Pathfinder Adventures in the Emerald Spire [Players Wanted]

Started by PhantomPistoleer, June 15, 2018, 03:36:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhantomPistoleer

THE EMERALD SPIRE

The game has started.  Everyone is free to join.  The game.

The game now has an OOC.  The OOC chat.

Hello, adventurers --

This is a Pathfinder game set in the fictional world of Golarion.  This game uses the Emerald Spire Superdungeon Adventure Module and a variety of other modules, adventure paths, and customized scenarios to create a living, breathing world.  The game follows an adventuring guild as they work their way through the Emerald Spire. 

Players are encouraged to come and go at their leisure.  Aside from building a character in accordance to the rules, there is no GM admission required.  The game is completely open.  However, players may not intrude upon closed scenes within the open world without prior permission from the players participating in the scene.

Example:  Moose, Ox, and Tilda are in the middle of a steamy threesome.  Suddenly, Monk kicks the door open.  "Here's dessert!" he screams, disrobing.  Is this permissible?  It depends.  If Moose, Ox, and Tilda's scene is closed, and Monk did not get permission to participate, then Monk's actions are prohibited.  If Moose, Ox, and Tilda have an open scene, or if Monk got permission to participate in a closed scene, then Monk's actions are permitted.

Characters level equally, but participating characters will be wealthier.

This game takes place at the Emerald Spire, which is located six miles northeast of Fort Inevitable, a Hellknight-controlled settlement located in the River Kingdoms.  Since characters are generally from here, a map has been provided.

• Caerlin's Vineyard
  • The Stonde Homestead
  • Drurn's Tannery
  • Naldred's Farm
  • Holworth Dairy
  • Serragon Ironworks
  • Misty Lake
  • Kettlefoot Mill
  • Mosswater Gate
  • City Wall
  • Gate Market
  • Zoldor's Masonry
  • The Juliver Arms
  • The Red Shield Tavern
  • Foldmar Stables
  • Gertrand Yeldun
  • Mirelinda the Clothier
  • North Gate Cemetery
  • Temple of Silence
  • The North Gate
  • Garrison Stable
  • Nolm Bindery
  • The Stalwart Priory
  • Sefurd's Potions and Reagents
  • Rillin's Armory
  • Braddon's General Store
  • Victory Fountain
  • Hall of Rectitude
  • Mardyl Barracks
  • The Bailey
  • Chancery
  • Commander's Citadel
  • Temple of the Golden Key
  • Goldfoot's Mercantile
  • Juliver Leather Goods
  • The Salamander Company
  • Tsador's Arms
  • The Helmed Lady
  • Lord Commander's Granary
  • Dilapidated House
  • Abernard Royst's House
  • Juliver Gate
  • Town Sewers

CHARACTER CREATION

The rules for character creation are both strict and liberal.  They are:

Race: Human, half-elf, elf (but the GM may be bribed by attractive females); addendum: half-drow and scaled-down drow, which are on par of the core races, are also acceptable;
Class: Paizo, with restrictions;
Attributes: 20, 19, 18, 17, 16, 15;
Traits: 2;
HP: Max HP;
Level: Gestalt 1 (0 xp);
Gold: 300 gp;

Class Restrictions:  Players may elect any two Paizo classes, however:

• players cannot combine a full-casting class with any other casting class.  For the purposes of this game, a full-casting class is a class that has access to level 9 spells.  For example, a player cannot combine a cleric and a wizard or a cleric with a spell-casting ranger.
  • players may combine lesser casters.  For example, a player may combine a ranger and a paladin.

RPing:  Characters should be (a) adventurous, (b) friendly, and (c) generally inclined towards dungeoneering.  Characters also generally know each other or of each other.  Although they will form a guild in the future, the guild hasn't been formed yet.

Art:  Players must use the following type of character art:

Images should not be anime, manga, photographs, or “quaint.”  By quaint, I mean that the images shouldn't be amateurish, both in content or in style.

