(Interest Check) [Pathfinder] Hell and Beyond

Started by Wintercat, November 07, 2014, 03:56:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tydorei

When is the deadline for having our characters up?

Wintercat

@Inerrant Lust, I would say that playing an angel in Hell would be a rather quick way to have a character death at my hands. I am aiming for a dark fantasy tale, and an angel would likely find themselves at the pointy end of every blade there, not a prisoner but a cooling corpse. Either that, or a piece of art at some fiend's parlor after being rent asunder and made into a macabre work of art in the dead state. So not exactly a good option to consider.

@ Anyhow...

I am running this game with the original idea being that the characters have ended up in hell, WITH THEIR BODIES INTACT somehow. They fell, they were injured, they lost their memories on the way down, and they're an ANOMALY in Hell. Lets put it this way. THEY SHOULDN'T BE IN HELL at least YET. Yet they are.

They may have been evil people, they may have died before ending up in Hell, but THEY ARE EMBODIED nonetheless. Someone could have been alive and thrown into Hell for whatever reason, and stand next to them just the same. When they -die- in Hell though, they'll be a damned soul, which in Hell means they'll still be 'tangible' but more of a torture doll for the nearest fiend that will torment them to gain their pain and misery as nourishment to itself or to be sold to others. Expect bottles of distilled agony be sipped like fine wine by the wealthier fiends, while the more common fiends might have to satisfy themselves by simpler fare, possibly beast meat mingled with an essence of a once-mortal's pain.

Nonetheless, player characters CAN BE GOOD, NEUTRAL OR EVIL, that matters not, they are still in Hell. They MAY HAVE DIED OR HAVE BEEN ALIVE when they ended up in Hell, but they're all there nonetheless.

I apologise for lack of reply on Monday, been a busy start for the week.

There's not been an actual deadline earlier, but so far I've received 1 completed character sheet, by private message. I've not confirmed a 'spot taken' yet but I will hoep to get this game going next week, so there's time till the end of this week, I don't want to rush people too much but I also don't want to leave people just wondering if I'll ever start.
I've taken the Oath of The Drake. Remind me of it if you think I act against it.
A&A

Muse

Excelent!  Thank you for the clarification.  Since Loki is applying with a cleric, I'll get a sexy Dragon Disciple started.  :)
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Blinkin

Question. How much background do you want, considering that the characters don't know it and may not ever remember it in any detail?

I can send a character sheet in about 10 minutes, but the actual character background and so on takes a little longer.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Wintercat

Background amount is upto the players, in this case, they're allowed to let the character develop in game and come up with ideas along the way as long as it stays sane enough to follow, but if someone wants to prepare beforehand, even if their character doesn't recall the past, then I am curious to read it up.

I am not holding 'first come first served' basis for this game but trying to see what characters look like they'd be good for the tale and work well together.

The background will begin to matter more later on, but its not important to start off with. Depends also on which of the two end goals they might pursue, to escape Hell or overthrow it to rule in Hell instead. I am not saying either option would be easy but I aim to make it so that they are possible as long as the group makes a good plan for it and knows what they are doing. Of course, the odds are against them either way, but that's never stopped adventurers before now has it?
I've taken the Oath of The Drake. Remind me of it if you think I act against it.
A&A

Inerrant Lust

Quote@Inerrant Lust, I would say that playing an angel in Hell would be a rather quick way to have a character death at my hands. I am aiming for a dark fantasy tale, and an angel would likely find themselves at the pointy end of every blade there, not a prisoner but a cooling corpse. Either that, or a piece of art at some fiend's parlor after being rent asunder and made into a macabre work of art in the dead state. So not exactly a good option to consider.

Of course this was considered. :P Obviously she'd only be kept there as a play-thing, and may very well have been maimed. She may very have well have a sense of Stockholm syndrome as well... being that after years, decades, or possibly centuries of imprisonment down there would lead to some form of capitulation. I imagined she acquired the protection of her captor from other demons and/or devils, though this would not have prevented her from constantly being abused.

I figure a particularly vain devil or demon would enjoy having such a trophy, a mewling servant of the forces of good at his or her beck and call. It may please her captor to have her as a sex slave, not one who is constantly raped, but one who begs and pleads to be used as her master desires. Of course, it may or may not just be an act to prolong her survival- but it's a fitting insult to the forces of good, nonetheless.

