Battletech 3145 - Recruitment (Open for recruitment)

Started by Blobbe, June 16, 2014, 07:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blobbe

If you want an assault Melee 'Mech, the Neanderthal is a great choice - http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Neanderthal - TSM, Mace and it's dangerously fast to begin with

Landshark

well i love the story and setting so just a chance to play would be cool. What where you looking for in a protagonist exactly? A duty minded leader type a corporate backer or clan representative...

I looked at the Neanderthal but i think it was messed up because the stats it showed me didnt seem to fit the pic...it didnt even list a melee weapon.

Blobbe

It has a Hatchet; its just that Sarna didn't list it for whatever reason

Fan wikis. Go fig.

Wheeler97

Okay, so I was doing a bit of reading and see the want of some kind of plot PC. I'll give some thought and see what ideas I can come up with. KaylaM, I'll PM you, if that's okay. Maybe I can form some kind of recurring supporting character.

Landshark

Ok so i have my mech pilot idea or i had a mechanic idea. Would a mechanic be used that often though in the story line?
My mechanic idea was that he had been an up and comming mech pilot until his cockpit was hit on a mission. He had brain damage and lost an eye so he was deemed unfit for piloting anymore. Now he fixes them and lives off the stories of the pilots. He knows what its like to be in the field so his work is top notch as well as custom modifications that he knows pilots would like that tech specs say not to do.

RubySlippers

Anyone playing light mechs? Are aircraft and tanks available?

King Serperior

I could be interested.  I'll need to do some research, but I do love Mecha  <3

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Renegade Vile

Quote from: King Serperior on August 09, 2014, 12:22:05 PM
I could be interested.  I'll need to do some research, but I do love Mecha  <3

You would be more than welcome, I'm certain, lord Serperior! *smiles*
Good to see you around these parts.
<< Unavailable for New Games >>

orderNchaos

Ruby,  we have a Recon Lance that is essentially NPC's because we didn't have enough Lights to make a full lance, so you'd be welcome.

All of our 'support assets' are currently NPC, but if you'd like to do something other than a mech you're welcome to it.

Landshark

Still havent decided on a mech but here is everything else for critique and or approval.

*Updated with potential Mech info*

Character

Name: Hector Skorzinni
Sex: Male
BattleMech:
Homeworld: Tortuga Prime
Original Faction: Tortuga Dominion

Description:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Standing 5’10 and weighing 150 lbs Hector is not what you would call muscular. He is very fit though. His wild unkept hair is in sharp contrast to his well manicured mustache. He tends to dress in an odd mix of suit style clothing accentuated with roguish jackets with heavy leather boots. Unlike many arrogant pilots he carries himself in a nonchalant manner and tends to not draw attention till he wants it.

Background:
Hector was born into a life that few would envy and fewer could crawl out of. His father was a technician for a mercenary group and when no one was looking Hector would sneak into the cockpits and pretend he was a mech warrior. That was never going to happen though, or so he thought. The pilots would have killed him just for climbing the mech let alone setting in it. They were elite, they were almost nobility as it were and Hector was an oil rat. Years went by and Hector signed on with the mercenaries doing crap work for a paycheck but at least once a week he would sneak down and practice in the cockpits learning what it took to be a mech pilot. His chance came when one of the pilots jumped out of his bunk and ended up cracking his head on the bunk when he landed funny. Out cold Hector pushed him back into his bed and took his pilot suit. They were halfway into the mission before it became clear he wasn’t who he was suppose to be. Thankfully he proved himself well and for that he was just flogged unconscious instead of killed. The team leader saw his potential and admired his guts giving him a shot a year later as a recon pilot. When the wars came again though everything went down hill. The group was bankrupt and after a few desperate jobs that were too damn risky Hector found himself the last real pilot they had. Now he sells himself as best he can for transportation and drop fees looking for another group that will take a chance on him.

Personality : Hector is a scoundrel and he delights in it. He wants you to know he has a checkered past and that theres more mystery in his hair than in your entire profile. He delights in misdirection telling bull shit stories as easy as the truth which he mixes readily. Enjoying to cause trouble but not one to fight. Hes a ladies man but not a lecher. Hes loved every woman hes ever been with and recalls them with fondness and gratitude. In combat he looks for the angles and prefers to have his enemies make the first move so he can exploit it.

Specialty Skills:
Streetwise: Hector has extensive underworld contacts and knows the black market as well as criminal organizations mentality.

Scavenger: His underworld contacts and natural scrounging ability has made  Hector a man to find what your looking for.

Pistoleer: Hector didn’t grow up in the mech pilot typical fashion and as such learned that a gun usually got him further than a degree or license.

BattleMech
Gunslinger
Chassis:  Star League XT
Model: GUN-1ERD
Weight Class: Assault (85 ton)
Callsign: Long Tom
Description: More patches than a boy scout sash but in perfect working order. Many parts are heavy duty so as to not be replaced as often. Elbow actuators wont straighten completely so the mech looks hunched to draw guns.
Weapons:
2x Gauss Rifles
2x Medium Pulse Lasers
4x Medium Lasers
1x Small Laser

Equipment:
1x Active Probe
1x ECM Suite

Blobbe

Ruby, if you wanted to play a Light 'Mech pilot and replace one of the (currently nameless) recon lance NPCs, that'd be awesome; doubly so if it was their actual leader.

