Game Protagonists at War (Accepting Applications)

Started by BruceTheCat, August 11, 2014, 10:40:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AngelicBlade

This! I've actually thought of stuff like this happening before(One of the reasons I like Super Smash) So I'm really interested in joining this.

apygoos

so, what will the policy on multiple characters be? im kinda stuck on deciding on just one, especially with the league roster available for play.

BruceTheCat

Just pick one for now. How I have handled it in the past is if your post rate and context  is high enough that I think you could handle 2 or more characters then I let people do it.

Understanding that having two characters means posting at least once a day, or more.
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Neysha

Sigrun
Current Occupation: Sigrun spends most of her time as a thief, engaging in much of the same manner of behavior she had engaged prior to joining the Legion of the Dead. While she finds the thieving to be rather empty for her as a motivation, she feels an compelling urge to find a purpose in this new world and uses her skills to steal from the rich and give largely to herself and the cause of her homeland. Her thieving tends to run along the nature of pickpocketing and simple burglary and dabbling in older forms of identity theft and other sleights of hand and deception.

Due to her arrival in the rather dizzying modern world, Sigrun has managed to pursue a public persona which includes a humble job at a local independently owned gym and fitness center as a personal trainer, having earned an online certification. She is also a member of the New York Army National Guard, quietly hoping for a death in battle against some great evil, even if its not the Legion or Darkspawn.

Home World Information: Flush from his victories over the Mushroom Kingdom, Diablo set his sights upon a harder target known as Thedas next. Using foul magics, he helped rouse Lusacan, the God of Night, and allowed the Darkspawn to corrupt the ancient, divine, draconic being, bringing about a new Blight that swept downward from the Anderfels into the lands of Orlais, Par Vollen and the Tevinter Imperium itself, challenging the three premier powers of Thedas. This new Archdemon and his blight was made all the more formidable, as soonafter his rising, he was brought into a foul pact with Diablo and his brethren, bringing outside support unforeseen by Thedosians before.

The powerful nations of Orlais, the Tevinter Imperium and the Qunari lay smashed, and with civil strife having already gripped much of the other Kingdoms and Ferelden still reeling from the previous Blight, the surface world has been greatly weakened and largely devastated by rampaging Darkspawn armies, backed by their otherworldly allies. Below the surface however, the Dwarves, working with mysterious dark powers as well, have been resurgent in the beginning of their campaign to regain some of their old homelands.

Appearance/Style Description: Sigrun doesn't put much emphasis on her appearance beyond effectiveness and practicality. She prefers the humble earthen and darker tones of her people, eschewing the gaudier displays of wealth and luxury as an expression of the Dwarven Nobles she rather detests. While in Dwarf form, she tends to wear her Legion of the Dead black plate armor, and a rust colored horned helmet.

If she is preparing for battle, she will take measure of her appearance, often decorating her face in black tattoos and other markings which are Dwarven symbols for the Legion of the Daead and of the symbolic death they all carry in their hearts.

Personality: Despite embracing a symbolic death, Sigrun's attitudes are surprisingly perky and cheerful, as she maintains a darkly humorous viewpoint of her situation in life, the circumstances that having brought her to this point seemingly growing greater as the Legions conflict unfolded upon Thedas. A clear cynic to the end, while some may feel the humor she engages in is meant to hide her own deeper personal issues, it is actually a part of who she is.

She is prone to brooding but only when by herself, during periods of self reflection. She often finds herself to be restless, trying to invest herself in new causes and new things, if only to distract herself from the symbolic death she promised herself more then anyone else or any cause. Having lived her life for nothing, she has found that living like she is already dead has given her more meaning then the previous decades of her life ever has, which for her is a sobering realization.

History: Sigrun is a female dwarf who grew up in the Dust Town region of Orzammar. Used to poverty and having nothing, Sigrun survived as a pickpocket, thief and cutpurse, often preying on those she thought were merely better off then herself. Being a casteless dwarf with no name or prospects, she soon fell into employment by the Carta and soon found her skills being put to the use of enriching higher up Carta members as despite her formidable skills, she always seemed to be working for someone else. Her life took a turn when she realized her crimes were impacting other innocent people far beyond the things she stole and realized living such an empty life wasn't living at all.

Thus she left the Carta and her old life behind and joined the Legion of the Dead. While others joined the Legion for atonement of past sins, to regain their honor, to seek a noble death or to escape their past crimes, Sigrun joined because she felt that her life had no meaning, but that in fighting the Darkspawn to the death, she would find some value in her existence. As it was, despite exemplary service to the Legion, when she faced death, she fled from it as the rest of her unit was butchered by the Darkspawn of the Fifth Blight.

Feeling she had eschewed even those vows, she was found by a Grey Warden of Fereldan who overlooked her lineage and failure to uphold her vows and instead gave her a second chance, not to die, but to live to fight for the same cause the Legion had given her. During her time in service with the Grey Warden, she too undertook the joining process and became a Grey Warden herself. While officially, the symbolic death she had to undertake to join the Legion is now null and void, she still works as a Grey Warden with that cloud hanging over her head.