Well, that's my final argument- as I can't think of any other particular concept that I'd be interested in playing.  ::)

Faeli

Character Template / Submission / DEALIE

Name:  Naori
Race:: Elf
Class::  FightGirl
Alignment:  Neutral Evil

Strength:  17     
Dexterity:  16
Constitution:  12
Intelligence:  14
Wisdom:  08
Charisma:  16

Hitpoints:  45
"Naked" AC:  13

Fort:  +6
Ref:  +5
Will:  +1

Skills:  Climb +12, Intimidate +12, Knowledge (Dungeoneering) +11, Survival +8
Feats:  Combat Expertise, Combat Reflexes, Cleave, Cleaving Finish, Great Cleave, Disruptive

Brief History:  Naori always believed in Might makes Right.  If a person did not have the power to stop something, then they had no reason to complain whenever that something happened to them.  She wasn't a vicious or violent person and doesn't enjoy hurting people for its own sake, but she also has no qualms about bullying or forcing others to do things for her own personal benefit.

OOC:  I am comfortable in either Extreme or NC-Exotic though, be aware, if you all decide to go into NC... Naori is definitely someone who may molest others should the opportunity present.

VonDoom

The game concept sounds absolutely amazing. I have a character concept I've been hoping to get going in a couple games before, but they sadly never really hit off. I'll post it here in spoiler format. Any specifics can of course be changed if they do not fit the scope of the game, assuming they're not integral. The character sheet is entirely from a different game and would of course be redone, I'm just leaving it in here for now since many choices will likely be similar -- and the equipment indicates what he used to carry around before.

Shirvan

Name: Shirvan
Race: Aasimar (Peri-Blooded)
Class: Bard
Alignment: NE
Hair: black
Skin: fair
Eyes: molten gold

Appearance
Standing tall at about 5'11' feet, this man has a rather exotic look about him. Chiseled aristocratic features -- a straight, sharp nose, angular cheekbones and strong jawline, all handsomely framed by shoulder-length black hair that contrasts well with his fair complexion -- and his confident poise suggest a man of noble origin. His eyes, an odd sight the color of molten gold, issue a playful challenge to those who meet them, as if he knows some secret that he dares others to find out.

Shirvan's lean build and effortless movements clearly indicate to anyone with an eye for such things that he knows how to handle himself in a fight; the scimitar that rests at the left side of his belt isn't for show, nor does he wear the leather pauldrons and greaves over his red vest with anything but the confidence of a seasoned warrior.

On a closer inspection, the black-haired swordsman appears to be just short of his thirties, though he has evidently mastered the art of etiquette quite well.  He speaks eloquently in his deep, smooth voice, appealing with a bright and attentive look.

His exotic flair is exaggerated by the fact that his speech sometimes slips into fairly odd inflections, when he doesn't pay attention. It's obvious that he isn't a native.

Background

The tale of Shirvan is one steeped in tragedy, though whether it is his own or that of those who fell prey to his silver tongue is a subject for debate.

On any other world, in any of the many bountiful nations of famed Toril or the vast Golarion, a child born of celestial lineage would be a small wonder, the carrier of a grand destiny and someday, perhaps, a famed hero or prophet. Not so atop the Spire, within the City of Doors. There, even devils and demons grudgingly tolerate each other's existence under the protectorate of the mysterious Lady  of Pain, whose name only passes lips in hushed whispers for fear that her shadow might fall upon them. There, the exotic quickly becomes mundane.

Shirvan's divine parentage is undeniable, though its origins are suspect: his mother was a half-celestial, daughter of a Peri and a mortal, called Sha'van. Though traditionally representing the ideal of good like their kin, the Peri are a race of Celestials descended from Fallen Angels. Their blood sometimes pulls them into the very opposite direction. Conflicted her whole life between these two polar opposites warring inside, Shirvan's mother eventually began to drown her sorrows using an addictive euphoriant -- a drug derived from Slaad eggs. The chaos so introduced into her system quickly helped her get over any lingering doubts; not so the growing dependency and cravings they introduced. Ultimately, Sha'van's life ended short and miserably, the last decade of her existence the life of a drug-addicted prostitute in the Hive, one of the most wretched regions even in the slums of Sigil.

It was there that Shirvan was born. Though the identity of his biological father is unkown, his appearance suggests a human or a sub-species thereof.

