Game of Thrones - Sandbox/Free-form RP (Now Recruiting!)

Started by BruceTheCat, April 27, 2016, 06:20:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rel Mayer

Quote from: lockepick on April 28, 2016, 11:03:25 AM
Posting interest! Right now I've got a plot idea to explain a Greyjoy in King's Landing that I think I can get behind. Not looking to play the head of house though, to be clear.

That's perfect, because my plots and character concept deal with Ava Greyjoy being the head of the house. I'd love to hear your plot idea, because I want to keep Greyjoy open for your possible plots and ideas.

I also have something that I would like Ava to do, so depending on the two ideas--we could have something pretty cool going on!

Quote from: summoner2183 on April 28, 2016, 11:07:41 AM
Definitely interested.

Awesome, let us know if you have any concepts or questions!

The Dark Raven

Interested.  Hadn't seen this thread and was drooling over the World Building thread last night.  Possibly as a Lannister.

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Aiden

The Dark Raven

I said "possibly".  :P  I've not had food or caffeine yet this morning, so it's an idea. ;)

Though I think my temperament fits a Tully more.

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Rel Mayer

Quote from: The Dark Raven on April 28, 2016, 11:19:06 AM
I said "possibly".  :P  I've not had food or caffeine yet this morning, so it's an idea. ;)

Though I think my temperament fits a Tully more.

I'm sure whatever you come up with will be amazing!

BruceTheCat

Your plot idea sounds fucking awesome Aiden!

Rel and I had a quick conversation about your question. We've decided that any Head of House who is not picked by a player is going to be NPC'd by one of us. So in this case, the old Shireen Baratheon. This isn't because we don't think you guys as players can do it, but because it would be boring for you to plot against your own NPC.

If we NPC them, there will be twists and turns you aren't expecting!
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Clio

Signature by the amazing Amaris.

Aiden

Quote from: Red Lobster on April 28, 2016, 11:23:55 AM
Your plot idea sounds fucking awesome Aiden!

Rel and I had a quick conversation about your question. We've decided that any Head of House who is not picked by a player is going to be NPC'd by one of us. So in this case, the old Shireen Baratheon. This isn't because we don't think you guys as players can do it, but because it would be boring for you to plot against your own NPC.

If we NPC them, there will be twists and turns you aren't expecting!

Thanks, I wanted to make it seem like a DnD adeventure. So any potential players want to go on a quest with a sell sword from the East looking to legitimatize himself and become a knight sound good, let's plot!

Also, totes face claiming Henry Cavil for my Robert Barratheon Reborn.

Caela

Thinking I'll like make two characters. One highborn (though probably not an heir) and one commoner of some sort.

Thinking, thinking.

The Dark Raven

Quote from: Aiden on April 28, 2016, 11:38:01 AM
Thanks, I wanted to make it seem like a DnD adeventure. So any potential players want to go on a quest with a sell sword from the East looking to legitimatize himself and become a knight sound good, let's plot!

Also, totes face claiming Henry Cavil for my Robert Barratheon Reborn.

Evil man...

Caela

Talking to the GMs about a concept in my head. Gonna stake a claim to Jaimie Alexander for her.

sweets

I am very much considering tossing my Ironborn defector up for this story as the one I had planned for her never worked out.

Amelita

Okay, here's a recap of what I pitched to Rel:

Wall of text:
Dorne is ruled by a king in his prime who unfortunately has fallen pray to the terrible disease plaguing Westeros, the mad fever. He has several children, the oldest a daughter, second a son and then three more daughters. The son has been preparing to take his place eventually, guiding his father into much more militaristic directions than the king himself was inclined to, but the son has his father's ear and the king is confident he will make a good ruler. The disease however has forced the king to rethink the traditional course of succession to the throne, since he does not want Dorne to resolve into uncertainty with someone in charge who is unfit to rule because of frail health. He fears what the disease will do to him and is humble enough in his mortality to know he is not excluded from it for being king. So, he came up with a plan.

Once he reaches the third stage of the disease, high fevers, his son and heir is to end his life. This is to happen in front of witnesses, it is to be signed in blood by both the king and his heir, and if the heir does not fulfil his promise he is to be hanged for treason. Extreme measures perhaps, but all for the sake of Dorne. (Some might argue vanity and a proud man's fear to fall from great king to a drooling madman (one Mad King was enough for Westeros), but so be it.) The son agrees to this, has no choice, and continues building what he believes will be his military, his kingdom. His birthright to rule. A talented general and strategist first and foremost, but with high ambitions of expanding Dorne and with it his rule and influence.

All of this goes sideways upon the new law of succession. Suddenly the son is no longer heir to Dorne, but his older sister. An older sister who has no wish to start wars, an older sister who is not fit to be ruler in the eyes of her younger brother. But their father complies with the law and the promise taken of the son is transferred to her, the daughter thus vowing to end her father's life upon the time he chose and by it take his place.