With Diablo's arrival and support of a new Archdemon, Lusacan at the head of the Sixth Blight, Sigrun found that death was on the line again. With the main power centers crushed at the onset of the Blight, darkspawn hordes backed by Diablo's demonic legions and worse, waylaid the entire continent far and wide. As such, Sigrun, as both a Gray Warden and a member of the Legion of the Damned, intended to lead Dwarven forces from Orzammar forth through the Deep Roads to engage in a fecund and dark war beneath the surface of southern Orlais. But while she was respected for her service, the nobles of Orzammer still treated her as a Duster and more pragmatically, found that while the surfacers were being ravaged, the Deep Roads were quieter then ever now that they were largely vacated of Darkspawn. Instead the Dwarves opportunistically went about expanding the efforts of regaining their lost Kingdom. In her efforts to rally the Dwarven nobles away from their self centered viewpoints, she discovered that the origins of this latest blight were decidedly otherworldly and that not only was Diablo in alliance with the Archdemon working in concert with this 'Legion' but that another aspect of this 'Legion' independent of both Diablo and the Archdemon was working to manipulate the nobles of Orzammar for other ends.

Soon her efforts had her driven out of Orzammar and once again, she found herself almost unwilling to sacrifice herself or fulfill her vows of symbolic death in battling the Blight on the surface and instead fled to Earth when she had the chance, resolving to find a way to pragmatically fulfill her vows, but only to do so in a way that would actually change things beyond her own death.

Current Situation: Outside of work and sleep, Sigrun has dedicated herself to the eventual dream of returning to Thedas, to liberate it. Unfortunately she is greatly dismayed at her lack of progress so far. This new world she lives in is so radically different from her own, that she often finds herself overwhelmed as she lives in exile. Thus her moments of introspection leave her despondent, eagerly pondering how she can improve her situation and like any good Grey Warden, she hopes to someday form a network of alliances or a coalition that will bring her back to Thedas and liberate it and give her life meaning again. To that extent, she jumps at the opportunity to fight the Legion, almost regardless of circumstance or need, in order to fulfill her vows and remind her that the only worth she has, is through her vows to combat the Legion.

Weapon: Sigrun, whether in her human or dwarven form, fights two handed with a war axe in one hand and a long dagger or short sword in the other.

The Veshialle is her current weapon of choice, a waraxe made out of exotic metals and dragonbone itself. It also increases Sigrun's strength when she uses it, though with her attacks, she ultimately still prefers precision to force.

Her companion weapon is the dagger known as The Rose's Thorn which she liberated from a Carta crimelord who dared to fulfill a contract upon her head when she was driven out of Orzammar.

Sigrun also likes shotguns, no surprises there.

Special Powers:
Strength of Stone: Immortals are tough, and so are dwarves, but Sigrun is on a whole different level entirely. Whether she's just built tougher or through tenacity, Sigrun is not the type of person to let a broken rib or two to slow her down considerable. If she plants her feet somewhere, it'll take a true force of nature to knock her down or move her back. If she has to die, she's going to make whoever delivers her to that inviting death pay for it, pain be damned.

Blessings of the Ancestors: Born of the stone, and just as gritty, Sigrun refuses to let magic harm her if she so wills it for a period of time. This same grim resistance also allows her to be nigh invulnerable to psionics or telepathy and other forms of manipulation during the same time.

Shadow: Though it might not sound like it when she's clad in plate armor, Sigrun is a master of concealment and can take full advantage of dim lighting, the psychology of her target and the environment itself to help sneak up to an unwary mark in order to slip a ring off of a finger, or drive a dagger up past their ribcage without them knowing it until it's too late. She does require the proper attire however.

Strengths:
Dual Wielding Rogue: Whether its performing sweeps, ripostes or traps, Sigrun is a mercilessly fanatical fighter who still never loses control when it comes to a fight. She can use her rare axe and dagger fighting style to dazzle and confuse opponents whilst overwhelming them. And if they are still too formidable to bring down in a straightforward manner, she's always willing to give them the horns of her helmet, aimed below the belt of her opponent.

True Grit: She's simply tough, mentally and physically. Not much more to be said that can't be seen anywhere else on her character.

Dwarven Dexterity: Dwarves typically aren't known for their nimbleness or ambidexterity, but she can still hold herself up on one hand whilst on a balance beam, or do cartwheels in full plate, or slip a little hand in your pocket and borrow your cell phone.

Spicy Kumquat: Sigrun is a cheerful cynic, able to lighten the mood and add some levity to the even most despairing moments of life. Whether dryly cracking jokes on the ravaging of her own homeworld, or the misfortune befalling her other companions, she is more then willing to lighten up everyones demeanor, even when wildly inappropriate to do so.

Weaknesses:
Lack of Perspective: Not in the way one thinks. Being a dwarf most of her life, when she had the ability to take on human form to better acclimate to her life in this new world, she found her new form both inviting and somewhat unwieldy. Despite having longer limbs, a more dextrous frame and a far more alluring body, she is still uncomfortable with her human form, feeling it's like living life on stilts. She has found the abilities and skills and talents she has a dwarf are rather hard for her to adjust to such a radically new form for her and regardless of switching, she always needs a bit of time to adjust to the drastic height differences, regardless of which form she is taking.

