Airships and Antiquities: Game Thread - Crew Wins

Started by Trieste, October 20, 2012, 07:13:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarena

Their numbers were getting too few and the poor souls lost so far on this journey weighed heavily on more heavily on her shoulders with each passing day.  Sarena looked at Kendra, shaking her head sadly.  There had to be a better way....
I can go from southern belle to ghetto thug faster than you can say "Bless your heart".

Trieste

Kendra - 8
ThatRPGuy - 2

Yet to vote:
Kazyth, ThatRPGuy, Niferbelle, Falanor, The Last Standing

Galactic Druid

It was as Kendra said, Guy did have something to hide. All that wine and rum he kept taking for 'the kitchen' never actually made it into any of the food. That was, however, the worst of his crimes. "I shouldn't be too surprised you'd point your finger at me, Kendra, now that I'm on to you." he said with conviction.
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Niferbelle

If things went on this way for much longer NIferbelle thought she just might take a walk off the side of the ship herself before suspicion turned on her. After all, it didn't matter if you were guilty or not once the masses ganged up on your tail. Maybe that was what was happening to Kendra right now but Niferbelle didn't have a reason to change her vote. If Kendra were another innocent then Niferbelle would have to deal with the consequences later.

Kazyth

"Seems it doesn't matter where my vote goes this time, the weight of the crowd and crew is against you, Kendra.  I'll say a prayer for you.  I make no promises about what happens to your underthings when you're gone, though."
A rose by any other name... still has thorns you can prick someone with. - Me.

Falanor

Falanor grumbled, "I see no way out for you, lass.  Kendra, I hope your passing be swift..."

Trieste

And so it happens that Kendra is thrown overboard by the crew - though a search of her berth turns up nothing that a crew member shouldn't have.

In the night afterward, there are all sorts of goings-on. When the crew wakes the next morning, they find that Saffron is missing. In her berth is a toolkit and various cogs, wheels, and gears. They are clearly the possessions of a Simulacrum. In the next berth, Falanor is missing but under his pillow are several regents and beakers identifying him as the Chemist.

The chances of the crew are dwindling, and all of them are sure to know that they must choose wisely.

Players

• Kazyth
  • Starlequin
  • Ryven
  • Mithlomwen
  • Luna
  • ThatRPGuy
  • Sarena
  • Remiel
  • Niferbelle
  • Valerian
  • Moirae
  • The Last Standing

Roles (For an outline of what the roles mean, please see this post)

• Crew Members - 6/7
  • Mutineers - 3/4
  • Chirurgeon
  • Greenhorn

desert ashes

Moirae sighed at the news, held her flask tighter. Who was going to make her brew now? Suppose there were graver matters at hand. "I am still suspicious of ThatRPGuy who was most definitely consorting with James."
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

Ryven

"I believe it is you, Moirae, that must account for yourself," he said.

Kazyth

"You know," Kazyth murmured as he looked up from his current task of polishing the brass railing.  "Moirae there does seem to be doing an awful lot of drinking, doesn't she?  That's the sort of thing that one normally doesn't see unless there's a guilty conscience at work."
A rose by any other name... still has thorns you can prick someone with. - Me.

Valerian

Val was shocked and horrified at this double loss.  Not only was the Chemist gone, the trusted ally that Analise had spoken of, but Saffron was gone as well, the only real ally that Val had had, and now she felt more alone than she ever had in her life.  What if they were all doomed and the mutineers won?  She gave Kazyth a dark glance, but otherwise pointedly ignored him as she turned to look at ThatRPGuy.  "I think you're a Mutineer, and the sooner you're off this ship, the better."

Whatever else she might have said was lost when her voice quavered and she retreated away from the group to hide this momentary weakness, though she still watched warily as the votes unfolded.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Remiel

Remiel was starting to panic.  Not only were good, honest crew members dropping like flies, but Saffron--the Simulacrum, in whom he had confided--was nowhere to be found. 

"Why are you so eager to get rid of Moirae, Ryven?" he demanded.  "Saffron was suspicious of you--and I am too.  I'm not sure about ThatRPGuy, but I'm pretty sure about you."

Ryven

"Simple.  Her voting pattern," he said toward Remiel.  "And Saffron can be suspicious of anyone she likes, but until she can prove she has precognitive powers, I really don't see how her opinion is relevant.  Go ahead.  Throw me off the side.  You'll regret it as soon as you do.  I already told you I saved Mr. B the second night.  What more assurance do you need?"  Ryven said while putting some muffins into the oven.

Valerian

"Saffron can't prove anything anymore.  She's g-gone," Val put in, bitterly.  "And if Kazyth wants Moirae gone, then that's pretty good proof she's innocent as far as I'm concerned."  Again she briefly glared at Kazyth, then sighed miserably.  On top of everything else, now they were all arguing, unable to agree on the culprits even though she felt it should all have been obvious by now.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

desert ashes

"My only crimes are stealing this here flask and voting with the majority once or twice too many.  There is no blood on these hands.  My only regret is not paying enough attention to these matters and thinking they'd sort themselves out.  And, well, not stealing a bigger flask.  Obviously going to need it," muttered, eyes narrowing; a second later she hiccuped, sipped from the flask.  "James tried making me believe he was innocent and sadly I thought he was at first.  During that, he confided to consorting with ThatRPGuy, who has been suspicious enough.  And maybe you, Kazyth or Ryven, are the third.  If enough of you are swayed to have me killed, this ship will be losing another faithful, albeit drunk, crew member -- not a savage mutineer."
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

Trieste

Votes
ThatRPGuy - 4
Moirae - 4
Ryven - 1
Kazyth - 1

Yet to vote:
ThatRPGuy, The Last Standing

Niferbelle

Niferbelle was briefly distracted from the discussion as she was nearly certain she'd spied someone up in the rigging trying to look down her shirt but whoever the perverted sod was got lucky and got out of sight before he or she could be made. Niferbelle glowered at the remaining crew, knowing full well some of them had no good on their minds, and tapped her toe. She'd been hearing things...she sighed.

"Maybe the devil will add another innocent soul to our tally but when I look at ThatRPGuy I feel like a ghost is walking over my grave."

Mithlomwen

Mith tossed her vote in for ThatRPGuy, unable to shake the feeling he was hiding something. 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Sarena

Oh people were hiding things alright, but Sarena was more convinced that Moirae was doing a bit more than drinking.  She didn't trust a body that never drank, but she sure as hell didn't trust one that drank too much either.
I can go from southern belle to ghetto thug faster than you can say "Bless your heart".

Starlequin

It'd been a long time since LeQuin had been honked off enough at a crewmate to want to deck 'em. But Kazyth's crack at Moirae's drinkin' come awful close to inspirin' some involuntary behavior correctin'. He dropped the toolbox and brandished a ratchet at the loudmouth, pointing back at Moirae, then gestured toward himself as if to say 'Just cuz a body suffers a bit 'a rough tongue now and then, t'aint reason 'nough to go about callin' for blood. Reckon I drink more'n any three crew aboard; on a boat like this, everyone dropping like flies, I'd say anyone what can stay sober is more dangerous than a couple alkies. So watch where ya point them fingers, greenhorn.'

...It was a very expressive gesture.
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Teo Torriatte

Luna's head was spinning with all the accusations flying around, but she was still curious as to what Moirae has been up to for the last few nights.

Ryven

"I'm changing my vote to ThatRPGuy.  I'm afraid he has manipulated me for the last time," he said, throwing the man a very tense look.

Starlequin

Some fair points bein' made. Star reckoned he might need to change his vote as well. The cooks were turning on each other, and he didnt like the idea of two angry men sloppin' his grub. No tellin what bit 'a nasty might find its way into the pot. Better to get rid of ThatRPGuy, maybe...
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Remiel

"If Ryven's who he says he is, then there's no way he could have done the foul deed," said Remiel, reluctantly.  "Count my vote for ThatRPGuy, as well."

Galactic Druid

Guy backed away from the crowd slowly. "You all must be joking..." he said nervously "You can't really suspect me, not when Moirae has been do obvious this entire time!"
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!