She knows her brother will have her killed.
She knows he will not kill their father until she is dead, but she has no doubt that he will.
She knows he will have her sisters killed in order to protect himself from their wrath. These four sisters, the oldest and the three younger, are Sand Snakes.

So she has to disappear from Dorne until the time comes to fulfil her promise and take her rightful place as ruler.

Her brother will hunt her and do his best to have her killed. Her sisters will help her. One of the sisters might eventually turn out to be in it for her own gain and stab the oldest in the back (literally or figuratively).

If she does succeed and takes her father's place, her brother might not accept that. He might rebel, he might keep trying to have her killed, he might set his sights on other conquests... Or he might get killed. Who knows, endless plotting potential there.  Her sisters are a whole other source of plots.

The Martells will have a sizeable army one way or the other, unaligned so far but that might change with the winds of politics as they go. Depending on what kind of plots will be tied into this one there is potential for all kinds of alliances and warfare, political or militant.

So that is where I'm at, currently xD

The king would be a GM npc preferably since he would be sick and his death a decided factor in the plot.
The brother would be open to other players to take on!
The other Sand Snakes would be open to players to take on (the younger sisters)!
I would be looking for links to get my girl, the oldest daughter, out of Dorne to stay alive (might have this in the works though)
I would be completely open to weaving this plot into plots for other houses to fill in puzzle pieces and have some writing fun!

And my girl would be portrayed by Freida Pinto :)

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Amelita on April 28, 2016, 12:13:13 PM
Okay, here's a recap of what I pitched to Rel:

Dorne is ruled by a king in his prime who unfortunately has fallen pray to the terrible disease plaguing Westeros, the mad fever. He has several children, the oldest a daughter, second a son and then three more daughters. The son has been preparing to take his place eventually, guiding his father into much more militaristic directions than the king himself was inclined to, but the son has his father's ear and the king is confident he will make a good ruler. The disease however has forced the king to rethink the traditional course of succession to the throne, since he does not want Dorne to resolve into uncertainty with someone in charge who is unfit to rule because of frail health. He fears what the disease will do to him and is humble enough in his mortality to know he is not excluded from it for being king. So, he came up with a plan.

Once he reaches the third stage of the disease, high fevers, his son and heir is to end his life. This is to happen in front of witnesses, it is to be signed in blood by both the king and his heir, and if the heir does not fulfil his promise he is to be hanged for treason. Extreme measures perhaps, but all for the sake of Dorne. (Some might argue vanity and a proud man's fear to fall from great king to a drooling madman (one Mad King was enough for Westeros), but so be it.) The son agrees to this, has no choice, and continues building what he believes will be his military, his kingdom. His birthright to rule. A talented general and strategist first and foremost, but with high ambitions of expanding Dorne and with it his rule and influence.

All of this goes sideways upon the new law of succession. Suddenly the son is no longer heir to Dorne, but his older sister. An older sister who has no wish to start wars, an older sister who is not fit to be ruler in the eyes of her younger brother. But their father complies with the law and the promise taken of the son is transferred to her, the daughter thus vowing to end her father's life upon the time he chose and by it take his place.

She knows her brother will have her killed.
She knows he will not kill their father until she is dead, but she has no doubt that he will.
She knows he will have her sisters killed in order to protect himself from their wrath. These four sisters, the oldest and the three younger, are Sand Snakes.

So she has to disappear from Dorne until the time comes to fulfil her promise and take her rightful place as ruler.

Her brother will hunt her and do his best to have her killed. Her sisters will help her. One of the sisters might eventually turn out to be in it for her own gain and stab the oldest in the back (literally or figuratively).

If she does succeed and takes her father's place, her brother might not accept that. He might rebel, he might keep trying to have her killed, he might set his sights on other conquests... Or he might get killed. Who knows, endless plotting potential there.  Her sisters are a whole other source of plots.

The Martells will have a sizeable army one way or the other, unaligned so far but that might change with the winds of politics as they go. Depending on what kind of plots will be tied into this one there is potential for all kinds of alliances and warfare, political or militant.

So that is where I'm at, currently xD

The king would be a GM npc preferably since he would be sick and his death a decided factor in the plot.
The brother would be open to other players to take on!
The other Sand Snakes would be open to players to take on (the younger sisters)!
I would be looking for links to get my girl, the oldest daughter, out of Dorne to stay alive (might have this in the works though)
I would be completely open to weaving this plot into plots for other houses to fill in puzzle pieces and have some writing fun!

And my girl would be portrayed by Freida Pinto :)

Already got chooo down, gurl.

And *cough*Iwannaplayasandsnakenow*cough*

Amelita

I feel like spoilering that wall >.>

Sorry, it was a little more than I realized xD

Quote from: Rel Mayer on April 28, 2016, 12:20:36 PM
Already got chooo down, gurl.