Conventions:

• Pace:  The game is fast-paced.  To that end, players should expect to post at least twice a week.

• Post length:  Posts should not be voluminous.  Be direct and succinct.  I want to run a game, not run a writer's workshop.

• Questions:  I am happy to answer questions about the game.  But I am not here to give a soliloquy about random historical topics of the world.

• Actions:  I don't want to read two paragraphs to suss out what you're doing.  When we are in combat, you will have:  a free action, a swift action, a move action, and a standard action, or just a full action.  Whatever is happening has to happen within those six seconds.  That means that within an action, a character can only say fifteen words.

F.A.Q.

Can I use feats from 3.5 D&D?  At this time, you may not use feats from previous D&D editions.

Can I use material from third-party publishers?  No, at this time, you may not use material from third-party publishers.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

PhantomPistoleer

EVEN MORE CONVENTIONS

WHAT HEADERS SHOULD LOOK LIKE:

Mouser
Human Rogue/Swashbuckler, 13 HP, AC 19, Character Sheet.
Known for biting off more than he can chew.

Note:  Characters aren't required to have vast backstories.  In fact, I highly discourage them because I am definitely not going to read them.  But characters should be known for something.  Mouser here is known for getting into difficult spots because he overestimates his abilities.  Characters should make note of that when engaging him.

For example, "as Mouser entered the forest, he noticed Candace sitting on a tree.  Candace is known for being an excellent hunter.

"Good morning, Candace," Mouser said politely.  "Good game today?"

"Good morning to you," Candace said.  "Game's good.  Caught three rabbits.  And you?  You're not going off to go do something stupid, are you?"

Essentially, this is the only instance where one player can force another player's character to think a certain way.  Players are free to choose how to proceed with that piece of knowledge though.  A conservative character might not want to follow Mouser around because they might think that he invites danger, while someone that is more loyal might feel compelled to accompany the young fencer to protect him from harm.  Candance's hunting abilities might draw the jealous ire of another hunter who is also known for being a great hunter, or create amicable hostilities with a druid who is known for being caring to animals.

WHAT COMBAT ACTIONS IN COMBAT SHOULD LOOK LIKE:

Free Action:  Mouser grimaces and says, "... damn it, I hate snakes."

Full Round Action:  Nevertheless, he resigns himself to charge towards the giant snake, drawing his rapier in the same movement.
And he pierces the enormous serpent in the chest (result of 18), dealing 14 damage because he dealt sneak attack damage since he struck before the snake ever acted.

Generally, move actions should be in their own separate action, but a charge is a full-round action.

Contextual roleplay between characters can be as lengthy as mutually desired.  However, I would like for players to be the soul of brevity when addressing me.  If you find that you absolutely must draft five paragraphs to get your point across, then please address me separately.  For example,

"[FIVE PARAGRAPHS OF GREAT WRITING].

GM, my character changed into fresh linen."

If you don't need to address the GM, or if the GM does not need to resolve any rolls or issues, please state "GM may overlook" prior to your post.

GM FIATS AND PROMPTS

Characters can have deeper relationships with one another.  They can be best pals or lovers or have a friendly, albeit dangerous, rivalry.  It's up to you.  Also, while new characters can generally be introduced as "just showing up," it's more likely for me to introduce new characters by placing them in perilous situations.

For example, Mouser, Candace and Ox are walking along the beaten path towards the Emerald Spire.  The walk has been pleasant, as the sky is blue and the breeze is crisp.  Suddenly, Candace hears a scream in the distance.  Ox and Mouser didn't hear anything.

"Quickly, come with me," Candace says, as she hurries towards the river.  Ox and Mouser glance at each other, shrug, and follow after her.

Candace arrives at the shoreline first, but the two men arrive just in time to see an Elven woman get swept past by the roaring river.

"... Holy shit!" Mouser said, recognizing the woman from her platinum bolt of hair.  "That's Tilda!"

"We must help her," Candace said.  "Let's go!"
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Florence

Hmmm... potentially interested!

