Time is running out...

Started by Lady Jenn, May 31, 2012, 11:06:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Jenn

"We should all get some sleep," Lena said. "We don't know when we'll get another chance to sleep before this whole mess is sorted and we'll need to concentrate if we're going to fix this."

Lady Temptress

Hannah hadn't heard Lena. She is already in the bed in the guest room where she and Jake stay. Hannah is sound asleep.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

After a few hours Jake shook Hannah gently to wake her up. "Quick," he said. "You'd better get dressed, we're all but ready to go, Lena's just working out the closest we can get to the monastery, there's some kind of forcefield that means we can't beam directly into the monastery."

Lady Temptress

Hannah gave a sigh and a frown as she is woken up. She sits up and swings her legs to the floor. " Alright alright. chill. I'm coming." she says tiredly and she got up to follow Jake so they can leave.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

Merlin was checking his gun and the device on his wrist as they reached the downstairs. Lena was staring at a map on one of the monitors.

"You'll probably only get one shot at this," Lena said. "Once you've entered the portal it's unlikely I'll be able to retrieve you from within it unless the shield is down at which point the Hunters will know where it is too. I've given Merlin all the information I have about it though."

Lady Temptress

Hannah nods her head as she listens to Lena's further instructions and she stands next to Jake and Merlin while waiting time to leave.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"Stand in a circle," Lena said, as Merlin and Jake took one of Hannah's hands each. "If you have any last questions for me I advise you ask them now."

Lady Temptress

Hannah holds onto Merlin and Jake"s hands, then she gazes at Lena with a smile. " No, questions my friend."
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

The room seemed to fill with an intense white light and when it cleared they found themselves on a high mountain. Almost obscured from view about 100 metres above them was a gateway decorated with incredibly ornate carvings. "I'm guessing that's our destination then?" Jake said with a wry smile.

Lady Temptress

she looks around at their newest surroundings, location and Hannah stays close to Merlin and Jake.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"That's not the entrance," Merlin said, starting to edge towards the path that led to the gateway. "There's more than the forcefield guarding the monastery, the building itself was built inside the mountain. It's said it has some serious defences protecting it."

Lady Temptress

Hannah nods her head and she simply listens as she follows them both.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"I don't see any-" Jake started saying before Merlin stopped him, picking up a rock and throwing it at the gateway. The rock never hit the door, it vanished. "Okay, good thing you stopped me," Jake said, letting out a nervous laugh.

"That's why I bought the Orb with us," Merlin said. "It's the only way of disabling that field, from this side of this gate anyway."

Lady Temptress

She jumps when Jake threw the rock and Hannah isn't sure what that was all about. so, she just stands by Jake wait they figure out what to do next.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"Notice anything out of place by the gate?" Merlin said, beginning to edge towards the gate, pulling the orb out from under his cloak.

"There's noth-" Jake paused, a smile crossing his face as he realised what Merlin was staring at. "That statue just under the overhang of the cliff. There's nothing else remotely manmade this side of the gate."

"Yeah, that's where the orb goes. Follow me, the field won't be down for long so we'll have to all go in pretty much at once."

Lady Temptress

She nods her head and she listens to their discussion and then she hurriedly follows them both.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

They reached the statue, Merlin placing the orb within the figure's hands. There was a faint humming noise before the gates opened, revealing a dark passage beyond. "Quick," he said, grabbing their hands and pulling them through the gates, which slammed shut behind them quickly. "Do you guys have any kind of light?"

Lady Temptress

Hannah rushes through as Merlin grabs hold of their hands to drag them in hurriedly. " I have a lighter for emergencies and I don't even smoke. " she says with a chuckle.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"Don't ask me why but I always have this for emergencies," Jake said, producing a torch from his jacket pocket which he held in one had, his pistol in his other. "Sorry, force of habit to take both out at once."

Lady Temptress

Hannah just chuckles with a nod of her head as she watches them.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

They headed down the tunnel for a few metres before they found lit torches on the wall. Jake turned off his torch as they continued walking. "What are we looking for here?" he asked Merlin.

"The temple is deep within this mountain," Merlin replied. "Just keep walking and we'll find the cavern eventually."

Lady Temptress

she shrugs and Hannah kept walking with them as she takes in the sites of their newest surroundings.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

As they kept walking a noticeable green glow was visible further along the tunnel. Suddenly Merlin's wrist device started flashing the same colour. "Uh, Merlin," Jake said, a note of worry in his voice. "Is it meant to do that?"

"Yes," he replied. "It tells you when a temporal anomaly is near by, and that's what we're looking for."

Lady Temptress

Hannah simply walks along side of them as she takes mental notes of the goings on and of her newest surroundings.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

They entered a huge cavern which was pitch black except for a platform at it's centre, which had an immense stone portal at it's centre which, oddly, seemed to block their view of the glowing cave walls beyond them. The eerie glow the crystals around the cavern gave off gave the chamber a strange green light.