News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

The Ashford Museum of World History - Closed

Started by GnothiSeauton, September 01, 2016, 10:53:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GnothiSeauton

The Ashford Museum of World History

Briefing

Themes:  A Futuristic Museum with live, living History Exhibits.

GM:  GnothiSeauton

Rating:  Although intended to be mostly light, this game will be placed into the Extreme section due to possible subject matter, as well as main story reasons.

Inspirations:  Westworld.  Night at the Museum franchise.  Jurassic Park franchise.

The Rundown:  Set in a futuristic museum, this game will explore what happens when characters from different eras in time, both famous and not-famous, come together when a power-outage disrupts the security measures in place to keep these cloned exhibits separate from one another.

Setting:  This story will be focused within the museum, among the various exhibits and behind the scenes areas.

Style:  Freeform, sandbox with a relaxed pace, focusing on interactions with some game-wide events and storyline.  There will be no posting deadline.

Sexual Activity:  Up to the preferences of the writers.  There will be no game-wide forced sexual scenes.  This is up to the writers and the individual scenes and interactions.

General Background

Completed and opened January 1st, 2087, the Ashford Museum of World History is the crown jewel of the museum world.

It is simply unlike any other museum in the history of the world, the first and only located in New York City.  People from all over the world flock to the one of a kind museum, filling it's grand halls and grounds for a glimpse of the one-of-a-kind exhibits which make it famous.

While some museums rely upon actors, or detailed wax figures, or even holograms, videos, and animations of high production values  the Ashford is different:  it's exhibits have actually lived in their respective eras and times.

Through state of the art cloning and DNA analysis, the researchers at the Ashford Museum have been able to clone and reproduce genetic copies of ancestors and figures of the era, complete with their own vivid memories, preferences, and the like.  These clones are brought back to the present, complete with their own, actual memories, and after explaining of how things work, are placed on exhibit (in dioramas of their era) for the viewing public.

While the politics are complicated and debates heated over the ethics and laws of such technology, the Ashford continues to operate, hailed often as one of the most accurate and fascinating museums of all time.

The Ashford Museum was founded and run by Professor William H. Ashford.

Fuelled by his passion for history and expertise in genetic studies, the doctor embarked on a quest that would take up most of his life:  to make history truly come alive.

Armed with his mind, the family enterprise of Ashford Laboratories, Doctor Ashford explored genetics and DNA in ways no other person had before, in ways no one had ever dreamed were possible.  In the spring of 2085, he created his first clone, the first of many, named Marie, after her counterpart, Marie Antoinette.

The kindly older gentleman, often described as eccentric to those who meet him, insists on being a constant presence for all of his precious exhibits that he affectionately calls "his children".  When they first come out of the machines and vats which help to create the clones, Dr. Ashford is always there.  He is the one who helps to oversee the exhibit's immersion and acceptance of the new situation and surroundings they find themselves within.

Clones and Exhibits

With such potentially dangerous and unquestionably valuable works, there are strict and rigid rules that come with each and every creation that is to be made an exhibit.

It was decided early in the process that, once every few months, the clones would be switched out.  This is intended to keep the creations fresh, and to erase the taint of being exposed to the new world.  When a creation is switched out, a new creation was brought in.  Sometimes this can be the same creation, simply a new version of it.  Other times, to increase some interest, a new creation of another original is created and brought in.

One of the major and most important things is how the subject accepts and reacts to their new situations.  Early in the development, it was discovered that from time to time, the personalities and reactions were different.  While they might generally accept it, once in a while, there has been difficulties; rejection of such surroundings and circumstances have been noted in some instances.  This mindset is not, and can not, be tolerated, and is rooted out by destruction of the clone and creation of a newer copy.

Another major self imposed rule was to not clone controversial and dangerous figures, for not just the safety of the museum, but of the world as a whole.

One important and significant rule imposed was the strict forbiddance of exhibits being able to interact and communicate with one another.  They may see one another through the clear barrier of their exhibits, but with enough distance and technology has helped to prevent them from being able to communicate with one another through any significant means beyond simple hand gestures.

These clones have also been modified in minor ways.  A small chip has been implanted behind their ears, allowing them to understand and communicate in a variety of questions in a variety of languages from the multitude of various cultures and ethnicities that come to the museum.