As they say: Life's cheap, berk, but nowhere's it cheaper than in the Hive Ward. The man Shirvan recognizes as his 'proper' father was, for all intents and purposes, Sha'van's pimp. A downtrodden human with  Orcish ancestry (a presumption prompted by his prominent lower jaw) called Hammers-Nails or Nails, chosen for his enjoyment of the proverb that  'the nail that sticks out gets hammered down'.

He decided to keep Shirvan around and put him to work after his mother died. Though the number of women in his employ was small, it was still good to have a messenger and spy available. The young Aasimar proved very good at that. He was smart and handsome for a boy and quickly established himself as one of the leaders of the local children; mostly thieves, beggars or messengers themselves. His Celestial blood, however, also meant that he aged slower than most after his initial growth-spurt. At the age of sixteen, he still looked like he was twelve, but by then he had decided that he'd had enough and that he didn't like the glint in old Nail's eyes whenever the man looked at him lately -- a dagger in the gut remedied that and Shirvan was his own man.

A common occurence in the Hive.

Shirvan, for his part, was ready to move on. After a brief stint with the Collectors in Ragpicker's Square that didn't prove very successful, the boy banded together with a group of orphans and started going after local vermin for the reward. The main problem with that was that this particular sort of vermin grew more and more dangerous in large numbers and wasn't particularly pleased when their ranks were being culled. It was dangerous, but at least provided a meager income.

At the age of twenty-five, now looking around fourteen years old, Shirvan lucked into what might well have been the greatest turning point in his life: he found a young half-elven child wandering the Slags, pretty much the worst area in the entire slum. The boy clearly didn't belong there. It turned out he stemmed from the Lady's Ward and had stumbled through a portal by accident. The half-elf was named Calath d'Arnay.

Rather than follow his first impulse and slit the stranger's throat in order to take his belongings, Shirvan decided to do the smart thing and help him find his way back home. The boy's family, the d'Arnays, were overjoyed and Shirvan was rewarded with a position as a live-in servant in the household.

A charming boy, he quickly ingratiated himself with the family. The patriarch of the house was Lorn d'Arnays, a human mage of plenty skill and renown. His elven wife, Marya, was not quite as influential, but stemmed from elven nobility and possessed some arcane skill herself, though she found herself more at home at court and with the classical elven arts.

It was there that Shirvan received a formal education and spent long hours training with the d'Arnays, who became more foster parents than employers; he was essentially growing up at about the same rate as Calath and they quickly established a brother-like relationship, even if Shirvan was mostly playing along so as to keep his new privileges.

Shirvan was more gifted than Calath in many ways and figured that, if he proved his superiority often enough while putting up a good facade, he might supplant him at some point. He didn't really try to do anything malicious to Calath, actually enjoying the company on some level as they began to journey across the Planes, stumbling upon the occasional adventure.

Still, the fact that he hadn't yet usurped Calath' position as the favored son was gnawing at him and, when they both started to vie for the same woman, the situation grew worse. Shirvan had always been very close to his elven foster mother, who he had no doubt would have little qualms leaving the legacy to him, if both her husband and son would meet an unfortunate demise. And he'd have the woman he fancied, too.

Things didn't go quite as well as intended. An attempt to poison both of them failed after Lorn's death, when Calath discovered his malevolent betrayal. Shirvan was forced to flee with nothing but what he had currently on him. He knew of a priced possession of his newly deceased foster father's that might prove his salvation. Preferring the risk to a return to the slums, he broke into the mage's sanctum and stole the powerful Amulet of the Planes located there. He immediately activated its power -- to be whisked away to somewhere, anywhere, that wasn't Sigil.

He didn't expect to appear before a demon lord. As an angel-blooded thoroughly in the grasp of evil, he luckily managed to draw interest and instead of being devoured immediately offered his services in exchange for his continued existence. After all, why not act in such a service and work to become a favored agent? Anyone could become a Demon Lord if they amassed enough power to take charge of an abyssal layer and it seemed as good and grand an ambition as any.

Personality and Psychology
For a man born poor in the Hive, Shirvan is actually a fairly nice person. He only kills people without remorse if it serves a purpose, rather than if they look at him in a slightly disagreeable manner. Though he would certainly qualify as an 'evil' person by most standards, he doesn't view himself as a bad person per se. Life dealt him a bad hand, what's so wrong about discarding it and getting a new one? It's not like people are actually gone gone after they're dead, he's just shortening a period of their journey to the next plane their karma draws them to.

