Looking for games epic in scope

Started by Inkidu, December 15, 2013, 03:09:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Null

Maybe some of the tomb raider series? I grew up with them as a kid and they are extremely fun to play and immersive
I was younger then, I wasn't afraid of anything, I didn't think about dying for a second. I thought I was invincible. Then I met her. Before me, my world shattered. I wanted to live, I started to think like that; for the first time I was afraid of death. I had never felt like that before.

Inkidu

Quote from: Null on December 16, 2013, 04:20:13 PM
Maybe some of the tomb raider series? I grew up with them as a kid and they are extremely fun to play and immersive
I've played a couple but I wouldn't consider them epic. They're usually tightly focused action-movie like. The ones I played at least.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Null

I was younger then, I wasn't afraid of anything, I didn't think about dying for a second. I thought I was invincible. Then I met her. Before me, my world shattered. I wanted to live, I started to think like that; for the first time I was afraid of death. I had never felt like that before.

Inkidu

If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Lux12

Inkidu

Quote from: Lux12 on December 16, 2013, 04:33:21 PM
Ever play RAGE or Diablo III?
Played RAGE, don't play Blizzard games out of principle.

Inkidu

SinXAzgard21

From the looks of it i think you're out of luck.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Aiden

Final Fantasy Tactics , The Original One

Sabby

LeSane

Dark souls. That's all I have to say that game will make you rage then have you playing again. The learning curb is sorta steep though and there is no such thing difficulty settings. With constant threat of online players invading your world.
'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Scarification on December 17, 2013, 12:45:54 AM
Dark souls. That's all I have to say that game will make you rage then have you playing again. The learning curb is sorta steep though and there is no such thing difficulty settings. With constant threat of online players invading your world.

Maps never change, know enemies position to win.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Inkidu

Isn't Final Fantasy Tactics a PS1 game? Trying to figure how I'd get a hold of it.

Sabby: Played it. Lost me about the third disk.

Dark Souls: Just no.

Sasquatch421

There is also Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions on the PSP... I haven't played it yet so I'm not sure how similar it is to the PS1 FFT... If you do have a PSP there is always Star Ocean The First Departure as well.

Other ones I can think of? Divinity 2: The Dragon Knight Saga, if you get the version with the DLC on it as well it comes with the patches. Hmmm or there is Dragon's Dogma, Magna Carta 2 or Tales of Vespia perhaps? The Witcher 2: Assassin's of Kings is pretty good as well. If you just plain want to have some fun you really can't go wrong with the Ghostbusters. I think almost everyone came back to voice their characters, even the Vigo painting has lines.

Inkidu

Okay, should have done this from the getgo, again my bad.

I've got a laptop not that great for gaming anything past 2007.

I've got a DS lite

and an Xbox 360

Sasquatch421

That does narrow somethings down... I found a DS game called Theresia and it was really good. No enemies you just wake up and need to escape a trap filled place while getting your memories back. It was actually quite good, I just need a DS of my own to play it again. I never got around to playing Sonic Rush Adventure, but my ex's daughter was hooked on it...

The others in my last post were on the 360 and with the One out, some are becoming easier to find... I can't think of much that could be played on your laptop though. I'd say Icewind Dale 2, but I think that took up quite a bit of space.

Galanthor

How about Spellforce, maps that take hours and dozens of them

Null

Any of the pokemons? Those you can play over and over again. * sighs * Diamond will never get old for me.

Inkidu

Quote from: Galanthor on December 17, 2013, 04:44:54 PM
How about Spellforce, maps that take hours and dozens of them
An RTS whose maps take hours to clear? I don't know... Nothing says frustration like one missed objective thirty minutes in. :P

Galanthor

Quote from: Inkidu on December 17, 2013, 05:19:35 PM
An RTS whose maps take hours to clear? I don't know... Nothing says frustration like one missed objective thirty minutes in. :P
Oh. It's hella frustrating. On the other hand it should keep you occupied for quite a while.

Shjade

Quote from: Inkidu on December 17, 2013, 11:08:05 AM
Okay, should have done this from the getgo, again my bad.

I've got a laptop not that great for gaming anything past 2007.

In that case, how about Marathon? Trilogy of FPS games from Bungie in which you, with the help of various AI in varying stages of rampancy (long story) save the human race from extinction. Also the universe, but really, who cares about the universe if we're not in it, amirite.

It's also free.

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on December 17, 2013, 03:06:52 AM
Maps never change, know enemies position to win.

You can change that.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Lux12

What about any of the Assassins Creed games?

Inkidu

Quote from: Lux12 on December 17, 2013, 06:53:34 PM
What about any of the Assassins Creed games?
Played all the major releases.

Null