VictorianPunk - Agency Mysteries in a parallel world

Started by Ramael, October 18, 2011, 09:51:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maelyn

Alysanthia

Le Immortelle

Okay, so we've got Maelyn, Alysanthia, PTPB, Glyphstone and Me so far. Five people, anyone else? Do you guys think the story can proceed even with the five of us in itself or would we need more people to launch it?

TheGlyphstone

Well, the interest expressed so far has everyone who submitted a League of Strange character (minus PtPB), which might actually be better for the game in the long wrong if there's only one 'party' to manage.

Alysanthia

Perhaps start out with the League of Strange but keep the recruitment thread up and open saying we are looking for Enigma Club members only?

TheGlyphstone

I'd still champion keeping it exclusively LoS, for the reasons I mentioned above. Putting the EC into a non-playable 'semi-tagonists' category who can provide Monsters-Of-The-Month while also occasionally being allies against the Mystus Order would greatly simplify GMing work necessary.

Kristine

TheGlyphstone

Kristine

In fact I had two characters, but if you don't want to manage two clubs I can play one, or occasionally play both in a way that Enigma club won't have to be managed

Teague

Seems I came in to this a bit late. Are you guys still open? I saw the post and instantly was grabbed by Inspector Abberline. Fictionally speaking he's a bit of the Man Who's Seen Too Much, and might be a fun fit. Abberline was an inspector in the real and fictional Ripper murders, and was also featured in the most recent The Wolfman movie, which could land him solidly in the Mysterious Creatures, should he be infected with lychanthropy. Or, if we're sticking to the one group, he could have found a cure. Werewolves could be tricky. I was more interested in the From Hell version anyway, with the clairvoyance.
To the scientist there is the joy in pursuing truth which nearly counteracts the depressing revelations of truth.
H. P. Lovecraft

PeacethatPowerbrings

Alright, I am sorry about the delay, but I'll try to set out our thinking on where this should go. We'll run the first adventure in the vein that Ramael described it. The three agencies will be going after a supply of Cavorite.

For the sake of simplicity, we will focus on the League of Strange. However, the Enigma Club will still will still be involved, for whoever still wants to play their Club character, we just won't be treating them as the focus of the game for the time being, that may change in the future, if interest is shown in that side of things.

Quote from: Kristine on January 06, 2012, 03:16:19 PM
In fact I had two characters, but if you don't want to manage two clubs I can play one, or occasionally play both in a way that Enigma club won't have to be managed

We can talk about how playing your Club character can work, as I will still be playing Yaga as well.

Quote from: Teague on January 14, 2012, 01:23:50 AM
Seems I came in to this a bit late. Are you guys still open? I saw the post and instantly was grabbed by Inspector Abberline. Fictionally speaking he's a bit of the Man Who's Seen Too Much, and might be a fun fit. Abberline was an inspector in the real and fictional Ripper murders, and was also featured in the most recent The Wolfman movie, which could land him solidly in the Mysterious Creatures, should he be infected with lychanthropy. Or, if we're sticking to the one group, he could have found a cure. Werewolves could be tricky. I was more interested in the From Hell version anyway, with the clairvoyance.

Thank you for the interest. My suggestion would be to focus on the League of Strange. That doesn't rule out being a classical kind of werewolf, certainly, because he'd be restrained during his transformations, and the League could do that for him. The Club is really more for non-humans, not for humans who've been changed in some way or another.
I am filled with recollections of lives I have not lived.

Love And Submission

I should note that I'm still interested if this ever gets off the ground.

Discord: SouthOfHeaven#3454

Teague

Hurray! I'm cool if someone pulls Abberline straight out of the asylum. He was likely headed there with the opium, conspiracies, and added lychanthropy.
To the scientist there is the joy in pursuing truth which nearly counteracts the depressing revelations of truth.
H. P. Lovecraft

PeacethatPowerbrings

Alright, well, before we start, it would be nice to get in any character sheets, so that we have everyone set for opening.

Just to give everyone a sense of where we'd be starting. The idea would be that the agencies would all be heading to south america, in search of a supply of Cavorite thought to be located there. The Mystus order will have a significant head start, with the League, and the Club trying to catch up. The game would open on them already en-route.

Maelyn

Mine's already in this thread unless you intend to make an official character thread or something?  Just let me know and I can put it up wherever.  :)

PeacethatPowerbrings

There will be a character thread, but I was referring only to sheets that haven't been put up here yet. When the character thread is made, I can take all the active characters from here.

Alysanthia

Nom De Plume

Is this game still taking players? I've been looking for a great steampunk setting to play in for a long time.
A&A

PeacethatPowerbrings

Quote from: Nom De Plume on January 20, 2012, 01:22:39 PM
Is this game still taking players? I've been looking for a great steampunk setting to play in for a long time.

Yes, we are still taking players.

Nom De Plume

I have an interesting idea for making a victorian era Wayland the Smith. Do you mind if I PM it to you two when it's done, to check for any inconsistencies?
A&A

PeacethatPowerbrings

Quote from: Nom De Plume on January 22, 2012, 10:21:56 PM
I have an interesting idea for making a victorian era Wayland the Smith. Do you mind if I PM it to you two when it's done, to check for any inconsistencies?

You can PM it to me. I'll be happy to look it over.

PeacethatPowerbrings

Alright, so both the OOC, and the character thread are now up. I've already put in all the characters for everyone who has expressed continued interest. If I've missed anything, feel free to let me know. Please don't post in the character thread, but feel free to use the OOC. The OOC's first post will have all the game links from now on.

VictorianPunk OOC

Character Sheets

PeacethatPowerbrings

In the interests of starting the game as soon as possible, I'd like to get in any character sheets still to come. If you have a sheet that hasn't been submitted yet, just let me know that you are still intending to do so, and I'll keep that in mind in terms of the time that we start.

Thank you.

Xunzar

The list below is mostly up to date. To be honest, you can assume there is little that is a hard no.
A list of kinks

PeacethatPowerbrings

The time swiftly approaches when we'll get this off the ground. Within the next day or two, I'll have the IC thread ready, and we'll be able to begin.

Since we have a starting window, it is important that anyone who has yet to submit their character, but who still wishes to, do so in the next 24 hours, or 48 at the latest. This isn't to say that the possibility of joining after the game has started doesn't exist, but anyone joining while we're in progress will have to wait for an opportunity for their character to join the narrative later.

Thank you.