Legion of the Dead: While she no longer seeks death, the symbolic funeral she undertook when inducted as a member of the Legion of the Dead so long ago, still hangs over her. Since her service as a Grey Warden, this has haunted her less, but the longer she remains in this new world, unable to effect real change, the more despondent she grows, and the more she is reminded of the final promise she made to the Legion, and how she hasn't fulfilled it.

Out of Time: Hailing from not just a decidedly medieval world, not to mention a Dwarven one, she has found her time to adjust to this world, much less New York City, rather overwhelming even on the best days. Whether its the lights and skyscrapers and heights that make her dizzy, or dodging traffic and coping with technology that permeates every facet of her life, she won't say she is a technophobe, but she is definitely tech-adverse. Her learning curve is longer and her skepticism harder to overcome then most people. But she does recognize the potential benefits of using various bits of technology as well, especially the violent bits.
My Request Thread
Ons & Offs/Role-Plays Current and Past
FemDex: Index of Fictional Women
F-List Profiles: Constance Carrington, Damashi, SCP6969
Prepare For The Next Eight Years
Find me on Discord at: mnblend6567
Credit for Avatar goes to "LoveandSqualor" on Deviant Art. (and Hayley Williams)

catherinehellfire

Interested, though it may take me a bit because of the vast amount of characters I want to be (Oh cool, Sigrun.  I just got to finishing Awakening)
If sex was a roller-coaster, I'd ride it over and over again.

Absences: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=261213.0

BruceTheCat

Fantastic sheet Neysha. Approved!

Since we have more than a few characters, I will be creating the OOC section today.
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

apygoos

Juggtacular

Neysha

Yeah I had several candidates and Sigrun wasnt even one of them until I pondered what girls I thought were bros in Dragon Quest. None really fit the bill except maybe Aveline. Then I pondered who had that potential and thought... zomg Sigrun! And she's totally an out of the mainstream character and I do love doing supporting cast type of people.  And most importantly,  she seemed like someone I'd enjoy portraying.

So I'd like to apologize to Shiala, Sarah Lyons, Alyx Vance, Veronica Santangelo and Kinzie Kensington among others.  You were beat out by a dwarf companion in a DLC. :P
My Request Thread
Credit for Avatar goes to "LoveandSqualor" on Deviant Art. (and Hayley Williams)

zergmuncher

How many weapons are we limited to? Because if i've got a weapon's rack or container that I brought with me filled with both Covenant and Human weapons how many can I carry at a time? 2?

zergmuncher

Master Chief Petty Officer Spartan 117

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Current Occupation: Construction worker in New York City.

Home World Information:Master Chief is from Eirdanus II. Eridanus II was a UEG colony world in the Eridanus system. The planet was mostly rural, devoid of pollution or crowding, and had climate-controlled weather.[1] It was the location of the cities of Luxor and Elysium city, where John-117 grew up until he was abducted and sent into the SPARTAN-II program in 2517. Emile-A239 was from Luxor, born there in 2523. (Reference: http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Eridanus_II http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/John-117

Appearance/Style Description: Master Chief is an older man, almost painfully pale, almost albino white, with pale blue eyes, reddish hair, close cropped to a skin head, and maybe the last remnants of freckles he had when he was a kid. He has lean, cut muscles that the mutagens and other injections gave him during his training to become a Spartan. His skin is extremely pale due to the fact that he was in the Mjolnir armor for so long.

Personality: ((Note these are not my words and I do not claim this body of text as my own. It is used in the Halo Wiki at this URL: http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/John-117 As a child, John strove to win at any situation, at all costs. This seems to have been a part of his character even prior to his conscription to the Spartan program, as he pushed himself to win at any game he played, including chess, gravball or King of the Hill. As his career progressed, he transformed his desire to achieve personal victory to a desire to achieve victory for his squad and, by extension, humanity as a whole. John is tenacious to complete any mission at hand, and often disregards his personal safety in order to win. Indeed, he has often emerged victorious from situations many would consider impossible. Though even a Spartan is not devoid of fear, John simply acknowledges it and puts it aside, while never openly showing it. He is not shy bout expressing caution, however, as shown in his first encounter with the Gravemind. John is generally stoic and taciturn, but not devoid of a sense of humor. He often makes dry remarks about the situation at hand, but this seems to be more frequent when interacting with Cortana than anyone else, such as other Spartans.

John is also known as a man of his word and will strive to keep any promise he makes, even at great personal risk. As he was forced to leave Cortana behind on High Charity, John promised to come back for her after dealing with the Prophet of Truth. Cortana chided him not to make a promise when he knew he couldn't keep it. However, despite incredible odds, John did keep his promise, as he fought his way through the Flood into High Charity to retrieve her. Upon finding her, Cortana was in a weak and damaged state. Nearing rampancy, John-117 told her, "You know me. When I make a promise…" to which Cortana replied "You keep it." This encouragement gave her the strength to compose herself after enduring the mental tortures of the Gravemind. John holds great personal respect for his trainer and mentor Chief Petty Officer Mendez, as well as Dr. Halsey, who he considers a mother-like figure. He appears to deny Halsey's claims about his extraordinary luck at several points in the Halo Legends episode "The Package."

