Religions of the World: In la Nutshell

Started by Inkidu, October 01, 2008, 05:05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkidu

Fair warning. If you are easily offended by the word shit. You've been warned. Oh and if you have some religious qualms don't keep reading.
Last chance
Serious

The universal understanding of religion: Shit happens.

Catholicism: Shit happens and it's all my fault.

Judaism: Why does this shit happen to me

Daoism (Taoism): What is the sound of shit happening

Paganism: Does a bear shit in the woods? Yes, yes he does.

Buddhism: Clear your mind of all the shit happening.

Islam: Shit happens and Muhammad is its profit.

Confucianism: Confucius says "Shit happens."

Hinduism: Shit happens, over, and over, and over...

Agnosticism: Shit may or may not be happening

Atheism: Shit doesn't happen!

Shintoism: Shit happens in the sky and the grass and the water.

Rastafarian: We smoke dat shit!

And my personal favorite.

Jehovah's Witness: Knock, knock shit happens.

Oh and because it's an official religion in Australia, and unofficial in most other parts of the world.

The Belief in the Force (Work on that guys): Shit happens around us, and perpetrates us, surrounds us and moves us.     
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

mwilson

as a little note, Jedi is now also a recognised religion in the UK as well since the last census was conducted around 2001 mainly due to the student population putting Jedi on the form  ;D

Wistful Dream

Well that's a simplistic way of looking at it.....

Inkidu

Quote from: mwilson on October 01, 2008, 05:13:27 PM
as a little note, Jedi is now also a recognised religion in the UK as well since the last census was conducted around 2001 mainly due to the student population putting Jedi on the form  ;D
No joke my dad put Worshiper of Gambabu the Himalayan Frog God because he couldn't just skip the religion field. And then some center asked him a week or so later if he'd like to rent out a room for his religious practices.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Inkidu

Quote from: Wistful Dream on October 01, 2008, 05:28:24 PM
Well that's a simplistic way of looking at it.....
Yes dear that's what the phrase, "In a nutshell." kinda sorta means. :D

Wistful Dream

Quote from: Inkidu on October 01, 2008, 05:30:20 PM
Yes dear that's what the phrase, "In a nutshell." kinda sorta means. :D

Well I couldn't think of what else to say to comment....give the girl with a migraine some slack >.< Lol jk, funny though.

ShrowdedPoet

Kiss the hand that beats you.
Sexuality isn't a curse, it's a gift to embrace and explore!
Ons and Offs

Inkidu

ShrowdedPoet

Ons and Offs

Oniya

Paganism would make it go on for a couple more screenfuls.

Dianic Wiccan: Shit happens because of men!
Erisian: Kumquat xenophile fnord.  Have an apple?
Asatru: Let's beat the shit out of someone!
Enochian: The angels gave me a tablet that says shit happens.

Not to be confused with:

Mormonism: The angels gave me a tablet that says shit happens - but only I can read it, so I buried it.

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

ShrowdedPoet

Ons and Offs

Inkidu

Mathim

How the hell could you have forgotten the best one of all? This was from a t-shirt with most of these sayings on there:

Rastafarianism: We smoke the shit.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Inkidu

Quote from: Mathim on October 02, 2008, 01:28:06 PM
How the hell could you have forgotten the best one of all? This was from a t-shirt with most of these sayings on there:

Rastafarianism: We smoke the shit.
You're right I did!

The Overlord

Quote from: Inkidu on October 01, 2008, 05:05:02 PM

Islam: Shit happens and Muhammad is its profit.

Profit? Typo or clever homonym?

The Overlord

Quote from: mwilson on October 01, 2008, 05:13:27 PM

And Sith as well if I have heard correctly?

The Sith philosophy then-

"Peace is a lie, there is only shit.
Through shit, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Shit shall free me."

Sith happens.  :D

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Oniya on October 02, 2008, 12:11:09 PM
Asatru: Let's beat the shit out of someone!

Nah :)

This is wyrd shit, pass the mead  ;)
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

HairyHeretic

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Oniya

*nods*  Knew that - I was just going for something involving the blue body paint.

HairyHeretic

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Cecilia

No Flying Spaghetti Monster?  I think pastafarians everywhere should be enraged by being left out!

Oniya

Pastafarians - This shit needs more tomato sauce/garlic/Parmesan   ???

Kiara

what about scientology?

Shit happens here and in outerspace?

Oniya

Quote from: Kiara on October 04, 2008, 03:05:34 PM
what about scientology?

Shit happens here and in outerspace?

If shit happens, see "Dianetics", p.157.