in a time of war

Started by veilwebb, March 10, 2011, 05:37:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sazzie

"I'll just set you in the scene then. My father, never was there for me and my sister. Always working for the government, never home. So, I suppose you could say she hates his guts more than I do. So with that being said, she doesn't hate me." I then pause for a bit, struggling to go on. "He was ordered to kill her, and he no longer saw her as a daughter in his eyes, but an enemy." I pluck more grass.

"That night I snuck out to her execution, guild members were already at the court yard fighting the government off...She had a high role in the guild." I pause again throwing the grass in the air. "My father happened to be in the wrong place, at the wrong time...We were both wearing a helmet of course, it was a close duel, swords clashing, as if we were dancing with eachother."

"Ten minutes later, he's dead...I take his helmet off and there my dad was...The government soon found out I was a traitor...Unfortunately I couldn't save my sister and high tailed it out of there." I then sigh and close my eyes.

veilwebb

"So that prison breakout some did live, My brother did he sent me a letter a day after. That's why I'm going to the border we said we would meet their. Maybe your sister made it out too" I said feeling sorry for her.

sazzie

I grunt and throw a pebble, "You said you only knew of two survivors...You, and now I know it's your brother...not her..." I then grab the pocket knife out of my belt. "By the way, next time you try to keep someone a prisoner...Grab their weapons too," I slice through the bondage around my chest.

veilwebb

"well I figured you hadn't attempted to kill me yet. Plus Im sure you know I could kill you without even blinking at any time, so don't do anything stupid" Over in the distance I see torch lights heading our way. "Stay here ill go check it out" I say

sazzie

Nice excuse I think to myself and roll my eyes. "Go right ahead," I say and take off my bandage to wash all the dried blood off.

veilwebb

I walk along the swamp line trying to stay out of the moonlight. I can make out three faces walking along the dirt path. They were carrying ruby engraved daggers and cheaply made swords. Probally bandits I thought to myself. I make my way back to the camp area. "its just three bandits" I say. "so are you fit enough to hope on your horse and ride in the pitch black or should we just wait it out and if they come over here ill have to kill them" I ask

sazzie

He comes back too quickly, I hope he doesn't see that my arm has the beginning signs of an infection. I quickly wrap a new bandage around it and shrug the pain off, "Um, I think i'll be fine on my horse," I get up quickly and untie Spirit's reins. I slowly raise myself on her and say, "Yeah, think I can do this,"

veilwebb

We ride off along the swamp not able to see a thing trying to not go too fast so the bandits don't hear our horses hooves. I then don't make out a low tree branch and I'm knocked from my horse I fall to the ground and cant see anything its too dark I see the bandits closing in on me and I cant find my sword its not at my side it must of fallen off when I did. I attempt to get up but I cant because my feet are tangled in the rains of the horse. The bandits are so close I can see there faces now. The horse is startled runs straight for the bandits and I'm dragged behind it. The bandits hear and see the horse they throw there daggers at it and the horse falls on top of me they are now surrounding me and I'm defenseless.

sazzie

I hear a large struggle up ahead, loud grunts and thuds. Shit, Craig I then hop off Spirit and quietly tell her to stay where she is. Maybe riding wasn't a smart idea I feel something sharp jab into my shin, I bend over to pick whatever it was up...His sword. Ah shit, they have Craig and he's defenseless.

I listen to the men struggle and quietly make my way toward them. Grabbing my injured arm I hope for the best, closing my eyes I throw the dagger at the horse's reins. With perfect aim it slices through, releasing Craig. "Catch!" I yell, and throw his sword in the air.

veilwebb

I catch the sword in my hand and I block off all three of theirs at the same time while still laying on the ground because the horse is on top of my left leg. I fend them off to the best of my ability. Glancing blow after blow of there cheap metal swords. Finally i get a chance and i disarm one of the bandits and slice his arm. I then go back to blocking their blows. The bandit that is cut goes back to pick up his sword and see's sazz and he charges her.

sazzie

The bandit jumps ontop of me, knocking me onto the ground. He grabs my neck and begins to choke me, everything goes blurry. I try groping blindly on the ground for something. The bandit then raises his sword in the air, just then I find a large rock and slam it on his head, knocking him out cold.

I push his body off me, pick the rock back up again, along with a few others and throw them at the other two bandits. They look at me and grin eachother and start making their way slowly toward me.

veilwebb

Finally I get a break and I lift the horse off of me and I kill the two bandits from behind. "that was close" I said. I must be getting old I thought I never would of been that clumsy in the old days and even the me the best swordsman that ever lived cant fend off three men without being able to move for too long right? or should I have been able to beat em I thought to myself

sazzie

I gasp and grab my arm after the fight, I couldn't keep it secret anymore that my arm was getting worse with infection. "Yeah, close."

veilwebb

"you know I could just cut it off" I say looking through the bandits things. tossing every useless item and putting anything useful in my jacket pocket.

sazzie

I am somewhat shocked that he figures out its an infection, and not just pain. "Thanks, but...Isn't there a town somewhere not far from here? I need medicine...And a new weapon from the looks of it. I can't go on with just a dagger." I smile and give him the best 'puppy eye' look possible.

veilwebb

"go to a town? in the middle of the war when they are looking for people like us ? Are you insane?" I said. "looks like we are camping here for the night" Pulling a dead body next to his dead horse and lays down using the dead body as a pillow

sazzie

I call over Spirit and have her lay down next to me. I snuggle up against her warm body instead of a dead one. "We can just cover the marks up again. We'll be fine," I say, "By the way, your disgusting, and you still haven't showered," I laugh and roll over facing away from him.

veilwebb

As I lay there looking up into the stars I thought well I could venture into town and steal her some medicine and a weapon or maybe something. I fall asleep and I wake up early and I gather all my things and attach them to sazz's horse and start eating another pouch of food waiting for her to wake up.

sazzie

Water drips onto my face waking me up. I lick my lips slowly and roll back over on my side and try to fall back asleep, but the sun is blazing on my back. I grunt and push myself up lightly. I notice Craig is up, "Mornin," I say softly. Then get a big wift of something foul, I gag and cover my nose.

veilwebb

"dead people smell" I say. "so I have decided we will go to town but we are going to have to be careful who we talk too and sneak around the guards" I say as I jump up onto her horse

sazzie

"Yeah, and you slept with one," I smirk and then frown, "And who says you can ride my horse? What am I supposed to do?"

veilwebb

"call your government friends and have them give you a lift" laugh hysterically at the comment i just made. "you can either walk or grab onto my back your choice"

sazzie

"You're funny," I say and jump on the back of my horse with Craig. I hesitate to finally put my arms around him though, I do though eventually so I can't fall off. "Enjoy it while you can," I whisper in his ear and smirk.

veilwebb

"And you enjoy the dead body smell all over me while we ride" laughs. Kicks the horse and we ride off towards the nearest town. Upon reaching the outskirts of the town I say "ok we need to figure away past those guards there" pointing to the two guards at the entrance. " and we cant kill them"

sazzie

"Awh, and I was beginning to like you as my sidekick," I say, and hop off  Spirit. My arm tingles slightly as I do this. I look around and see sewage pipes and point them out towards Craig's attention. "Are you thinking what i'm thinking?" I ask and make my way toward the pipes.