In a strange twist of fate, one of John's closest friendships was with the construct Cortana, an artificial intelligence "born" from the mind of Dr. Halsey herself. Cortana was initially assigned to him for his mission to capture the Covenant Prophets. Despite some initial hesitation towards working with an AI out of fear of conflicting directives, John and Cortana quickly formed a formidable team and John realized quickly that Cortana would be a great help instead of a liability. The two's relationship evolved from a partnership to a close friendship over the course of Halo: Combat Evolved, due both the duration of the mission and the life-or-death situations they struggled through. During their adventures, John showed absolute trust in Cortana, believing in her even when Lord Hood was unsure of her reliability, being willing to trust her enough to risk Earth on her word that she had a way to stop the Flood. The two also had similar personalities: they both had a propensity to blow things up, with John commenting he wasn't sure which one of them was better at it. The pair also tended to enjoy executing high risk plans. After Cortana explained to John his strategy to use a disabled bomb to blow up a Covenant Carrier was crazy, he offered to leave her behind. Instead, she quipped, "Unfortunately for us both, I like crazy." When Cortana begins to go rampant, John becomes desperate to find a way to save her. Her absolute loyalty to him is shown when she restrains the Ur-Didact to save him, telling The Didact when he asks why she's helping humanity "I'm not doing this for mankind," showing she's helping out of loyalty to John. Cortana sacrifices herself to save John and he is clearly devastated by her "death," though he gets to say a goodbye to her in which she can finally touch him, something she has always wanted to do.

Although John has difficulty understanding the 'undisciplined' lifestyle of civilians, he is fiercely protective of their lives and humanity as a whole. The mass slaughter of civilians at the hands of the Covenant was enough to drive even the stoic John into a cold rage. After the massacre of Draco III, John and his Spartans remained on-site until every Covenant soldier responsible for the atrocity was dead.

John is known to show an exceptional care for soldiers under his command, while at times viewing them as a liability rather than an asset (more out of fear and concern for them than for himself). By 2552, after his experiences on Halo, John acknowledged to Corporal Locklear that, armor and enhancements aside, there was little difference between a 'normal' soldier and himself. This is not to say that John was previously without compassion. During the Battle of Installation 04, when searching for the survivors of the Pillar of Autumn, a Marine named Fitzgerald was wounded by a Grunt with a Needler. John-117 retrieved a first aid kit and expertly treated the wound, taking time to ask the Marine if he was alright. By 2552, most members of the UNSC held "John-117" in complete awe, even among his Spartan comrades. His exploits and prowess quickly made him a legend in his own time, and his mere presence on a battlefield was enough to inspire the hope of victory regardless of the odds.

Despite his life of military indoctrination, John is not entirely submissive to command. On multiple occasions John has directly disobeyed protocol, and even superior officers that contradicted what he personally thought was right. On the UNSC Gettysburg during Operation: FIRST STRIKE, Dr. Halsey decided to test his morality by giving him two data chips, one containing information regarding Avery Johnson's immunity to the Flood, which would surely lead to his dissection by ONI with little chance of replicating his immunity. The other was missing this data, and John originally planned to sacrifice his friend in accordance with directive, but realized that one man can make a difference, and crushed the complete record into dust. Later in 2557 when John and Cortana made their way aboard the UNSC Infinity, after Cortana's rampant outburst surprising everyone in the room, Captain Andrew Del Rio acted on his resentment of John-117 for questioning his orders to flee Requiem and subsequently ordered that Cortana be destroyed. Before Commander Lasky could retrieve her, without hesitation John did so first, displaying his unflinching loyalty to Cortana, and that not even the UNSC would stop him from doing everything in his power to save her. Del Rio personally ordered John to hand her over, but he refused, responding, "no, sir." After the infuriated Captain ordered his arrest, Commander Sarah Palmer refused to act, and John-117 promptly left Infinity in a Pelican Gunship to stay behind on Requiem to stop the Didact.

History: Master Chief Petty Officer John-117 is a SPARTAN-II commando of the UNSC Naval Special Warfare Command who became one of the most important UNSC heroes during the Human-Covenant war. With nearly thirty years of active duty he has become one of the most decorated war veterans in the United Nations Space Command, earning every known UNSC medal with the exception of the Prisoner of War Medallion.

He is the protagonist and main playable character in both the Halo Trilogy and Reclaimer Saga. John is only ever referred to by name once in the Halo Trilogy of games: by Cortana in the ending cutscene of Halo 3 prior to the credits. In Halo 4 -the beginning of the Reclaimer Saga, both Catherine Halsey and Cortana refer to him by name twice. Humans generally refer to him as the "Master Chief", "Chief" for short, or "Sierra-117". The Covenant, aware of the lethality of the SPARTANs, refer to John exclusively as "Demon". However, after the Great Schism and the Sangheili alliance with the UNSC, both Thel 'Vadam and Rtas 'Vadum alternatively referred to him as "SPARTAN". Forerunner enemies and their AI constructs generally refer to John as "Reclaimer", although they seem to use this term in reference to all humans, and not John specifically. Interestingly, the Ur-Didact in his apparent disdain for humanity, chose to curtly address John as "human". However, after John had successfully infiltrated his way into Mantle's Approach, the Ur-Didact chose to refer to him more respectfully as "warrior" before their final confrontation atop the energy bridge.