The race selection is pretty limited, though.

Would a half-drow be allowed? They're generally covered under half-elf, I believe.

Edit: Alternatively, what about full-blooded drow? They're considered a separate race from elves mechanically, but they are still technically elves...
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Florence on June 15, 2018, 04:13:39 PM
Hmmm... potentially interested!

The race selection is pretty limited, though.

Would a half-drow be allowed? They're generally covered under half-elf, I believe.

Edit: Alternatively, what about full-blooded drow? They're considered a separate race from elves mechanically, but they are still technically elves...

A half-drow is acceptable.

A scaled-down drow is also acceptable.  I am mostly seeking to avoid diminuitive and monstrous races.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

PhantomPistoleer

Quote1) How will it be formatted party-wise? Will players come in with pre-formed parties, or will they need to organise themselves in-game?

The answer to this question is complicated.  The GM has no hand in formatting a party, and neither do the players.  The characters are in charge of establishing their foothold in the Emerald Spire, and that means that they are responsible for creating party tactics with the weapons that they have available, as well as establishing a pecking order.

I understand the need to have a healer, a wizard, a DPS, and a soaker, but this game isn't about putting together a puzzle, but rather, ramming weird pieces together.

Quote2) What limits are there on backstory?

You can definitely have a backstory, but I just don't care to read it.  I made a revision to the second post that discusses backstories which you may have missed because I finished it after you posted.  I don't get having a laundry list of things that happened to you, and then doing nothing with it.

But, I do want to have character-centric story-arcs which revolve around unspoken elements of that character's backstory.

For example:  Mouser slams a letter on the guild's tabernacle.

"What's the matter?" Candace asked, unperturbed.

"The Freehold Gang kidnapped my sister," Mouser said, a grim expression on his usually exuberant face.

"Wait," Candace replied.  "You have a sister?"

Quote3) Are there any rumours about the emerald pillar and the riches down below?

Sure.  There are tons of rumors.  It's a living, breathing world, with, like, ten groups trying to wrest control of the lower levels of the dungeon.

Quote4) Within the tower, what is the terrain roughly like? Is it all cramped areas, or are there going to be wide open spaces for more mount-orientated characters to "Shine," as it were? The reason I ask is, I have a character in mind who is a mounted character, but if the place is just gonna be cramped quarters...well yeah, y'know? xD

Like all things, it depends.

I mean, look:

Some areas might be able to house a horse.  Some areas might not.  Since the spire has a magical elevator, getting the horse in and out won't be a problem.  Getting him around the levels might suck, though.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

GunmetalDreamer

QuoteClass: Paizo, with restrictions

Whelp, I guess I have to ask.  Gunslinger, yay or nay?

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: GunmetalDreamer on June 15, 2018, 09:06:26 PM
Whelp, I guess I have to ask.  Gunslinger, yay or nay?

Yay.

Or more like... YAY.

But maybe like... YAYAYAYAY!
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Chulanowa

Been wanting to give this thing a run for a while now, so I'm in  :D

PhantomPistoleer

The game has started.  Everyone is free to join.  The game.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Florence

Haha, I was actually working on a gunslinger myself.

My basic idea was a gunslinger/cleric, whose basic deal is "gunslinging Sarenrae worshipper who doesn't like talking about her past"

Given the nature of this game, though, I don't think it seems like having two gunslingers would be a huge problem.

Especially since gestalts mean we can get all sorts of combinations to keep things fresh.

Here's what I was thinking for her appearance.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

I was originally thinking of darker skin, being half-drow, but this was really the image I think fit the most, so I mean, she got her skin tone from her human side, I guess? The hair still looks drowy, right?
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Florence on June 15, 2018, 09:57:36 PM
Haha, I was actually working on a gunslinger myself.

My basic idea was a gunslinger/cleric, whose basic deal is "gunslinging Sarenrae worshipper who doesn't like talking about her past"

Given the nature of this game, though, I don't think it seems like having two gunslingers would be a huge problem.

