Lost on an alien world-female for male

Started by LittleKitten, June 09, 2017, 08:23:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LittleKitten

Please allow me to start by apologizing, I'm typing this via my phone and as such I'm slightly worried about the quality. I do tend to miss the occasional typos when I'm on my phone. Unfortunately my voice to text and screen-to type- are neither very reliable.

I'm picturing a human astronaut landing on a very alien world. Nothing is quite like he expects the, and he wasn't even expecting to find life in this section of the Galaxy. He's an Explorer, send out to find new worlds. He's looking for worlds for the humans to terraform, with the secondary objective of finding alien life forms.

The gravity on this planet was stronger than expected, and it pulls his ship in. He crash-lands, his ship totaled and is greeted by a very cautious and scared catlike girl. She eventually be friends him, and takes him to the Elders of her tribe.

The world I'm picturing is one that humans have visited before. A small group of humans landed on this planet, and started to terraform it. They got the oxygen and gravity to human standards and built cities. However, something happened that was the human's fault. The humans end up being wiped out, leaving only the native cat people.

Much of what happened has been lost, and only Legends remain. However the human places, the cities are strictly off-limits.

The Society of the natives is segregated. The males live in one section, and the females and another. They only come together when it's the time of mating. The rest of the time they are separate, and can be aggressive if forced together.

Now, obviously the plot has some work that needs to be done. But I figured the overall theme could be him fixing his ship to get home and dealing with the dangers of a new and alien planet. We could also have him take my character with him when he leaves. He could show the Galaxy that alien life does exist comma in a semi civilized state.

My character civilization would be Bronze Age roughly, with a few all those modern advancements based on human relics. For instance they use bronze or iron knives, but have electricity. The electrical grid is maintained by automated robot, but it's been going out as those robots become in need of repair and there is no one there to fix them.

If you are interested please PM me and I can go over the world some more