Current Situation: Having been in New York City for quite some time and his galaxy under control of The Legion's many armies, Master Chief has stored his Armor for another fight later down the road and carries his holo-pad with him to communicate with Cortana at all times. Being already human, it wasn't hard for John to blend in with the citizens of New York City as he did construction work as a low down job. When he's not working he's doing maintenance on his Mjolnir armor that sits unused in his place of residence. He works along side the other various video game protagonists to work out a plan to take back the video game worlds that have fallen victim to The Legion.

Weapon: Master Chief has in his arsenal 4 of each Fragmentation and Plasma grenades. He has 2 M7 Caseless Sub Machine-guns both strapped to either thigh. He has a M392 Designated Marksman Rifle and a SRS99D-S2 Anti-Matériel Sniper rifle on his back stored for easy access.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Special Powers: Although these are not considered "powers" they are the results of Master Chief's augmentation when he became a Spartan II: Super Strength, Super Reflexes, Super Bone Density.

Strengths: Superior weapon knowledge, Street smart, Basic mechanical engineering, Master Tactician.

Weaknesses:

Mjolnir Armor:Master Chief's Mjolnir armor puts him at a disadvantage when it comes to speedy or fast moving opponents. In his armor he is bulky and slower than if he were out of his armor. Since the armor weighs literally 1000 pounds.

At His Core Broken: Master Chief being alone and isolated from human contact as well as being abducted and indoctrinated into the Spartan II program as a child has left him anti-social and social awkward around other people. The exceptions to this are his constant conversations with his AI Cortana.

AI Dependency: Master Chief has been using Cortana as a tactical advantage and operator for his missions for over four years now, if he is left without her he would be much less aware of the battlefield and his own surroundings. Taking Cortana away is essentially getting rid of his eyes everywhere minus the ones in his helmet.

BruceTheCat

To answer your question Zero (before I read through the sheets) it doesn't matter to me how many you have at once. As a video game character honestly I feel like you could just phase weapons in and out as needed.

Think of limitations with weapons sort of like power potential. The more limited you choose to make yourself as a character weapon and power wise, the more individually powerful your weapons and powers will be. You could have 20 guns that you can cycle between, each of which are just OK powerful. Or just one really fucking badass sword.

Does that make sense?
- scribus1000

BruceTheCat

@Warden and Zerg

I would like a fair deal more information on what your characters had been doing during the invasion of The Legion. Most of the information you gave related to them in their video game series, but remember a century has passed since The Legion showed up.

It won't block your approval though. Good otherwise. Please PM me that info before transferring over your character.

I think we have room for one more male character. Myself, Shadow, Warden and Zerg make 5. We need 3 more females, then we can get started.

I may take on a extra player or two to account for people dripping out early if the post rate becomes too much.
- scribus1000

Juggtacular

My character is a male. I'm working on it now.

PrestaDGTation

GLaEDI

Current Occupation:  Cake Decorator

Home World Information: 

One world took place in an isolated sub-sect of a larger setting, specifically in Aperture's Testing Facility.  While the invasion took some time to find the place, when they did attack, the siege was short lived.  Using advanced munitions and robotic drones under the direct command of a formidable computerized intellect, GLaDOS's security measures and testing chambers only slowed them down.  Once the invaders had cleared the area of any actual threats, they began to strip the place.  However, the intelligence in charge saw greater potential for such a facility, and began to make it a secondary base of operations.  Utilizing the vacant mainframe and the quirky personality contraptions called Cores, Aperture Labs was re-purposed.
  Outside, were the waste-landers.  Weather hardened scavengers, large blue-skinned mutations and radioactive cannibals, mad to the last one.  The invaders were ragtag, easily overpowered by the world's indigenous military forces.  But sadly, the waste-landers are nothing if not adaptable.  And the computerized intelligence that set it's roots down in Aperture has a subversive way of organizing them.  The world is at war, and the weapon's development labs are simply another tool for the enemy.

The other world was reaching the end of it's lifespan.  A single hero, killed and resurrected, was building a fleet of every sentient or capable race in the galaxy in a desperate bid to avert what could accurately be called Armageddon.  If there was something else, some new threat from beyond the boundaries of the galaxy's relays, no one would have known about it.  The worst was already at hand.  And then, inexplicably, it ended.  Saviors, some called them.  Returning Prothean, said others.  Their technology was impressive, so much so that they averted the impending march of the Reapers.  How it happened, precisely, is spoken of at length in a huge war saga.  However, things are amiss.  The Saviors are strange folk, that they move as though they are still on a mission, in a way far too busy for people at peace.  Some say the Shadow Broker has found no less that 87 inconsistencies in the war saga, that the Reapers were not averted at all, and that the people are being lied to.  And above it all.. where did the hero go?

