THE BEST THING EVER: Week 8!

Started by Noelle, December 25, 2010, 09:10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noelle

TBTE: Week 8
2 weeks 'til Quarters! Time to make your vote count to make sure your favorites get into the first major elimination!

This week's suggestion is courtesy of Remiel, who also so graciously provided this hilarious little tidbit that I couldn't possibly leave out! Sit back, relax, and put on your thinking face. It's time to be convinced.

Having superpowers versus having your own personal badass utility belt.    Superpowers are awesome, right? Who doesn't want to fly?  Or shoot   lasers like pew pew out of their eyes?  Or maybe, like Mr. Fantastic, make any part of their anatomy stretch to epic proportions.  You   know what I'm talkin' about, ladies.   But on the other hand, having a   badass utility belt would be pretty fucking awesome too.  Maybe you'd be   on a bus, and the engine overheats and the bus shuts down, and the bus   driver would be like, "well, damn, I could fix this but I don't have a   three-eighths Gripley," and you'd just reach into that belt and be like,   "BAM! Three-eighths Gripley, BITCH!"  Plus, you could keep macadamia   nuts in there.  That would be pretty cool, I guess.

The choices is yours. Do the powers make the man, or does the man make the powers? CHOOSE WISELY.

Think you've got an awesome idea? Submit new ideas for future pairings! (and read about how the game works, if you're confused!)

LAST WEEK'S RESULTS:

In an overwhelming show of solidarity towards the ability to breathe, last week's winner was quite clear! Sorry, lone advocate of gravity, but you've been overruled.
Oxygen: 90.9% (10)

Gravity: 9.1% (1)

Previous weeks:
Week 7
Week 6
Week 5
Week 4
Week 3
Week 2
Week 1

Noelle

Will

Superpowers just pigeonholes you into one thing.  As badass as that one thing might be, I would prefer the versatility of the belt, tyvm.
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

Noelle

You make a compelling point. The only thing that stopped me from voting utility belt was just that it can be stolen or taken away and used against you. I always kind of wondered how that thing is connected to Batman's waist -- certainly it can't be like a seatbelt or he would've gotten intestines torn out by his own grappling hook ages ago.

Noelle

Aiden

Batman does not need superpowers to defeat supervillians, why? Because he is a bamf and a bamf needs a tool belt.

With that logic in mind, Utility belt!

Noelle

Citizens of E: IT IS CURRENTLY A TIE. We need moar votes to determine who wins this epic battle! Help save the world determine the Best Thing Ever and vote!