A Game of Traps (D&D 5e request)

Started by Heady Dionysus, March 13, 2018, 06:08:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heady Dionysus

So, one of my guilty pleasures has reared its head with a vengeance and I'm looking for a 5e game featuring cutesy traps and any potential GM who might want to run one, as well as players.  Despite the title's connotations towards Game of Thrones, I'm actually more in the mood for something closer to Lord of the Rings, with a focus on the journey, trials, and relationships between the fellowship members, whilst the story remains straightforward and simple, though I'd love for some love triangles (more-angles?) to present themselves as a plot-conflict device.

Whilst I'm seeking the main focus to be on traps, I'm not averse to token futa/female/shemale players either.  Albeit probably not more than 5 players.

The basic plot idea I had buzzing in mind is that a hapless 'maiden' (cleric of life?) stumbles into a remote village pursued by ye olde dark creatures, as s/he is some sort of reincarnation of a spirit of light that can bring about an end to the reign of their dark master.  The trappy maiden enlists the sympathy of some foolhardy youths seeking adventure and its off to find their destiny, getting to some wise council before being redirected into the heart of Mordor enemy territory where they can put an end to the threat once and for all.

For myself, if the scenario above be used, I'd like to play one of the villagers picked up, possibly a (college of swords/valor) bard or paladin (basically, a sort of knight-wannabe).

Any takers?
Discord ID: Heady Dionysus#8726

ThatFantasticBard

I'd definitely be interested in being a player for this game, unfortunately I don't really have the experience to GM though

Heady Dionysus

Thanks for the interest Fantastic :-)

As a player is fine - one less to look for if it gets underway!

RedPhoenix

There was a 5e game based on a party of traps awhile back, but the GM stopped posting. I played a barbarian, I'd play him if the rest of it called to me.
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

Heady Dionysus

Quote from: RedPhoenix on March 16, 2018, 09:42:19 AM
There was a 5e game based on a party of traps awhile back, but the GM stopped posting. I played a barbarian, I'd play him if the rest of it called to me.
Trappy barbarian?  I must say, I kind of piqued now!

Now if only we could get a GM for it, that would be rad ;D

RedPhoenix

Yeah he was from a clan of amazons, so he wore his hand me down scalemail bikini and kept himself all smooth and pretty since that's what his tribe's warriors did. It was fun for the short time it lasted. :)

TheLaughingOne

My Ons and Offs!

You! On our wavelength! Carry our message, its heavy! Made of rocks!! Apocolypso dancing! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! You'll want to cut your wrists with the whole knife, but you'll only need the edge!

Sorely tempted by this but I'm posting very slowly at the moment.

TheLaughingOne

My Ons and Offs!

You! On our wavelength! Carry our message, its heavy! Made of rocks!! Apocolypso dancing! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! You'll want to cut your wrists with the whole knife, but you'll only need the edge!

Heady Dionysus

Quote from: TheLaughingOne on March 18, 2018, 11:09:02 AM

What bout a cute Warlock boi..?
Well, definitely has the points in the cuteness department!

Quote from: Karma on March 18, 2018, 11:19:54 AM
Sorely tempted by this but I'm posting very slowly at the moment.
It would be great if you could make it, but no pressure Karma :-)

pdragon

I could potentially run a game like this. Unfortunately I don't really know 5e well enough to do so. If you'd be willing for a system shift I could run it in Dungeon World pretty easily though.
What a thrill...with silence and darkness through the night....

Request Thread

Heady Dionysus

I confess I'm not familiar with the system, and my present circumstances leave me little time to learn something new.

That said, I'm not against that, but I'll probably need a lot of hand holding before I get my bearings.

pdragon

I can definitely understand that. But it's a pretty simple system to learn, and the full rule set is free so it wouldn't be that difficult to guide a beginner through it if you wanted to go that route. If no one comes forward to GM it for 5e my offer is still there.
What a thrill...with silence and darkness through the night....