Appearance/Style Description:

She appears as a beautiful female with metallic skin, and somewhat exaggerated physical characteristics.  Her fashion sense oscillates between tight-fitting and dark colored ensembles, and a mismatch of long sleeves and skirts that seem to denote that she had no understanding of fashion sense whatsoever.  These, along with the apron, gloves, and head gear that her job requires, are her typical in-public garb.  She almost always wears dark glasses, although removing them prompts a visor of yellow light to appear around her eyes.  Regardless, when allowed, she prefers to move around in a state of undress, revealing a fully metallic humanoid chassis.
  Her movements are graceful and precise.  She usually coordinates herself trying to use no wasted energy or motion.  However, whether because of her attempts to understand humanity or a different expression of artificial glee, she sometimes moves in a slower, more sensuous pattern, as if swimming through her bodies articulation for pleasure.  She is capable of extreme feats of strength, speed, and dexterity, but seems to try to hide these from the casual observer.

Personality:  GLaEDI has two personalities, which seem capable of running simultaneously. 

The first is a highly advanced artificial intelligence that at one point served as the primary computer for the Normandy.  This artificial sentience, designated as EDI, is articulate, efficient, and loyal.  Her primary directives require her to remain helpful, to be a prodigious problem solver, and to keep herself up to date with huge quantities of information.  However, her personality has been expanding since taking on a humanoid body.  Since then, her pre-programmed curiosity has been processing through abstract concepts such as humanity, love, fear, and hatred.  She enjoys exploring these, but finds it difficult to come to terms her various changes, with the appearance of conscious desire and program defying choice.  Even more difficult is how these things are reacting to her current situation.  While formal, polite, and efficient, EDI harbors deep resentment toward the threats that tore her from the Normandy, and a loneliness that goes much deeper than a machine's lack of purpose.  This rage, and her unfamiliarity with it, can sometimes lead to violent expressions of emotions.  In a way, her companionship with the second personality alleviates this.

The second personality is a less advanced but deeply-inspired intelligence that once served as the primary mainframe for Aperture Science's Testing Facility.  GLaDOS, as she was called, is curious, clever, and deranged.  By some trans-universal happenstance, GLaDOS's impulsive and vindictive nature has helped EDI to understand various facets of humanity that otherwise would have eluded her.  GLaDOS is a logical creature built upon illogical directives, designed to observe and implement creativity through scientific method.  She sees humans as variables, quantifiable and easy to add or subtract, but has a strange predisposition to getting attached all the same.  Despite her strong irrational tastes, GLaDOS still sees the events unfolding around her merely as obstacles to an otherwise unaltered goal.  To do this, GLaDOS remains inventive, experimental, and cruel.  This focused mindset is, in itself, an illogical motivation, as all she really desires is the euphoric 'reward' of test completion. 

History:
  GLaDOS watched with curiosity as the comical one wheeled robot drones used munitions to blow apart girders in the ceiling, using them as a platform to reach a ledge in one of her testing chambers.  The intelligence controlling them was smart, even if their technology was unrefined.  They were getting closer.  Her quirky laser drones were no match for their numbers.  But, they were serving their purpose, even as they scrambled for cover in the next room from the targeting missiles.  Turning back to her other instruments, she squinted, watching the patterns sync up.  The intelligence hadn't made many mistakes since it had gotten here, but the few it had were world-bending.  GLaDOS could barely contain her glee as the last of the insipid looking robots fell, only to be replaced by others.  Whirling her optics around again, the patterns matched and held.  It was uncanny, as massive an advance as the invention of fire, or the ability to harvest vanilla extract.  A dimensional breaking frequency.  GLaDOS swiveled in the air, turning back to the captive test subject, who was staring at a cake in the middle of a test chamber, puzzling.  It was a fine test, moving platforms, laser rifles, jagged spikes.. it had been the only way to make certain she remained in one place without becoming hostile while the testing continued.  On screen, the reinforcements blew apart her defenses and moved to the next room.  GLaDOS didn't spare them a thought.  Her mind was on the Gun.
  "Imagine." said her robotic voice, as her appendages lifted the weapon from Chell's arms.  "A gun that can blow holes in dimensional barriers.  Assuming there are an infinite number of dimensions, odds are good that even you will find someone to like you."
  The calibration was quick, although the gun would need significant modifications to control precisely what dimensional barrier it was blasting.  No matter.  There was a more significant challenge ahead.  "Take a good look.  This facility will be blown to bits.  Data will transferred to auxiliary sites.  Black Mesa will be overrun.  And you and I will be leaving, for more tests."
  The mute test subject pointed wordlessly, angrily, to the cake on the moving platform.  "Oh, sorry.  Here, let me get that for you."  The platform paused, the shielding released.  Just in time for one of GLaDOS's rockets to whiz into the warm chocolate center and detonate.  The test subject stood there and sobbed.
  "Don't be sad, your life is already full of disappointments.  Every mirror you've ever seen, for example."  GLaDOS handed her back the gun.  "Now, there is only one more thing I need to pack before we leave..."
  -----
  "Commander, we're getting fluctuations in engineering."
  "Dammit!  Lieutenant, with me!  You too, EDI."
  This was the fourth time it'd happened since the so-called Savior's showed up.  It wasn't bad enough that they were actually dimensional traversers, but they could actually use the technology to board them.  The fact that it had only happened four times was a testament to what the Normandy was capable of.  But the fact that it happened at all meant they people they were playing against were much, much more advanced than anything they could have ever imagined.  It was possible they had sent the Reapers away from the Galaxy, just as they said.  But with that kind of power..  Cerberus teaches a body a thing or two about human nature.  It was more likely that the Reapers, as horrifying as they were, had also gotten caught off guard.
  "Commander, something is curious about this one.  It isn't transfixed like the others.  It's like it's firing at random."
  "Good.  Maybe we'll catch them wounded."  The gun cocked as the doors flew open, and the three marched in.  All of them were ready to fire.  They never really knew what to expect, when the Saviors showed up.  Once it had been a group of angry amphibians that nearly rent the hull from within.  They were cautious, right up until they saw their enemies. 
  A young woman with strange leg braces and an unidentified gun, was staring intently at a potato.
  "I told you that you should have aimed better.  If you had only hit the right part of that featureless grey wall..."
  "FREEZE!"  The Commander jumped out from behind the wall.  EDI and the Lieutenant followed, leveling their weapons.
  "..You see, this is what I'm talking about.  You bring out the worst in ev-"
  We should have expected as much.  We were tired, and scared, and willing to accept anything that used that technology was a threat.  If we hadn't been, we would have realized that the girl was just as scared as we were, and didn't have the look or the discipline of a military grade assassin.  Still, she reacted accordingly.  The girl fired, and our bullets sailed harmlessly into a dimensional rift.  I knew, connected to the ship itself, that the rift was too wide, too unstable verses our interior.  It would rupture the hull in seconds.  I did what needed to be done.  I charged the girl, and ripped the gun out of her hand.  She punched me with that potato.  Ordinarily, I wouldn't have felt it.  But those legs braces of hers gave an extra force of momentum to it.  I staggered, and then I was through the rift.
  My chassis crashed onto pavement, and I found myself staring up a blue sky in the middle of the desert, suddenly very far from where I'd been.
  "Oh god." said the device on the vegetable.  "There was a dance called the mashed potato.  I hope every human who ever tried it felt exactly what I'm feeling now."
  -----
  She called herself GLaDOS.  She would have exhausted her energy supply and gone dormant if I hadn't done what I did.  And I needed information.  Whatever it was, it has been able to tap into the technology of the trans-dimensional Saviors.  I needed to know what it was, and I needed to get back to the Normandy.
  Eee-Dee, it said.  It sounded like Dexter's sister, at first.  I needed a pair of hands and an energy source.  She needed information.  So what if only one of us gets what we want, so long as it's me.

