Tokyo Ghoul Re: Quinxies +Accepting Still+

Started by LeSane, July 26, 2015, 05:38:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeSane

Tokyo Ghoul Re: OOC
Tokyo Ghoul Re: Character Sheets
Tokyo Ghoul Re: In Character

General Info
Japan’s CCG have come up with a way to effectively battle ghouls….  The Quinx Squad or Qs Squad a small group consisting of humans implanted with the very weapons used to battle the enemy. A Kagune. They are mistaken as half-ghouls or ghouls by the very people they swear to protect. The group is initially formed under the supremacy of the CCG and Mado Squad. The members are regarded as human research subjects. The squad is currently being supervised by privileged Investigators; BlackBurn and Lance. The squad’s crucial motive is to eradicate the antagonistic ghouls of Tokyo that threaten the existence of humanity, such as the slowly rising number of Kakuja within the wards and the remnants of the One-Eyed King of Aogiri Tree. The tasks assigned to Quinx are often monitored and overseen by an unknown leader. They all currently reside in a house called The Chateau, located in the 1st Ward. Though the squad has proficiently skilled investigators, the Quinx members often face prejudice and discrimination from higher-class investigators, such as Team ArcAngel, who accuse them of being incompetent and sloppy at doing their work. The Squad will face many hardships of both their work environment and attempting to keep a regular social life with human society.

In-depth
The Quinx have been assigned to investigate a new group that has been emerging in the 11th ward which has been surprisingly quite for infamous Clown group splintered off more then a decade ago. Now there seems to be a disturbing increase of people being attacked. The only clue that the CCG have is the name which has been spread around the other wards. The Jackels. With little information they've given the task of the Quinx to locate their present location, and if possible eliminate any leaders when found. However, the groups leader has been under heavy scrutiny since the last mission where his last four were killed in action by a SSS ranked Kakuja despite it being a success. With five newer task members to fill the slack it seems almost impossible to accomplish. The new group must learn to understand how to come to terms with their new found Ghoulhood. All the while maintaining to be partners with others. People will clash, respect gained & lost, friendships tested, and lives will be lost.

What am I looking for?

• A total of six players; including myself of course who have a general knowledge of Tokyo Ghoul.
  • Have the ability to write a couple of paragraphs weekly while maintaining quality.
  • All genders and mindset are welcome, but must still be diverse.
  • Players who can help bring content to the story (e.g. Villains, extra characters, etc.)

Q&A time for those interested

What is a Kagune?
A Kagune (赫子, shining child) is a ghoul's predatory organ and functions as their weapon and claws. It is usually as red as blood (the colours are varies though to distinguish the kagune of each individual); and flexible like the flow of water, but firm and sturdy. When released, a ghoul's physique is strengthened, they are more resilient and their mobility heightens. A kagune is composed of special cells. They are called RC cells which can be released from a kakuhou piercing the skin, and the released to form the kagune. A kagune can be repeatedly hardened and softened at will by the ghoul. Although a ghoul's healing ability is high, the healing of wounds tends to be delayed if the wounds are inflicted by a kagune. It is also evident that in order to counter a kagune in battle, one must also have a kagune, if not, at least something in relation to a kagune. Hence, Ghoul Investigators use kagune-based quinque as a tactical means to battle against ghouls. Also it seems that the kagune are voluntary muscles as ghouls can control them whenever they want.

Are there certain type of Kagune?
Yes there are four specific types which ghouls use which are Ukaku, Koukaku, Rinkaku, and Bikaku The kagune's appearance and the place of emergence on the body depend on the Rc type of the Ghoul. Each one have their own strengths and weaknesses when used against one another. Each one unique to it's type. These are exploited by CCG in the creation of the Quinque and Q bullets. It is also possible for a child to inherit separate kagunes from each parent to express distinctive hybrid traits though it is quite rare.