The exhibits themselves are housed and held in dioramas that are tailored to the era and lifestyle from which they lived within.  Whether it's an scaled down room from the palace of Versailles, the chambers of a medieval king, or cave of an indigenous person, these dioramas are to be their exhibit areas (while some, sympathetic to these creations, call them dressed up prison cells). 

On one side of the room is a clear barrier of energy, designed to keep the exhibit in their diorama, and patrons out of the dioramas.  These barriers are kept in place 24/7, and feel like glass.
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

GnothiSeauton

Common Questions and Answers

Out-of-Character Questions and Answers

Who is/are the GMs?
GnothiSeauton is your main GM.  That is subject to change, should a viable candidate step forward to help run the group.

What is the pace of the group?
I have no set pace for the group.  I would prefer, and encourage, people to post at least once every week to two weeks.  But real life comes first, and things happen.  I more than understand that all too well.  Should you not post, or let me know (whether through the OOC or PM) that you're unable to post or if you've lost interest, I will consider you inactive and out of the game.

What is the rating for the story?
This is going to be placed in the extreme board, but do not let that deter you.  I intend for this group to be general light and casual in nature, but I am going to place this in the extreme board to offer the maximum creative expression possible within the story, as well as possible storylines.

Can I write a famous person from history?
Yes, you can.  However, if you do, I would ask that you speak with me first just to run the name by me.  I will not allow extremely controversial people from history (i.e. Adolf Hitler) from being played in the story.  This is for the comfort of the group and my own sanity, to safeguard against complaints and protests.

What is the plot to smut ratio for the group?
Sexual scenes and interactions are up to the individual writers and their characters.  This is not going to be a story where smut and sexual activity is pushed as an event, nor am I going to police people to remove such scenes. 

How many characters can I have?
For now, each person will be allowed two character slots.  That may change as the story develops and a clearer picture of the amount of interest is established.

Who do I send a character sheet to?
You can PM it to myself, GnothiSeauton.  I ask patience when it comes to sheet approval.  If I'm more than a few days late in getting back to you, I encourage you to give me a nudge, as sometimes I might get behind or lose track of PMs.

Is this LGBTQ friendly?
Absolutely.  I would warn and caution, however, that since this is a game of historical characters, some characters might not be as open minded or tolerant simply because of the era they are from.

What limitations are there for characters?
They must be human (or cloned if you will), and at least eighteen years of age or older.  The age limit is for the comfort of everyone involved.  You can not create a character or clone with superhuman abilities.

Is it possible to create play actual humans instead of the clones?  People who actually know what's going on in the larger sense?
It's something that I'm open to, having some museum security and lab personnel, but it's not something I am going to open to anyone.  There would be a very, very, very limited number of slots for this position, and it would have to be a solid concept.  If it's something you're interested in, please PM me first to discuss it before you take the time to write a sheet.

How much do I need to know about a certain era or timeframe for my characters?
I would ask that you possess at least a passing knowledge of the time and era, nothing that a simple little search on, say, Wikipedia could not help with.  I am not asking for history professors and experts here.  If you feel the urge to criticize someone's lack of knowledge of something so miniscule and asinine, I ask that you keep it to yourself.

What sort of events will be taking place?
This game is intended to be a sandbox type story, with some GM events and storylines.  You should not rely solely upon GM events as a means of having something to write.  This is a group game.  Be sociable. 

Where will the game be taking place?
The game and story will be set within the museum during a power outage, causing the barriers keeping the exhibits in their dioramas to be free to explore and interact.  This is going to be focused upon the museum at night.

In Character Questions and Answers

What is the life expectancy of the clones/exhibits?
If the exhibits were not changed out about every three months or so, they would survive up to six months to a year.  The cause of death is often internal organ failure, despite the efforts of researchers.

Can female clones/exhibits become pregnant?
The exhibits can not reproduce.  Pregnancy has been designed to be impossible for the females.

What is going to be the antagonist of the story?
I have a Big Bad in mind.  This will come into development as the story unfolds.

Do clones experience memories of the other "versions" of themselves?
No.  The DNA source that the clones are copied from is the original.  Clones are not copied from clones.

What are the legal status of the clones?
That is a subject of much debate and controversy within the country, and the world.  The current legal opinion in the United States is that the clones and exhibits are viewed as property, in that they were genetically created and engineered. 

