News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Superbowl!!!

Started by Serenity Vixen, January 29, 2008, 05:23:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spookie Monster

It's good to see that there are some Giants supporters here after all.  I've been genuinely impressed by these Giants in particular and I believe that they've earned their place in Super Bowl XLII.  As I said above, I do want to see the Patriots win -- goodness yes.  If they lose, though, I won't feel ashamed, because the Giants are a talented and passionate team.  Anyway, here's to a good, clean, injury-free game!

Oh, and sorry to hear that you'll be working, Kazyth... :(

Quote from: appleoferis on January 30, 2008, 07:12:13 PMUhm... and Giants too. I distrust anything with the word 'Patriot' in it.

Hey, giants are as dangerous as jingoes!  According to my copy of Monster Manual, even the lowly hill giant is able "to hurl rocks from 1" to 20" distances, inflicting 2-16 hit points of damage"!

(*cough*)

Besides, the Giants are the G-Men! ;D

Incidentally, would anybody like to venture a guess as to the final score?  It's a little cheap of me to ask, granted -- I myself always try to avoid predicting scores -- but I imagine that somebody here will be willing to give it a shot...

Spel
Like Elliquiy?
My ONs and OFFs
~ R.I.P., Cam ~ ~ R.I.P., Judi ~ ~ R.I.P., Steph ~

Serenity Vixen

The Giants have my respect, and they have indeed earned their place in the surperbowl. They gave the Patriots one of their hardest games of the season, and though I do not think they will, it is certainly within their ability to hand the Patriots an upset. I sincerely hope they do not do this though as I have a rather steep bet with my room mates over the winner :P
"I once tried to take over the world, but then I got distracted by something shiny"
"There are 3 kinds of people in the world. Those that are good at math, and those who are not"

Kazyth

Ooooh, 'Slave For A Week' kind of bets?   ;D
A rose by any other name... still has thorns you can prick someone with. - Me.

King_Furby

21 - 28 pats. i expect it to be close.

Serenity Vixen

Wow Kazyth, you hit that one right on the head *Blush*

Thing is, it is a good bet since I know how the slave would be used, and even if I lose I win :P
"I once tried to take over the world, but then I got distracted by something shiny"
"There are 3 kinds of people in the world. Those that are good at math, and those who are not"

Vekseid

Quote from: King_Furby on January 30, 2008, 09:38:19 PM
The pats will probably rape the giants.

I think our female audience would pay for that.

Elvi

Errrr....not really, though I am sure some of the males would..... 
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

Serenity Vixen

Serenity Vixen

Interesting Quote from Laurence Fishburne on the Superbowl

"How do you choose between the Undefeated and the Underdog?"

I just liked that quote :)

King_Furby

Sugarman (hal)

HALF TIME 7/3 New England

Go Gaints
"And in the end
The love you take
Is equal to the love you make."

My On/Off's

Bliss

O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

King_Furby

at 7 - 10 it does not look good for the pats at the moment. I fear i may lose some money now =) only 20 bucks but still damn.

pats need to just play better and protect tom brady if they hope to win.

once the 5 minute mark hit NE seemed to have found their grove, i hope they keep it up for the last 3 minutes of the game. w

Sugarman (hal)

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Giants upset them  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
"And in the end
The love you take
Is equal to the love you make."

My On/Off's

King_Furby

yep 64% of the nation was wrong.

NE just could not get much going, their offensive line messed up play after play after play. This goes to show you noone is perfect forever.

though i still consider NE the best team this year based on they only lost once though it just happened to be the final game. I give alot of credit to the giants for taking the game they played great.

CRY..i not only lost 20 bucks but football season is pretty much over.

just the pro bowl is left which is on next sunday. don't forget about that one football fans

Bliss

AAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*gets up, dusts self off, goes and puts on BoSox jersey*
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Serenity Vixen

*Sigh*

I guess I get to learn what it means to play slave-girl :P

Trieste

Damn. Well, at least I had fun at the Superbowl party.

Apple of Eris

I think I only really noticed the last quarter since I was mostly drunk and sleepy, but god what a game. I was so happy the giants won! Hee!

And House was goooooooood.
Men are those creatures with two legs and eight hands.  ~Jayne Mansfield
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, then call whatever you hit the target. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Cherri Tart

Quote from: Serenity Vixen on February 03, 2008, 10:12:41 PM
*Sigh*

I guess I get to learn what it means to play slave-girl :P

*smiles* take it from me, there's nothing better! :D
you were never able to keep me breathing as the water rises up again

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Spookie Monster

Many congratulations to the Giants and to their fans.  It's been a wild season and you guys most certainly earned that trophy.  Hoist it high! :)

I'm not sure whether I should be offering you condolences or congratulations, Serenity Vixen.  Whichever you prefer... ;D

Spel
Like Elliquiy?
My ONs and OFFs
~ R.I.P., Cam ~ ~ R.I.P., Judi ~ ~ R.I.P., Steph ~

King_Furby

the pats are being sore losers. I expected their coach to be and i figured moss might be but not brady. Moss and Brady have pulled out of the pro bowl which i find lame. i understand how loseing after being pretty much perfect would take away some drive to play for a bit but this is too much. If the pats act like this after a loss then i am glad the giants won

MagicalPen

I've seen a lot of PATS fans complaining about the officiating. Like on that play by Tyree (aka Amazing Catch after Manning Scrambled)...they're all crying about HOLDING on that play. I didn't see anything close that could have been called. I thought the game was very well officiated - they let them play and there were very few penalties.

Its funny that PAT fans are complaining about the officiating though...you can go back to the 2nd half of this season and see so many calls that went in the PATS favor so that they had a chance at the perfect season (a few notable plays from the Baltime game, for instance, and the last game of the season against the Gaints where Whilfork purposely poked Jacobs in the eye).

All in all, definitely one of the most exciting, if not the best, superbowl I have ever seen. The better team won, no doubt about it. Only downside is now those '72 Dolphins still have bragging rights. *grumble*

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Serenity Vixen

That isn't completely fair. From what I understand, only two of the Patriots players pulled out of the Probowl, and both had injuries. Given their performance in the Superbowl, that may have been the proper call to make

MagicalPen

Brady and Moss are not injured! The reason they both did poorly in the superbowl is because of the pressure the Giants got on Brady. Never gave him a chance to throw downfield. And with those hell-mary's at the end of the game, his ankle was perfectly fine. The player replacing Moss has been injured most of the season but is putting off surgery until after the Pro-Bow. At not one point during the game did we see either of them getting medical attention.

Burress, on the other hand, played the entire season injured. Didn't practice at all during the week before the Bowl because of his Knee and Ankle injuries. Don't see him wimping out of anything.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games