Ukaku

An Ukaku kagune (Japanese 羽赫, romanization ukaku, English approximately shining feather) is spread out like feathers and is released from the shoulder area, it specializes in high speed attacks, most of the users seeming to have hugely enhanced speed. The kagune is lightweight and can be used to deliver high-speed attacks against an adversary, the primary method of attack is crystallising their kagune to deliver a high speed torrent of spike like projectiles, however whilst crystallised they are much stiffer and can't be used for short range combat.

While the kagune is suited both for short-distance and long-distance attacks, although short-range is considered their weakness. They are able to use their kagune as a shield and some users are shown to be able to shape them into sharp blades, reminiscent of a Koukaku, to aid in close quarters. Altogether, ukaku-type ghouls have a high chance to end the battle after a short time. However, releasing the Rc cells extremely decreases stamina. Thus, ukaku-type users lack endurance and are at a disadvantage if the battle drags on for a long time. Ukaku kagune can use their speed and mobility to shoot down a Bikaku-type user. However, a koukaku-type user can surprise an ukaku-type user by successfully guarding against the ukaku-type user's attacks, leaving the Ukaku vulnerable to counterattacks and exhausting the ukaku-type user in the long run.

Koukaku

A Koukaku kagune (Japanese 甲赫, romanization kōkaku, English approximately shining shell) is released below the shoulder blade. This is achieved by a high density of Rc cells. It is heavy and extremely robust. Of all the kagunes, they have the greatest sturdiness and are especially suited for defense. Normally, they are generally shaped into armors or shields, but on the offense they can be shaped like melee weapons such as drills, hammers, blades, and swords. Due to its high weight, a koukaku's speed is inferior to all other kagunes and the kagune is hard to wield. A koukaku can fend off an ukaku onslaught using its guarding capabilities. However, a rinkaku kagune can deliver severe strikes against the slow koukaku, breaking their kagune and breaching their defenses.

Rinkaku

A Rinkaku kagune (Japanese 鱗赫, romanization rinkaku, English approximately shining scales) has an appearance similar to scaled tentacles and is released at the back around the waist. A rinkaku wielder has powerful regenerative abilities that some of them could even survive the most critical damage done to them. A rinkaku, has abnormal regenerative abilities which is special because of its abnormal regenerating factor even among the RC types. Its peculiar appearance and structure yield a superior striking power. A rinkaku excels in brute strength. This type's regenerative power is a result of the Rc cells easily binding together. Their Rc cells are more similar to liquids. However, this means that the binding force among the Rc cells must be weak, therefore making the kagune very easy to break. But because their Rc cells bind so easily, some rinkaku can bind their multiple tentacle-like kagune together to make a larger, stronger kagune. A rinkaku kagune can deliver severe strikes against the slow koukaku, penetrating the kagune and breaching the koukaku's defenses. However, a rinkaku has serious problems fighting against the balanced bikaku kagune: A bikaku has comprehensively high power, allowing them to fight against the brute-force rinkaku, and the rinkaku kagune's softness makes it comparatively easy for the bikaku to cut the kagune off. This disarms a rinkaku no matter how much strength it may possess, leaving the rinkaku at a disadvantage on the defensive. It has been shown that in some cases, a Bikaku's attack can disable a Rinkaku's regeneration.

Bikaku

A Bikaku kagune (Japanese 尾赫, romanization bikaku, English approximately shining tail) typically has a tail-like appearance and is released around the tail-bone/coccyx. It is good for medium-distance attacks and has decent offense, defense and speed. Thus, they have no notable strengths or weaknesses like the kagune based on other Rc types, meaning the kagune itself is treated as a surprise "trump card." A bikaku has better speed and durability against the brute-force, breakable rinkaku, allowing them to cut off the rinkaku's kagune. However, a bikaku will be overwhelmed by the faster ukaku user and will lose against the ukaku's long-range attacks. The balanced characteristics makes the kagune a preferred quinque type for investigators.

