Once Upon a Dark Night (Batman/Once Upon a Time) OPEN

Started by AmbrosiaPudding, August 20, 2014, 09:05:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmbrosiaPudding

Hugo Strange. A lot can be said about the man who first figured out who Batman really was. Scientist. Professor. Supervillian. Nemesis. Thief. Psychiatrist. Warden. So many titles. Some chosen, some given. Now, his newest. Mayor. You might be wondering, who the hell would make Hugo Strange, Mayor of a town? Why, Hugo would of course! What better way to study people, to study Bruce, than to over see them, especially when they themselves do not know who they are? There isn't one. Hugo Strange Mayor of Gotham. No, not Gotham. Mayor of Arkamville. Sweet town tucked away in a peninsula off the state of Rhode Island. One long road in, one long road out. The town though, almost never has visitors. Some would say it doesn't even show up on a map, almost like there's a barrier of sorts, protecting it from the outside world.

In Arkamville, every day is the same. Well, almost the same. Things rarely change. You have your bankers, the gunsmith, the locksmith, the lawyers, the police officers, jewelry store owner, chef's, teachers, their very own psychiatrist Miss Harleen Quinzel, along with many others. The town is, just as Hugo wanted it. Free of crime, with him in complete control. There is no Batman. Instead there is only Bruce Wayne, wealthy orphan with a penchant for mischief and justice. There was no changing that. He longer changes what Hugo does though, instead he nods, going about his way every morning to teach science at the local high school. A respectful citizen of Arkamville.

Clark Kent, Superman, one of the only ones out in the world unaffected by the stolen magic that Hugo has used to bewitch his town. With the Wizard drained of all his power Clark can't do anything to help Bruce. Nothing save for try to break the magic in which Hugo has weaved, some how without letting Hugo know those are his intentions.

What I would Like
I would like four, including myself, roleplayers who are dedicated
to make an excellent roleplay around the Batman universe WITHOUT all
the comic styled action constantly. Who are willing to play at least two
main characters, throughout the entire roleplay. Maybe one is more
prominent than the other. That's fine. I would also like for these roleplayers
to be able to handle more than three characters. After all there are
so many characters in the Batman world. I would also like these roleplayers
to be able to post at least twice a week. I can understand if real life slaps
you in the face. It happens to all of us. Real life can be a bitch, on a Tuesday
who just started her period while it's raining and she wore her favorite white pants.

Characters Needed/Wanted

If the Characters have an * by them they are pertinent.
*Hugo Strange -
*Bruce Wayne - Batman4560
*Jack White (Joker) -
*Harleen Quinzel -
*Dick Grayson -
*Selina Kyle - CarnageIncarnate
*Harvey Dent -
*Pamela Isley -
*Clark Kent - CarnageIncarnate
*James Gordon -
Oswald Cobbleplot - CarnageIncarnate
Edward Nigma -
Jonathan Crane -
Barbara Gordon -
Victor Fries -
Alfred Pennyworth -
Roman Sionis - Batman4560

Character Sheet

I would like one filled out for EACH character you intend to play. Along with a photo depiction of the character you'll be playing, the one you prefer.

(The Picture you've chosen)
Username:
Character:
Profession: (In Arkhamville, such as Victor Fries, I would think would be head of surgery)
History: (The fabricated one the magic has instilled in your mind)
Let me become your favorite partner ~

Solo Count 2/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

AmbrosiaPudding

Characters

Carnage's Characters

Username: CarnateIncarnate

Character: Clark Kent

Profession: Journalist, though not in Arkamville.

History: Clark, remembers who he is in Metropolis. His current goal is to make sure that everyone else remembers who they were as well. Preferably the heroes before the villains so chaos does not ensue.

Username: CarnageIncarnate

Character: Selina Kyle

Profession: Selina runs the one jewelry store in town. She takes in jewels and polishes them for people, as well as setting them into new rings, bracelets, earrings, and necklaces. She isn't the quickest at her job though. Reports have come back that the jewels are amazingly shinier. Almost as if they are new diamonds.

History: Raised by a single father who owned Kyle's the jewelry store in town. Selina quickly learned how to extract jewels, clean them, and replace them. Though what other towns people didn't know, her Father also taught her how to replace the diamonds with cubic zirconium jewels. No one has noticed before, nor even suspected. Her Father died a few years ago, never telling her anything of her Mother. Now she's used the extra money, that hasn't gone toward herself into pretty jewels, to help the stray cats around town. Opening up an animal shelter just for cats.

Username: CarnageIncarnate

Character: Oswald Cobblepot

Profession: Oswald makes a living with fish. He supplies the town with their supply of fish. All kinds. Tuna, salmon, bass, and any other kind you can think of. Though rumors have gone on around town that other things come in with his shipments of fish. None have been confirmed, as Oswald only handles the business end of Cobblepot fish. He chooses to hang around his exotic fish store, taking care of each of his babies, closely followed by his penguin Archie.