What happens to the clones that are cycled out?
These clones, who are at the end of their exhibit life, are said to be sent to a relaxing, comfortable farm in an undisclosed location to live out the rest of their short lives, or so the Museum would have you believe in it's literature.  The truth of the matter is much darker and different.  While some of these exhibits are sold to the more discreet and distinguishable patrons of the museum, the majority of them are put down and cremated.

What sort of safeguards are in place to prevent these exhibits from establishing relationships with others?
With regards to clone-on-clone relations, they are insulated as best as possible from interacting while they are exhibits.  They can not communicate with one another through their viewing windows, and at night, when the museum is closed, this glass-like window becomes a frosted opaque.  When it comes to possible relations with technicians or museum workers, these workers and technicians are often rotated around and out, to help prevent relationships from being formed.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

GnothiSeauton

Character Creation and Submission

Please fill out this sheet, if interested, and PM it to GnothiSeauton.

Character Guidelines

• All characters must be eighteen years of age or older.
  • This is an LGBTQ friendly game.
  • Characters must be from before the year 2020.
  • Characters can come from any era before 2020, and any place within the world.
  • If a historical figure is deemed to be too controversial (i.e., Adolf Hitler), I reserve the right to deny the use of said figure.
  • Original Characters from before 2016/2017 must not be figures of world/history changing significance.  For example, no user-created President of the United States from the 1960's who decided to nuke the Soviet Union.

Character Name Here

Character Name:  The name of your character.

Timeframe or Era:  The year or timeframe/era from which your character is from. 

Personality:  Please give a brief description of your character's personality.  I'm not asking for a detailed psychological report, nor am I going to need a certain amount of positive, negative, and neutral descriptors.  Just give a picture of what their personality is.  How they act.  Etc.

Appearance:  Please give a brief description of your character's appearance.  Again, I'm not looking for a book.  A simple paragraph about their appearance, including clothing, notable marks and modifications (i.e., tattoos, piercings, etc) will suffice.

Face Claim:  The name of the model or actor/actress you're using for your character.  If you're unable to find the name, or are choosing to use artwork, please say so here.

Brief History:  This can be in bullet or paragraph form.  You can get the theme here.  I'm not looking for something big and epic.  All I want is a brief overview of your character's history and life.  How did they react and feel when being told of their present situation?

Diorama:  Please describe the diorama of where your character is being held.  Images are more than welcome, and are encouraged.

Likes:  The likes of your character.  These can be foods, music, personalities, etc., as well as sexual interests.

Dislikes:  The dislikes of your character.  Again, these can be foods, music, personalities, etc., as well as sexual activities.

Sexuality:  Your character's sexual preferences

On's and Off's Link:  A simple link to your own On's and Off's page if you have one.

Special Notes:  This section is where you can make a note of something important about you, or your character.

[center][font=georgia][size=12pt][b]Character Name Here[/b][/size][/font][/center]

[float=right][img height=350 padding=15]Image URL Here.  Feel free to alter the height of your image to match your preferences.[/img][/float]

[b]Character Name:[/b]  The name of your character.

[b]Age:[/b]  Your character's age.

[b]Timeframe or Era:[/b]  The year or timeframe/era from which your character is from. 

[b]Personality:[/b]  Please give a brief description of your character's personality.  I'm not asking for a detailed psychological report, nor am I going to need a certain amount of positive, negative, and neutral descriptors.  Just give a picture of what their personality is.  How they act.  Etc.

[b]Appearance:[/b]  Please give a brief description of your character's appearance.  Again, I'm not looking for a book.  A simple paragraph about their appearance, including clothing, notable marks and modifications (i.e., tattoos, piercings, etc) will suffice.

[b]Face Claim:[/b]  The name of the model or actor/actress you're using for your character.  If you're unable to find the name, or are choosing to use artwork, please say so here.

[b]Brief History:[/b]  This can be in bullet or paragraph form.  You can get the theme here.  I'm not looking for something big and epic.  All I want is a brief overview of your character's history and life.  How did they react and feel when being told of their present situation?

[b]Diorama:[/b]  Please describe the diorama of where your character is being held.  Images are more than welcome, and are encouraged.

[b]Likes:[/b]  The likes of your character.  These can be foods, music, personalities, etc., as well as sexual interests.

[b]Dislikes:[/b]  The dislikes of your character.  Again, these can be foods, music, personalities, etc., as well as sexual activities.