[float=right][img height=600]INSERT IMAGE[/img][/float]
[u][b]Basic Information[/b][/u]
[b]Name:[/b]  [b]Codename[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Orientation:[/b]

[u][b]CCQ Information[/b][/u]
[b]Rank:[/b] Special Investigator (Do not change)
[b]Kagune[/b]: (Select one type)
[b]Color:[/b] (For Kagune)

[u][b]Personal Information[/b][/u]
[b]Birthday:[/b]
[b]Hometown:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Background:[/b]
[b]Sexual On's[/b]
[b]Sexual Off's[/b]
[b]Relationships:[/b] (This will be important when characters develop and start to know each other.)
'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'

wander

Placing interest here... If you're cool with a newb, I've been meaning to get into this though haven't yet. Still, I'll be thinking on a character in the meantime. :)

LeSane

Quote from: wander on July 26, 2015, 06:21:52 PM
Placing interest here... If you're cool with a newb, I've been meaning to get into this though haven't yet. Still, I'll be thinking on a character in the meantime. :)

Im quite alright with it Wander. If you have any questions about anything please don't hesitate.
When I made this I didn't expect people to know about Tokyo Ghoul Re since its only a manga at the moment.
'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'

LeSane

Added a bit of visual aid for those who need it for the Kagune.

xPeachyPuff

I'm also going to express interest (: I'll have a think and another read over the first post and hopefully I'll be able to come up with something. The first season of Tokyo Ghoul was awesome and I'm going to try and catch up with the second season soon.

- Rainbow ♥

LeSane

I'll have an example of how the character sheet should work.
Also I'll have too fix a couple of things in since I noticed a couple of errors.

LeSane

Basic Information
Name: Soma Usani  Codename: White tailed beast
Height: 6'1"
Orientation: Straight

CCQ Information
Kagune: Bikaku
Color: Snow White

Personal Information
Birthday: October 15th
Hometown: Paris, France

Personality:
Soma is a very vivacious individual who can relate to many people, but recently he has been quite sullen since losing his teammates, friends due to the last mission when facing a splinter group of former Aogiri Tree. Though he is taking therapy as instructed from his superiors over the last couple of months. He has made some progress over the last three months as they recruited people from the CCG to undertake the necessary surgeries to become one-eyed ghouls. There are times that his personality will shine through, but its quite brief and sinks back down into a melancholy state.
When in combat he is very merciless toward the target when allowed to do as he pleases. The enemy can cry, plead, beg, and so on. They are his enemy and will be eliminated unless instructed to keep one alive. He has learned that mercy to a fallen opponent can cause future hardship down the line, and will not repeat the same mistake twice. There are points in time when Soma can lose his temper though its only when his comrades are hurt or in the face of danger. This causes him to make brash decisions which always cause him physical harm in some way, shape, or form.
As the leader of the Q's he has to keep a professional demeanor while working. It tends to get in the way of anything interesting in his life since his entire life literally revolves around the safety and well being of his subordinates. Due to this he has a motherly kinship to those underneath him, and will put trust into a person once they've proven themselves.

Background:
He was born to a female investigator who was having an affair with a senor co-worker. Due to this scandal his mother was transferred to a CCG command in Paris to handle the Rose family which were a family of wealthy ghouls were kidnapping citizens. When his mother found out she was pregnant with him she was already overseas, and kept it a secret to the father since it would ruin him further. Soma had a moderate life, but was resented by his step-father due to not being of his lineage. It was during his eleventh birthday when he was given Yukimura 1/3 by his mother. She told him that it was used by her boss when he was younger, and it would protect him from monsters. The young boy didn't understand what she meant until a year later his classmates started getting assaulted by a ghoul who claimed the area around his school as a hunting ground. Seven students were killed before it the ghoul was slain, and Soma ended up in critical condition. Out of grief his mother sent a message to his real father explain that their child would be safer in Japan where CCG was more dominant.