Request Thread

TheLaughingOne

Totally NSFW!

Now THERE is a proper trappy warlock following a very tentacly elder/outer god.
My Ons and Offs!

kingmaster1

I'd totally wanna be in this. I don't know what 5e is, so, I don't think I could GM it

ThatFantasticBard

I haven't seen Dionysus on in a while, but if we do get a GM, Id still be interested in going forward with this idea. Maybe he'll even show up again by the time everything gets settled.

nomadsoul

Looks totally interesting!  I'd love to sign up.

Roleplay Frog

*hops in, looks around*

Well, by the sound of it, you need some sorta DM that doesn't mind nicely played traps, is familiar and experienced with D&D, preferably 5.0 and had some sort of idea involving a slightly more romantic adventure fitted Sauron variation, you know, like, a plan to do some adventuring, some dark temptations, an overwhelming dark lord presence, to struggle against, genuinly...:

A powerful evil song

Some fitting artwork, like this
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
This
And some of this.

*prods nostril* Yeah I might know a frog that planned a roleplay based on such a thing once, but you'd have to appease that frog with promising character concepts and dedication, they're a bit jaded after losing almost as many players as a female frog can lay eggs in a single birth which can be up to 20.000, over various rps.

RedPhoenix

Well here's the barbarian trap I had played before and would love to play again. Reading him over I'd probably tone down the smuttier parts of his background as those were unique for that setup, but I could push him in the direction of more legitimately Red Sonja or more courtier trying to be a warrior depending on what the campaign called for.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=267118.msg13175920#msg13175920

Or something totally different idk, just thought I'd feed the frog if I can. :D

I'm still interested, but I won't be able to get a sheet together right away. And I still don't know 5e. *laughs*

RedPhoenix

I can help with the mechanics. I love 5e and I think I know it pretty well. ^^

Roleplay Frog

FEED THE FROG!

And I dun mind smutty backrounds. *chuckles* I guess should nail down what kinda lewd-level and prefered encounters you hope for, anyway, even sharing the trap fetishes, interests might diverge a fair deal, after all.

5th edition is like 3.5/pathfinder after you get what advantage/disadvantage is, really. If you dun know D&D in general that might be a bit too extreme.

I'm fairly familiar with Pathfinder so if that's a good basis of knowledge, that will help a lot.

kingmaster1

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: Karma on May 18, 2018, 02:27:18 PM
I'm fairly familiar with Pathfinder so if that's a good basis of knowledge, that will help a lot.

Ayup, it's pathfinder. Advantage means you roll twice and take the better, guess what disadvantage is.
Proficiency bonus on things is just a static bonus that slowly improves as you level.

There's no traits or favored class bonuses, feats are severly limited, you pick archetypes on lvl 3, there's dex to damage on light weapons already and damage resistance only exists in flavor of 50 or 100% immunity.

It's basically streamlined and improved pathfinder, if a bit lacking exotic options.

Also before you guys start going wild making sheets, riddle me this:
-What level do you want to be, from inexperienced to very experienced, lvl 1 to lvl 10 starting.
-What kinda story to romance ratio are you hoping for.. per default all romance or all lewds is out for me.
-What kinda lewds are you hoping for, interest, creature, genderwise, etc.
-What kinda lewds do you not want at all, beyond overly rough, bloody, toilet content, not doing those myself.
-What size of a quest do you hope for, from taking a few months to taking a few years?
-What is your opinion on toads?

RedPhoenix

Oooh questions!

Quote from: Roleplay Frog on May 18, 2018, 02:34:05 PM
-What level do you want to be, from inexperienced to very experienced, lvl 1 to lvl 10 starting.
-What kinda story to romance ratio are you hoping for.. per default all romance or all lewds is out for me.
-What kinda lewds do you not want at all, beyond overly rough, bloody, toilet content, not doing those myself.
-What size of a quest do you hope for, from taking a few months to taking a few years?