He's quite happy with the people he has actually killed, such as his foster father. The pimp had not only been the final nail in his mother's coffin, but had put him to work as a messenger in one of the most dangerous areas in the multiverse. Plus, there were those lecherous looks Nails had given him towards the end. Preempting anything he might have done with a generous stabbing was a good thing for everyone involved, really.

Killing his foster father and brother (or trying to, in the latter case) was not a decision made lightly, but one enforced by years of frustration that had slowly built. He believes himself a better son than Calath, in every conceivable way; it wasn't fair that his low birth should stand in the way of that. The shade of pity he had always perceived in both their eyes continually galled him, his rage barely supressed underneath the surface of playing the perfect son.

Rage that reminded him all too much of Hammers-Nails, further exacerbating the issue until he finally decided that killing them was all he had left if he ever wanted to move on. He doesn't regret having killed Lorn, though part of him laments the future that might have been if the man had just been a little less attached to his own flesh and blood.

All this comes to one statement: Shirvan kills without remorse when he feels it necessary, then rationalizes it. He prefers to do it in cold blood in order to feel in control, but his temper sometimes gets away with him. However, it should be noted that he doesn't kill often, nor indiscriminately.  Only when his charm and cunning won't get him what he wants will he stoop to such methods; this serves as both a way to distinguish himself from Nails, as well as to give him a sense of superiority.

Though aware of it to some extent, there is something he won't admit to himself: he has issues with the female gender. Or rather, with applying his rather pragmatic outlook on the continued existence of other people to women. Having never really had a mother figure and then connecting very well with his new foster mother to the point of a slight infatuation, he finds that whenever it would benefit him more to kill a woman than to let her live he makes up excuses.

Beyond his views on killing, Shirvan likes to view himself as an ambitious person with the guts to do what is needed. He's certainly clever, cunning and even brave in the face of danger when he has to be. Now that he had a taste of privilege and power, he desires to regain that sort of position and go beyond it.

He didn't enjoy the confrontation with his foster brother and his forced retreat, preferring by far to appear the dashing hero than the wretched villain. This means that he will generally entertain and project a good image of himself, even if he has to go to depraved lengths behind the curtain to keep wearing that clean vest in public.