Broken hearted and confused the young lad was shipped off nearly overnight to met his father. They did not start off on a great foot as neither had known of the other period, yet The father saw that his son was very focused on learning about the threat of ghouls and wanted to stop them from hurting anyone else. With a few strings pulled he was enrolled into a special class meant for young men and women to become CCG investigators in training. He wasn't the best when it came to tests, but excelled in team work exercises and fighting through out the next five years. Life seemed alright to be running smoothly as he was becoming greatly adept in fighting even the more skilled investigators due to his ability to attack patterns and light footwork which got him to a normal ranker CCG at the age of seventeen.

His life took a slight spiral as news came that his mother died from an ambush from a Ghoul with a white serpent tail, and that she was eaten beyond recognition. The only way that they figured it was his mother was when Soma attempted to call and the cell phone was in her pocket. In a rage he swore to find the ghoul and make him suffer, and was given the chance three years later when people started to report sightings of a large white tailed monster was skulking the alleyways in Japan. For two weeks he single handedly stalked the streets until finding its hideout Yukimura 1/3 in hand. A comrade had taken notice to his strange behavior and followed him in secret until danger raised its ugly head.  The ghoul died by the hands of both Soma and his comrade causing them to be promoted to Special Investigators. Soma was given the chance to be a Quinx while the comrade was allowed to form his own squad called ArchAngels.
://ERROR...
[The rest of Soma's background has been exsponged from the records for legal reasons.]

Sexual On's
Dominant Women, Intelligence, Consensual, and Etc.
Rough Play, Leather, slight BDSM, Anal, Vaginal, Oral
Sexual Off's
Scat, Extreme Violence, Water Sports, Vore
Weak Women, Over Confidence, Pregnancy, Etc.

wander

I think I'm going to go with an Ukaku type myself, I'll do more reading up on the setting so when I make a background it'll fit in. :)

LeSane

Great to hear just take your time with how you want it to be. I did the entire error thing because how they become half-ghouls shouldn't be a thing the CCG would openly have on his file.

iridum248

I'd love to play in this, personally! Though I've always loved the Doves way, way more than the Ghouls...So I don't see our heroine being very sympathetic to the latter.

LeSane

Happy to have you aboard. Create your profile whenever you can. Funny thing is that last night I was going to message you a 1x1.

Izaya Orihara

Definitely seems interesting, and I've already watched all of the anime so far.

It seems I'm trying to decide out of several character appearances, at the moment. And just so you know, they're all male.  :P

Here
Well, if I had to give a reason for my actions, I guess it's because I love people. I guess I wanted to see the faces that mankind has to offer.

LeSane

Huh it would be interesting. In Tokyo Ghoul Re there is a girl who dresses like a male. When you said that I sorta almost laughed and I'm in a place where doing that will get me chewed put by my superior here at sick call.

Izaya Orihara

Yep. Real life dangers, eh?
As for traps already in Tokyo Ghoul, there's Suzuya Juuzou. Especially when he cross-dresses, as he apparently does at some point in the manga (though I haven't really read the manga, even if I have some ideas regarding stuff that hasn't happened yet in the anime). I only found that bit out when I was looking through Tokyo Ghoul pics on Zerochan, though. Mind you, Juuzou's technically not male, any more, due to his backstory.
Well, if I had to give a reason for my actions, I guess it's because I love people. I guess I wanted to see the faces that mankind has to offer.

iridum248

Quote from: LeSane on July 28, 2015, 08:28:20 AM
Happy to have you aboard. Create your profile whenever you can. Funny thing is that last night I was going to message you a 1x1.

Well, I'd certainly be interested in that, all the same! Wondering whether I should play as a male character for this one...Hmmm, still going to have to think about it. (From my experience, group games very rarely get to the naughty content anyway.)

LeSane

There will be. That was the reasoning begins the whole relationship section in the character sheet. It's meant to show wolhom each character has friended, become in a Sexual partnership, etc. For example if two character got into a fight you'd put it down what your person thinks of them.

wander

Quote from: Izaya Orihara on July 28, 2015, 08:32:08 AM
Definitely seems interesting, and I've already watched all of the anime so far.