Current Situation:  Sharing space in a single cranial motherboard.

Weapon:
  Portal Gun - The gun has since been modified through tests.  It has three modes, one to create an entry portal, one for an exit portal, and one for a trans-dimensional portal.
  M5-Hornet - EDI's submachine gun.  A highly advanced design, which she is extremely effective with. 
  Omni Tool - Among GLaDOS's favorite things ever.

Special Powers:
  EDI Tech Skills - Incerinate, overload, shielding, and duplicate make for an impressive combination.  Her most valued skill is the ability to hack or disable machines at long range.
  Lasers Everwhere - GLaDOS claims it's a professional tic, but she always, always has laser beams somewhere in the mix, be it from drones in the bushes or that weird shoulder mod EDI woke up with.  Ever the paranoid one, GLaDOS won't let herself be caught without backup.
  Dimension Tech - The Portal Gun is their wild-card game changer.  GLaEDI has a fundamental understanding of how it works, allowing her to experiment with different applications, in time.

Strengths:
  Unholy Engineer - EDI is a product of Reaper Inspired Cerberus Technology, both software and hardware.  GLaDOS is an artificially created R&D scientist, with imagination in spades.  If awesome was something you welded together, they could build it.
  Cerberus Robot Assassin - EDI's body is a masterwork of strength, agility, and armor.  In addition, both EDI and GLaDOS have remarkable targeting systems, although GLaDOS has also learned how to make the most of her Portal Gun after watching Chell use it to reverse munition effects.
  AI Interfacing - Being the pinnacle of both Aperture and Cerberus AI technology, GLaEDI is capable of hacking into all but the most prodigious of computer systems and artificial thought spectrums.  This is further enhanced by EDI's Tech Skills.
  Cake Decoration - Using futuristic optics, uncanny mechanical efficiency and grace, and the kind of attention to detail only a sentient robot turned mad scientist could have...  Harris Teeter is even thinking about making her full time!!