Character Sheet
Shirvan
Male Fallen Aasimar Bard 6
NE Medium outsider (native)
Init +4; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +14
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16 (+5 armor, +1 shield, +2 Dex)
hp 66 (6d8+18)
Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +6; +4 bonus vs. bardic performance, sonic, and language-dependant effects
Resist acid 5, cold 5, electricity 5
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft.
Melee +1 rapier +7 (1d6+3/18-20) and
. . dagger +6 (1d4+2/19-20) and
. . spiked gauntlet +6 (1d4+2)
Ranged masterwork composite shortbow +7 (1d6+2/×3)
Special Attacks bardic performance 18 rounds/day (countersong, distraction, fascinate, inspire competence +2, inspire courage +2, suggestion)
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 6th; concentration +10)
. . 1/day—spell-like ability, lesser
Bard Spells Known (CL 6th; concentration +10):
. . 2nd (4/day)—heroism, invisibility, mirror image, suggestion (DC 17)
. . 1st (5/day)—beguiling gift[APG] (DC 16), charm person (DC 16), grease, sow thought[ARG] (DC 16)
. . 0 (at will)—dancing lights, detect magic, ghost sound (DC 14), prestidigitation, read magic, sift[APG]
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 15, Dex 14, Con 16, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 18
Base Atk +4; CMB +6; CMD 18
Feats Arcane Strike, Prodigy[UM], Spellsong[UM]
Traits charming, reactionary
Skills Acrobatics +9, Appraise +8, Bluff +15 (+16 vs. characters who could be attracted to you), Climb +5, Craft (alchemy) +8, Diplomacy +15 (+16 vs. characters who could be attracted to you), Disguise +8, Escape Artist +5, Knowledge (arcana) +10, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +10 (+12 to navigate underground), Knowledge (engineering) +10, Knowledge (geography) +10, Knowledge (history) +10, Knowledge (local) +10, Knowledge (nature) +10, Knowledge (nobility) +12, Knowledge (planes) +12, Knowledge (religion) +10, Linguistics +8, Perception +14, Perform (comedy) +15, Perform (dance) +8, Perform (oratory) +15, Ride +2, Sense Motive +15, Sleight of Hand +5, Spellcraft +8, Stealth +9, Survival +0 (+2 to avoid becoming lost when using this), Swim +2, Use Magic Device +10; Racial Modifiers +1 Bluff, +1 Diplomacy, greed
Languages Abyssal, Celestial, Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Goblin, Infernal, Orc
SQ bardic knowledge +3, lore master 1/day, seducer, versatile performance abilities (comedy, oratory)
Combat Gear wand of cure light wounds, wand of detect poison (50 charges), wand of silent image (50 charges), wand of unseen servant (50 charges), caltrops (3), invisible ink, average, smoke pellet; Other Gear +1 mithral chain shirt, buckler, +1 rapier, dagger, dagger, dagger, masterwork composite shortbow, spiked gauntlet, belt of mighty constitution +2, cloak of resistance +1, eyes of the eagle, headband of alluring charisma +2, sleeves of many garments, backpack, masterwork, bell, candle, cards, chalk, compass, dice, dungeoneering kit, earplugs, hollowed pommel, marked cards, light horse (combat trained), grooming kit, military saddle, mirror, pathfinder's kit, perfume/cologne, saddlebags, scrivener's kit, stationery, 428 gp, 7 sp, 5 cp
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Arcane Strike As a swift action, add +1 damage, +1 per 5 caster levels and your weapons are treated as magic for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.
Bardic Knowledge +3 (Ex) Add +3 to all knowledge skill checks.
Bardic Performance (standard action, 18 rounds/day) Your performances can create magical effects.
Charming +1 Bluff/Diplomacy/save DC for a language-dependent spell vs. targets who could be sexually attracted to you.
Compass +2 circumstance for Survival or Knowledge (Dungeoneering) to avoid becoming lost.
Darkvision (60 feet) You can see in the dark (black and white vision only).
Earplugs +2 save vs. hearing effects, -5 hearing-based Perception.
Energy Resistance, Acid (5) You have the specified Energy Resistance against Acid attacks.
Energy Resistance, Cold (5) You have the specified Energy Resistance against Cold attacks.
Energy Resistance, Electricity (5) You have the specified Energy Resistance against Electricity attacks.
Greed (Ex) +2 to Appraise checks to determine the price of nonmagical goods that contain precious metals or gemstones.
Lore Master (1/day) (Ex) Can take 10 on any trained knowledge checks. Activate to take 20 as a standard action.
Prodigy (Perform [oratory], Perform [comedy]) Gain a +2 bonus on two Craft, Perform, or Profession skills.
Sleeves of many garments Transform current clothes into any non-magical new form.
Spellsong Combine spellcasting and bardic performance
Versatile Performance (Comedy) +15 (Ex) You may substitute the final value of your Perform: Comedy skill for Bluff or Intimidate checks
Versatile Performance (Oratory) +15 (Ex) You may substitute the final value of your Perform: Oratory skill for Diplomacy or Sense Motive checks
Wand of detect poison (50 charges) Add this item to create a wand of a chosen spell.
Wand of silent image (50 charges) Add this item to create a wand of a chosen spell.
Wand of unseen servant (50 charges) Add this item to create a wand of a chosen spell.

Mount (+carried equipment)

Horse, light (combat trained)
Horse
N Large animal
Init +2; Senses low-light vision, scent; Perception +6
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 11, touch 11, flat-footed 9 (+2 Dex, -1 size)
hp 15 (2d8+6)
Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +1
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 50 ft.
Melee 2 hooves +3 (1d4+3)
Space 10 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 16, Dex 14, Con 17, Int 2, Wis 13, Cha 7
Base Atk +1; CMB +5; CMD 17 (21 vs. trip)
Feats Endurance, Run
Tricks Attack, Combat Riding, Come, Defend, Down, Guard, Heel
Skills Acrobatics +2 (+6 to jump with a running start), Perception +6, Ride +2 (+4 to stay in the saddle)
SQ combat riding
Other Gear grooming kit, military saddle, mirror, pathfinder's kit, perfume/cologne, saddlebags, scrivener's kit, stationery
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Combat Riding [Trick] The animal has been trained to bear a rider into combat.
Endurance +4 to a variety of fort saves, skill and ability checks. Sleep in L/M armor with no fatigue.
Low-Light Vision See twice as far as a human in low light, distinguishing color and detail.
Run Run 5x your speed in light/medium armor or 4x speed in heavy armor and keep Dex when running.
Scent (Ex) Detect opponents within 15+ feet by sense of smell.
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Foxfyr

Name: Piro
Race: Human
Class: Oracle
Alignment: Lawful Good

Character Sheet

Character Bio:

Though his former life seems like a distant memory in the wake of his current situation, he can still recall enough to know who he was.  Piro was a benevolent man who followed the path of righteous good, though had not allowed it to define him.  As a result, he never adhered to the strict zealous codes and mentalities of those he often found himself working for; namely the Inquisition.  The truth of the matter was that it took a magnitude of patience for him to tolerate the sanctimonious ‘enforcers of good’, finding their drive to purge the world of evil no less abhorrent than the cults they fought that wished to do the same, just from the other end of the moral spectrum.

