[Pandemonium] Recruitment V1 (Closed)

Started by Wispyr, September 18, 2015, 12:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amarlo

-Hobbles in from her nap rubbing over her right eye with a yawn.- Mmmnng....mor'ing errybody. Anything new?

And greetings Mister Hailer from The Land Down Under.  :D

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Wispyr

Quote from: Amarlo on September 20, 2015, 07:20:33 PM
-Hobbles in from her nap rubbing over her right eye with a yawn.-
I... Had to read that twice. Cause... Mind. Gutter. Added words that weren't there. Ugggh. It's gonna be one of those nights. >.<

Quote from: Amarlo on September 20, 2015, 07:20:33 PM...
Mmmnng....mor'ing errybody. Anything new?
Morning! Nothing new I don't think. I think we need to try sneaky recruiting tactics. Like... Cookies and parties and or sexual favors. Iunno. Something!

Amarlo

Quote from: Wispyr on September 20, 2015, 07:25:28 PM
I... Had to read that twice. Cause... Mind. Gutter. Added words that weren't there. Ugggh. It's gonna be one of those nights. >.<

If our minds are on the same line, that's one of my favorite ways to wake up ;)

QuoteMorning! Nothing new I don't think. I think we need to try sneaky recruiting tactics. Like... Cookies and parties and or sexual favors. Iunno. Something!

Bummer. Well, there's definitely a few people still working on profiles and concepts, so you have that! As for the people I've shot messages to.. Well, they haven't replied yet. So there's still that possibility. :P

I'm not going to lie though, I'm trying to be patient xD Super excited about this game!

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Wispyr

Quote from: Amarlo on September 20, 2015, 07:32:03 PM
If our minds are on the same line, that's one of my favorite ways to wake up ;)
You too eh?

Quote from: Amarlo on September 20, 2015, 07:32:03 PM
Bummer. Well, there's definitely a few people still working on profiles and concepts, so you have that! As for the people I've shot messages to.. Well, they haven't replied yet. So there's still that possibility. :P
Yea. And it's only been up a couple days yet. I'm not too worried about it, but basically I'm in the same boat. I wanna see it go go go. So... I'm just being impatient. And I want it to the brim with the people! All of the writers. Need all of them!

Orange Marmalade

Fleshing out the history now, always the hardest part because there tends to be things I don't want to nail down until they're about ready for play. Will be done tonight probably though :)

Elysian Radiance

*Stumbles in from her own nap with a blankie in her hand, dragging behind her.*

Well... I tried shamelessly promoting it all over the AS boards last night. Not sure if that's where Cae and Golden came from, but I tried.

I still have two that I haven't heard from of the five that I invited, so maybe they'll pop in and join us.
"We are beings of starlight; we were meant to thrive in the darkness."
"I am a raging sea trapped inside of a raindrop."

<a href=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=200656.0>Fantastic Dragons and Where to Find Them! (05/30/17)</a>
Get Laid or Get Slayed - A Guide to Make the Dragoness Roar!
Muse/Mood Status ~ I'm currently on hiatus from Elliquiy. Send me a PM if you need to be in contact; I'll get the email about it.
Current Posting Output ~ None.
Buy RPG Dice Soap From Me!

Wispyr

Quote from: Orange Marmalade on September 20, 2015, 08:54:01 PM
Fleshing out the history now, always the hardest part because there tends to be things I don't want to nail down until they're about ready for play. Will be done tonight probably though :)
Sounds great! Looking forward to reading it. Did you decide if you wanted the Issail soul or not?

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: Wispyr on September 20, 2015, 09:25:57 PM
Sounds great! Looking forward to reading it. Did you decide if you wanted the Issail soul or not?

Decided against it - just a regular (hah) nephilim :)

Wispyr

Amarlo

Changed the visuals for my character! I'm not entirely sure why I felt the need to announce that but well, there ya go!

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Cataclysmic Archangel

Ely:  I'm all for swooning over VeeBB... I just figured I'd give someone else a chance. :p

On topic: I notice so far I'm the only Atalantean.  Though if someone picks up our friendly traitor that was a requirement, so maybe I won't be the only one.  Curious.

VonDoom

I think I'm the only one who mentioned Imori so far, but I don't mind if we don't get more as long as we get more players and a good range of personalities and types so that we have more to explore.

And I like the new visuals, Ama. Looks pretty badass now!
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Cataclysmic Archangel

I actually wanted Imori at first, honestly.  There were some things about them that bothered me in the descriptions, as they weren't meshing with the image I already had in my head of Cole.

In the end I had some reservations about the Atalanteans, but ended up just driving into the skid and embracing it.

VonDoom

I like Cole.  :-) I think it's pretty neat that he'll be immune to drowning as an Atlantean ... while being deathly afraid that he will. Very interesting contradiction, especially since a genuine phobia won't just go away after he learns of his nature. Pretty clever!

That said, I should get started with filling Virgil out properly. Caught up with all my group games now.