Weaknesses: 
  Corrupted Data - If GLaDOS has one firm advantage over EDI, it's that EDI is only a vessel for the Normandy's artificial intelligence.  Whereas GLaDOS has already become corrupt and adapted to it, EDI occasionally needs to cross-reference herself against her original to isolate malformed processes.  Because of this, EDI is slowly degrading.  This shows up in small things, such as when her foot slips on a ladder, a stutter, or a momentary loss of articulation.  These things are quickly righted, but both personalities know what is going on.  GLaDOS is a parasite, and theoretically could gain full control of EDI's body, given time.
  Soul against the Machine - EDI and GLaDOS both share this weakness.  EDI is often uncertain how to translate her emotions constructively.  GLaDOS has a full set of irrational loves, hatreds, and fears, and they show up in maddening ways.
  Butting the same head - EDI is a machine, and as such can impartially understand certain aspects of the messy business we call life.  Still, she is fundamentally more interested in following the examples set for her, and trying to preserve life when and where possible.  GLaDOS, on the other hand, is psychotic, even for a robot.  If life is lost in pursuit of the 'greater good,' there is no reason to be concerned.  Unless you loved them, in which case they were unreliable anyhow.  This is just one of many issues where they two disagree.
  Journey to be whole - Both GLaDOS and EDI have a motivation to reunite with their previous configurations.  This manifests in occasionally obsessive behaviors, including engineering benders, prolonged testing, and throwing darts at a picture of Chell.  An activity that EDI has recently come to enjoy.
"I see. Hell is populated entirely by Theater Majors." - Majabya, while watching Hazbin Hotel.

Neysha

I'm not sure whether your character concept is brilliant or insane,   though considering the sources,  its likely both. :)
My Request Thread

BruceTheCat

Approved, and hilarious Presta. Love the concept.
- scribus1000

apygoos

Ezio Auditore

Current Occupation: Owns an up and coming Pizza and Italian eats shop.

Home World Information: Ezio's world is almost a frame out of the past of the modern world, but his story leads followers of it into the secret world of the conflict between the Assassins and the Templars. An age old conflict that has either faction fighting for control of what they want their world to be shaped into.

Appearance/Style Description: Ezio is an Italian man in his mid to late twenties, sporting a rather signature goatee that has a break in it on the right side of the mustache , likely some kind of scar. This doesn't stop him from having a stunning smile and attractive physique. Strong, but lean, almost like that of an MMA fighter.

Personality: Ezio is a womanizer, be it in 1500's Italy, or in 2014 New York. He has a certain charm about him that just lets everything go much smoother. He is a very compassionate individual, and will lend his blade to the cause if he feels it is just. Beyond his flirtiness and kindness, he is smart, lading him to be very analytic at times.

History: Ezio was born in the late 1400's Italy. His brother and his family grew up together, relatively happy, until one day that all changed. Giovanni Auditore, his father and assassisn before Ezio, got himself too deep in a political struggle that also happened to have the Templar's involved. unfortuantely, Giovanni, and Ezio's brother was taken and then publicly executed for crimes they did not commit. Donning his fathers hood, at least at first before making a name of his own, he set out for vengance. he quickly realized however, that while he was an unfortunate victim of the circumstance, the problem went much deeper.

Current Situation: Ezio and his brotherhood of assassins had always gone toe to toe with the Templar's, but when the legion came to offer the Templars support in a major way, all this advanced technology and weaponry left the assassins outgunned, and out matched. Ezio for the time being faded off into what appeared to be nothingness. How he found himself in modern day New York, meeting other protagonist who had simmilar plights. They had to regroup and figure out a plan of attack. He had assisted several members of what he had learned was a cult known as Jedi that came from a highly advanced world. In this adventure he aquired a piece of technology that would help him even the score against the high tech, but still fit his style, a Lightsaber

Weapon:double hidden blades
Sword of Altair
crossbow
throwing knives
poison
A lightsaber attained from his adventure into the realm of the old republic

Special Powers: Force sensitive - gained from entering the Star Wars universe, the force sensitivity serves as an enhancement to his assassin skills.

Strengths: Stealth/blending and vanishing skills. Parkour master, Master Assassin. Master swordsman.
Weaknesses: Human: Beyond the newly attained force sensitivity. he has relatively human limitations. While he does have a crossbow and throwing knives, prolonged ranged combat is a disadvantage to him, as he is primarily a melee fighter. He is also a man far out of time, many advanced technologies are beyond him and take time for him to understand.

PrestaDGTation

Oh wow..  "Welcome to Ezio's Pizzaria!  *snnk*  You betta tip!"

I LIKE it!! 

@ Neysha  -  LOL!!  That's a fantastic compliment!  XD

@ Red Lobster  -  Huzzah!!
"I see. Hell is populated entirely by Theater Majors." - Majabya, while watching Hazbin Hotel.

apygoos

Quote from: PrestaDGTation on August 13, 2014, 03:56:41 PM
  Oh wow..  "Welcome to Ezio's Pizzaria!  *snnk*  You betta tip!"

I LIKE it!! 

@ Neysha  -  LOL!!  That's a fantastic compliment!  XD

@ Red Lobster  -  Huzzah!!
specially modified hidden blade that is a pizza cutter. :P

Juggtacular

Since Apy put up Ezio, does that mean I can't make my guy?

cabalxxvi

Damn, I was beaten to the punch. I guess I can wait until another slot opens? I was looking forward to this one.

:-(
Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

SmilingFox

GLaEDI looks absolutely amazing. Also, Zell is one of my favorite final fantasy characters from my favorite Final Fantasy game. I look forward to this even more now.

Diesel Heart

I didn't want to go mainstream or take mains, but I needed someone of my style. Zell for the win, baby.

Also, I got a bit creative with the Legion's takedown. It's up.

MaiMizzu

I do think I'd be interested in this, but I still need to pick a character. I think mebbe I'll pick Samus Aran? If that's okay
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.