Especially since gestalts mean we can get all sorts of combinations to keep things fresh.

Here's what I was thinking for her appearance.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

I was originally thinking of darker skin, being half-drow, but this was really the image I think fit the most, so I mean, she got her skin tone from her human side, I guess? The hair still looks drowy, right?

Multiple gunslingers are fine.  Maybe the two of you could be siblings.  Maybe you could have had the same gunslinging sensei.  Who knows?

I think the image is fine.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Chulanowa

One question; what do you mean by "quaint" in  terms of character images?

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Chulanowa on June 15, 2018, 10:14:57 PM
One question; what do you mean by "quaint" in  terms of character images?

I don't want to see art that isn't serious both in content and style.

For example, something like this would be unacceptable:

Also, something like this would be unacceptable, too:

I guess "quaint" is a vague term to use, but to me, it adequately covers the sort of art that I'm not interested in seeing in this game.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Chulanowa

So, basically you mean amature-ish, "I found this on Elfwood" sketchy-cartoony stuff?  ;D So
this is a no-go
but
this could work
?

Asking 'cause my artistic tastes have a broad range and I kiiiiiinda dislike the hyper-busy jrpg-style one finds in like "Legends of the cryptics" art. Can work with it, but not a favorite.

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Chulanowa on June 15, 2018, 10:36:15 PM
So, basically you mean amature-ish, "I found this on Elfwood" sketchy-cartoony stuff?  ;D So
this is a no-go
but
this could work
?

Asking 'cause my artistic tastes have a broad range and I kiiiiiinda dislike the hyper-busy jrpg-style one finds in like "Legends of the cryptics" art. Can work with it, but not a favorite.

I would say that the first image is precisely what I had in mind.

The second image is still too cartoony, especially when I'm looking for art like this:

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Florence

Question: Half-Elves get two favored classes, for gestalt would that mean they'd get two favored class benefits each level, or just one?

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Florence on June 15, 2018, 10:44:04 PM
Question: Half-Elves get two favored classes, for gestalt would that mean they'd get two favored class benefits each level, or just one?

They can only receive one class benefit at a time.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Vergil Tanner

Question:

As a GM, what would you recommend I take as a Favoured Enemy at level 1? I know you can't tell us everything that's gonna go down, but maybe some loose suggestions so I don't end up burning my first class feature? :P
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on June 15, 2018, 11:15:03 PM
Question:

As a GM, what would you recommend I take as a Favoured Enemy at level 1? I know you can't tell us everything that's gonna go down, but maybe some loose suggestions so I don't end up burning my first class feature? :P

Goblins for the first level.

Also, you can always re-spec when you reach a new level.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Vergil Tanner

TA DA!

The Mythweavers Sheet
Name: Temudaria, formerly of the Atanai Clan.
Sex: Bisexual Female

Race: Human
Class: Ranger
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Level: Gestalt Ranger / Monk Unchained (Zen Archer) 1
EXP: 0

Basic Appearance:
Standing at just under six feet tall with slender shoulders and an athletic body, Temudaria is the exemplar of what a Eurasian Horseman should be; muscular, powerful but also lithe and flexible, ready to spring into action at a moments notice. As her clan taught her, she does not wear very much save the bare minimum to keep her modesty intact. Her skin is obviously of a fair base but tanned slightly brown, with long blonde hair kept in a high ponytail and yet still hanging around her shoulders. Her eyes, in contrast to her dark hair, are a strikingly bright emerald green and though the elements have weathered her young face with a slight hardness, her skin remains soft and warm to the touch, delicate, attractive features proving difficult to remove. She has a classically beautiful hourglass figure with a slender waist, wide hips, long legs and a generous chest, enough such that should she desire company for the night...well, she very rarely misses out. Her mouth is always quick to smile and her eyes seem to permanently twinkle with wry delight and amusement; despite her hardships, she has not yet lost her sense of humour, and she enjoys living life to the fullest...as should be obvious both from the amount of notches in her belt that she has accrued, and how many scars she has collected from jealous men and monsters both. He is never seen without at least her bow on her back and her horse by her side, a tankard of strong ale in her hand a boisterous laugh on her lips. However, if you sneak a glance at her in the quiet hours of the morning, you might just see a deep ennui, an almost brooding sadness in her eyes...at least before she spots you and raises a toast in your honour.