- Honestly I enjoy low level games, but because I've joined so many low level games that died there and would just like to know what it feels like to be mid-level I'm going to say level 5. Also this will let me make more of a trappy legit Red Sonja type.
- I wouldn't complain about half and half. I'd like to avoid going too far in either direction since if we never get Elliquiyish the setup seems a bit wasted.
- Ummm. Genderwise irrelevant. Creatures are fun. I'd like if my character was the subject of interest!
- Nothing you haven't already ruled out, I have a hard time playing dom type characters for reference.
- I wouldn't mind a truly epic quest that somehow requires traps that we can do a lot of little stops along the way and gives us a reason to keep trucking on together.
- They are the WORST. >.>

wander

Keeping an eye on this, if you want another player to join in, 5th edition + trap goodness sounds pretty darn fun. :)

Roleplay Frog

I intend to make it hard, but for story purposes, not impossible to die.

ERr.. I mean.

I think the roleplay frog will make dying hard, IF you manage to attract his esteemed interest proper!

Sain

Ah another one of these. Alas probably no time to join this time around :( I will keep my binoculars trained this way for spectating though.
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

TheLaughingOne

Id kinda like to do level 3 or so? though if we got people completely new, 1 might be good as its the training wheels which lets you gt a good feel for how the system works, and no big loss if you wanna start something new..

Im for a bit, not an overwhelming amount, but enough for some fun, or least the occasional option such as stop in town for Mischief to happen for players:3

I am open to things. Things can be good and fun!
Rapes a big No for me, NC is kinda up there, though Dub con in right conditions can almost work...

Im good for a short month long one, up to "until it ends!"

Im.... neutral on toads. Though i do present these frog based tributes!!

https://i.imgur.com/5zLTyXR.mp4 FROG MONK!!! (stupid imgur converting gifs to mp4s...)
My Ons and Offs!

Roleplay Frog

What's 'the right circumstances' ? ^^

TheLaughingOne

not sure what the circumstances would be...

But conditions could include drugging, hypnosis, mind control, effective use of charm spell.. All depends on the situation!

long as there is some dubiousness (especially to the character) on it happening, i tend to be fine.. but when it goes NC/Rape.. I'll just tap out and let scene fade to black if thats ok!
My Ons and Offs!

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: TheLaughingOne on May 18, 2018, 03:39:00 PM
not sure what the circumstances would be...

But conditions could include drugging, hypnosis, mind control, effective use of charm spell.. All depends on the situation!

long as there is some dubiousness (especially to the character) on it happening, i tend to be fine.. but when it goes NC/Rape.. I'll just tap out and let scene fade to black if thats ok!

Hey I can do all four of those things. :P

If you like it, put a ring on it. :p

TheLaughingOne

Not sure what you mean by that context of the conversation...

And wouldnt go as far as likes on those? Tend to be very situational tastes that depend on the scene in question and my mood at the time. Like said, if its something thst twigs me wrong, ill just excuse myaelf from scene and fade to black if i have an issue, im mot here to restrict other peoples fun, i aint the fun PoPo!
My Ons and Offs!

ThatFantasticBard

Oh shoot, this is making a comeback? And it's possibly being run by the Frog himself?? ?? I'm definitely interested in joining again! :D

I'd prefer anywhere from 1-3. I enjoy starting my character off at lower levels, though that's probably 'cause I've never made it through a game properly.

A good amount, I guess? As long as it doesn't hurt the actual story, I'm fine with as much as your willing to put out.

Pretty much everything not listed in the non-lewds.

All that stuff plus vore

I'm with TLO on this one.

I'd definitely give one a smooch.

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: ThatFantasticBard on May 18, 2018, 05:28:41 PM
Oh shoot, this is making a comeback? And it's possibly being run by the Frog himself?? ?? I'm definitely interested in joining again! :D

The one and only frog.

Currently peering at how interest goes and trying to see what people want, not comitting to anything yet.

kingmaster1

- I'd go with level 2 or 3 as well, personally.