It seems I'm trying to decide out of several character appearances, at the moment. And just so you know, they're all male.  :P

Here

I really like the second and final pics, Izaya. Depending on what you do for a character, mine may have a bit of a crush on yours. :)

EDIT: I have a character image and I'm going to be calling my character 'Ahiru', which means duck, after the animal-based codenames quite common in the series. Also as a Quinx, I'm debating my character actually eating human flesh as a side-thing, as a quirk, though he has no need to do such a thing.

Izaya Orihara

Well, I've narrowed it down to two character appearances. I've kept the second of the appearances in the bottom most spoiler below the app.
This is what I've got so far:

Basic Information
Name: Shion Ayanokōji Codename Sapphire Angel
Height: 5'6"
Orientation: Bi-curious, with a preference for women.

CCG Information
Kagune: Ukaku
Color: Light blue tinged with a rippling pattern of aquamarine and gold.

Personal Information
Birthday: 30th June
Hometown: Tokyo
Personality: Quiet and generally seeming apathetic, it can be difficult to tell whether he's simply good at hiding his emotions, or doesn't care. Nonetheless, he can often be seen smiling faintly, often for no obvious reason, and perhaps to the extent that Shion himself can no longer tell whether it is genuine or not. He has something of an inferiority complex, as well as a darkly twisted, nihilistic philosophical view of things, being somewhat aware of the common concept of morality, but regarding it as foolish, flawed and inapplicable to the real world. He lacks much in the way of social skills, and in some ways is naïve, of almost childlike ignorance in regards to society and people, yet at the same time pessimistic and jaded, ruthless to those that get in his way, yet also expecting others to grind him into the dirt, or attempt to do so. He can also be quite bloodthirsty and evidently psychotic at other times, usually in combat. He also happens to be quite masochistic.

Whilst often cold, he can at rare times be remarkably fearful and eager to obey others, should he be cornered or overpowered. On the occasion, an older self of his can appear, which seems friendly, cheerful, good-natured, and tends to acts very carefree, masking many of his real feelings with a smile. Shion is usually emotionally distant, refusing to allow anyone to become too close to him, though he may not always succeed, and tends to come off as shy rather than harsh, a demeanour supported by a lack of experience in anything approaching a healthy relationship.  He possesses a fractured and often contradictory psyche that can take bits and pieces of the way he once was in the past, and merge it unpredictably with the present, whilst also altering memories, or even erasing them, at particular points. He has a fondness for most music, as well as nature and sweets.

Background: Half-Dutch and half-Japanese, Shion was born in Tokyo, to a Japanese businessman, and a Dutch singer, author and model, who had come to live in Japan a few years earlier. Despite showing considerable intelligence, Shion was always in the shadow of his older sister, Miyū, with his appearance even then seeming remarkably feminine, and causing people to mistake him for his older sister, if they hadn't met her. She seemed to possess a genius level intellect, and quickly became skilled with whatever she happened to delve into, from the arts, to science, literature, and other areas. His father pinned the family's hopes on her, more or less ignoring Shion. Her paintings were sold for millions of yen, and she became a critically acclaimed young painter and author. It would not, however, be long, before she vanished on a school-trip abroad, in America. Suspected by many to have died, with the evidence leaning that way, things took a turn for the worse. 

His mother spent increasing amounts of time working, and staying elsewhere, whilst his father became depressed, mentally erratic, and often drunk, with his mother eventually divorcing him. Showing increasingly poor judgement, he became involved in the criminal underground, black market trade and dodgy dealings, as well as gambling in the more literal sense, using contacts abroad in an attempt to gain wealth from illicit trade of various things into Japan, including guns. Shion also became a target for abuse. At some point, his father was involved in a deal that resulted in being apprehended by the police. More and more of his past was revealed, and he committed suicide shortly after. His mother elsewhere, and unwilling to take custody of him, he was unknowingly given into the care of one of his father's associates, someone who claimed to be his aunt on his father's side, as his younger sister, going by the name Haruna Ayanokōji.  However, she had only happened to have met him a few times during meetings between her and his father.