Landshark, the character looks great so far!

King Serperior

I would be interested in making a character who pilots a Mad Cat (I think that's the name?).  If I recall correctly, it is an 'Omnimech' with two PPCs and two large Missile Racks on it's shoulders as well as jumpjets.  It's still extremely early in the character building and I still have a lot of research to do.

Are there any character types that are in short supply?  Also, what is the gender ratio?  I can play both male and female characters  :)

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Blobbe

Landshark:

You're approved! Post your character in the Characters and Unit Roster thread, and welcome on board! We'll figure a way to get you in, but I'm looking to move the scenes up a bit to bring in new characters.

King Superior:

At the moment, the balance is very skewed to male characters, with only a single female PC (plus the NPC unit commander). With that being said, there's no pressure to play a female character for the sake of it; play what you want.

For various reasons, not the least of which is GM sanity, only canon/published 'Mechs will be allowed; no custom designs, variants or configurations. Both the Master Unit List and Sarna are great sources for designs. And never hesitate to ask either if you want ideas for a 'Mech choice.

RubySlippers

Character

Name: Ann Devros
Sex: Female
BattleMech: Locust LCT-6M
Homeworld:
Original Faction: Henderson's Light Lancers, Commander, 3rd Skirmishers [Scout Mercenary Company]

Description:

Background: (A paragraph or two about the pilot's history and career)

Personality: (Just a few sentences on the pilot's personality)

Specialty Skills: Command, Liberal Arts (reads a-lot and is well versed in many areas), Mech Mechanics, Military Intelligence, Scout Tactics

BattleMech

Chassis:  Locust
Model: LCT-6M

Weight Class: Light
Callsign: Jackrabbit
Description: She favored not overly modifying the appearance save it has a white jackrabbit and command insignia.
Weapons: 2 x Magna Mk VI ER Medium Lasers & 1 x Magna Mk IV ER Small Laser

Equipment: Ferro-Fibrous Armor, MASC System, Small Cockpit

Background: Found on the battlefield a mess she fixed her up with her crew a decade ago, and its been her scout mech ever since. Its her baby.

King Serperior

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Character

Name:  Dayna Jessica "DJ" Robins
Sex: Female
BattleMech: Archangel
Homeworld: Graus
Original Faction: Clan Jade Falcon

Description: Standing at about 5'7" and weighing about 135lbs, DJ is rather striking, especially with her unique hair colors.  She usually has either deep red or a light purple hair color to cover her natural, blonde colors.  She's very attractive and wears clothes that promote her looks, as shown in the picture to the left.  Despite this, she's not actually vain, but likes the feeling of knowing she's desirable.  'Punk' could be a perfect description of her at first glance.  She has no piercings, but has a singular tattoo across her lower stomach written in a code from a gang she used to run with in her early years that is roughly translated to, "Life's not worth living if Dead."  The lower three words are hidden by her pants and belt.  DJ tends to look nearly five years younger than she actually is due to her very fine facial features.

Background:  DJ was born to a military family as the last attempt to get a male heir.  Much to the older general's disappointment, their last chance resulted in her, their only child, a daughter.  Her father was frustrated as he viewed women as the weaker breed, but still taught her all she needed to know to survive.  From a very young age, she was taught to fight and was given a military education unlike that of most others.  By the age of 16, she was given a decommissioned Kabuto Light-Battlemech and was to practice using it.  She quickly mastered it's use and spent most of her time in it, much to her father's pleasure.  By the age of 18, she was given a mostly decommissioned Bloodhound medium-Battlemech and was allowed to participate in war games with new recruits to the CJF, even winning a few of the games, though never allowed to join the clan.

By the age of 21, DJ had joined a gang known as the Lifestreamer who she quickly became second-in-command to.  There, they caused much trouble and for the next 3 years, they continued their antics until her father was killed in a battle on a far-off planet.  His Heavy-Battlemech was brought back home and given to her, as per his request.  She took the battered Nova Cat and rebuilt it in half a year's time and joined the CJFs by the age of 25.  For the next two years, her little group of about 20 mechwarriors raided small cities, towns, and transports.  DJ was the fifth in command of the unit and made friends with nearly half the unit.  However, something happened on a raid.  Normally, they left the women and children alive after taking all they wanted and killing any man who raised a defense against them.  However, due to an astounding consumption of alcohol, the commander of the unit gave the order to kill everyone and burn everything down while they were celebrating their latest raid outside the grounds of the small town.  DJ stood up and objected to the orders, causing the commander to order her killed as well.  Luckily, the friends she made stood at her side and a slaughter began. 

Two hours later, only five of the twenty members of the unit were alive, all who objected to the commander's orders.  DJ personally killed the commander and left his body out where the animals could eat it.  The five survivors parted ways, DJ taking the commander's Archangel, and Assault Class Battlemech and left what salvageable things she could for the villiagers who were bound to come. 