[b]Sexuality:[/b]  Your character's sexual preferences

[b]On's and Off's Link:[/b]  A simple link to your own On's and Off's page if you have one.

[b]Special Notes:[/b]  This section is where you can make a note of something important about you, or your character.

Seeking New Stories

Rel Mayer

I saw the preview for Westworld and it looks awesome. Plus, this group RP looks awesome! I'll have to brainstorm through a few character concepts, but I'm totally interested!

Sofia Grace

i am a fire
gasoline, come pour yourself all over me
we'll let this place go down in flames
only one more time

[ O/O ] [ A/A ]

GnothiSeauton

Glad to see you two interested.

I will post further information later today to hopefully clear up any questions.

Seeking New Stories

Aiden

I am interested, I totally thought of Clone High and Night in the Museum when I saw this before reading the setting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZFdz2vwU20

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Aiden on September 02, 2016, 10:23:31 AM
I am interested, I totally thought of Clone High and Night in the Museum when I saw this before reading the setting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZFdz2vwU20

Glad to see it caught your interest, Aiden :)

I've also decided to go ahead and post a sort of Question and Answer thing to hopefully clear up some questions.  You'll find this in the beginning of this thread.

Seeking New Stories

Foxy DeVille

Kokaine

Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Emjay

Queen Elizabeth *cough, cough*

I know that Marie Antoinette was mentioned in the game info but would be possible to play her?
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

GnothiSeauton

I'm thrilled to see all of the interest.

This weekend I'm planning on putting a couple of finishing touches on a few things, in addition to getting caught up in a few places (like my backlogged inbox), and will then officially open up recruitment.

If you would like to play a famous historical figure, you're more than welcome to make it known here as a sort of claiming thing until I get some things finished up and fixed up.

Quote from: Emjay on September 02, 2016, 09:39:52 PM

I know that Marie Antoinette was mentioned in the game info but would be possible to play her?

You're more than welcome to play her. 

Seeking New Stories

Foxy DeVille

I was thinking Chevalier D'Eon, transgender secret agent/professional fencer from 18th century France.

wigglebiscuit

Will iI finally get my wish of playing Wu Zetian in an RP? Though probably untrue, the rumors of how she projected her authority make for great stories.

Chrystal

Quote from: Emjay on September 02, 2016, 09:39:52 PM

RATS! Someone got to the Virgin Queen first!

Boadicea?

*desperately trying to think of other famous people who were probably lesbians*

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

GnothiSeauton

Glad to see you two are interested, Wigglebiscuit and Chrystal.

I wasn't home as much as I had thought today (yay random plans), so things aren't quite ready at the timw of this posting. I have a few finishing touches I want to do, as well as start assembling the threads. But I'm still planning on having everything up and running with sheet templates posted.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Seeking New Stories

Rel Mayer

Hope your weekend is well too, Gnothi!

I just wanted to throw around the possible ideas that I had. I'm thinking of playing a fun version of Marquis de Sade and I'm also throwing around Sacagawea as well. Would those work well? I'm also trying to find people from similar time periods for potential connections.

Chrystal

Quote from: Rel Mayer on September 04, 2016, 03:44:56 PM
Hope your weekend is well too, Gnothi!

I just wanted to throw around the possible ideas that I had. I'm thinking of playing a fun version of Marquis de Sade and I'm also throwing around Sacagawea as well. Would those work well? I'm also trying to find people from similar time periods for potential connections.

You need someone to play Leopold von Sacher-Masoch... Imagine those two getting together!

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Kadigan

I think this looks very interesting. I would throw out the idea of perhaps playing Lozen, Apache Warriors/rebel.

GnothiSeauton

All sound like excellent choices.

And just a reminder... If there isn't a famous, historical figure that intrigues you, you can create your own character as well. They wouldn't be famous, I.e. a made up President of the United States from the 1950s, but if you'd rather have do like a gunslinger from the old West of your own creation, bhild a little legend around them, i don't mind that at all.

Seeking New Stories

Kadigan

Out of curiosity is it going to be a direct cloning, or is going to be more like Jurassic Park? Where they're tweaked a little to be more "appealing" to audiences?

GnothiSeauton

Also...

A double post, but forgot to mention...

I am more than fine with, and encourage, people to add sides of their characters that the history books or public didn't get to see.

Have fun with it. That's the most important part.