- Personally is like maybe 70-30 lewd to romance.

- I'm looking for all kinds of lewds! I like gangbangs, big monsters peoples, someone sitting on my characters face, all that stuff ^^

- I'm pretty much right with that list of no goes, yeah. No toilet stuff, heavy violence, or that stuff.

- I'd love one that's casual or long running, I'm super open there ^^

- Toads is goods

Roleplay Frog

So far looks like lvl 2, with perhaps a halfway to lvl 3 early lvl up thing going on. *nods*

Spirits seem divided on the duration though, the premise by itself is a bit of a medium length at least, but I hear more of a short duration campaign interest. Hrmnn..

I'll try to get my input up before I go to bed. :)

Lower level is easier for a noob like me!
I like an even split.
I generally prefer humanoid.
No limits. I'll go all the way.
Maybe a shorter quest to start, longer quest for those that stick around?
Warty and oddly cute.

Kathyan

I miss Heady, uh, and I miss Argent too, but I like Froggy and other familiar faces here too.

If you don't mind other gender around I was playing a tomboyish flat chested girl in another party of traps. She was to be usually mistaken as a boy and envious of the boys for being sexier than her. :P

I'd prefer at least 3 level so every class can further be customized with each path, plus since it is common for games here to crash not too long after they start I prefer not to start 1st level. And 5e is really to get into so there should be no problems for any noob.

A good balance is always but if you want things to lean more towards lewds I won't be one to complain. ^^

Any kind of creature, gender works fine with me, with the exception of nonsentient animals, but the stranger the better. :P

I already said it above but nonsentient animals (should include nonsentient humanoids in there as well), actual pregnancy and incest.

I'm good with as long as it lasts.

not have any gifs at this moment but same as wolves
Smarty frogs are sexy, wild frogs ar bad.
You know you are sexy but that goes for in game as well. ^^

nomadsoul

Yay!  Glad to see this thread woke up :-)

Have a few images I'm trying to decide on:

Quote from: Roleplay Frog on May 18, 2018, 02:34:05 PM
> I figure anything between 1 - 4 works for me.

> I don't know about the ratio, but for me, as long as the lewds doesn't overshadow the story is generally what I'd prefer.  Romance can come at any time.

> I can work with any gender, though in this regard, I'm a little more biased towards M/M (but only marginally).  The odd 'creature-feature' works for me, but not too much.

> Pretty much anything noted in my Offs.  Whilst I can work with non-con, for this sort of game, I'd rather most things be consensual for my character.

> As long as we can make things last, I say!  But the longer the better.

> I like them!  I used to keep a few when I was younger, but then my sister and mother found them and freaked out, and so I had to set them back in the wild (and I had grown them from tadpoles :-()

Roleplay Frog

Well, we certainly got enough interest (and cute picturs, peeking up^^) going on. I'll re-review in detail what I see here (feel free to still pile it on until sundays 'n stuff!)

And then hammer out a proper character creation guideline (I guess we don't need much in lines of a backstory with the premise of freshly gathering adventurers, but perhaps one wants to play something fancy.)
Open to last minute questions/suggestions about the settings shapening up.

I think lvl 2 with an easy to reach lvl 3 soon will serve both veterans and newcomers the best for now. There'll be a heavy lewdness aspect, but the story will keep marching on.

Slightly concerned with peopls approval of those traitorous toads though. <.<

TheLaughingOne

Question...

On stats, gonna do rolls, or arrays...?
My Ons and Offs!

kingmaster1

Quote from: TheLaughingOne on May 19, 2018, 08:27:40 PM
Question...

On stats, gonna do rolls, or arrays...?

Everything is decided by trap twerk offs, as the scroll decrees!

Roleplay Frog

It's funny.
What I imagine when I go 'any further particular questions/suggestions about the setting':

'I'd love to see some buff orc-futa's personally, whats everyone else think?'

