Sword Art Online (Freeform -Recruiting Currently Closed)

Started by Daril, July 01, 2014, 06:25:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vaulera

NC exotic would make sense to me!

Daril

I'd kind of wondering if we need the exotic part since the game monsters merely seem to want to kill people (tentacle flowers not withstanding) but meh.

The Beta tester group thing isn't a bad idea.  It could be fun to see how everyone reacts to each other's "real" appearances.  The one problem is that some people may want to play characters who aren't Beta testers but I'd think we could find ways to accommodate one or two people like that if it comes to it.

Silk

Well the exotic tends to mean more than just monsters, just situations that are out of the ordinary.

Vaulera

I think just generally that things with things monstrous or sci-fi should go in the exotic category, so that no one gets any sort of surprises. Also, who knows where we may all want to go, so it couldn't hurt.

Jett Void

If this is still being contemplated then color me interested, I actually came to the site in hopes of getting some kind of SAO role play started. Looks like this may be such an opportunity.
My On's and Off's, for those of you that are interested. Ta-Dah!

Check out Serperior's Trove He has given me a few of my avatars.

My Request Thread.

This. Another wonderful place to find awesome avatars. If you like wicked, check it out.

pendarious

feel free to join. I'll have an OOC/Character thread up sometime in the next few days
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Vaulera

So I take it that we're going to be starting at a very low level, or will we be starting at a mid to high level? I've played both of them, actually, I think both of them with you, actually.

pendarious

I've never been part of an SAO game that took place at higher levels only the lower ones but yeah we have been in at least one on lower levels together.

I think what they are saying is that they will be meeting up at lower levels...but honestly if you guys want to do higher levels I can do that too.
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?

akirakaneda

Im also interested in the SAO RP, but with some questions: it would be in Aincrad or in Alfheim? and the GM would be supervising the fights we may have among ourselves? (the last thing anyone want to see is someone doing godmodding or overpowering in a fight).

Let me know if the RP is open, (or already opened :D )

pendarious

ok yes it's still open for the time being.....I'm probably going to close recruitment tomorrow or tuesday I haven't decided yet.

to answer your questions It will definitely start in Aincrad but IF the game lasts long enough it MIGHT go to Alfheim but that all depends on you guys. As for fights amongst yourselves I will be observing and I WILL appropriately deal with godmodding as that is something that nobody likes. I hope everyone can be mature about that. but in any case I'm not too sure that there will be any fighting amongst the PC's but if there is I hope that things will be settled without my intervention.

Daril

We've already got more people than I think is really manageable, but I suspect the numbers will drop a bit by the time the game actually get under way.  (No offense but that does seem to be how things work sometimes.)

Any hints about what we'll need to put on the character sheets for those of us who may want to get a head start on that part of things?

zergmuncher

More than likely Pandarious will just recycle his old character sheet template. That worked didn't it? I don't see the need in making a completely new template if we already have one from the older games.

ZephySempai

Been following this for a bit. I'd be really interested in joining, but if you don't think there's enough room for me, I wouldn't mind sitting back in the shadows and waiting until some more space opens up  :-)

Daril

Quote from: zergmuncher on July 06, 2014, 01:38:49 PM
More than likely Pandarious will just recycle his old character sheet template. That worked didn't it? I don't see the need in making a completely new template if we already have one from the older games.

For the most part those would work, but I'd strongly suggest adding a history/background type section.

Quote from: ZephySempai on July 06, 2014, 01:54:47 PM
Been following this for a bit. I'd be really interested in joining, but if you don't think there's enough room for me, I wouldn't mind sitting back in the shadows and waiting until some more space opens up  :-)

Ultimately the maximum number of players is Pendarious' decision, but given that a few people will probably drop off before thing start I'd imagine we can likely fit you in.

akirakaneda

well it seems interesting, so I am awaiting for the OOC/character thread   :D

Sessha

I'll go ahead and recyle my last character as well.
Locked, cocked and ready to rock!

pendarious

ok Zephy and Sessh your both in but for now that's it.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=208272.0

There is the OOC and Character thread

the fallowing is the Modified version of the character sheet. Due to not being able to figure out a fair way to level characters last time I decided that much like the show and light novels themselves we won't really mention levels (Unless I authorize the use of a level statement for plot reasons or something) We will simply update the skills and Equipment you all have as the game progresses.

There is a reason I'm not including a background/ history section. I understand why you would include that but considering the fact that I think it would be more fun to learn the characters backgrounds by convincing them to tell their stories IN GAME rather than have a character sheet that spells it out.....and it adds more mystery and intrigue to each character.

Player (Real world identity):

Screen Name:

IRL Appearance:

Game Character Appearance:

Personality:

Floor:

Equipment:

Skills:

Sword Skills:

Vaulera

After the mirrors, doesn't everybody look the same IRL and in game?

Silk

They do, but the clothing they their in game character wears doesn't change when the mirroring happens.

Daril

I would personally appreciate it if we just switched it to a simple "appearance" section myself.  I've got a nice "in game" image for my new character but finding an image to represent her in "real life" would be a pain.

Also I'm wondering what to put for the personality section for my new character if her personality after the big reveal is likely to be different from how she acted beforehand.  Should I describe the personality her companions would be familiar with?  Or the personality that's going to come to the fore after the reveal?

pendarious

for the "Simple Appearance" I don't think there is any need to change what I have put here

as for personality....you should describe whatever personality is going to dominate the characters actions thorughout the game.

Snake

I've only seen the first four episodes of the series and didn't think too much of it; but if there's a game here that can make it better I'm interested.

akirakaneda

About the "skills" and "sword skills" of the chracter sheet are those referring to the skills the player had when he start in SAO or those who eventually may have advancing in the game?

pendarious

The Skills slots are for the skills you are working on throughout the game. You have 12 skill slots so remember to pick what you wish to work with carefully. Though you can switch out your skills remember that every time you do you have to start from scratch with the new skills.