Quote from: BarbaraGordon on September 04, 2016, 04:10:14 PM
Out of curiosity is it going to be a direct cloning, or is going to be more like Jurassic Park? Where they're tweaked a little to be more "appealing" to audiences?

I'm on my phone right now heading to dinner, so I can't give a detailed response, but for the most part it's a little of both, with a heavy skew towards the authentic rather than edited.

Will explain later in depth when I'm not on a phone that just loves to spaz out on me.

Seeking New Stories

Kokaine

I am leaning toward Cleopatra presently, if she's an option, though since it was brought up I am considering a female gunslinger from the wild west as an alternative.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Kokaine on September 04, 2016, 04:21:34 PM
I am leaning toward Cleopatra presently, if she's an option, though since it was brought up I am considering a female gunslinger from the wild west as an alternative.

Cleopatra is definitely an option. I dont think anyone has mentioned her before.

Seeking New Stories

Chrystal

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Chrystal on September 04, 2016, 04:33:15 PM
I am also considering the possibility of Eleanor Roosvelt...

I was watching her in Another Period and she absolutely cracked me up.

wigglebiscuit

Chrystal

I already kinda opted for her.... But if EmJay decides not to play QE-I then she would be my first choice.

wigglebiscuit

Quote from: Chrystal on September 04, 2016, 05:14:34 PM
I already kinda opted for her.... But if EmJay decides not to play QE-I then she would be my first choice.

Sorry. Missed that!

Emjay

After some soul searching I have decided to play Queen Elizabeth. It was a tough choice since I love Marie Antoinette and the Virgin Queen almost equally but the sheer bad-assery of Queen Elizabeth trumps my love for Marie.
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Emjay on September 04, 2016, 06:27:52 PM
After some soul searching I have decided to play Queen Elizabeth. It was a tough choice since I love Marie Antoinette and the Virgin Queen almost equally but the sheer bad-assery of Queen Elizabeth trumps my love for Marie.

You're more than welcome to play both, Emjay, if you want.

Right now, I'm going to be allowing two characters per writer.

Quote from: BarbaraGordon on September 04, 2016, 04:10:14 PM

Now that I'm home and getting comfy...

For the most part, it is going to be direct cloning.  This would be in order to preserve the most historically accurate, from the researchers' point of view, exhibits to be presented to the public.  Putting out a heavily altered, physically or mentally, exhibit would sort of defeat the purpose of the museum that strives to present authentic history from the past.

However, there might be some modifications here and there.  Some slight modification to, perhaps, soften a person's appearance or personality, to make them more appealing and emotionally accessible to the public.

Also, since I think there's a question out there...

You can write any historical figure, whether actual or user-created, (that isn't claimed) from any era, from any place in the world.  The Museum would create historical figures, as well as some everyday people and legends, to help paint a broader picture of what life might have been like in that time frame of the character.

Seeking New Stories

Emjay

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on September 04, 2016, 06:48:30 PM
You're more than welcome to play both, Emjay, if you want.

Right now, I'm going to be allowing two characters per writer.

Welcome home and...

*blinks* I can play both?!?!?  ;D If I can play both I will definitely be playing both *does a happy dance*

Edit: I will also be using Kirsten Dunst and Cate Blanchett as face claims
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

GnothiSeauton

Alrighty then...

Went ahead and linked the OOC and Game Info in the first post of this thread.  And I copied and pasted the character sheet info up into the beginning of this thread.

Seeking New Stories

eiselmann

260916 Sigh, on the back end of my laptop dying last week and getting a new one delivered, we now have had some local flooding where I live....fortunately for me no major damage since my house is a few feet above ground, however my back yard looks like the swimming pool I don't have ...so might take a day or two to get back to posting

The Betrayal at Yalta, one of the main reasons the world is the mess it is today

My ons and offs link

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=254364.0

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: eiselmann on September 05, 2016, 03:50:55 AM
Would King Arthur be an option?

If you're referring to the legend and literary figure, no.

Only actual, historical figures, or user created figures of no to slight historical significance.

Seeking New Stories

eiselmann

Cool wanted to be sure....I'll come up with an actual 'we know he existed' historical character

Edit

Alfred the Great , King of Wessex 871-899

260916 Sigh, on the back end of my laptop dying last week and getting a new one delivered, we now have had some local flooding where I live....fortunately for me no major damage since my house is a few feet above ground, however my back yard looks like the swimming pool I don't have ...so might take a day or two to get back to posting

The Betrayal at Yalta, one of the main reasons the world is the mess it is today

My ons and offs link

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=254364.0

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: eiselmann on September 05, 2016, 04:39:52 AM
Cool wanted to be sure....I'll come up with an actual 'we know he existed' historical character

Edit

Alfred the Great , King of Wessex 871-899

Alfred is more than fine with me.

