Looking For Writing Partners For Long Term Stories (Updated 1/24/20)

Started by Aislinn, February 11, 2013, 01:58:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aislinn

Welcome to my humble musings thread! Please put your feet up and get comfy....

I'm looking for partners to write one on one in various settings. I will freely admit that I am not strong in the 'idea' department but I've made a few attempts below. It's just never been my strong suit. Once I'm given an idea, the muse starts flowing more freely and I can help someone flesh it out. I love people that come to me with an idea and allow me to help them flesh it out! Seriously...I love those type of partners. Some people have the gift of imagination and some need to be prodded into it. I'm the latter. Ask me for an idea and more than likely I will take forever coming up with one. Come to me with an idea and my mind is yours.

I enjoy writing female adventure-type characters with various types of weapons training. I have pretty strong skills in writing combat and would enjoy finding someone whose interested in writing adventures. Of course, there is the possibility that over time, the stories could turn towards a more romantic theme and that's okay as long as it suits the story and isn't two posts into it. That being said, I can write just about any character you can envision. The only type of character I have trouble writing are ones that delve way too deeply into criminal elements. I can write the heart of gold, fun thief....but murderer is taking it too far.

I am extremely adaptable to most ideas. There will be some that don't appeal to me. Nothing personal...but if it's something I'm not interested in, I will be a horrible writing partner.

I've been writing for over 20 years in this capacity and am capable of writing long, detailed posts. I do have standards when it comes to writing partners so I'm asking for only serious people interested in maintaining a long-term role play to contact me. I encourage prospective partners to take a look at my current work.  My reply rate will vary with the seasons but generally, I try to get in a few replies a week...or perhaps more if I'm moving faster. I never take on more stories than I can handle and try to stick with a small amount so that I don't burn myself out again. The length of posts is tailored towards my writing partner but it is safe to say that I refuse to write anything close to a few lines. The least I would feel comfortable writing would be around 400 words per reply but I've been known to do +2,000 word replies as well.

Speaking of interests, mine are varying and wide-spread. I think I can safely say the only thing I wouldn't want to write is any type of system games, anime or heavy bdsm/non-consentual type stuff. The following genres are ones I would have interest writing in:

*Science Fiction
*Fantasy
*Romance
*Adventure
*Historical
*Mystery

My O/O thread is linked in my signature as well as here. There is a lot of information there regarding my tastes. As far as stories go, I like detailed characters and rich, beautifully crafted stories.

~*~ Story Ideas ~*~

Like I said previously, I'm not fantastic at coming up with main plot ideas. I'm more of a detail-type person. That being said, I want to offer something that might allow you a peek into the types of stories I enjoy.

Archeology/Mythology - I could list off a million movies/tv shows/books that illuminate my love of this type of story. The Librarian series, Indiana Jones and the more mythological-based super-hero type stories such as Thor all fill me with so many plot bunnies! Even adding more Stargate-ish elements to it would be fantastic. I also enjoy the premise behind shows like "Warehouse 13" where history and mythology are woven into a present-day storyline.

Fantasy - As a huge "Once Upon a Time" fan, I think it's obvious that I adore the fantasy genre. I began writing D&D type stories at an early age and they are still some of my favorites to revisit. A quest...knights and elves...you can never go wrong!

Historical - I love history and historical stories. One disclaimer I will add in this section is that I don't like to write famous historical figures per say....but I do love using some of their stories with new characters. I feel that this genre allows me to use my skills in research to help fill in tiny little details that make the stories that much richer in depth.

Mystery - I'll admit it. I'm a huge Sherlock Holmes/Agatha Christie geek. I love mystery stories and the added suspense that the genre demands. The more mystery in a plot, the better. =-)

So....some specific story ideas, you say? Let's see what I can do. The one thing I like to mention is that I am, above all else, a collaborator. I find the greatest enjoyment in working out details with my writing partner

The Princess Conundrum

In a kingdom far, far away....a king looks for a prince to marry his only daughter. The princess, rumored to be spoiled, hot-tempered and chillingly cold to others isn't prime marrying material but the riches to be gained alone draw princes from far and wide. The catch? She has to willingly consent to marry one of them.

