Anonymous hacks Alabama gov site and....

Started by Callie Del Noire, February 09, 2012, 05:07:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callie Del Noire

http://freakoutnation.com/2012/02/09/anonymous-your-government-leaves-your-sensitive-data-vulnerable-to-hacking/

Finds a LOT of info that they weren't looking for. A scary amount of unsecured privacy relevant info. This is a scary demonstration of how ill thought out draconian measures, such as Alabama's immigration measures of the last year or so, can have catastrophic results. So, what did they do? Auction it off?

No, they notified the media and public. I imagine these guys were a little frightened at how easy it was from the article.

Wolfy

*facepalm*

Well then again, it is Alabama....

Still, seriously?

You have all that sensitive data..and you don't protect it better than that?

REALLY?

.......Callie, if you live there...just..just move away. @_@

Oniya

I'm sort of glad they took a higher road this time.  I remember when I worked for a large ISP, there was this guy who worked in our online security section.  The story was that he had gotten hired after hacking into the servers and telling the company how he did it.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Callie Del Noire

No, I don't live there. I'm quite happy to live on the first coastBUT this shows how a lack of computer awareness can have terrible effects on bystanders. A few years ago, just before I got medically discharged, the VA lost a LT of files when some idiot took them home.

This is the same sort of thing again.

Vodka

Alabama is going to be the next tech capital of the world. Mark my words. These guys mean business.
ON+OFF
IDEAS+ROLES

just let me fall out of the window with confetti in my hair