Seeking New Stories

Chrystal

Quote from: wigglebiscuit on September 04, 2016, 05:39:02 PM
Sorry. Missed that!

Actually, I changed my mind, I'll think of someone else. If you want Boudica she is yours.

Kadigan

Out of curiosity before I start working more into the profile would anybody be interested in playing relatives of some sort?

wigglebiscuit

Quote from: Chrystal on September 05, 2016, 04:38:08 PM
Actually, I changed my mind, I'll think of someone else. If you want Boudica she is yours.
I'll take her.

If anyone is looking for inspiration, I highly suggest this site:
http://www.rejectedprincesses.com/princesses#_=_

Foxy DeVille

Chrystal

I'm thinking of Amelia Earhart, but filling that character sheet in is like pulling teeth.

Can't I just link to the Wikipedia page?

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Chrystal on September 06, 2016, 05:29:38 PM
I'm thinking of Amelia Earhart, but filling that character sheet in is like pulling teeth.

Can't I just link to the Wikipedia page?

You don't need to write a whole, big section for their history section.

You can do what I did with a short little blurb about their lives up to whenever they'd be cloned from.  For example...

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on September 04, 2016, 08:08:23 PM
Brief History:  Edward Teach was born in the seaport of Bristol, England, around 1680, to a well-to-do family.  Though he was equipped in his youth with the tools for success that few had, in schooling and learning to read and write, Edward wanted more out of life, and sought work aboard merchant vessels sailing to the colonies.

In time, the merchant seaman joined the ranks of privateers during the outbreak of Queen Anne's War.  After the war, he turned to a life of privacy, soon rising through the ranks aboard various vessels and attracting the respect of his peers.  As a captain, the pirate would become notorious for bold attacks and strategies, such as organizing and spearheading the blockade of one of the British Colonies' biggest ports.

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on September 04, 2016, 08:44:55 PM
Brief History: 

• Born in 1706, in Boston Massachusetts
  • Traveled about, bouncing between Philadelphia, and London, before returning to Philadelphia, working in various print shops and organizing intellectual clubs and groups
  • Earned fame and acclaim through writing influential pieces in newspapers he owned and books authored by himself, inventing new devices and creations, and making great strides in the study of electricity.
  • Became a diplomat through his fame and public persona, being a colonial agent to the British Parliament, and later a representative of Pennsylvania in the Continental Congress.
  • As a patriot, served as emissary to France and was instrumental in forging alliances in Europe.

Seeking New Stories

Mister Ugly

A very interesting concept. I do have a question? At what point in a personage's life are they cloned to and do they have all their life memories or just to that point?
Cloning as an example a young Queen Elisabeth might mean she does not know important things that happened later in her rule.
Depending on when in her life Cleopatra could be fore Jules Caesar or before Mark Antony.

I was since with Leonardo da Vinci depending on when in his life depends on what he has done.

MU
"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits"
Albert Einstein

What makes the ugly feel pretty ...

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Mister Ugly on September 06, 2016, 11:28:45 PM
A very interesting concept. I do have a question? At what point in a personage's life are they cloned to and do they have all their life memories or just to that point?
Cloning as an example a young Queen Elisabeth might mean she does not know important things that happened later in her rule.
Depending on when in her life Cleopatra could be fore Jules Caesar or before Mark Antony.

I was since with Leonardo da Vinci depending on when in his life depends on what he has done.

MU

It would be at whatever age/point in their life you would like it to be.  In Character, it would be from whenever the genetic material was taken.

From that point onward, they wouldn't know what happened.

For example, like, IC, a hair from my head that was taken two weeks ago was used to clone me, it wouldn't know what happened to me after that moment.

My Benjamin Franklin character is being cloned from 1783 (I think...)  He wouldn't know what happened after that, like the founding of the U.S. Government, drafting of the U.S. Constitution, etc.

Also...

I planned to get to sheets today, but the day has just been a pain in the ass.  I am hoping to get to them tomorrow.  Sorry for the delay.