O&O

Cataclysmic Archangel

The High Commander is a gang-banger.

He's immune to drowning but is terrified of water and boats.

And he's got at least a foot of height, maybe more over some of the other party members.

Yeah, he was a lot of fun to think up. :)

VonDoom

Welp, made some good headway at work. History is almost complete though in need of some polish and the personality entry still needs writing, but I have it figured out in my head, just needs to be put to writing. I might actually get it done today.

O&O

Elysian Radiance

Quote from: Amarlo on September 21, 2015, 01:49:54 AM
Changed the visuals for my character! I'm not entirely sure why I felt the need to announce that but well, there ya go!

I had done that as well, but it was before I had posted my CS. Wispyr was like, "JUST PICK ONE ALREADY!"

<a href=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=200656.0>Fantastic Dragons and Where to Find Them! (05/30/17)</a>
Muse/Mood Status ~ I'm currently on hiatus from Elliquiy. Send me a PM if you need to be in contact; I'll get the email about it.

Cataclysmic Archangel

The thing I'm usually the worst at is actually picking a face claim for my characters.  I almost never do it.  Cliche male that I am, I'd much prefer staring at female pictures then deciding on which one will appeal to the female populace.  Maybe next time I'll just write a description and let someone else pick for me.

Hopefully the ladies here are Nash fans. :p

VonDoom

That's why I go to images for initial inspiration nowadays, way easier than the traditional method of thinking of the character and then deciding on appearance/image.

O&O

Cataclysmic Archangel

I used to play on a lot of real-time chat RP games, and you had no images unless you added a link also.  So I'm well versed it writing up a 2-3 paragraph description for a character, and let my partner fill in the rest, especially since it was all kinky stuff and let them have a dream man in mind. :)

I tend to be 50/50 with face images.  It's really easy for me to drink in a picture (the old 'worth a thousand words), and that's great, but at the same time, there's no room for error.  If there's something about that image I don't like, it's that much harder to let my imagination smudge it, but it's also easier to capture the little details, too.

Ah well.  No big deal.  To each their own.  Heck, to date I know that my one story with Ely, she's thrown out a lot of pictures... if it wasn't for her asking I don't think I ever would have.  Much the same with a lot of my E stories.

Cole was whipped up in the span of about 37 minutes, in between phone calls at work.  Not my best work, but also nothing to shake a stick at.

Erich Norden

Quote from: Arcannyx on September 21, 2015, 11:17:02 AMI tend to be 50/50 with face images.  It's really easy for me to drink in a picture (the old 'worth a thousand words), and that's great, but at the same time, there's no room for error.  If there's something about that image I don't like, it's that much harder to let my imagination smudge it, but it's also easier to capture the little details, too.

I'm the same way.  When I have the beginnings of a rough character outline and a setting, I keep that criteria in mind when looking for a portrait.  Sometimes my mind takes it a bit further, though, and in those instances I tend to be extremely picky about images.  When that happens, I sometimes go trawling DeviantArt for hours before I find one that really clicks, and end up saving anything I think I might use as a character portrait in the future, to make it easier on myself the next time around.  Once, I just could not find an image that really captured the character as I imagined her, so I just commissioned someone to make one from scratch, and she's probably my favourite character to date: Arduinne.  (You'd be surprised at the lack of auburn-haired, fair-skinned sorceresses whom have a practical sense of the way they dress.)

Wispyr

We've now got an official...

All recruitment and basic inquiries about the game, creating characters, and pre-character sheet submission should still take place in this thread... But players who are basically just pending-submission, submitted or approved can take the chatter to OOC for plotting and random fun. Basically if you're on the game board, you're probably safe to take random stuff to the OOC thread... But don't neglect out recruiting mission!

We'd like to see... Uhh.. -Looks- Another... 4-5 players.

Elysian Radiance

Quote from: Erich Norden on September 21, 2015, 02:24:30 PM
I'm the same way.  When I have the beginnings of a rough character outline and a setting, I keep that criteria in mind when looking for a portrait.  Sometimes my mind takes it a bit further, though, and in those instances I tend to be extremely picky about images.  When that happens, I sometimes go trawling DeviantArt for hours before I find one that really clicks, and end up saving anything I think I might use as a character portrait in the future, to make it easier on myself the next time around.  Once, I just could not find an image that really captured the character as I imagined her, so I just commissioned someone to make one from scratch, and she's probably my favourite character to date: Arduinne.  (You'd be surprised at the lack of auburn-haired, fair-skinned sorceresses whom have a practical sense of the way they dress.)

I have an entire Pinterest board dedicated to face claims and character pictures, for myself mostly but I do have several images and such that others may use.

VonDoom

Welp, here it is, my first draft with all the sections filled in. I'll probably want to fiddle with the personality and background entries a bit still, rephrase to make it nicer and maybe expand, but I'll send this to Wispyr for inspection now.

