Explain A Film Plot Badly

Started by Mr Quixotic, March 02, 2018, 06:03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Quixotic

I've stolen this game from another site, and the rules are easy enough.

Simply take a film and explain the plot. Badly!

Eg;

Star Wars
:
An heroic young man rescues a Princess in Peril. In Space.

The Empire Strikes Back
:
The same heroic young man's unresolved Daddy issues lead to Intergalactic war. 

Arrival:

Learning the language of an alien race allows a woman to see into the future and the past, enabling her to affect the past and the future to change both the future and the past. Or not.
Request Thread And Story Links          O/O's

Current Status - Actively seeking another story or two. If we've noticed each other but, for som reason never connected, or we've written/plotted before and you'd like to again, please shoot me a PM.

'I, myself, am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions.'

AzureRain

Challenge accepted!!

Mostly because my baseline level of explaining movies is pretty poor :P

Love Actually: Unlikely couples fall in love come Christmastime. Some choose to sing about it, poorly or well. The rest are generally not meant to be.
O/Os // PLAYLIST // A/As

"To see the world, things dangerous to come to, to see behind walls, draw closer,
to find each other, and to feel. That is the purpose of life.”

Mr Quixotic

Quote from: AzureRain on March 02, 2018, 06:50:47 PM
Challenge accepted!!

Mostly because my baseline level of explaining movies is pretty poor :P

Ah, you should be an ace at this game then :P

The Sixth Sense:

Bruce Wills takes two hours to realise he's dead. (At least that explains his acting!)

Current Status - Actively seeking another story or two. If we've noticed each other but, for som reason never connected, or we've written/plotted before and you'd like to again, please shoot me a PM.

Endorphin

Alien (the whole series):

A big, angry alien kills a whole bunch of people in a spaceship.
"The imagination is the spur of delights... all depends upon it, it is the mainspring of everything; now, is it not by means of the imagination one knows joy? Is it not of the imagination that the sharpest pleasures arise?" - Marquis de Sade

AzureRain

Good Will Hunting: A surprisingly smart man has unsurprisingly problematic social skills. Therapy works, kind of.
O/Os // PLAYLIST // A/As

"To see the world, things dangerous to come to, to see behind walls, draw closer,

William Blake

Iron Man: Man who sells weapons loses powerful weapons to terrorists, resolves both guilt and sudden moral crisis by building an even more powerful weapon which he keeps for himself.

Endorphin

Batman (the whole series):

A deranged billionaire stalks the streets of Gotham in his kinky bat suit and beats up a whole bunch of criminal misfits, again and again.
"The imagination is the spur of delights... all depends upon it, it is the mainspring of everything; now, is it not by means of the imagination one knows joy? Is it not of the imagination that the sharpest pleasures arise?" - Marquis de Sade

William Blake

The Heat: Sandra Bullock, a poor facsimile for a human FBI agent, learns to be a human being while dealing with eccentric allies in her quest to get promoted.

The Proposal: Sandra Bullock, a poor facsimile for a human businesswoman, learns to be a human being while falling in love in her quest to gain US citizenship.

The Blind Side: Sandra Bullock, a poor facsimile for a human mother, learns to be a human being while taking care of a traumatized boy in her quest to do something related to football.

Endorphin

AzureRain

Quote from: Endorphin on March 02, 2018, 09:24:38 PM
Batman (the whole series):

A deranged billionaire stalks the streets of Gotham in his kinky bat suit and beats up a whole bunch of criminal misfits, again and again.

kinky bat suit made me laugh out loud  :P because it's totally true!
O/Os // PLAYLIST // A/As

Endorphin

This is pretty fun...

King Kong: A giant gorilla is blatantly kidnapped from his home and subsequently has trouble adapting to life in a big city.

William Blake

Harry Potter and the Prizoner of Azkaban: Time travel mechanic technically proves predestination, invalidating free will while everyone quietly pretends to not notice.

Endorphin

Superman (the whole series):

A powerful alien learns of his origins and feels compelled to adopt a bizarre fashion choice and fly around the world saving people who are questionably deserving of his attention. In his time off, he continues to work a pointless job and conceals his true identity as an unnecessarily clumsy and nerdy reporter with +20 'Glasses of Disguise'.

Mr Quixotic

Shades of Gray:

Emotionally stunted billionaire finds true love.

Twilight:

Teenage girl falls for an obsessive stalker.

Beauty and the Beast:

A powerful treatise on the effects of Stockholm Syndrome.

Endorphin

Mission: Impossible (the whole series):

A mission that, whilst extremely difficult and dangerous, is actually possible.

AzureRain

Lady Bird: Flighty as she is, the main character is not actually a bird.
O/Os // PLAYLIST // A/As

Deamonbane

Quote from: Mr Quixotic on March 03, 2018, 09:49:04 PM
Shades of Gray:

Billionaire uses faux-BDSM as a cover to stalk and emotionally bully young woman into a contract-bound relationship.

Beauty and the Beast:

A powerful treatise on the effects of Lima Syndrome.
Corrections in bold.

Star Wars: A Phantom Menace:
Priest forces young child to compete in dangerous sports and then kidnaps him for a cult and eventual marriage to politician twice his age.

The Lord of the Rings:
Small folk are really terrible at returning lost jewelry.

Titanic:
Everyone tries the Ice Bucket Challenge.
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Endorphin

Jaws (the whole series):

A giant shark acquires a taste for human flesh and embarks on a serial killing spree until it is destroyed. Rinse and repeat.

Bonus: Practically everyone is subsequently terrified of swimming at the beach and the human species completely overreacts by culling sharks in alarming numbers worldwide for decades to come.

Mr Quixotic

Willa Wonka and the Chocolate Factory:

A serial-killing confectionery maker targets young children.

Deamonbane

Thor: Ragnarok:
Man destroys his own planet because he doesn't want to share it with his sister after she broke his favorite toy.
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Lady Shadow

Spider-man - Homecoming

Whiny ass kid gets even MORE whiny and annoying as the movie progresses. Oh and he's trying to prove himself to Iron Man in order to join the Avengers, but honestly I could care less because the whining was the entire focus of the movie.
Rhythm is something you either have or don't have, but when you have it, you have it all over.
Ambition is like a V8 engine.
~Elvis Presley~

blue bunny sparkle

Rocky Horror Picture Show:

A movie with that one dark haired guy who wears a corset, and that lady who's now old, but was young then and wore a bra and panties. And they sang and danced with some other people.

Deamonbane

V for Vendetta: Anonymous really up their game.

southerngambler

The Big Lebowski

Man sets off on a dangerous adventure because some guy peed on his rug.

lux89

Omg all this is funny  ;D ;D
But y'all should hide the movie titles and let us guess!

Cheerleaders, who constantly bully each other, cheer each other on at the last minute to be original...
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Bring It On!