News:

Main Menu

League of Legends

Started by Aiden, May 22, 2011, 02:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shjade

Oh, the turret kills a barrier shield in 1 or 2 shots on a non-tank champion anyway, pretty much. It's just that those shots are the buffer a squishy needs to "safely" dive alone. Nerfing the shield to not work on turret damage wouldn't really help that much, either; it would make it not a free dive spell, but with the cooldown so low it's up pretty much anytime you want to commit to a fight, too, such that pretty much every major teamfight ends up being ten people in gold bubbles if everyone took barrier, which is just...odd. I dunno.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

SinXAzgard21

So I'm planning on playing some games on the proving grounds today, anyone wanna join?
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Ryven

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on July 03, 2012, 12:48:20 PM
So I'm planning on playing some games on the proving grounds today, anyone wanna join?

Is the Proving Grounds just a new map?  If so, I'll join.

Shjade

Quote from: Ryven on July 03, 2012, 01:22:21 PM
Is the Proving Grounds just a new map?  If so, I'll join.

Sort of. It's the tutorial map with some changes made to it.
◕/◕'s

SinXAzgard21

Ryven

SinXAzgard21

Ryven

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on July 03, 2012, 02:06:02 PM
All random all mid.

I've never heard that before.  So basically it's just a 5v5 caged death match?

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Ryven on July 03, 2012, 02:20:42 PM
I've never heard that before.  So basically it's just a 5v5 caged death match?

Pretty much.  I've only played one and it was okay, you really can't take it seriously since it is team fights from the start.

Shjade

Yeah, it's the antithesis of normal games: no pre-game strategy (since you can't pick your champions), no long farming stage (since you get one lane's worth of CS to split between five players), just trying to murder everything all the time. Fun! :D
◕/◕'s

Chris Brady

I would join but I'm gone in about an hour or so.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Shjade on July 03, 2012, 02:36:27 PM
Yeah, it's the antithesis of normal games: no pre-game strategy (since you can't pick your champions), no long farming stage (since you get one lane's worth of CS to split between five players), just trying to murder everything all the time. Fun! :D

Though there are those who think it is serious business.  Not to mention most of the ARAM games are level 30+ unless you set it up yourself.

Ryven

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on July 03, 2012, 02:39:07 PM
Though there are those who think it is serious business.  Not to mention most of the ARAM games are level 30+ unless you set it up yourself.

30+?  How can you get over level 30? XD

Shjade

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on July 03, 2012, 02:39:07 PM
Right, because of the aforementioned rune/mastery/spell issues. With as much already random as there is, I think having near-equal footing in those areas is a good thing.
◕/◕'s

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Ryven on July 03, 2012, 02:53:55 PM
30+?  How can you get over level 30? XD

Ancient Noxus secret.

Ryven

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on July 03, 2012, 05:18:26 PM
Ancient Noxus secret.

*snerks*

Does it have anything to do with the Dance Macabre?

Chris Brady

There's a new Champion in the wings, and he wields a MASSIVE hammer AND a MASSIVE cannon.  As the same weapon.  Jayce!  Defender of Tomorrow!  I kid you not.

Jayce Ability Preview with Muffinqt

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Shjade

So he's tanky dps that can go ranged AD carry with team utility and has a mix of hard and soft CC and %health magic damage.

Well, at least they didn't overload his kit with options.
◕/◕'s

Nazz

Quote from: Ryven on July 03, 2012, 12:16:32 PM
A good fix for that would be to either have the barrier not absorb damage from turrets or to have turrets to an increased damage to the shield.  That would take care of the problem.  They could still turret dive with the second option, but they would need to think a little more rather than getting a free pass to go within range of one.

I thought the whole point of barrier was to give more turret diving power, especially since it's really only used for the ARAM-built map. No one was complaining about it in the past few matches I've played, at least...
- - - - - - -
- - - - - - Ons 'n Offs - - - - - -
- - - Nazz's Storyboard (Requests) - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

(( Currently back in college. Stuff's gonna be a lot slower from me! ))

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Chris Brady on July 03, 2012, 11:19:48 PM
There's a new Champion in the wings, and he wields a MASSIVE hammer AND a MASSIVE cannon.  As the same weapon.  Jayce!  Defender of Tomorrow!  I kid you not.

Jayce Ability Preview with Muffinqt

He gets to have both melee and ranged at level one....  I will not be touching this champ... And his lore is crap as well.

Lavinia

Another AD champ? Ugh. >.< Guess it was bound to happen, what with the random mage factory a while back, but still...Lavi would dearly love a new champ that she doesn't suck with. Is it bad that I shudder a tad when new melee folks come out?

-hides in a corner and hugs her mages-

As for ARAM, those tend to be highly entertaining. Gotta love the folks who think it's srs bsns. Last time I gave it a whirl I ended up with Cass. -grins- I do love me some Cass...sadly, the other team didn't share my love.

Chris Brady

I've got the two Champions I REALLY wanted.  Master Yi and Jax.  Any other champions are just gravy.  I mean, yeah, I'd like Blitzcrank and Oriana, but really?  Don't want them that bad.  I got my main for now.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Lavinia on July 04, 2012, 01:44:18 AM
Another AD champ? Ugh. >.< Guess it was bound to happen, what with the random mage factory a while back, but still...Lavi would dearly love a new champ that she doesn't suck with. Is it bad that I shudder a tad when new melee folks come out?

-hides in a corner and hugs her mages-

As for ARAM, those tend to be highly entertaining. Gotta love the folks who think it's srs bsns. Last time I gave it a whirl I ended up with Cass. -grins- I do love me some Cass...sadly, the other team didn't share my love.

I mostly only play melee now, I used to just stay ranged but now full on in your face combat.

Shjade

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on July 04, 2012, 01:42:52 AM
He gets to have both melee and ranged at level one....  I will not be touching this champ... And his lore is crap as well.

Inaccurate. His ultimate is what changes his hammer to cannon form, much like Nidalee's swapping her from ranged javelin-thrower into melee cat, so he gets to be melee and ranged at level six, no earlier.
◕/◕'s

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Shjade on July 04, 2012, 03:04:34 AM
Inaccurate. His ultimate is what changes his hammer to cannon form, much like Nidalee's swapping her from ranged javelin-thrower into melee cat, so he gets to be melee and ranged at level six, no earlier.

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Jayce_the_Defender_of_Tomorrow/SkinsTrivia