The Hunt for Damien Nightstrider(DnD 3.5 High to Epic Level)[Currently Full]

Started by Mystic Dragon, February 18, 2009, 06:16:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mnemaxa

Can we actually buy epic items for this game or are we still limited to non-epic items?

The Well of my Dreams is Poisoned; I draw off the Poison, which becomes the Ink of my Authorship, the Paint upon my Brush.

Zaer Darkwail

I think we are limited to non-epic items. Hmmm, are cohorts allowed?

MzNurse

Quote from: Sunday on February 23, 2009, 04:55:31 AM
lol. I'm better at bad bad characters then I'll ever be and sweet kind godly ones.

I can vouch for that.  Everyone, this is my good friend Sunday and she was just accepted into E!.  *huggles Sunday* Congrats honey.  Let me know if you need help with character sheets.
Mz's O.O   Mz's Downtimes   Story Ideas  Open for a few new rps. PM me.

Sunday

Lol I'll probably need it Mz. The only DnD stuff I've made have been first level. all this high level stuff even goes out of my neverwinter nights 2 knowledge xD I'm thinking a drow I was gona use for DnD online games, but his application got declined. Though seeing we have what? 16 levels to play with might do some multi-classing there =D

Delta Echo

*hugs both Mz and Sunday*

And I belive that we can, in fact, buy epic items. *eyes Boots of Swiftness covetously*

And Drow? Mmmmm, drow...
Might be really fun with Amist being half-drow.  ;D
O&O - A&A
Southern Gentleman of the Arcadia Clan.

"When the world is against you, find the passion of love to survive"

Sunday

Delta Echo

O&O - A&A

Mystic Dragon

Quote from: Josietta on February 23, 2009, 05:37:51 AM
If I knew I'd have a butt load of time to post I'd be joining up for sure! What kind of posting style is this gonna be? Are you going to have people on a turn based posting? or free for all? And this is a system game with high amounts of stat usage? or mostly rp?

I will have people roll for initiative for during battles and you will post in your turn. Stats will be important- I will have NPCs roll willsaves and such against your abilities. As for the amount of RP vs. system usage, it will be up to you guys. Your choices will determine the reactions.
"Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici"
"In our world, all the Redheads have chainsaws"
"Nightmares never last. One day you wake up and they're gone"

Mystic Dragon

Quote from: Mnemaxa on February 23, 2009, 06:45:35 AM
Can we actually buy epic items for this game or are we still limited to non-epic items?

Feel free to buy epic items, though only the people who sign contracts are likely to be able to afford them.

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, but can we get cohort/followers via leadership feat? How their stats/gear is determined also.

Josietta

Quote from: Mystic Dragon on February 23, 2009, 09:37:29 AM
I will have people roll for initiative for during battles and you will post in your turn. Stats will be important- I will have NPCs roll willsaves and such against your abilities. As for the amount of RP vs. system usage, it will be up to you guys. Your choices will determine the reactions.

Ah okies. So it will be a normal system based game. Gotcha!

Also, as a side note, I thought system wise Epic items were only usable by Epic characters? Of course if it works differently in this setting that's understandable.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

PhantomPistoleer

I think that without epic items, we'd be figuring out item costs forever.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Mystic Dragon

Front page rules have been updated with cohort rules and epic item ruling. Feel free to ask about anything else you aren't sure of.

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, here is my charsheet (partially done); http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=110551

If anything is outrageous or out of place (or have questions) feel free to ask. Only big mystery is the airship which I bought with 260,000 gold. Anycase idea is a strong offensive 'tank' guy who has some divine powers in his disposal. I thinked a Hellbred female warlock 6/acolyte of skin 5/hellfire warlock 3 as my cohort.

stellaru

If any room is left I would love to join up. I'm sending you my character concept and background right now. If you approve, I can send you my build which I mostly have done except for few more items I need to buy.

Mnemaxa

Quote from: Josietta on February 23, 2009, 10:46:59 AM

Also, as a side note, I thought system wise Epic items were only usable by Epic characters? Of course if it works differently in this setting that's understandable.

Actually, regular character can use epic items.  They usually call them 'Artifacts' though. ^_^

The Well of my Dreams is Poisoned; I draw off the Poison, which becomes the Ink of my Authorship, the Paint upon my Brush.

Myrleena

I don't consider epic items worth the cost, personally.  I'd rather have dozens of smaller utility items than one epic item, most of the time.  In any case, now that I've given my half-copper, here's my character.
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=110257

Josietta

Quote from: Mnemaxa on February 24, 2009, 01:57:49 AM
Actually, regular character can use epic items.  They usually call them 'Artifacts' though. ^_^

Haha true enough.. though if you were looking for -actual- epic items from the epic item compendium persay.. it normally would require an epic level character to use due to the inherent magic of said item. Which is not hte case in this situation, per DM's call.

/hijack

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Delta Echo

Quote from: Myrleena on February 24, 2009, 11:21:07 AM
I don't consider epic items worth the cost, personally.  I'd rather have dozens of smaller utility items than one epic item, most of the time.
Same here, but Boots of Swiftness are so worth it.  ;D
O&O - A&A

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Delta Echo on February 24, 2009, 02:56:58 PM
Same here, but Boots of Swiftness are so worth it.  ;D

Not worthier than having combination of quick silver boots and belt of battle (which both provide extra move/standard or full round actions). Both from MIC which has loads cool magic items :).

Delta Echo

O&O - A&A

Delta Echo

O&O - A&A

Cuffs

MIC?  I want more magic items!  I need swiftness and battle stuff!  :)  Grrr...
Zombie Bunnies:  Terrible...Hideous...Fluffy...

FYI: I've been gone for a while...so please, don't be surprised if I don't remember something...

Ons/Offs (New and Improved)

A/A(Temporary)