilation, very heavy S&M

[UN] : If you are undecided or unsure which direction the story will go
    {{A/As updated 5/8}}           

Divine Brutality

Quote from: Oniya on May 01, 2013, 11:49:37 PM
I don't know that there are that many that are peculiar to Elliquiy (other than O/O's = Ons and Offs, and A/A's = Apologies and Absences).

I happen to know that CoC is an abbreviation for Corruption of Champions, which is a transformation-based adult game.
I'm starting to feel incredibly stupid. I don't understand what transformation-based means. Is that something relevant only to E or is this something most RPers should know?

Meliai

Transformation, in this context, generally means altering a character's body in some way, usually using magic or mad science of some kind.
    {{A/As updated 5/8}}           

Divine Brutality

Quote from: Meliai on May 01, 2013, 11:51:09 PM
Ah, that one isn't actually normal site terminology. CoC most likely referred to Corruption of Champions, a text based game you should be able to find with a quick google search (it's very, very NSFW though!) There have been a few recruitment threads recently for games based on it to varying degrees.

These are the content tags Ell uses:

What is NSFW? What is snuff?

Oniya

NSFW = Not Safe For Work i.e., very explicit.

Snuff = stories based around character death, frequently with an erotic tone.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Divine Brutality

Quote from: Oniya on May 01, 2013, 11:56:24 PM
NSFW = Not Safe For Work i.e., very explicit.

Snuff = stories based around character death, frequently with an erotic tone.

okay, makes sense. Do you happen to know what smutt is? I've seen that term used also. Almost sounds like snuff

Oniya

Smut is usually used to refer to stories that are mostly sex with little plot, but it can be used to refer to the sexual content of any story.

Divine Brutality

Quote from: Oniya on May 02, 2013, 12:00:18 AM
Smut is usually used to refer to stories that are mostly sex with little plot, but it can be used to refer to the sexual content of any story.

Okay, this has helped me a great deal. Thank you

Nico

Quote from: Divine Brutality on May 01, 2013, 11:52:56 PM
I'm starting to feel incredibly stupid. I don't understand what transformation-based means. Is that something relevant only to E or is this something most RPers should know?
Don't feel stupid darling. :-) It's something RP related, and, trust me, I am here for almost four years, and I don't know all of the terms. ~laughs~ It just happens, and there's nothing wrong with that. :-)

Branwen

Quote from: Nicholas on May 02, 2013, 12:10:59 AM
Don't feel stupid darling. :-) It's something RP related, and, trust me, I am here for almost four years, and I don't know all of the terms. ~laughs~ It just happens, and there's nothing wrong with that. :-)
Echoing what Nicholas said.  Asking questions when you want to understand something is not stupid; it's the exact opposite.  It also takes a lot of courage especially if you're naturally reluctant to speak up.  Good job.

Elina

I was 36 when I joined E and remember being completely floored about how much I didn't know.  I found, though, that looking up definitions for everything on google would answer almost all of my questions.  And if you type in the word definition with your search query, you'll actually get an answer instead of just naughty stuff.  And of course, you want safe search on to filter things if you are on a computer others use.

Beguile's Mistress

Quote from: Branwen on May 02, 2013, 06:25:39 AM
Echoing what Nicholas said.  Asking questions when you want to understand something is not stupid; it's the exact opposite.  It also takes a lot of courage especially if you're naturally reluctant to speak up.  Good job.

You got da guts and that helps others a lot too.  I'm still learning like a lot of others are.  I still have to Google MMORPG because I forget what the letters stand for. ;D  But if you ask the question others can read the thread and learn something too and they will bless your name unto the seventh generation. ;D

Tharic

We should probably compile all of this info together into a sticky..

Divine Brutality

Quote from: Tharic on May 02, 2013, 01:55:32 PM
We should probably compile all of this info together into a sticky..

That would be heavenly!

Sindra

Hello Divine Brutality,

There have been times that I have had to look up various meanings and have found that the link below is helpful.  The Urban Dictionary has a lot of slang terms used as well as many acronyms. 

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=this%20website

I hope this helps some!
Sindra

Divine Brutality

Quote from: Sindra on May 03, 2013, 12:03:51 AM
Hello Divine Brutality,

There have been times that I have had to look up various meanings and have found that the link below is helpful.  The Urban Dictionary has a lot of slang terms used as well as many acronyms. 

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=this%20website

I hope this helps some!
Sindra

Thank you!! I must say, very lovely picture.

Sindra

Quote from: Divine Brutality on May 03, 2013, 12:17:52 AM
Thank you!! I must say, very lovely picture.

You're most welcome!  Glad to help :).

Thanks for the compliment.

~Sindra

Scott

What does GFY mean? I get told that alot.

Sarena

Hmm, according to the Urban dictionary, it could either mean "good for you" or "go 'f' yourself".    Had to Google it, but there you go!
I can go from southern belle to ghetto thug faster than you can say "Bless your heart".

Oniya

I'm hoping it's the interpretation 'Good For You', especially if it's on E. 

Scott

Sarena

I think it depends on the context of the conversation; though, I certainly hope no one is telling you to 'go f yourself' Scott!  Especially on E.  I can't even imagine a context in which that would be a joke, either.  :-\
I can go from southern belle to ghetto thug faster than you can say "Bless your heart".

hammerhead909

Hello
1st hour in here and I don't know where anything is.I think I am supposed to answer some questions but not sure if I am supposed to just post my answers right here or if there is an actual questionnaire and I just fill in answers or if I should put questions and answers within a separate post like this which I doubt.
Any direction from anywhere from anyone on what process is to complete questionnaire would be appreciated.
Thank you