Alone now, DJ repaired and repainted her new battlemech and started to offer her skills for money as a mercenary.  She has a long-standing dislike for the CJF, especially after finding that the orders to slaughter everything came from the brass.

Personality: Pretty level-headed, DJ is someone to rely on in battle.  Personally trained by her military father, she can suppress her emotions in order to keep a cool demeanor when under fire and can calmly pick her targets with ease.  As second in command to a well-organized gang and being fifth in command of small raiding unit, DJ can handle ordering or taking orders.

Outside of combat, she's teasing, fun, and playful, the kind of person who has difficulty making enemies. 

Specialty Skills:  Pretty good tactician as well as a nice shot with a rifle, DJ has been known to hold her own against men who are 'bigger and stronger' than she is.  She can pilot just about any battlemech class and is good at worming out information from men, and sometimes women, by using her charms.  Oddly enough, she's very well practiced at archery due to her father teaching her the skill as part of her military training.

BattleMech

Chassis:  Archangel Invictus
Model: C-ANG-O
Weight Class: Assault; OmniMech
Callsign: Supernova
Description: Somewhat battered, the Supernova appears to be almost untouched.  This is because the design of this battlemech was made to take punishment without flinching.  The coloration of the battlemech is multiple shades of purple, ranging from light to dark.  Any and all markings relating it to the CJF has been removed. 
Weapons:
1X Heavy PPC
1X Plasma Rifle
1X Retractable Blade

Equipment:  Guardian ECM Suite, advanced targeting computer, and  jump jets, allowing the 100-tonner to hop 90 meters.

Background: DJ doesn't know much about the history of the Supernova before she joined the small raiding unit.  However, she has seen that the Supernova lived up to it's name as "the Zombie" as it absorbed astounding punishment and gave it back manifold.  After acquiring it for herself, she has seen firsthand the sheer durability then battlemech possesses and has used it to her advantage many times.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

RubySlippers

Why do people always want the big mechs, someone pilots a Locust no one takes you seriously.  :-\

King Serperior

Quote from: RubySlippers on August 10, 2014, 12:09:49 PM
Why do people always want the big mechs, someone pilots a Locust no one takes you seriously.  :-\
I mainly chose it for the design, rather than the size   :-\   

I tend to like rather fast and maneuverable mechs that  are hard to hit, but I couldn't find a design that 'spoke' to me.  I am open to suggestions though  >.>

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Renegade Vile

Quote from: King Serperior on August 10, 2014, 12:13:49 PM
I mainly chose it for the design, rather than the size   :-\   

I tend to like rather fast and maneuverable mechs that  are hard to hit, but I couldn't find a design that 'spoke' to me.  I am open to suggestions though  >.>

Another clanner, hm? Too bad Jade Falcon and Sea Fox don't tend to get along, and that I play an *sshole *chuckles*.

King Serperior

Quote from: Renegade Vile on August 10, 2014, 12:37:32 PM

Another clanner, hm? Too bad Jade Falcon and Sea Fox don't tend to get along, and that I play an *sshole *chuckles*.
Well, as you can see, after that one incident with the Raiding group, she's thrown away all her ties to the clan  *laughs*  Though, I didn't realize they didn't get along.  I have little knowledge of Battlemechs other than one old xbox game I rather enjoyed a long while ago.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

RubySlippers

I was kidding.  ;D

Nothing steals kills than a Locust, and you have to hit it not exactly easy in her configured version. And being small it can abuse slopes and terrain nuances better, plus someone has to find the enemy positions.

When I get a better computer I want to try the online game it looks like fun.

King Serperior

True enough!  I think a battle between an Archangel and a Locust would wind up being a Stalemate as the former wouldn't land a hit and the latter wouldn't deal significant damage.

Besides, I do love durability in a mech  *sagenods*

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Renegade Vile

Quote from: King Serperior on August 10, 2014, 12:46:18 PM
True enough!  I think a battle between an Archangel and a Locust would wind up being a Stalemate as the former wouldn't land a hit and the latter wouldn't deal significant damage.

Besides, I do love durability in a mech  *sagenods*

That depends entirely on the battlefield and the circumstances. Lighter 'Mechs are excellent when they're in their element. Going toe-to-toe with Assaults is generally a bad idea, or even Heavys. It's just not what they're made to do.

TheGlyphstone

Not that I'm the sort to scream about adherence to canon, but the background for Dayna doesn't seem to have anything to do with the actual Clan Jade Falcon - it reads more like someone joining a bandit merc group that called/styled themselves the Jade Falcons in homage to the actual Clan (which would be a great substitution/edit to make the whole thing flow better, joining 'Sons of the Jade Falcons' or something and leaving the rest intact). Good backstory story on its own merits, but the discongruities with canon are kinda jarring.

RubySlippers

I'm just going to be a Merc, have her baby, will use it as long as she gets paid and her mech maintained. Changed to a simpler to maintain one the parts should be easy to get nothing not standard on a well documented variant.