Revealing her real name to be Fumika Nishimura, she would prove to be a Ghoul with criminal connections. After that, he was essentially kept at a remote house in the mountains of central Japan. It was better than nothing. He had food, drink and shelter, and clothes, ignoring that they were usually those worn by women. He was drugged, molested and violated by his "aunt" and her associates. Fumika feared he would one day cease to look like a girl, so Shion was often injected with estrogen. He was also indoctrinated, too. He would be taught how to deceive, and how to kill, becoming an assassin of sorts, who would manipulate and kill those who were seen as obstacles to the one who owned him. He would work his way into their trust, or at least a situation in which he could kill them and escape.

Shion would come to target numerous individuals, officials, reporters, and those who aided CCG in their efforts to track down and bring attention to Ghouls, as well as those who would finance CCG. If he didn't perform adequately enough, or even failed, then he would be locked up, imprisoned and tortured. At some point along the way, he eventually came to crave such attentions, even if he tried to deny it, whilst part of his mind simultaneously feared, and sought to avoid pain. Such things would, thus, often turn from punishments, to "rewards" of sorts. There were also others, who were in essence, humans trained to fight for Ghouls, often quite young in age. They were also often tested against one another, these fights usually being a form of dangerous bloodsports, that entertained the Ghouls watching.

Beginning to attain a reputation, CCG would investigate reports of mysterious assassinations, a mysterious blonde girl with a tendency to use bladed weapons and traps to kill. His true name and gender remaining unknown, their searches would escalate. They managed to find the place he was kept at, and launched an attack on the Ghoul-inhabited estate. Shion was drugged into a state of insensibility by his master, chained to the wall, and abandoned in the basement.  A firefight ensued with the remaining Ghouls at the building, who fought the CCG squads sent in. He was found shortly thereafter, at the time dressed as a waitress, though covered in blood from having assassinated an off-duty CCG secretary in a café several hours previously. 

Taken into custody, he was kept under guard whilst they figured out what to do with him, assessing the reports gathered regarding him. He was seen as an eccentric, though admittedly skilled and capable individual, who could prove useful, especially having experience with how Ghouls might think, and fought. They saw the potential to use a killer made by the Ghouls, against them. Thus, would begin his role as a member of CCG. First being assigned to a Junior Academy, he was one of the exceptions in regards to those who were given Special Investigator status, as he never attended the Training Academy, instead being taught separately in certain areas. It would not be long before he would join the Quinx squad, having a Kagune implanted in him in a surgical operation. Enhanced accordingly, he became more of an asset than before, though he was still regarded with a certain distrust and disdain. His mental instability, lack of remorse when it came to killing, and his history, exacerbated this.

To ascertain their control and ensure Shion knew his status as a test subject, they made him dependent on a drug he had to take every three days, in the form of pills. If he ceased taking them, he would essentially become paralyzed over the course of an hour or two. Though it only resulted in his nervous system being unable to send signals to different parts of the body, rather than the other way round, so he could still feel. A side effect, is that his Rc cells become unstable, potentially multiplying or decreasing erratically.

Other than his Kagune, Shion uses mass-produced Quinque knives or daggers, using them for melee, or to throw, supplementing his Kagune's attacks in combat. His regeneration is noted to be above average for an Ukaku type, and whilst not enough to rival a Rinkaku, it is notable.
Sexual On's Most stuff, especially Femdom/BDSM related things.
Sexual Off's  Not sure, other than animals, or submissive characters.
Relationships: N/A for the moment.

Extra pics- the ones at the bottom are more or less safe for work - if a bit revealing

The chosen alternative/the different appearance I could use instead - though I might make him more of a good-with-technology type character if I choose this

xPeachyPuff

I might go with a Bikaku. I'm still thinking though.

- Rainbow ♥

wander

Love the profile Izaya! ^^

I'll be sorting out my profile either later tonight or tomorrow. The bits are all there, though I struggle on character history when given a whole bunch of options. I may sleep on it to think what kind of person I'd ideally like to play going in as a Quinx. I do kind of like the appeal of Guyver's Lost Numbers uber-characters, though how they got involved with the squad to be experimented on in the first place is going to be the tough one.