Piro wasn’t in the business of divine wars; rather, he was a servant of the preservation of life itself.  His regular work in these wars ensured he never went hungry.  It also enabled him to better serve his own ambition of actively reducing the number of casualties all this senseless fighting seemed to produce.  Largely they were small victories in the grand scheme of things; stabilizing all who were wounded, no matter whose side they fought on, and most importantly making sure that innocents who had no involvement in the conflict had a way to survive the crossfire.

Piro's choice of weapon was as much of a reflection of his intentions as his actions.  His fauchard, while as lethal as any weapon on the battlefield, was most often used to trip up his opponents before they had a chance to close ranks and otherwise make them more hesitant about continuing the fight with him.  Not that he’s a pacifist; there are plenty of causes he deems worth fighting for, he is just hesitant when it comes to taking it to the point of starting a vicious cycle of needless bloodshed.

No war is without its risks and what little he can piece together from the last hours he spent in the material plane was enough to show that his luck had come up short.  His group was ambushed and captured by what was most presumably an infernal cult who seemed all too delighted to have prisoners bearing insignia of the Inquisition even if Piro intentionally lacked such paraphernalia.  Some were killed outright.  Some were tortured for the enjoyment of the screams.  Piro was one of the lucky ones who was thrown into a portal to hell, whether as a gift to whatever devil they served or simply their twisted equivalent to throwing him to the lions, he couldn’t be sure.

Marie Reynolds

I have hit the wall with any inspiration for a character so I am afraid i will be dropping out.

Wintercat

Glad to be seeing some fine work presented here. Very impressed so far.

@Loki Aesier, I am amused by the sight of Piro, a character that certainly has a feel to him that his arrival to Hell was intended before he lost his memory, even if not intended by himself. Yet it is the same anomaly as it is with the others. I am curious how he will deal with his stay in Hell, but I like the description of him, it sounds like an LG character I could respect certainly.

@Faeli, your elf Naoli seems a fair start to be sure, I am curious what she might become with some time, but she has a dangerous feel to her and I think it would be curious to see her at work. Seems like a short bit of information but focusing on the mechanics needed certainly.

I've got the 1 character sheet I received beforehand in the private messages that I am going to ask the person to post on the thread, and I recall we have a few character concepts in the air, waiting to take shape and form.

@VonDoom, I'll admit that I was planning on mainly focusing on the core races (hence why I mentioned those books particularily, core book and Advanced Player's Guide), but I am considering things. Still, like with the angel concept, I can see the life being very harsh for one touched by the higher planes, even if they have fallen. One of the few changes since the 3.5th edition to the Pathfinder I am wary of is the lack of 'Level Adjustment' since while not exactly a pleasant thing to have, it sought to press a bit of balance to particularily powerful races. 

@Inerrant Lust, I would be happy to explore such a character concept sometime, but for this game I am not sure if that would work out well. I can see a lot of hostility directed towards a beacon of the higher planes walking through the streets later, likely to draw the party around such a character to near constant battle. Being 'claimed' by one fiend wouldn't stop another from executing the celestial on the street at the first moment they stepped out, such 'property' would be likely highly dangerous and Illegal by Hell's own laws, and if it was allowed out, it was every fiend's right to execute it on the spot.

Too risky with the war between Higher Planes and Hell from time to time sparking again, there are no survivors in such battles that get left behind either. Angelic beings are enemies, not captives.

@Marie Reynolds, a shame to hear you are leaving us but I understand, and wish you the best of luck finding a good game.
A&A

VonDoom

Do keep in mind that Pathfinder made almost all PC races quite a bit more powerful.  :-)

Weren't Aasimar in the APG, though? I admit, I almost exclusively use the PFD20SRD and may have misremembered. The 'Peri-blooded' bit pretty much definitely isn't, though, on rethinking it -- those guys are fire-aspected angels that have a bit of a bad rep due to a fallen angel in their line.

That said, he's less 'fallen' and more 'evil through and through', there isn't really a 'o pity poor me' aspect to him like is so often associated with the term -- aren't there some devils that were originally angels, even in this setting? Though of course it might earn him some enmity, I imagine some might well be curious or even pleased at how he makes a mockery of his own line. Unless those nuances absolutely don't appeal, of course, and you'd really prefer core and APG only. I can think of a different concept.
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Marie Reynolds

Thanks Winter the game looks amazing just could not get anything to come to mind.

Ixy

Hi all...

This is the character I'd PMed a couple of days ago, for group/DM consideration.

Baudhiel

A fair, rural noble girl with a dark past, raised by a corrupt baroness who tried to teach her daughter her own dark ways. 

Baudhiel sought redemption for her mother's and "father's" ill deeds, rebelled and became an adventurer-- she even managed some great deeds alongside her partners.  The temptation of wild power was always within her, but she managed to stay the course of good.

Everything changed for the worse when her lover, or lovers?-- the name and a face she cannot recall, the memory stolen by her descent-- became lost to her.  He, or she, was either killed or stolen forever, by Baudhiel's own mother's betrayal.

In a desperate need for vengeance, she traded her soul for the power to reap revenge, caring nothing for justice and only to hurt.   She then set about killing everyone who SHOULD have helped, including innocent subjects, her former compatriots, and wayfaring adventurers who were in the wrong place at the wrong time.  She stopped at nothing to exact painful torment on those "responsible", having gone completely mad with abyssal power and lust, and after it was over she didn't know how to stop. 

At the last, she somehow brought low by one of her oldest friends, a fellow adventurer, and in the moment of her descent she experienced the clarity to see the pain and horror she had caused... most of this is just a nightmare to her now, but she is keenly aware that she has done wrong, and must make things right somehow.

RafeRavel

Ooooooooooh, this game sounds fabulous! I've a couple character concepts already, of varying alignment spectrum... I'll work on getting something written up ASAP!

Blinkin

Since it seems that this is the place to put these, here is a character that I sent in a few days ago via PM.

Physical Description:
Annastasia can only be described as a voluptuous, vivacious young woman with long, thick midnight hair that falls almost to her waist that she usually keeps in a braide and eyes the color of cobalt. A heart shaped face with full lips and a straight, slightly upturned nose and well defined chin, she is an eye catcher wherever she goes. With a figure that flows from generous breast into a slender waist before flairing out into well rounded hips and tight ass, her long, lean legs blesses her with an unconscious grace that catches the eyes of just about everyone that she passes. Usually dressed in a low cut cream colored tunic and tight leather breaches that tuck into turned-down knee high boots, she is a vision with a roguish grin.

Personality:
Annastasia is a fun-loving woman who tries to live each day as if it were her last. Light hearted and outgoing, she firmly believes that if you waste one day, you may not have another and if the Gods didn’t intend you to enjoy life, they wouldn’t of given you one to live.  Easy going under most circumstances and unafraid to show her flirtatious, hungry side, she none the less has a temper that many walk carefully around. If you’re a friend, you’re a friend for life… if you’re an enemy… well, enjoy the few days that you have left.

Background:
Anna, the daughter of a ship’s captain in the service to the crown, has strove all of her life for two things; to get her father’s approval and to break out from his shadow… usually in ways that wouldn’t get his approval if he actually realized what she was doing. A bit of a rebel in her attitudes, she’s made no secret that she loves men… many men… and hasn’t been all that particular about whether they have made vows or not. If they have wondering eyes and hands, it’s not her fault that their wives can’t… or won’t… keep track of those hands.

Anna set out on her own as soon as she could find a way out from under her parent’s roof and gravitated toward the exciting life of an adventurer and the sea when she could get away with it. Not a pirate, she really couldn’t say that she gave more than a passing respect to any-man’s law when things needed to be done and the legal way didn’t do the job, she’s none-the-less a good hearted woman with perhaps too much of a generous streak for her own good that tends to balance her wicked tendencies toward men in general. Not a stranger to the embrace of women, she still feels that nothing replaces a man when you want a man!