Virgil Carter
Pandemonium Character Sheet

Character Name: Virgil Carter
Nickname: -
Nature: Guru (v20)
Demeanor: Bravo (v20)
Race:  Imori
Sexuality: Heterosexual; bi-curious

Education: Degree in International Law (outdated), Degree in International Relations
Wealth Level: hermit (form. upper middle class)
Languages Known: English, Chinese, Latin, Greek

Height: 5'7
Weight:  145
Hair Color: brunette
Eye Color: red
Ethnicity: caucasian-chinese mix
Face Claim: none

Physical Description:
Virgil stands above average for humans but is almost a giant for his true kind, the Imori. No ounce of fat is to be found on his very lean form, only lithe muscles visible beneath his bronze-colored skin. High cheekbones, a symmetric profile and narrow eyes would make him a handsome man, though his current state detracts from the overall image: his hair, brown and short, looks like a mess and is uneven as if it had been cut with a knife. The white jumpsuit also doesn't agree with him and looks ill-fitting on his form as he constantly scratches at and fiddles with it.

Lean as he is, hungry looking as he is, he evokes the image of some manner of predator, perhaps a jackal or coyote. Very evocative of that image, his eyes are a deep and angry crimson, his canines a little too prominent for comfort when he smiles. His voice is hoarse, though seemingly on the mend since his time in prison, now sounding far more pleasant than it did when he first arrived.

Personality:
Virgil strongly disassociates from his former self, before the Rise and hates being reminded of it, considering his meek, rule-abiding former self weak and sheep-like. Perhaps it is a defense mechanism, perhaps his Atlantean soul is shining through, or perhaps in the wild he has found his true calling. The lack of social contacts has made him strange, but he is a firm believer in survivalism. In doing what needs to be done, even if it is cruel. He prefers his own company after being isolated for so long, but isn't shy exactly -- he tends to forget that humans need social contacts and has grown ignorant of or uncaring towards some social conventions.

He believes one should listen to their instincts and feelings and act upon them, to be true to oneself. Having never actually studied Toaism, he has nonetheless taken up his own rip-off using the tidbits he knew or had heard and crafted his own philosophy around it.

History:
Born in Beijing on October 24th of 2008, Virgil Carter is the son of US Ambassador Winston Carter and local government employee Lin Shuang. Shortly after his birth the newly minted family moved to the US, where Virgil was raised. The war in 2019, at the time of which Virgil is 11, places great strain on the family. Despite this, they remain together. Winston, however, retires from politics, having criticized ATLAS who are now celebrated as heroes.  He is a staunch supporter of Meredith Swan during her election, but remains retired. After China regains its independence, the young Virgil decides to take up diplomatic studies with intentions to connect with his place of birth and from an interest in his mother's culture. He is a studious straight-laced young man and quickly finishes his degree. At the young age of twenty, he has managed to secure a clerical position in the US embassy in Beijing. He is not involved in any of the proceedings around ATLAS, though he is shocked at the atrocity that occurred on August 2028.

He works there for four years, happy with an administrative position in the embassy, until the Rise. The wide-spread destruction destroys most of Beijing, but Virgil somehow lives through it and has to survive within the now almost lifeless desert. The survivors are few and most quickly band together into gangs and raiders. Virgil has to kill to survive.

Unable to reconcile this with his former beliefs, he cracks and turns into a recluse. The extreme circumstances awaken measure of the Imori's danger sense in him and he manages to survive like that for another four years, until he is found and collected by ATLAS.

He remained unaware that civilization had returned and assumes his parents dead.

Likes:  freedom, simple pleasures, (experimenting with magic - later only), taoism
Dislikes: being reminded of who he used to be, restrictive clothes, prison, ATLAS
Strengths: clever, quick to adapt, true survivor
Weaknesses:  erratic, forgetful (both will improve with continued re-socialization, but the former never quite disappear), seems unreliable at first, aloof when calm, manic when excited
Fear: Claustrophobic
Compulsion: Talks to himself when alone
On's & Off's: Since everyone has so far linked their o&o thread here, I'll do the same for now.
Real World Skills: Survivalism, free climbing, first aid, high degree of athletic ability, improvised weapon use, well-rounded education, basic psychology

Notes

Powers & Abilities
  • UNWEAVE MAGIC (3):
You have the ability to unweave magic patterns and may dispel active powers, provided you are powerful enough.
  • INFUSE ESSENCE (2):
You may infuse a manifestation of magic you created or have taken control of with your own essence, causing it to assume a unique shape and give it the ability to act with rudimentary independence.
  • CONTROL FLAMES (1):
The ability to control fire that already exists. You can intensify, diminish and extinguish at will. You can weave and move the fire without fuel once it has been started for you, turning it into fireballs or other such blasts.
  • ILLUSORY SHAPE(1):
You may create illusionary images that fool the eye. If you do not maintain concentration, they will fade after about a minute, but if you do you are even able to have them move and change as you wish.

O&O

Wispyr