Seeking New Stories

Chrystal

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on September 06, 2016, 05:51:39 PM
You don't need to write a whole, big section for their history section.

You can do what I did with a short little blurb about their lives up to whenever they'd be cloned from.  For example...

QuoteAfter the war, he turned to a life of privacy,

Er... That was a typo? I really don't see Blackbeard as being a very private person. In fact he was very definitely a most public person!

My issue is, trying to figure out which parts of her history are the most important. First woman to cross the Atlantic by air, but she didn't actually fly the plane... First woman to attempt to fly solo around the world but she disappeared over the South Pacific...

My other rather more obvious question is, will our clones know where they are? Will they know that they are not, in fact, the real person, but are a living, breathing museum exhibit? Will they have access to information about themselves? For example: Amelia cloned from DNA taken in 1933, will have flown solo across the Atlantic, received the DFC, and started her affair with Eleanor Roosevelt. But while she will not remember what else happened, the information is there in the history books and on the internet, and presumably in the museum's display information.... "Ms Earhart vanished on 2nd July 1937, along with her co-pilot Fred Noonan, while attempting to fly around the world. She was officially declared dead four years later".

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Chrystal on September 07, 2016, 03:32:21 AM

Er... That was a typo? I really don't see Blackbeard as being a very private person. In fact he was very definitely a most public person!

My issue is, trying to figure out which parts of her history are the most important. First woman to cross the Atlantic by air, but she didn't actually fly the plane... First woman to attempt to fly solo around the world but she disappeared over the South Pacific...

My other rather more obvious question is, will our clones know where they are? Will they know that they are not, in fact, the real person, but are a living, breathing museum exhibit? Will they have access to information about themselves? For example: Amelia cloned from DNA taken in 1933, will have flown solo across the Atlantic, received the DFC, and started her affair with Eleanor Roosevelt. But while she will not remember what else happened, the information is there in the history books and on the internet, and presumably in the museum's display information.... "Ms Earhart vanished on 2nd July 1937, along with her co-pilot Fred Noonan, while attempting to fly around the world. She was officially declared dead four years later".

Gah...  Yeah...  Totally a typo...  I'll go and change that right after this.

As far as history goes, I'm not asking for a whole lot.  Where/when she was born.  What helped to influence her interest in planes and flying.  You could mention the Flu pandemic that would affect her for the rest of her life.  What got her into flying, how she started.  Her first transatlantic flight.  Living with the fame after that, and how she would fly competitively and such.  How she tried to circumnavigate once, and it failed, and how she tried again and disappeared.  That right there, reworked a bit, is something I would accept.

To simply put a link to her wikipedia page or other resources just seems like an easy way out, and sets up a precedent that I'm not comfortable with.  In addition to that, just linking things, instead of a simple little blurb just makes it tedious to try and set up connections and interactions.  I know I don't want to have to read over a wikipedia page, for example, just to get an idea of who the person is and what happened in their lives for an interaction.  The little blurb about your character helps to make that easier for everyone involved, lets them know what you think is important about your character and their lives to whenever they were cloned.

I don't think I'm asking for a lot, but if the majority of others disagree, I'll happy defer to the majority decision.

As far as your other question goes, I think that they would at least be aware that they're living replicas.  How they react to that is up to you.  When it comes to finding out what happened to them after whatever time you have them being cloned from, the museum would take great steps and measures to try and limit such exposures.  To let the replicants know what happened in their lives, would sort of taint, in the view of the museum, the experience of these people being from the actual time period and actually being the person. 

They might ask questions, and might get answers to broad questions that are unavoidable.  Like, say, if Ben Franklin asked if the colonies won the war, he'd be told yes.  But personal questions, like how did I die, how long do I live, would be sort of glossed over, not really answered, and wouldn't be answered.

Seeking New Stories

Chrystal

So, specifically then, for Ms Earhart, she might possibly be told that she made two attempts to fly around the world, and that neither one was successful, but would not be informed of the reason for either failure nor how far she got...?

I think I will make her 37, from 1935, just before she started to plan the attempt.

Aiden

I think I am gonna go with Lawman

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elfego_Baca

I figured in the future, this is the type of things that would be a "main attraction", talks of the old west and days of the old west, etc.

Emjay

So I have decided that I will not be joining Ashford Museum. The muse is not cooperating with the character sheets but I wish you all the best with the game.
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]