What are you playing? [SPOILER TAGS PLEASE]

Started by Sabby, May 31, 2009, 12:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wyrd

Quote from: Inkidu on June 14, 2011, 05:20:55 PM
What a wasteland of gaming... again. Duke is a universally accepted flop by most critics and even individual players, Deus Ex: Human Revolution isn't until August. Skryim is entirely too far away. What happened to that awesome gaming summer of a few years ago? Where's that?

Me and my GF were actually just talking about how sad this summer looks for gaming.  :'(  I'm so bored I've even gone back to play Oblivion in an attempt to hold off my thirst for Skyrim before I become consumed!!
Ragtime Dandies!

Wolfy

Quote from: Wyrd on June 14, 2011, 05:28:00 PM
Me and my GF were actually just talking about how sad this summer looks for gaming.  :'(  I'm so bored I've even gone back to play Oblivion in an attempt to hold off my thirst for Skyrim before I become consumed!!

Ya know, I've never played Oblivion...it's funny, I have it on my steam account, I've just never played it. :/

Wyrd

Ragtime Dandies!

Inkidu

Quote from: Wolfy on June 14, 2011, 05:22:59 PM
I dunno what your talking about, Inki. I'll have OoT and other games to keep me busy..like Catherine, which comes out next month. ;D Same team that made the Persona Games.
If I wanted to play OoT I could pull out and hook up my N64. I'm not wasting $250 bucks on a DS that might not work. I have like 20/200 vision correctable to about 20/30, it's binocular in nature and there's whatever the trembling of the eye is...

I've never had 3D work, I can't make it work, and this ain't ten bucks to see some movie. So I'd basically have an expensive DS. Plus, you know inevitably they're going to have the 3DS Lite, right?

Also, Majora's Mask is a much, much better game than OoT.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Oniya

Quote from: Wyrd on June 14, 2011, 04:00:27 PM
How much is it?

I haven't actually looked yet.  Our entertainment budget isn't very high, so I've been molesting the hell out of the free game sites.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Wyrd

Quote from: Oniya on June 14, 2011, 05:44:59 PM
I haven't actually looked yet.  Our entertainment budget isn't very high, so I've been molesting the hell out of the free game sites.

lol! You should get an emulator for your comp if you don't want to spend any money. Then you can play all the NES, super Nintendo and N64 games you want.
Ragtime Dandies!

Hemingway

I'm so lucky. I'm going away early in July, won't be back until mid-August. With limited computer access in the mean time. I might get FEAR 3 before leaving, but probably not. Then I'll be back just in time to finish moving and get Deus Ex. Win.

Inkidu

Quote from: Wyrd on June 14, 2011, 05:33:55 PM
Steam account?
Steam is a virtual game store run by Valve founder Gabe N., it allows for the purchase of virtual copies, DLC, and the downloading of Demos. It kind of only hosts 3rd-party stuff mostly. They guarantee that your stuff stays with your account and you can download it to any PC (if you get a new one, lets say), however, I'm sure there's some screw over in some fine print somewhere. Because, there is always some screw over in some fine print somewhere.

If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Wolfy

Quote from: Wyrd on June 14, 2011, 05:33:55 PM
Steam account?

Yes, on the PC. :/ I have it on my hard drive, but it's connected to Steam too.

Oniya

Quote from: Wyrd on June 14, 2011, 05:47:14 PM
lol! You should get an emulator for your comp if you don't want to spend any money. Then you can play all the NES, super Nintendo and N64 games you want.

Between Armorgames and Miniclip (for my daily doses of Mahjonng and Sudoku), I'm pretty well set.  There's new stuff that comes in on a fairly continuous basis, so if I get bored, it's usually just a matter of waiting a couple days.  I've also still got a bunch of PS2 games that I haven't worked through yet/might play again.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Wyrd

Quote from: Inkidu on June 14, 2011, 05:51:07 PM
Steam is a virtual game store run by Valve founder Gabe N., it allows for the purchase of virtual copies, DLC, and the downloading of Demos. It kind of only hosts 3rd-party stuff mostly. They guarantee that your stuff stays with your account and you can download it to any PC (if you get a new one, lets say), however, I'm sure there's some screw over in some fine print somewhere. Because, there is always some screw over in some fine print somewhere.