And *cough*Iwannaplayasandsnakenow*cough*

Yessss

~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~

BruceTheCat

Ame, would you be opposed to me playing as the brother as my second character? Your plot sounds super interesting, and I would love to play a younger, ambitious Red Viper character
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Amelita

Of course I wouldn't mind! That would be great  ;D

Having him played also adds a huge question mark on whether or not she will actually end up as ruler or not, which is fantastic for writing purposes!

Amelita

Also, spamming... Sorry...

I kind of a little bit want one of the dragon eggs to have landed in Dorne, since the Martells were the only ones raising arms to aid Daenery's upon her return...

-cough-

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Amelita on April 28, 2016, 12:38:03 PM
Of course I wouldn't mind! That would be great  ;D

Having him played also adds a huge question mark on whether or not she will actually end up as ruler or not, which is fantastic for writing purposes!

You're going to have a PM incoming (later today probably). Plotting about this Red Viper character and I think it will add even more depth to your plot!

Quote from: Amelita on April 28, 2016, 12:38:53 PM
Also, spamming... Sorry...

I kind of a little bit want one of the dragon eggs to have landed in Dorne, since the Martells were the only ones raising arms to aid Daenery's upon her return...

-cough-

Spam all you want!

I'm gonna have to get back to you on that one though. Right now I think Serah Targaryen brought some back from Dorne to start a little bit of a Targaryen plotline, but I don't mind changing it if there is an interesting plot element to it. It also doesn't mean that they gave her -all- the dragon eggs. They could have kept one. I do think that Red wants to keep it pretty hush, hush about the eggs.

I think for now we're not going to have dragons being part of the game until later.

BruceTheCat

I'm going to start plotting for the male Dorne character, and begin creating his sheet
- scribus1000

The Dark Raven

I am open for Riverlands plots at the very least.  Who wants to cause some havoc? ;)

Caela

All righty...having talked to our GM's as well, this is what I worked out: After the War of Five Kings, so many Noble families were decimated that problems arose in other areas as well. Particularly for those Orders that, traditionally, took in second and third sons. This impacted the Order of Maesters particularly brutally as families now needed their sons (who were still in line to rule then) to rebuild their bloodlines and didn't have extras to squander on the celibate Maesters. Facing the extinction of their Order, with no (or very very few) sons to refill their aging ranks, the Conclave made a decision...they agreed to accept the admittance of women to the Order. Women would be housed in their own wing of the citadel and would swear the same oaths of service and celibacy as the male Maesters. It wasn't a wildly popular decision, but it was an entirely practical one.

I'll be making a female Maester whose chain of office will have links for Medicine (silver), Ravenry (black iron), and Warcraft (regular iron). I'm still working out her entire background in my head but am thinking she was, likely, born a Barratheon but will have given up any claim to that name (as all Maesters do) when she went to study at the Citadel. I'll need to work out where she'll be stationed but if anyone has a specific use for a Healer (this is her main focus though she's also trained in other areas) let me know. :D

Amelita

Well the Martells could use a Healer to keep the King as healthy as he can be for as long as possible, with the sickness settling in...

As for dragons and eggs, all good guys! It was just a random thought xD

We'll have to plot plot plot with those Dorne bodies!

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Caela on April 28, 2016, 12:54:14 PM
All righty...having talked to our GM's as well, this is what I worked out: After the War of Five Kings, so many Noble families were decimated that problems arose in other areas as well. Particularly for those Orders that, traditionally, took in second and third sons. This impacted the Order of Maesters particularly brutally as families now needed their sons (who were still in line to rule then) to rebuild their bloodlines and didn't have extras to squander on the celibate Maesters. Facing the extinction of their Order, with no (or very very few) sons to refill their aging ranks, the Conclave made a decision...they agreed to accept the admittance of women to the Order. Women would be housed in their own wing of the citadel and would swear the same oaths of service and celibacy as the male Maesters. It wasn't a wildly popular decision, but it was an entirely practical one.

I'll be making a female Maester whose chain of office will have links for Medicine (silver), Ravenry (black iron), and Warcraft (regular iron). I'm still working out her entire background in my head but am thinking she was, likely, born a Barratheon but will have given up any claim to that name (as all Maesters do) when she went to study at the Citadel. I'll need to work out where she'll be stationed but if anyone has a specific use for a Healer (this is her main focus though she's also trained in other areas) let me know. :D

Quote from: Amelita on April 28, 2016, 12:56:41 PM
Well the Martells could use a Healer to keep the King as healthy as he can be for as long as possible, with the sickness settling in...

As for dragons and eggs, all good guys! It was just a random thought xD

We'll have to plot plot plot with those Dorne bodies!

Very good point. It would also be interesting to have more people dive into the Baratheon plot as well. :) Just a suggestion.

Or, if it manifests into something amazing with a huge plot, go for it!

The Dark Raven

I plan to hop into the Baratheon plot with my Tully.