Basic Background:
Temudaria was once a proud member of the Atanai Clan, one of the larger tribes of the nomadic peoples who populate the near northern edge of the River Kingdoms. For the most part, the Tribesmen lived a peaceful life, deliberately staying away from the artificial and ever changing borders of the Kingdoms to the South both in order to preserve their way of life and avoid the notice of their warlike neighbours. For a good few hundred years, it worked; whilst their existence was acknowledged, they were nothing more than a footnote in history, a small side thought in the annals of history. Temudaria, specifically, was born and raised in their small community as the daughter of the Chieftain – the next in line to the leadership of their tribe, should she prove herself worthy - learning all she could of horsemanship, archery and mounted warfare, learning the best way to steer a horse, the best way to feed and groom it, the best way to bond with it and ensure that it never abandoned her in her time of need. She learned how to forage and survive in the wild, she learned how to interpret Omens from The Spirits, and she learned the secrets of the Atanai Clans most famous warriors, those men and women who could accurately fire a bow from horseback without so much as slowing down to aim. She reached her 19th Birthday, a full woman, and was ready to head out on her first real hunting trip to deal with a monster that had been terrorising the local area.

Alas, it was not to be. Partway through the hunt, the Horsemen were set upon by foreign soldiers marching through the area, and though the Atanai got the better of the engagement, it did far more damage than simply taking a few lives. See, the Atanai Horsemen tended to roam around the land, no one area their permanent home, following the cattle and the rains around the Steppes. They had a small patch of land that they frequented and rarely ventured out of, of course, but for the most part they simply roamed around living off the land as best they could. But it was that day that one of their Southern Neighbours – Kythnian Empire, a fledgeling City State looking to expand their territory north before challenging their more established neighbours - decided that they wanted that parcel of land for themselves, and seized the excuse of the deaths of their soldiers to invade her homeland and demand that the Atanai and the rest of the Duguran Horsemen vacate the area, or bow in supplication to their new Masters. The Duguran Horsemen refused, and attempted to fight the vast Kythnian Legion that had come to claim their lands. They lost in the face of their heavier armour and Battlemage corps, horribly, and the survivors were either scattered to the winds or put to the sword. Temudaria was one of the survivors, forced into fleeing deeper into the wilderness in search of her family, her friends and her tribe. She has travelled far from her homeland, determined to find the scattered remnants of her tribe, gather what allies she can and forge it into a great spear to plunge into the hearts of her enemies. Her homeland must be recaptured, and her tribes pride and honour restored. She will do anything to achieve that. Anything. To that end, she has come to the Emerald tower in search of both the riches and allies she needs to make her dream of a crusade a reality.

The Stats And Saves, Overview

Stats:
HP: 15
Str: 16 (+3)
Dex: 22 (+6)
Con: 18 (+4)
Int: 15 (+2)
Wis: 19 (+4)
Cha: 17 (+3)

Senses: Low Light, Darkvision

Attack Options:
Unarmed +4 (1d4 +3)
Hornbow Ranged +7 (2d6)
Hornbow Ranged < 30ft +8 (2d6 +1)

AC: 21
TAC: 21
FFAC: 20
CMB: +4
CMD: 25

Initiative: +6
Fortitude Save: +6
Reflex Save: +8
Will: +4

Diplomacy: +4
Handle Animal: +7
Knowledge Geography: +6
Knowledge Nature: +6
Perception: +8 (+10 Dim Light)
Ride: +10
Sense Motive: +8
Stealth: +10 (+12 Dim Light)
Survival: +9 (+10 Follow / Identify Tracks)