What I get:

'generic questions about the character sheet I said I'd make' <.<

RedPhoenix

Ok then how about "what is the setting?" :D

ThatFantasticBard

Quote from: Roleplay Frog on May 19, 2018, 08:41:21 PM
It's funny.
What I imagine when I go 'any further particular questions/suggestions about the setting':

'I'd love to see some buff orc-futa's personally, whats everyone else think?'

What I get:

'generic questions about the character sheet I said I'd make' <.<

I mean, since you're bringing it up, some buff orc futas would be great.

kingmaster1

How slutty will all the armor be? Personally I'd vote for "super slutty"

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: kingmaster1 on May 19, 2018, 08:58:44 PM
How slutty will all the armor be? Personally I'd vote for "super slutty"
not sure yet, will look at what the characters do and what pictures I can find. I do need a proper lore-reason for lewds after all, beyond.. hmnn.. that could work..

*chuckles*

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: RedPhoenix on May 19, 2018, 08:46:56 PM
Ok then how about "what is the setting?" :D

High fantasy with touches of dark fantasy and erotica. I'll roll with the basic idea presented and have the forces of good in the minority, but less of a 'conquer and destroy' More of a 'conquer and rule' approach.

I'd see a scenario where you can't just hunt down all the monsters and win, you'll have to avoid, pick your battles and avoid temptations. I'll roll this over in my head.

I have a tendency to play multiple characters in my groups, and I was wondering if there was any room for me to perhaps play opposite the traps as "NPCs" or some such.

TheLaughingOne

Sorry:p have a prefere ce towards rolling and array has actually gotten me to drop interest in games...

As for setting questions.. what sort of characters would you say fit best with what your planning? Aside from being traps;3
My Ons and Offs!

Chulanowa

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: Karma on May 19, 2018, 09:43:39 PM
I have a tendency to play multiple characters in my groups, and I was wondering if there was any room for me to perhaps play opposite the traps as "NPCs" or some such.

Can do.

QuoteSorry:p have a prefere ce towards rolling and array has actually gotten me to drop interest in games...

Slightly prefer rolling myself, can certainly do that if theres no opposition.

QuoteStill space in this?
Certainly. I've yet to write up the character sheetstuff, prolly if I have time in the evening.

Quotewhat sort of characters would you say fit best with what your planning? Aside from being traps;3

I dunno. Interesting characters? :P
Young heroic types, propably prefered subs with perhaps a partial touch of naivity when it comes to ebil hunting them, propably gonna disallow the evil alignments without very good reason to have them.

TheLaughingOne

*Has a distracted moment of the Ebil hunting them being tall muscular futa wanting to expand her menagerie/harem of cute fuck bois...*

Eerr... pardon the drool....
My Ons and Offs!

RedPhoenix

Rolling in 5e can lead to pretty huge power differences between the characters. If you want the PCs on similar power levels point buy or standard array are far better.

TheLaughingOne

Hehe, and also imagining a trap barbarian whos rages are more like little hissy fits.. just with greater potential of violence.
My Ons and Offs!

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: RedPhoenix on May 20, 2018, 07:26:54 AM
Rolling in 5e can lead to pretty huge power differences between the characters. If you want the PCs on similar power levels point buy or standard array are far better.

Hmnn, actually thinking about it I did never roll in 5e, good point. Must have mixed it with pathfinder. I'll have to look into that before things get kickin'

QuoteHehe, and also imagining a trap barbarian whos rages are more like little hissy fits.. just with greater potential of violence.

*chuckles* See now I'm curious on that.
#Darklordfuckbois

Roleplay Frog

-> Alright my froglings, I think I got things planned out through. I usually use the very first post of such things to post-editstuff like an interest check, charsheets and so on, can't do that here, so I'll be posting someting in the group requests, here:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=288043.msg14155562#msg14155562

Do move over there please, feel free to discuss whatever I inevitably forgot in the char-creation thingie over there as well.