(Still in process)

Name: Annastasia Blaze      Player: Blinkin
Race: Human            Sex: Female
Class: Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade)Favored Class: Swashbuckler
Level: 6            EXP: 000
Alignment: CG         Next Level: 2,000

Measurements: 36C-28-35
Ability Scores:
STR: 13 (+1)   Carry: Light: 50   Moderate: 51-100      Heavy: 101-150
DEX: 18 (+3)
CON: 13 (+1)
INT: 14 (+2)
WIS: 12 (+1)
CHA: 16 (+3)

Saving Throws:         Combat:
Fort: +4         HP: 58/58
Reflex: +10         Init: +8
Will: +4         Speed: 30’

Offense:            Defense:
BAB:+6/+1            AC: 15
TAB: +12/+7            AC (Flatfooted): 10
Ranged: +10/+5               AC (Touch): 14
CMB:+8            CMD: +21

Class Skills:  (8 per level)
12   Acrobatics (DEX (3+3+0+6)
14      Bluff (CHR) (3+3+2+6)
12      Diplomacy (CHA) (3+3+0+6)
10      Perception(WIS) (3+1+0+6)
12      Sense Motive (CHA) (3+3+0+6)
10   Sleight of Hand (DEX) (3+3+0+4)
12      Stealth (Dex) (3+3+0+6)

Languages:  Common, Knoll, giant

Feats:
(RF=Racial Feature, CF=Class Feature)

1st Level
RF -   Fast Learner: +1 HP and Skill Point per level when taking favored class
Fencer’s Grace: Use Dex mod for damage instead of STR
CF -   Deeds: Daring Do, Dodging Panache, Opportune parry & repost
CF -   Inspired Finesse: Weapon Finesse & Weapon Prof.; Rapiers bonus Feat
CF -   Weapon Proficiency; Rapier: +1 Attack with Rapiers
CF -   Inspired Panache (8): Points to perform deeds equal to CHA+INT mods
   2nd Level
CF -   Charmed Life (3x day): Add Charisma mod to 1 saving throw per day.
   3rd Level
   Improvisation (+2 for all skills without ranks and any untrained skill is trained
CF -   Deeds: Kip-up, Menacing Swordplay, Precise Strike, SB Init,
CF -   Nimble +1: +1 Dodge Bonus
   4th Level
CF -   Extra Panache: Grants 2 extra Panache points
   5th Level
   Improved Improvisation (+4 to all skill w/o ranks & armor/weap penalties ½)
CF -   Swashbuckler Weapon Training +1 (+1 att/dam, gains Improved Crit. Feat)
   6th Level
CF -   Charmed Life (4x day): Add Charisma mod to 1 saving throw.

Racial/class traits
Bonus Feat at 1st level
+1 skill point at each level
Favored Class: ¼ panache point per level

Drawback:
   Overprotective: -2 to attack and skill checks if 10+’ from a fallen ally.
Traits:
   Blood of Dragons: Gains low-light vision
Fencer: +2 to bluff skill
Paragon of Speed: +2 to Initiative

"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Inerrant Lust

Fair enough. As I don't really have any other ideas that come to mind, I'll have to bow out, though. :P

Best of luck to you.

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Muse

May i know the spell Frost Fingers?  It's identical to burning hands except that the damage has the cold descriptor instead of the fire. 

Faeli

Quote from: Muse on November 13, 2014, 10:35:54 PM
May i know the spell Frost Fingers?  It's identical to burning hands except that the damage has the cold descriptor instead of the fire.

Why do I have a feeling that you'll be using that just to make certain characters' nipples stand out more?  :P

Chulanowa

At 1d6/level damage, you'll be lucky to have nipples left!

So... is this becoming more open regarding race / class options? I'm still puddling around a few ideas (No paladin, you're right, sounds like more hassle than I really want) but if we have a little more wriggle room...

Muse

Muse

Name:      Jia Seikasa
Alignment:   Chaotic Good
Class:      Sorceress 5, Dragon Disciple 1
EXP:         
Next Level:   
Faith:      Desna
Race:      Human

Birthday:   
height:   5’5”   
Weight:   130lbs
Measures:    36”DD, 24” 30”
Skin:      Pink
Hair:      Silver with turquoise highlights. 
Eyes:   Brilliant turquoise. 
Style:   

Tydorei

I'll try and put my concept up either today or  this weekend if its not to late.

Faeli

We may want to make a decision if we want this in NC or not.  I am fine with either... I would prefer NC (hey, what is the point of being in hell if a prime avenue of sin isn't explored?) but totally don't mind if others may not be okay with it :)