History: Oswald can't remember either of his parents. For as long as he can remember the church took care of him. Teaching him the important aspects of life. To value all creatures. After all, they are all living beings. Though Oswald took it a little bit differently than most of the other children did. In fact he focused all of his drive into making sure that he led the life he felt destined for. To have enough money to sustain himself and get what he's always wanted. A pet penguin. So, he did. 

Solo Count 2/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

Batman4560

Is this still open? If so I would like to apply for Bruce Wayne and Roman Sions.

AmbrosiaPudding

Solo Count 2/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

Batman4560

Username: Batman4560
Character: Bruce Wayne
Profession: Private Investigator
History: Bruce lost his parents when he turned eight, killed while at a play. Luckily Bruce was not there to witness the act, instead he was at home with his friend and butler Alfred. The loss of his parents left Bruce with alot of cash but the want to better the world. Bruce grew up to become a Private Investigator however there hasn't been a crime since his parents deaths. Now Bruce donates money, runs his fathers company and spends his free time helping around the city however he can.

Username: Batman4560
Character: Roman Sions
Profession: Mask shop owner
History: Roman always wanted to prove to his family that he was not a failure. But the work he did never impressed them and his rich family refused to let him stay at the family home until he could amass a large amount of wealth on his own. However in front of others they often made false claims about how much they loved and spoiled their son. Roman found this to be a horrid way to act and realized that everyone wore masks. He became obsessed with masks and used the last of his cash to buy a mask shop. Now Roman lives rather well from the money he makes year round selling masks for various events.

Mathim

I was going to suggest Victor Fries be a refrigerator repairman, but your idea is probably better. I'd like to ask if I might be able to add Oliver Queen, the Green Arrow, to the mix as the school's gym teacher with a talent for archery. I'd also be willing to play Edward Nygma, the Riddler, as the owner of a video arcade and electronics/software store themed after his penchant for puzzles and riddles; he'd have his dark side, of course, offering bad deals and messing with people's heads because of his superiority complex.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

AmbrosiaPudding

Quote from: Mathim on August 23, 2014, 12:18:47 PM
I was going to suggest Victor Fries be a refrigerator repairman, but your idea is probably better. I'd like to ask if I might be able to add Oliver Queen, the Green Arrow, to the mix as the school's gym teacher with a talent for archery. I'd also be willing to play Edward Nygma, the Riddler, as the owner of a video arcade and electronics/software store themed after his penchant for puzzles and riddles; he'd have his dark side, of course, offering bad deals and messing with people's heads because of his superiority complex.

I have no problem with that! I'll edit it in as soon as I get my laptop here in about an hour.

Batman4560, I love them! Thank you for joining guys. Now we unfortunately need someone to play the Joker at the very least. Maybe I'll open it up to one more person and there be five instead of four.

Solo Count 2/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

Batman4560

Including you I only count three, unless I am missing something?

AmbrosiaPudding

Solo Count 2/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

Batman4560

Ohhh, well give it time I'm sure others will join. :D

AmbrosiaPudding

Solo Count 2/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

Mathim

Quote from: CarnageIncarnate on August 23, 2014, 02:30:05 PM
I have no problem with that! I'll edit it in as soon as I get my laptop here in about an hour.

Batman4560, I love them! Thank you for joining guys. Now we unfortunately need someone to play the Joker at the very least. Maybe I'll open it up to one more person and there be five instead of four.

Awesome. I'll work on getting the profiles up for Oliver Queen and Edward Nygma. I would suggest the Joker be a birthday clown for hire who secretly molests children on the side (maybe having a John Wayne Gacy style background) but I don't know if anyone would go for that.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

AmbrosiaPudding

Solo Count 2/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

Mathim

Quote from: CarnageIncarnate on August 25, 2014, 06:31:54 PM
That is quite a scary idea for the Joker Mathim.

I'm just saying, a sinister creep like that who forgets his past but still has a career that mirrors his previous livelihood...that would be something I personally think he would gravitate to in this situation. Psychotic is as psychotic does and all that.

AmbrosiaPudding

True, though I feel uncomfortable working a pedophile into the game. Even if it's to play an already psychotic clown.

Solo Count 2/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

Mathim

AmbrosiaPudding

That would be interesting if he's using the kids to do all sorts of things for him. Be his little spies and such.

Solo Count 2/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

Mathim

Quote from: CarnageIncarnate on August 27, 2014, 03:00:17 PM
That would be interesting if he's using the kids to do all sorts of things for him. Be his little spies and such.

His little thieving Oopma-Loompas? Awesome.

AmbrosiaPudding

Essentially but they would look normal, because of the magic that's been cast.

Solo Count 2/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop