News:

Main Menu

In the Clouds

Started by crystaltears, April 19, 2011, 04:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crystaltears

Today I'm at the top of the world again. This cycle seems to be getting more and more severe.. Where things just climb and climb and climb, and then plummet down again. It's been good and bad, but of course I would feel the good of it right now, while I'm on the up.

I have to say part of it was a poem recently brought to my attention, Phenomenal Woman, by Maya Angelou (thanks again to the person who shared it with me <3).

For some reason today I can read the words of that and actually feel like the narrative voice could be mine. Most days I'm just not like that. But today... Well, there's a quality in my smile that hints at something beyond my skin that I just know is there and others can see and they can't guess what it might be, but it touches them...

It's a day where I'm not even physically feeling well, but still have enough of a positive attitude that I can see its effect on my coworkers in the way they respond to me, the smiles they reflect back at mine.

It's a report day, and I'm still in high spirits, and the rain is coming, but all I can think of is the beauty in it and this tender confidence in myself that I wish I could hold onto. I will hold onto it as long as I can, and see myself for being someone special to those I know and care for.. To my mirror full of sunshine and positivity, who I get to see today, and my friends who bear with my poetry and ramblings... And the people who read my random blog entries and serious entries alike and leave comments for me.

Today is a wonderful day.

Today I'm good enough just the way I am.
Give someone an easy smile today; sign this petition on Elliquiy so we can see a man in kilts!!
fantasy compendium ~ come make magic with us

A/As - Updated 08/02/2011
writing - Last Addition 07/20/2011 | blog - Last Entry 04/19/2011

Shadows and Dust... Just Another Soul.

Athos

I'm so glad to hear that you're feeling so good today. I also hope that when you fall (as we all must sadly) that it isn't too hard and that it doesn't last too long before you're back on top of the world.

Current roleplay status:  Looking for new stories.

"Weep," said Athos, "Weep, heart full of love, youth and life! Alas, I would I could weep like you!"

Jated

Good to know that you are feeling good!!  Take care!

crystaltears

Quote from: Athos on April 19, 2011, 09:04:14 PM
I'm so glad to hear that you're feeling so good today. I also hope that when you fall (as we all must sadly) that it isn't too hard and that it doesn't last too long before you're back on top of the world.

Thank you. It was a wonderful day. The progress of coming down from the top was pretty gradual and painless, and hasn't left me staring up from the bottom so... Yay for good feelings and easier days. :-)

Quote from: Jated on April 20, 2011, 03:58:36 AM
Good to know that you are feeling good!!  Take care!

Thanks, and you too. :-)
Give someone an easy smile today; sign this petition on Elliquiy so we can see a man in kilts!!
fantasy compendium ~ come make magic with us

A/As - Updated 08/02/2011
writing - Last Addition 07/20/2011 | blog - Last Entry 04/19/2011

Shadows and Dust... Just Another Soul.