Skills, Feats and Traits

Skills:
6 + Int ( +2 ) + 1 = 9 / Level

Languages: Common + 2 = 3
Common, Elven, Goblin

Class Skills:
Handle Animal (Cha) (1), Knowledge Geography (Int) (1), Knowledge Nature (Int) (1), Perception (Wis) (1), Ride (Dex) (1), Sense Motive (Wis) (1), Stealth (Dex) (1), Survival (Wis) (1)

Other Skills:
Diplomacy (Cha) (1)

Racial Bonuses:
- +2 to stat of your choice (Dex).

- Bonus Feat

- Dimdweller: When in Darkness or Dim Light, +2 Perception, Intimidate, Stealth. Gains Darkvision 60ft.

- Weapon Familiarity: Proficient in the Greataxe and Falchion, treat all weapons with “Orc” in the name as Martial Weapons.

Feats:

- Point Blank Shot: +1 Hit and Damage < 30ft.

- Precise Shot: No Penalty shooting into combat.

- Dodge: +1 Dodge AC

- Perfect Strike: Once Per Day / Monk level + (1 x 4 levels), may make two attack rolls and take the higher one. If the higher one Crits, use the lower one as a Confirmation Roll.

Improved Unarmed Strike: No penalty on Unarmed attacks. Unarmed Attacks can be made lethal.

Traits:

- Magical Knack: +2 Caster Level (Ranger)

- Adopted: May choose one Orc Racial Trait (Weapon Familiarity)

Class Bonuses:

Ranger:

- Proficiency: All Simple and Martial Weapons, light armour, medium armour, shields (no Tower Shields)

- Favoured Enemy: At 1st Level, 5th, 10th, 15th and 20th choose Favoured Enemy. +2 Bluff,          Knowledge, Perception, Sense Motive and Survival Vs FE. +2 Attack and Damage.       May attempt Knowledge Checks Untrained Vs them.
         1st Level: Goblins

- Track: + ½ Level to Survival Checks to Follow Tracks.

- Wild Empathy: May improve Animals attitude as a human. Ranger Level + Cha Mod. Also works    on Magical Beasts of Int 1 or 2, but at -4.

Monk Unchained (Zen Archer):

- Flurry of Bows: May make one additional attack at Full Bab with any Bow. Cannot Flurry with Unarmed Attacks.

- Improved Unarmed Strike: Gain IUS as a Bonus Feat.

- Bonus Feat: Gain a Bonus Feat at Levels 1, 2, 6, 10, etc.
   1st Level: Dodge

- Perfect Strike: Gain Perfect Strike as a Bonus Feat. Can only use it with Bows.

- AC Bonus: When unarmoured and unencumbered, Monks gain their Wis Bonus to their AC and CMD. This bonus applies even when the Monk in Flat Footed.

Full Inventory

Inventory:

Head:
Headband:
Eyes:
Shoulders:
Neck:
Chest:
Body:
Belt:
Wrists:
Hands:
Feet:
Ring 1:
Ring 2:
Unslotted 1:
Unslotted 2:

Full Inventory:

- Orc Hornbow, (130gp, 3lbs): 2d6, Crit x3, 80ft

- Arrows, Common x40 (2gp 6lbs): Pierce.
- Arrows, Blunt x20 (2gp 3lbs): Bludg.

- Bedroll (1sp) (5lbs)
- Blanket (5sp) (3lbs)
- Waterskin (1gp) (4lbs)
- Rations x4 (4 x 5sp = 2gp)

- Riding Saddle (10gp)
- Light Combat Trained Horse (110gp)

Horse Stats

HP: 15
Str: 16 Dex: 14 Con: 17 Int: 2 Wis: 13 Cha: 7
AC: 11 TAC: 11 FFAC: 9
Saves: Fort +6 Ref +1 Will +1
CMD: 17 (21 Trip)
CMB: +5
Move: 50ft
Attacks: 2 Hooves +3 (1d6 +3)
Skills: Perception +6
Feats: Endurance, Run

End Wealth: 43gp, 4sp

I hope that's ok!

