The Lumination (Interest Check - LGBTQ friendly, Extreme, Freeform/Sandbox)

Started by bubby, November 09, 2014, 10:12:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kendra

Quote from: Crash on December 09, 2014, 10:49:32 AM
I am going to work up a concept soonish.

Do we need male or female more?

5 females to two guys officially approved and in the Lumination character thread
4 of those are sisters ;)

Quote from: Chrystal on December 09, 2014, 09:50:42 AM
I'm sure our paths have crossed some time in the past four years, but I honestly cannot remember where or when!

I think we have too but can't remember either.
So clean slate lol  Hi Chrystal ;)

Red is pretty awesome btw

Quote from: Josietta on December 09, 2014, 10:44:33 AM
Keke!!!!!!!!!!! Swashy! *hugs both into squeeezies*

wifey! lol
*squishes* :P
<3

Quote from: Deamonbane on December 09, 2014, 11:01:10 AM
It is a very nice b... AVI...

agrees!  -_-

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on December 09, 2014, 02:11:05 PM
Maybe one of the incoming people will give me inspiration for what to do with Sylphie. Cause I have no ideas really for how to start her. xD

after reading her sheet, maybe she is studying or attempting to perfect one of the arcane spells and it either goes awry or works perfectly. Depending on the outcome, she seeks out one or more of her sisters.
If she meets with one of the other characters along the way, all the better :)

Quote from: skyre on December 09, 2014, 02:15:14 PM
Maybe she could be taking a walk with Bjorn when the two of them encounter Red?

looking forward to reading his character sheet :)

Swashbuckler

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on December 09, 2014, 02:11:05 PM
Maybe one of the incoming people will give me inspiration for what to do with Sylphie. Cause I have no ideas really for how to start her. xD

BP, I may be able to help.  My sheet is looking towards a Sidhe noble...

Bloodied Porcelain

I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Swashbuckler

Indeed, I am lost in a quagmire of trying to find the faceclaim now.  I am always more inspired once I have that...

*dives ever deeper in the Realm of Faerie Google*

Crash

I am thinking of making an Einherjar that was kicked out of Asgard for falling in love with a Valkyrie.  Now forever separated from her he finds the inn which reminds him of the longhouse in Asgard.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Deamonbane

Odd twist, we have a half Valkyrie around here already... so that should be interesting...
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Crash

Not a have Valkyrie.  Warrior who died and was chosen for Valhalla to wake everyday, fight and die only to be raised in the morning to fight, die and party again the next day. ;)

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Kendra

all sounds wicked!

I'm not going to share my character concept in case she gets rejected and then I'll head desk so hard you'd all hear it for miles >.<
:P

Quote from: Crash on December 09, 2014, 02:53:04 PM
No a have Valkyrie.  Warrior how died and was chosen for Valhalla to wake everyday, fight and die only to be raised I. The morning to fight, die and party again the next day. ;)

meet the daughter of a Valkyrie

Crash

Kendra

Quote from: Crash on December 09, 2014, 02:56:11 PM
Ahh I hadn't seen that!

it would make for some very interesting rpage  ;D

my correction on earlier >.<
we have five ladies to three males approved
just saw our werebear  8-)

Black Howling

I just need to settle down on which character I'm going to make for this. -_-

Crash

Kendra

Quote from: Black Howling on December 09, 2014, 02:59:03 PM
I just need to settle down on which character I'm going to make for this. -_-

lmao I woke this morning with no less than five concepts rattling in my cranium!
two of which I am tempted to meld together >.<

Chrystal

Quote from: Kendra on December 09, 2014, 02:31:30 PM
5 females to two guys officially approved and in the Lumination character thread
4 of those are sisters ;)

Possibly worth pointing out that the one female who isn't a sister is not into males in any way other than platonically...!

I think we have too but can't remember either.
So clean slate lol  Hi Chrystal ;)

Red is pretty awesome btw

Thanks, and yes indeed. I can't be bothered to go trawling through 20,000 posts looking for one with your name in the header!

looking forward to reading his character sheet :)

Bjorn's sheet should already be there?

