Mass Effect 3 Release!!!

Started by SilentGemini, March 06, 2012, 05:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Brady

You know, TyKing has a good point.  He didn't like the ending.  He feels cheated.  And that's entirely fair.  Hell, there are books I threw away because I hated the way they ended.  I too felt cheated or upset.  And so I showed my discontent by getting rid of them (thank God for cheap paperbacks. :P)

Hell, there are entire anime series in which was awesome until the last episode or even halfway, and I stopped collecting them or got rid of them (by gifting them to friends who did like them, or by selling them to interested parties on the internet, well, I only did that once, and it was pre-Ebay.)

You can express discontent.  And he did.  Just because one doesn't agree with him is no reason to jump down his throat...
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Inkidu

Quote from: Chris Brady on April 18, 2012, 07:17:32 PM
You know, TyKing has a good point.  He didn't like the ending.  He feels cheated.  And that's entirely fair.  Hell, there are books I threw away because I hated the way they ended.  I too felt cheated or upset.  And so I showed my discontent by getting rid of them (thank God for cheap paperbacks. :P)

Hell, there are entire anime series in which was awesome until the last episode or even halfway, and I stopped collecting them or got rid of them (by gifting them to friends who did like them, or by selling them to interested parties on the internet, well, I only did that once, and it was pre-Ebay.)

You can express discontent.  And he did.  Just because one doesn't agree with him is no reason to jump down his throat...
There's a difference in expressing your discontent and then expecting some kind of reparation because you bought their product before, in dictating what you think you're owed. It's not like the product is malfunctioning, but seeking reparations for not liking something is a fool's errand.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

SinXAzgard21

At the end of the day it is a video game... Some people just take shit way to seriously.  You bought it, deal with it.  Trade the damn thing in if you don't like it. The thread has went from ME3 to feeling cheated and wanting something to be fixed, get back on topic or make a thread about being cheated.

I've not played MP on my ps3, anyone playing ps3 side know if it is worth actually playing?
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Laughing Hyena

I play it all the damn time. For something so simplistic it is incredibly decent. And it is amazingly hard, especially on gold difficulty. So to me it is definitely worth playing.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on April 20, 2012, 05:25:15 AM
I play it all the damn time. For something so simplistic it is incredibly decent. And it is amazingly hard, especially on gold difficulty. So to me it is definitely worth playing.

Thanks, just needed to hear that it was worth playing from a acceptable source, instead of a mass trolled on forum.

Amy Liz

Try going infiltrator + geth shotgun, it's absurdly overpowered ;)

Chris Brady

From what I heard the infiltrator is the class to play.  It makes the game easier.

According to what I heard.  I could, of course, be wrong.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Amy Liz

It's very fun. Adept is pretty much OP too with the stasis bubble.

Inkidu

Quote from: Chris Brady on April 20, 2012, 02:13:51 PM
From what I heard the infiltrator is the class to play.  It makes the game easier.

According to what I heard.  I could, of course, be wrong.
I liked the the Viper, the Hand Cannon, and the Tempest with the clip recycling mod and the lightweight mod. I was able to through around a lot of cryo ammo and cloak in and out.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Laughing Hyena

No way. I play as a human sentinel and it is beastly. I just ignore tech armor and go full on biotic explosions with warp and throw. Drops almost anything in one shot. Pure stopping power. Warp and Throw and instant death.

Amy Liz

Inkidu

Plus the boom-shield. That thing is a murderer. Plus two omni blades!  I played sentinel my first go through. Epic!

Rex Pacis

I played Vanguard in the SP so when I went to MP I wanted to try the different classes. I haven't tried Gold yet since my weapons are crap but in Silver I've tried it a bit but I'm liking the Batarian soldier and the Krogan sentinel cause the melees are beast. I pretty much tank for my team especially with a blood raged Krogan who isn't afraid to backhand an atlas or brute when they're breaching the camp. Though the Geth Engineer has been my favorite so far cause the turret and hunter mode together are a pretty good combo. Throw a turret up then go flank the enemy...gets them every time. Now if only I could get my hands on a Locust SMG or a Geth shottie then my arsenal can start to keep up. Though I just unlocked my Krogan battlemaster so I'm salivating a bit on getting him going....a krogan with biotic charge..awesome.

Infiltrators annihilate I'm sure with the right gun. My third playthrough, that I'll probably never finish, was gonna be an infiltrator and that boost you get in damage from coming out of the cloak was pretty monstrous. I had not even begun to evolve the powers at the point I was playing and I was stunned.

Though yea I'm gonna fifth this, Sin, MP is a lot of fun even more so if you have three friends I'm sure. I was playing a Bronze match with three other Krogans, the people were random, and lets just say those poor Cerberus guys did not stand a chance. Those Krogan were sending bodies every where and then they would headbutt each other in celebration. Good times. : )
"We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils."

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: Liz on April 20, 2012, 06:02:52 PM
In silver and gold too?

VERY effective on gold and silver also. I have my sentinel set up like this and I'll note the evolutions.

Tech Armor: (0)
Warp: (6) I chose Detonate, Expose, and Pierce
Throw: (6) I chose Radius, Detonate and Force/Damage
Training: (6) Damage/Capacity, Power, Weight
Fitness: (6) Durability, Shield Recharge, Fitness Expert

Warp: [Recharge - 2.63 sec] [Duration: 10 sec] [Damage - 387.50]
Throw: [Recharge - 1.31 sec] [Force - 1290 N] [Damage - 270]

This build gives the best health/shields and recharge along with the best capacity. With this built you can theoretically carry a Phalanx and a Hornet with Superlight Alloys and remain at 200% cool down just in case you need to shoot. However the main mantra is to never need to fire a shot. It's all about the biotics and the strength behind them.

To elaborate I chose Detonate for both Warp and Throw. The idea is that both features stack and cause a better biotic explosion. All force and damage of the explosion are at 100%. This will immediately drop any of the enemies that have shields and armor down to health or whatever they have as well as the remaining enemies around them. This sets them up for a quick throw or a few rounds to the head to quickly kill them.

The amount of damage and force is staggering easily doing 1000 damage with the explosion and with the amount of time being under four seconds to throw both warp and throw with a radius effect to better trigger the detonation on throw. In a pinch with weak enemies you can spam throw with impunity at under one and a half seconds and with the radius effect you stop more then one enemy.

Against stronger enemies like the hunters, pyros, atlas, brutes or banshees, this takes down three to four bars of armor, obliterates shields and stops them from recovering and again it will kill surrounding enemies nearby the target. The key is high damage and crowd control and this is one of the best builds for it.

Amy Liz

SinXAzgard21

Man I'd love to play multiplayer or even solo but when it is stuck at connecting to EA servers for 10 minutes it isn't even worth it anymore.

Laughing Hyena

Just reset the game. Sometimes it gets a hiccup or the servers on EA are down or taxed.

Cold Heritage

Just watched the Extended Cut endings. Gotta say they were pretty great. Really a lot more fitting end to the trilogy than the originals.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Chris Brady

They added a fourth ending from what I heard.  And it seems that 'indoctrination theory' may be getting more fuel because of it.  Not having seen any of them, I can't say, but the internet gaming sites are a buzz with it.

Laughing Hyena

Well it certainly looks even stranger with the rumored Leviathan DLC and so forth. People have found scripts of the DLC and found out what it entails. From what i have seen of it my guess is...

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Leviathan is an actual Reaper that has turned traitor against its own kind. As to the how's and why's I cannot even begin to tell you because I don't know how to take that. Not even sure if I believe it after seeing that script.

Geeklet

So I went onto youtube and viewed the new endings.... And all I can really say is... Meh.

Personally, I still like the original ending, and the vagueness of it, as well as the original indoctrination theory.

Inkidu

I'm probably not going to get the DLC.

A.) It's 1.9 gigs, that's way too rich for my monthly allowance.
B.) I actually like the endings to ME3, I've read worse from better authors. I kind of like the big open-ended ending.

Though I am glad it's not a total rewrite, and it is really an expansion.

Silverfyre

I don't think the main problem people had with the opening was that it was left open ended but rather that all three choices were pretty much the same ending but with different color schemes.

CmdrRenegade

Having only finished the game days before the Extended Cut, I saw why it upset so many people.  There wasn't a lot of context and not a lot of people really knew what happened.  The Extended Cut at least gives more context to what the red, green, and blue endings mean and what actually happens to the galactic population.  This wasn't going to make everyone happy, but Bioware at least seems to recognize the lack of closure that was originally there. 
"Every creative act is open war against The Way It Is."-Tycho Brahe of Penny Arcade

I'm CmdrRenegade and these are my Ons and Offs and Apologies and Abcenses on Elliquiy.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Inkidu on June 27, 2012, 09:41:27 PM
I'm probably not going to get the DLC.

A.) It's 1.9 gigs, that's way too rich for my monthly allowance.
B.) I actually like the endings to ME3, I've read worse from better authors. I kind of like the big open-ended ending.

Though I am glad it's not a total rewrite, and it is really an expansion.

I have never understood this allowance of Gb at all.  I've never had it and I've used 600 gb in a month.