Now, I see the IC Thread.

Where do we put our sheets? Is there an OOC? Will everything be in one thread, or will it be split up (EG, "Exploration Thread," "Smut Thread," "Social Time Thread," etc etc)?

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

PhantomPistoleer

I hope that's ok!

For me, it's too long and I highly discourage other players from spending too much time working out a backstory and personality, especially if they find it to be a mundane task.  It's really unnecessary.  EVERYONE is admitted.  EVERYONE can play.  There is no adjudication of skill or merit based on a brief writing sample.

But, following that reasoning, since there is no sort of aesthetic adjudication, what you provided is definitely okay.  But, again, it's not necessary to participate in the game.

But I really like dat picture tho.

Where do we put our sheets?

On Myth-weavers.  :d  Then, link the sheet to your headers for your posts.

QuoteIs there an OOC?

No, there isn't.  Not yet, anyway.  -_-

QuoteWill everything be in one thread, or will it be split up (EG, "Exploration Thread," "Smut Thread," "Social Time Thread," etc etc)?

One thread as of right now.  You can explore, smut, socialize, and what have you in that thread, though.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Vergil Tanner

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on June 16, 2018, 12:53:33 AM
For me, it's too long and I highly discourage other players from spending too much time working out a backstory and personality, especially if they find it to be a mundane task.  It's really unnecessary.  EVERYONE is admitted.  EVERYONE can play.  There is no adjudication of skill or merit based on a brief writing sample.

But...but...I really like doing that stuff. >.>
It helps me get in my characters head, and helps me work out where they've been the rest of their lives :P

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on June 16, 2018, 12:53:33 AMBut I really like dat picture tho.

I do too >.>

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on June 16, 2018, 12:53:33 AMOn Myth-weavers.  :d  Then, link the sheet to your headers for your posts.

I hate to be a pain, but can I...not? I hate Mythweavers. For me, it feels clunky, it takes ages to plug all the information in and after "The Great Crash of 2016," I swore never to use it again after I lost six characters. :P Is it possible for me to post my Bio in the (eventual) OOC, and just link back there in my Header instead? :-3

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on June 16, 2018, 12:53:33 AMOne thread as of right now.  You can explore, smut, socialize, and what have you in that thread, though.

Okey dokey.

So. To make sure I have this entirely correct:

The main town is to the south-ish. At the moment, we are starting outside the forest, opposite the tower. Right?

Florence

Name: Damira

Concept: Devout Sarenite gunslinger who keeps her past to herself.

Race: Half-Elf (Half-Drow)

Orientation: Homosexual

Class: Gunslinger (Musket Master)/Cleric

Domains: Healing & Redemption

Alignment: Neutral Good

I'll probably write up backstory/personality stuff for my own sake, which I may or may not post on here for any other players who are interested. I'll have a better idea of what she'd be known for when I work through that.

Waldham

Hello, I'm interesting to play an human, I think.

I suppose that there are not the campaign traits for this adventure.

Do you permit 3 traits with a drawback ?

QuoteThis game takes place at the Emerald Spire, which is located six miles northeast of Fort Inevitable, a Hellknight-controlled settlement located in the River Kingdoms.  Since characters are generally from here, a map has been provided.

Can the character have links or relations with NPCs from this place ?

what is a scaled-down drow ?

GunmetalDreamer

Cassidy Cane
Lvl 1 Human Gunslinger/Ranger – 15 / 15 HPAC 18 – Character Sheet
Bounty Hunter, Serial Drunkard, Has some kind of beef with the Hellknights
Heh, I know what you mean Florence.  It feels kinda weird just to churn out the numbers and go.

Did you want to take Phantom's advice and maybe link up the two gunslingers?  Milani and Sarenrae may have a kind of complicated relationship, but that shouldn't keep us from starting up a Blackpowder Guild :P