Space...the final frontier - seeking all for a Star Trek RPG reboot

Started by HockeyGod, October 22, 2017, 08:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HockeyGod

=/\= USS McNair =/\=

In September of 2010 the USS McNair game launched in Elliquiy. Successful for over a year she’s been on hiatus for the last 6. I’ve decided to jump back into the game and offer a reboot with the help of the former GMs.

If you’re curious or interested in enlisting, much of the basic information you need is in the Application Thread.

The USS McNair is a Nova class (refit) starship with the purpose of science exploration (you'll notice lots of science positions open). She holds a crew of 78 and is a mere 8 decks. The McNair is one of the few classes that is able to enter a planet’s atmosphere, land on the surface, and submerge in water. Think: streamlined, compact Sovereign class. Be aware that many images you will find are of the former model with an exposed bridge (including the one above). We'll be taking out the streamlined, modern version  ::)

The game is set 5 years after the return of Voyager. The USS McNair is the first ship retrofitted with Voyager's shield and torpedo technology. Starfleet wanted to start small as fitting it to a larger class ship was somewhat problematic.

NOTE: during the first recruitment of the reboot, you can request a department but not position. At this time, previous RPGers have dibs at their former characters. It isn’t necessarily a first come/first served basis.

To see what has been taken at this time, visit the Current Roster.

Taken positions:
x Commanding Officer - HockeyGod
x Executive ("First") Officer - ReijiTabibito
x Chief Science Officer/Second Officer - Barnbean
x Chief Counselor - Angel Fire
x Nurse - HockeyGod
x Chief Security/Tactical Officer - Orange Marmalade
x Attaché - Ash

Actively seeking:
Chief Engineering Officer
Chief Medical Officer

If you are interested, please post in this thread with the department(s) of interest. I’ll modify this original post to include interested individuals. I anticipate the game starting in a week or so as people are approved and develop bios.

Gaming details:
--Located in the light section of E, will have some romantic/adult stuff, but main function is Trekdom
--Some species are not allowed, check the join thread
--NPCs and characters the ship come into contact with will be played by the GMs to help move the plot along
--Posting will average around a post or more a day
--All gender identities and sexual orientations are encouraged to join

Orange Marmalade

Awesome to see! My last two Trek games as a player petered our quickly before I could explore my characters so I’m excited to see a new one pop up with some good history to it.

Got a concept for Chief Tactical Officer that I’ll get sent over before I sleep.

HockeyGod

Quote from: Orange Marmalade on October 22, 2017, 09:53:29 PM
Awesome to see! My last two Trek games as a player petered our quickly before I could explore my characters so I’m excited to see a new one pop up with some good history to it.

Got a concept for Chief Tactical Officer that I’ll get sent over before I sleep.

Awesome! I can split Tactical and Security or are you looking for a combined?

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: HockeyGod on October 22, 2017, 09:55:54 PM
Awesome! I can split Tactical and Security or are you looking for a combined?

Good question! I think given the ship size it’d make sense to just combine. What do you think?

HockeyGod

Quote from: Orange Marmalade on October 22, 2017, 09:58:46 PM
Good question! I think given the ship size it’d make sense to just combine. What do you think?

I can see it working a number of ways.

Operations has evolved over time in the Trek universe and can either be combined with (1) Security; (2) Helm/Navigation; or (3) Communications. We have a post listing duties on the game's board at https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=89060.msg3898873#msg3898873.

I would prefer it to be combined in order of 2, 3, then 1, but I can be swayed  ;D

Orange Marmalade

That works for me - option 2 then?

If I’m understanding we’d have then:
Ops+Helm
Tactical+security

HockeyGod

Quote from: Orange Marmalade on October 22, 2017, 10:12:45 PM
That works for me - option 2 then?

If I’m understanding we’d have then:
Ops+Helm
Tactical+security

Yep - sounds great!

Orange Marmalade

Yay for being all done and approved.

Come on in folks. Star Trek. I mean, we cant be worse than Discovery, right?! :)

HockeyGod

We had a change in the CMO which is now open and welcomed a new Diplomat. The first Mission has been put on pause prior to a full crew complement.

orderNchaos

OOH OOH OOOHHH!!!

I'm totally up for bringing Liara and Kavash back for this! 

YAY!

HockeyGod

Quote from: orderNchaos on November 19, 2017, 11:56:49 AM
OOH OOH OOOHHH!!!

I'm totally up for bringing Liara and Kavash back for this! 

YAY!

Great! We launched the game a few weeks ago, so let me know if there are positions left open you'd like to play. We might have to do some moving around.

Orange Marmalade

Dream Lover

Would there be room aboard ship for a slightly scrambled (and mildly kinky) Emergency Medical Hologram or other holographic character?
♪ I want a dream lover so I don't have to dream alone ♪

HockeyGod

Quote from: Dream Lover on November 22, 2017, 10:15:04 PM
Would there be room aboard ship for a slightly scrambled (and mildly kinky) Emergency Medical Hologram or other holographic character?

That might be interesting - what about a scientist? Perhaps it is a Beta based on Voyager's technology - we have Medical and Engineering - they want to try science?

Dream Lover

My Trek-fu fails me (I shall turn in my pointed ears) but I can't find what a Beta from Voyager is.  But in general, I'm cool with just about any idea including a holographic scientist.

I shall send a PM in a day or two with some ideas if that is OK.   :D

Angel Fire

I think that I can help to point you in the right direction.  Beta is another term for an experimental test run.  You may have heard of patches in World of Warcraft going Beta?  This is exactly the same thing.  They test the patches with certain users to see what flaws and kinks that they have to work out before going "Live" to all of the servers.

Think of this as an experiment to see if the technology can work on the other starships in the rest of the fleet and the McNair is the "guinea pig" to test all of the tech out.

Does that help you more?
Can you capture this fiery Angel and make her yours?!  Try before she slips away into the night... If you wish.
May we spread our wings and soar the heavens together for all time - Angel
My Theme Song - Can I be your Heart's Desire?

Dream Lover

Thank you, Angel Fire.  That helps a great deal.  I will get a pitch PM'ed to HockeyGod and we will see.  :D

HockeyGod

Thanks - sorry about the lack of responding - I was Thanksgiving coma ;)

Angel Fire

No worries.  I know the feeling since I was in a late one yesterday myself *Winks*
Can you capture this fiery Angel and make her yours?!  Try before she slips away into the night... If you wish.
May we spread our wings and soar the heavens together for all time - Angel
My Theme Song - Can I be your Heart's Desire?