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Black Howling

Quote from: Kendra on December 09, 2014, 03:01:46 PM
lmao I woke this morning with no less than five concepts rattling in my cranium!
two of which I am tempted to meld together >.<

Pretty much this. I think I've decided on my first at-least. >_> Unless I change my mind again.

Crash

Quote from: Chrystal on December 09, 2014, 03:02:32 PM
Possibly worth pointing out that the one female who isn't a sister is not into males in any way other than platonically...!

One of the reasons I thought seriously about playing a female character. ;). But I wasn't coming up with a female concept that jumped out at me at the moment.

Hazy Sky

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on December 09, 2014, 02:26:44 PM
That could work... but would Sylphie even know Bjorn? I can't seem to find your sheet to reread it.

He's in the character thread now. To answer your question. Probably. Bjorn has been around the grounds for a while and he's pretty laid back. I think he would have talked to Sylphie. It's entirely up to you though. :)
Looking for and accepting new stories.

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Chrystal

*facepalm* Skyre, you really need to post your character sheet sooner!

Although it is actually in this thread on page 3 I think.

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Hazy Sky

Quote from: Chrystal on December 09, 2014, 03:10:36 PM
*facepalm* Skyre, you really need to post your character sheet sooner!

Although it is actually in this thread on page 3 I think.

Skyre was both busy and a little forgetful today. It's up now.

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Kendra

ok ...
found the character sheet lol
(I so fail)
pm'ing one to bubby instead of my makeshift concept and posting the other here, in case there are any possible takers on rp plottage.

Name: Theristai
Race: reaper - nephilim

Description: slender, pale, with hair that is neither white nor silver. Almost translucent and ghostlike. She has all the appearance of being other wordly. For those that are near death, her wings are visible; otherwise only those she allows to see her can see what appears to be a human like form. She wears a half mask to purposefully cover her eyes for to look deep into their pools, one sees the time of their own demise and forever more the sound of a ticking clock can be heard as your life runs out.

https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/5/56/Thes2.jpg
https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/c/c3/Thes1.jpg
https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/9/9c/Angelthes.jpg

Personality: She comes across as infinitely bored with every thing. She has never loved nor hated, never felt passion or heart ache. She takes a soul and moves on, simple as that. Theristai does not know any different, does not understand the human condition nor wants to. A job must be done and it is her duty to fulfill it. She cares not for those that beg for her to spare them, she gives no thought to the tears that course down the cheek of a child as her mothers soul is taken from her.

History: It is said that there are two books in all the universe, that are known to every beast and being. The book of Life and the book of the Dead. The book of Life was entrusted to one of the Seven holy archangels, Suriel. Suriel often times called Surya or Seriel and Saraqael; the prince of presence and angel of healing but also one of the very few benevolent angels of death. He did not like the creation 'man'; thought it an abomination of gods divinity and so descended in the days of Jared to lead men astray and lust after the daughters of men, so as to keep them far from the truth that was god. Into the book he wrote the birth of man and in this book he also erased from it the names of man when they died. This name would appear only then in it's mirror book, the Book of the Dead as the soul came to stand before Hades.

It was also part of Sariels purpose to be set over the fate of angels who violate divine law, he believed he was immune to the punishment that he meted out to other angels no matter that he lead men and women alike astray. And so it was that he came upon a human woman, Hannah and to her he unburdened much lust. He returned to his dominion with neither thought nor worry for the damage he had wrought upon the mortal, until Michael came to him and laid his sins at his very feet. Sariel denied at first but Michael being champion for the Lords people stood up for the mortal woman. She was now with child and this was a great sin indeed and so Michael went to bring this before god but while he did so, Sariel erased Hannah's name from the Book of Life. Erasing her, expunging he hoped all sign of her from the world before his misdeeds were calculated before him.

But god knowing every grain of sand on a single beach, likewise knew every man and woman that was created in his image and knew what Sariel had done to Hannah. Sariel became forever more one of the fallen hosts while in the underworld, Hades looked upon the pregnant form of Hannah and was at a loss, for her name though hastily erased from the book of life, had not been completely so and so her name did not form entirely in the book of the dead. Hannah begged of Hades to spare the child within her womb if she went quietly to the afterlife and so he did.