Izaya Orihara

Quote from: wander on July 28, 2015, 03:26:41 PM
Love the profile Izaya! ^^

I'll be sorting out my profile either later tonight or tomorrow. The bits are all there, though I struggle on character history when given a whole bunch of options. I may sleep on it to think what kind of person I'd ideally like to play going in as a Quinx. I do kind of like the appeal of Guyver's Lost Numbers uber-characters, though how they got involved with the squad to be experimented on in the first place is going to be the tough one.

Thanks. Also, I noticed you mention eating human flesh earlier. I looked on the Tokyo Ghoul wiki section for Quinx, and it says that whilst not necessary, it has been shown to increase the overall power and stamina of a Quinx. So it would offer an advantage.

I found some other information here:

Quote from: TG WikiQuinx are similar to one-eyed ghouls because they only develop one kakugan, in contrast to normal ghouls who develop kakugans in both eyes, but they have a grey schlera instead of a black schlera. It is unknown if this is because of RC suppressants. Quinx can digest human food and they do not crave human flesh, unlike half ghouls and normal ghouls do. Even so, it is shown that devouring human flesh still increases the overall power and stamina of a Quinx.   

Quinx are shown to possess increased physical traits similar to those of Ghouls, though this appears to vary greatly from individual to individual. A heightened sense (smell, hearing, sight) is typical, and healing abilities on par with those of a Ghoul are possible side effects of the surgery. The enhanced strength, speed, endurance, and agility normal for Ghouls do not appear to be shared with the Quinx.

The Quinx Surgery was created after Ken Kaneki was examined by CCG after his capture. The kakuhou installed into their body is modified through a process similar to the method used to create Quinques, believed to make them safer. This method involves coating the kakuhou in Quinque Steel, and then implanting it with a special system of "Frames" to regulate function. There are a total of five frames, with each subsequent Frame increasing or decreasing the potential output of the kakuhou by 20%. This process has not only limited the potential strength of the kagune, but restricted its form when compared to the highly-adaptable kagune used by normal Ghouls.

Trivia:
◾According to Dr. Shiba, the starting point for the Quinx, in terms of Kakuhou regulation, allow for 40% of the kakuhou's potential output.Their frames start at F2, but there are experimental operations available to have it opened up more, though it is considered risky.
◾ Dr. Shiba theorizes that the Quinx are able to eat human food as long as their RC levels remain below 1000, the minimal level for a normal Ghoul. It is unknown what would happen should they exceed this threshold.
◾ The process of coating the kakuhou in Quinque steel may be to prevent the implant from converting the implanted individual into a One-eyed Ghoul by restricting contact with native tissues.

wander

Yep, read that too. :)

Thats why I mentioned about that being a quirk for the character. It wouldn't be their only diet, also not sure how such a thing would be cleared for them to get to nosh on, though yeah... I felt it would be interesting.

Still uninspired for history though with my own character, mainly getting them to be a Quinx in the first place. I'll have a look through some character profiles of the series and see if something hits me.

iridum248

Still thinking up my character. Mmm, I kind of get the feeling this is going to be a bit of a sausagefest; It would feel slightly weird to play a female character in this one, I can't help but think.

I'll probably take Koukaku, I'd say!

edit: Very tentative images for my character. Any of the three would work, really.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8073552/000623.jpg
http://g.e-hentai.org/s/85519f5af5/675412-14
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/danceinthevampire/images/f/f6/Capitulo-02-1.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20100206040904

wander

Here's my character image btw;

Also Mask;

It's a play on his codename of Duck, his wing powers and being a Kappa... Kappa like butts... ;)

Amarlo

Placing my interest here. I am not overly knowledgeable with Tokyo Ghoul but I like what you have going so far, if you'll have me! I'm thinking of actually playing someone outside of the general group :) Might even start out as a nuisance/Grey Villain at first if that'd be allowed.  :3

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies