Lockdown - High School/Horror (Recruitment CLOSED!)

Started by Roen, March 20, 2014, 02:14:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kingmaster1

AribethAmkiir

When are you planning on making decisions for the cast, Roen/King?

Kokaine

Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Chreestafer

Instead of being the soon to be military brat I think im going to make him a hockey player. Would our school have a hockey team? If so I think im going to keep the main chunk of my history with dead father and being a military brat but instead of boxing im going to make him the new kid on the hockey team and the new kid in school.
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Lynnette

I'll be making two characters, the lead cheerleader and possibly her (half)brother who might or might not be a transgender. We'll see.
I'm available on Discord!
Feel free to message me if you want to chat
Lynnpai#4726

My O/O     My guide to set up a home server and Plex
My request thread

Kokaine

I guess it might make sense to wait and see if we're accepted before trying to talk connection then...
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

My O/Os

King Serperior

Quote from: kingmaster1 on March 21, 2014, 10:55:34 AM
*gasp* his invisibility is strong! :O
Yep, page one.  Guy only has one little claim to attention, otherwise he is the easily overlooked guy with potential.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

mj2002

Quote from: Kokaine on March 21, 2014, 11:35:00 AM
I guess it might make sense to wait and see if we're accepted before trying to talk connection then...
This has crossed my mind as well.

AribethAmkiir

The more I think about it the more I'm excited about it.  The first had a lot of potential.  I followed the second a bit.  Now, this one looks really good.

Chreestafer

All hell should break loose on a Monday that would be ironic haha.  But what part of the school year will this be taking place? Beginning?  End?
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

kingmaster1

End of the year, everyone will be so close to freedom from high school and then... some horrid thing hits the fan with an even worse thing :P

azzmeister89

its taking place at prom from what the description says. sorry the original wasn't up to scratch for you guys MJ and Ari but i will agree, after Roen, Cal and now king took over it has gotten much better, i'm just happy people liked my idea enough to want to keep at it after my attempt failed.

AribethAmkiir

Quote from: azzmeister89 on March 21, 2014, 12:11:40 PM
its taking place at prom from what the description says. sorry the original wasn't up to scratch for you guys MJ and Ari but i will agree, after Roen, Cal and now king took over it has gotten much better, i'm just happy people liked my idea enough to want to keep at it after my attempt failed.

azz, I wasn't saying that to be mean or insulting.  I'm sorry if you took it that way.  Your idea, as evidenced by the third installment, was great!

I don't know if it helps any, but think of the first attempt as a test.  Consider how many edits a novel needs, or test phases a program goes through.  I wouldn't call the original a failure.  You should consider, that this idea is still alive and well, very much a success, at least, in my opinion.

Roen

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on March 21, 2014, 11:08:02 AM
When are you planning on making decisions for the cast, Roen/King?
Probably no later than the end of this month. I want to give everyone a fair chance at noticing this game and submitting their characters. It's a shame how excellent players often PM you saying "Oh, shoot! I can't believe how I missed this game!"
Which means, we will be announcing our final list of approved players on April Fools :D

*UPDATE*
I've added a "The GMs and I" section to the opening post, to let everyone know about our GMing style and how this game and application process will be managed.

Come and Write with Me! (O/Os and Ideas)
Even the oldest of sights has a moment of rebirth.
-Nathan Alterman.

King Serperior

Quote from: Roen on March 21, 2014, 02:28:38 PM
*UPDATE*
I've added a "The GMs and I" section to the opening post, to let everyone know about our GMing style and how this game and application process will be managed.
*reads and pulls out the tar and feathers......reads further and hides them before KS covers King with them*

:P

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

kingmaster1

Quote from: King Serperior on March 21, 2014, 04:59:19 PM
*reads and pulls out the tar and feathers......reads further and hides them before KS covers King with them*

:P

*Had a tar and feather proof umbrella ready and then puts it away*

mj2002

Quote from: Kokaine on March 21, 2014, 11:35:00 AM
Just for the GMs to clarify, this applies, yes?

kingmaster1

Yeah, probably shouldn't form character connections until you're one of the approved people :-)

Otherwise someone could get chosen and you don't and then it would all be for nothing XD

Roen

Quote from: kingmaster1 on March 21, 2014, 05:07:02 PM
Yeah, probably shouldn't form character connections until you're one of the approved people :-)

Otherwise someone could get chosen and you don't and then it would all be for nothing XD

That's partially true, bro.

As I've submitted my character sheet for Brad, I've mentioned three character spots that I'm looking to be filled- the head cheerleader, the nerd victim and Brad's best friend. Anyone is more than welcome to apply to any of those spots. If we happen to decide to accept someone else into that spot, but we still want your character in the game, there is no reason the character can't be altered to cut that connection out.

What I would like to discourage you from is any form of bickering about game spots. Remember, one of the most important things for us, as the GMs of this game, is to have a team of players that can get along, have fun together and create interesting group dynamics.

-Nathan Alterman.

King Serperior

Quote from: Roen on March 21, 2014, 06:20:09 PM
As I've submitted my character sheet for Brad, I've mentioned three character spots that I'm looking to be filled- the head cheerleader, the nerd victim and Brad's best friend. Anyone is more than welcome to apply to any of those spots. If we happen to decide to accept someone else into that spot, but we still want your character in the game, there is no reason the character can't be altered to cut that connection out.
Hmm....perhaps my character could be this victim?  I do have that he hero-worships someone for saving him from being tormented by a "bully."

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Kokaine

Quote from: Roen on March 21, 2014, 06:20:09 PM
That's partially true, bro.

What I would like to discourage you from is any form of bickering about game spots. Remember, one of the most important things for us, as the GMs of this game, is to have a team of players that can get along, have fun together and create interesting group dynamics.

I considered PMing you about Felix and Brad but Felix isn't a nerd really, just an outcast, and he would fight back if Brad messed with him--probably wouldn't win--but I'd like to think he'd get in a few hits. That didn't seem to fit what you seemed to be looking for :/

However, if someone wants to have messed with him (could even just be verbal abuse) then I'd be all for it. If it's a male he'd get mad and try to fight, if it was a female he'd get pissed but he doesn't hit girls.

My O/Os

Roen

Brad can have more than one recurring targets, no worries, people :)

We'll discuss these connections on the OOC thread, for those of you that will get in the initial setup.

-Nathan Alterman.

mj2002

Quote from: Roen on March 21, 2014, 07:06:39 PM
for those of you that will get in the initial setup.
Damn, this is going to be like a contest!

kingmaster1

Roen

Quote from: kingmaster1 on March 21, 2014, 07:15:03 PM
Eh, more of an election :P

There's nothing happening here that doesn't happen in most other games, guys, let's just take it all in good spirit :)

-Nathan Alterman.