To Hades a child was born, not one of his own being but of his will. He pulled forth the child from her mothers form and kept the child at his side. She was nephilim, born of light into darkness. She became the staff by which souls were gathered from the earth, the reaper of harvests. Hades breathe filled her lungs as a babe so that she may live with him for eternity in his domain. With the fall of Sariel however, the book of life became lost and no souls were written or erased ever again. They simply came to be and when it was their time, they stood at the bridge of souls waiting for direction. The book of the dead was left for Hades to fill in by hand as soul after soul came to him through war or pestilence or naturally.

He gave to his 'daughter' the purpose to go forth into the world of man and gather more souls to him. She was an abomination, a thing that should not have been. Neither human, nor angel but a terrible beautiful vengeful collaboration of both. There was no good in her, how could there be when she was conceived with lust and fear. She took no joy nor pleasure in her task, it was simply her duty and she did it well.

Skills/Power:
She knows the names of the souls she must take and never forgets, no one is spared the touch of death.
Her mask is worn at all times, for to look into her eyes would mean seeing the time of your own death within and from then until your last breath, every minute can be heard tick by like a persistent loud pendulum nearby.
She is death, a reaper and so knows no barrier to language or race. Death comes to all.
Has the ability to come amongst us without being noticed; those who believe in an after life often say they catch a glimpse of wings, a beautiful face, a light and mistake her for an angel.
Passes through time and space from realm to realm - from earth and sky to the underworld.
A reaper has no need of a passport, a visa, a key, a ticket.

On&Off: Ons & Offs
Player Kendra

Crash

Hmm a guy kicked from Valhalla for loving a Valkyrie and an angel of death....nope can't see a connection there. ;)

Hazy Sky

There's a mushroom called the destroying angel... Incurably toxic. It makes you very sick. Then you appear to recover and die from liver failure a couple of days later.
Sorry, random thought.

Edit: It's called Amanita Virosa. Thank you Wikipedia.

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Chrystal

Quote from: skyre on December 09, 2014, 04:07:16 PM
There's a mushroom called the destroying angel... Incurably toxic. It makes you very sick. Then you appear to recover and die from liver failure a couple of days later.
Sorry, random thought.

Sounds a bit like an overdose of paracetamol...

Kendra...

How would Theri react to being confronted with an immortal being not of the world, who cannot die in the world but only be extinguished, a being without a soul, inhabiting an animated shell of flesh, with a deep burning passion to return to the place she belongs?

Deamonbane

Another question for Kendra... what would her reaction be to one who died and was brought back to life, and is technically one of the undead?
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Kendra

Quote from: Chrystal on December 09, 2014, 04:14:14 PM
Sounds a bit like an overdose of paracetamol...

Kendra...

How would Theri react to being confronted with an immortal being not of the world, who cannot die in the world but only be extinguished, a being without a soul, inhabiting an animated shell of flesh, with a deep burning passion to return to the place she belongs?

I think this could be an awesome challenge for her lol
she'll never have confronted anything quite like Red before, no matter how long she has been in existence. Red to her will be an oddity and possibly the reason she will make herself visible

Quote from: Crash on December 09, 2014, 04:04:21 PM
Hmm a guy kicked from Valhalla for loving a Valkyrie and an angel of death....nope can't see a connection there. ;)

lmao me either :P

Quote from: skyre on December 09, 2014, 04:07:16 PM
Sorry, random thought.

Edit: It's called Amanita Virosa. Thank you Wikipedia.

I will have that fungus be her favourite plant in the entire universe :P

lol

Quote from: Deamonbane on December 09, 2014, 04:24:17 PM
Another question for Kendra... what would her reaction be to one who died and was brought back to life, and is technically one of the undead?

she'll recognise him, she doesn't forget any that she's taken before
so she'll find him extremely fascinating ... he may become like a science project
expect podding and lots of poking as she tries to figure him out xD