Ah. Okay, thanks. I've heard of steam before but not what it was
Ragtime Dandies!

Wolfy

Yeppers. I love steam. It's so awesome. ^-^

Inkidu

Quote from: Wolfy on June 14, 2011, 06:03:57 PM
Yeppers. I love steam. It's so awesome. ^-^
I admit, I like the idea, and if I had high-speed internet I'd probably use it, but I'd probably never use it to buy anything big budget. Maybe an old game I'm feeling nostalgic for. I'm not going to sink money into say, Skyrim, only to find out that when my computer dies from its sheer awesomeness that I have to buy another copy.

Wyrd

Yeah... I'll stick with my Xbox and Ps3. :/
Ragtime Dandies!

Inkidu

Well. I suppose if I was feeling like a masochist or if I just hate myself enough subconsciously I could go play Fallout. Inkidu's number of total Fallout restarts due to being total screwed (and a refusal to meta-game): 5.

That's a lot.

Wolfy

Quote from: Inkidu on June 14, 2011, 06:08:08 PM
I admit, I like the idea, and if I had high-speed internet I'd probably use it, but I'd probably never use it to buy anything big budget. Maybe an old game I'm feeling nostalgic for. I'm not going to sink money into say, Skyrim, only to find out that when my computer dies from its sheer awesomeness that I have to buy another copy.

Buuut...

that's just it, you don't have to buy another copy. Just a new computer, or get yours fixed.

Once you buy a game, it's yours to download anytime you want to any computer, as long as you are using your profile.

Seriously, there's no loop hole there at all, I've checked.

Inkidu

Quote from: Wolfy on June 14, 2011, 07:01:15 PM
Buuut...

that's just it, you don't have to buy another copy. Just a new computer, or get yours fixed.

Once you buy a game, it's yours to download anytime you want to any computer, as long as you are using your profile.

Seriously, there's no loop hole there at all, I've checked.
It's moot, because A.) I don't have the internet support. B.) If they get a bug in their system all I'll have is a self-printed receipt most likely. I like hard tangible copies.

And who knows maybe it conflicts with the T.O.S. of some software. I know I can't put another copy of Civ 5 that I own (well technically leased) on my laptop so I can play anywhere even though I bought it and could use the same Steam account.

This is one of the many reasons I dislike PCs.

Hemingway

I just finished the Witcher 2. It took me long enough. I just hope they hurry up and make the next one ( or some sweet DLC ) sooner rather than later. Because here is a game that understands how to make a proper ending: the conflict from the start of the game is ( I suppose depending on your choices ) resolved, and the larger conflict is about to explode.

Sabby

Well, the barriers have been broken. I have always been an Xbox gamer. Not because I'm a fanboy, but because I'm poor :P that just changed. My benefits just handed me a grand a little, and its going to a PS3 and a brand new custom made PC. The soecs flew over my head, but my brother translated. Crysis. On high. Easily.

I now have all the systems I give a shit about ^^

Wyrd

Ragtime Dandies!

Tonalberry

Taking a break from DA2, now I'm playing DA: Origins, the Ultimate Edition I got off Steam.  Technically, I'm going through Leliana's Song.

Wolfy

Wyrd

Or a fucking apple Ipad... :P Yeah, I'll take the Ipad.
Ragtime Dandies!

Inkidu

Yeah, I find myself gaining more and more apathy towards Nintendo, which is sad. Because from 1993 to 2005 it was like all I ever played, I've owned every Nintendo console and until the 3Ds (excluding the Virtual Boy for reasons obvious) I had every console.

Now, they're playing catch-up to the current generations because they realized that casual and a few hardcore fan-pander titles don't carry a console. Sad. :(

Well that's life. Right now I'm trying to decide which game I can 100% next, because I'm that bored. Rubbish, this summer is rubbish. It's so bad I don't even want to use a word in my own dialect to describe it so I'm using British English.

Hardcore mode in New Vegas gets a redo in my opinion. It's absolutely tedious and horrible when you're trying to get the achievement because you know you have to beat the game, but dicking around in hardcore mode is infinitely more fun.

Wyrd

*Walks in covered in hot shit*  Do NOT play Duke Nukem Forever.
Ragtime Dandies!