Wing Commander

Started by BlackStone, May 04, 2017, 01:20:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackStone

I am putting this out there to see if there is any interest.  As far a ideas here are some I have come up with.  Mind you two of the idea come from books set in the Wing Commander franchise (and I am not talking about the god awful movie they made), Action Stations and End Run.  The last idea comes after the game in the franchise.  So lets see if this idea peaks people's fancy.

Plot Ideas
1) Early war several months from the battle McAuliffe.  I am easy as to what ship they served on.  This time period has rich rp opportunities as the Kilrathi probed hard along the borders but where always repelled back by fleet always outnumbered.

2) Post End Run serving on board one of the many newly commissioned CVE's like the TCS Tarawa.  Again I am open to the ship name.  For this scenario I figured they would be working behind enemy lines hitting the support infrastructure such as their shipping and support bases, and then in a dogged chance by one of the Kilrathi strike carriers, playing a game of chess to outwit one another to go for the throat.

3) Wing Commander Prophecy setting, serving on the latest heavy fleet carrier, CVX-12, the TCS Victory.  The Nelphim have managed to open another gate and in force.  This time command want to press through with a fleet to get more intel on where and how the Nelphim are pushing through, and if possible find out if Commodore Christopher Blair is alive.

BlackStone

Giving this a bump as this is a space drama I would love to write out and refine with someone.  Again I am fairly flexible on the plot hooks and points if any needed to be added or expanded.  Looking forward to hearing from you.

BlackStone

BlackStone

Bumping this idea again.  Once more we really do not need to stick to cannon and let events play out as they may.  I will admit my muse being tickled after watching Star Trek Voyager as it was how the Kilrathi managed to hold their Empire together, but uniting warring and fractious houses against a common enemy.  They merely encountered an enemy with teeth who could fight back and have the war last longer than in their history.

For this I would like for the Confederation be pressed for Carriers and as such they have started to modify other ships of the like, like freighters and destroyers into pocket carriers.  I am always reminded of a design from another Chris Roberts game, Starlancer, with the first carrier the player was on, the Reliant, where they launched fighters through drop pods installed on the sides of the original freighter hull, six to a side.  The advantage, it could launch fighters fast, a whole squadron at once, but the down side was it could only carry light and medium fighters, and recovery was far longer than launching.  Something similar along those lines where the ship's really only weapon was its fighters, and everything depended upon the daring and skill of the pilots.