I see this story going in a million different directions. There is the opportunity to write several characters since the background story calls for it. The princess herself will be complex and obviously, there are reasons as to why she's not looked upon kindly. What are the secrets she carries with her and can anyone break through the icy exterior to capture her heart? This one is truly a more romantic type story although we can easily add other elements to it.

The Assassin

He lived in one of the most beautiful elven cities imaginable. He was privileged and came from one of the more prominent elven families. What others didn't know...what they couldn't ever imagine...is that he was an assassin.

Being an assassin is all fine and dandy until the day you encounter someone you can't force yourself to kill. She is of lower social status, a piece in chess game she never signed up for. Politics pure and simple...and the next move is her death. But in learning about her, something begins to soften his cold and calculating exterior. The only thing is....he's not the only one whose been hired to kill her.

The Black Throne
"Under every city lies another mirror world...full of darkness and intrigue. Sometimes the two worlds collide in spectacular fashion. "

A very vague idea...but one that I love. It could be set in the modern world...or somewhere in history. Both characters would be part of the underworld in some fashion. The female character would be younger, talented at whatever it is she does and somehow catches the attention of the male character. I see him as being a bit older, more experienced...and one of the main underworld influences. She gets herself into a bit of trouble and he offers to help her out, at a price.

This story is another that could go a million directions.

Instinct

He watched her from afar for years. As an incoming college freshman, she had drawn his attention in class. She was smart, shy and beautiful. As the years went on, he worked with her a bit here and there, always wanting something more. Then one evening, something more...happened.

This isn't a complex story on the surface. Young inexperienced college student, older dashing professor. The things that I see for this story are very much a sexual mentor-type relationship. It could so easily slip into a D/s type situation but I really don't want to see it do that. When I think about it, it feels more like him opening up her eyes to the erotic arts and teaching her. I'm not opposed to a romantic element evolving...but not at first. There are a lot of elements that could be woven into this story depending on the desires of the writer. For example, perhaps the professor decides that he'd like her to carry a baby for him....ie: breeding. As I said, SO many elements that can be added or deleted. I'd love to hear some ideas!

Tangent
She wasn't evil by nature. Mischievous at best...or worst, depending on how you looked at it. He had spent a year chasing her around various timelines when he came upon information that would change both of them...forever. She was going to get herself into a situation where mischief was the least of her worries. Could he save her in time?

I see this story as a variant on a typical 'catch me if you can'. She's a mischievous thief with a heart of gold. He is tasked with tracking her down. The problem is that their chase involves different places, worlds, and time. They both enjoy the other and have no malice for one another. He believes her to be harmless until he uncovers information that in the future, she'll be forced to make a choice that ends in someone's death. It's up to him to save her from ever having to do that. There are several elements that can be a part of this. I just find this idea a bit fun. I have a lot of heavy, emotional stories and wanted something fun and light.

Enlightenment

New to the city, she lived in a world of academia. A chance encounter brings her into the sights of a slightly older battle mage, jaded with the world and life. A twist of fate throws the two together and now they need to learn how to trust each other or die.

This would be ideally set in a fantasy setting of our choosing. As with all my ideas, I leave descriptions blank so we can choose the best plot outline for our writing types. I see her as being a bit naive but courageous, stubborn, and eager to learn.

Echoes
The man woke, one of the greatest swordsman of his day. A higher power had brought him from death for a very specific purpose - save 'her'.

This one has been a tickle in the back of my mind for a while. Lots of fun stuff to play with but the core of the story is a powerful swordsman/mage/something is brought back from death by a deity for the purposes of saving 'her'. The reasons for such can be wide and varied and the characters don't necessarily need to like each other in the beginning.  What they do need to do, however, is survive.

Thank you for reading!
"I am the one thing in life I can control
I am inimitable I am an original
I'm not falling behind or running late
I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”

Aislinn

I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”

Aislinn

I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”

Aislinn

I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”

Aislinn

Added story idea!

Heavy D/s Plot w/ Supernatural Twist (Current Craving!)
I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”

Aislinn

Updated! Added two new story entries!

The Black Throne
Rise of the Hunter
I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”

Aislinn

Added Instinct and Tangent!

Removed - Heavy D/s Plot w/ Supernatural Twist (Current Craving!)
I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”

Aislinn

I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”

Aislinn