Pirate World - Westworld Inspired Group Game - Open Recruitment

Started by GnothiSeauton, March 21, 2020, 09:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aiden

If anyone wants to be part of a crew.

I am making a pirate captain host.

Bibliophilia

I have an employee that pops in when she can, but she's not really crew material.  I'd love for her to have engaged with your host before, though.

My guest has only been to the park four times, but he's designed to be a pirate captain himself, so they might have had previous encounters.

la dame en noir

Considering a vodun priestess host or a guest (not sure what they'd be)
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Caela

Thinking of making a host that's a brothel owner and a guest that likes to play pirate when she visits.

AzureRain

Quote from: Caela on March 22, 2020, 05:23:06 PM
Thinking of making a host that's a brothel owner and a guest that likes to play pirate when she visits.

The character I’m writing will be a whore - a rough parallel to Clementine, if you’ve seen the show. Aka, not the madam, but one of the underling girls. Let me know if you want to talk about a connection a little!
O/Os // PLAYLIST // A/As

"To see the world, things dangerous to come to, to see behind walls, draw closer,
to find each other, and to feel. That is the purpose of life.”

Aiden

Quote from: Bibliophilia on March 22, 2020, 04:09:07 PM
I have an employee that pops in when she can, but she's not really crew material.  I'd love for her to have engaged with your host before, though.

My guest has only been to the park four times, but he's designed to be a pirate captain himself, so they might have had previous encounters.

That sounds good.

I want to have some notable progression in Redwaters life so repeat guests may have witnessed or partaken in his rise. ( our tried to stop it...pft heroes)

I am thinking like "in game" events.

The commandering of the White Lotus was a major event in his "made up" history.

Bibliophilia

My girl's a junior narrative tech, so it's possible she was actively involved in writing his rise.

Granted, being a junior writer with a focus on character creation, her involvement would have been minor.  Like, maybe creating some nuanced 'extras', or writing a lesser member or two of his crew.

CurvyKitten

I'm totally down for playing a pirate! Who doesn't want to play a pirate! LOL JK

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: la dame en noir on March 22, 2020, 04:35:31 PM
Considering a vodun priestess host or a guest (not sure what they'd be)

I'm liking the sound of this.

Quote from: Brittlby on March 22, 2020, 03:28:57 PM
Spoilered for size
Marguerite Rouge Duexperes
FREELANCE GUNNERY CHIEF, A Host in Pirate World

Character Name:   Marguerite Rouge Duexperes

Age and Years of Service:  26 & 3 Years In Service

Gender Identity and Sexuality:  Female / Bisexual

Current Narrative and Drive:  Ex-Gunnery Chief and Pistolet Chuchoteur beneath the French banner, Currently Gunsmith and Bitch in Charge of the Island Cannon Munitions. The major difference between the former and current titles is considerably less saluting and considerably more hot wax than when she was in the army. 

Her primary function is as a peripheral character for a number of Narratives who provides access to heavier munitions when their respective stories call for them. Marguerite has her own side Narrative involving an arms shipment which she acts as a "quest giver" and is frequently tapped by Narratives to mind the cannons for mercenary or military vessels, depending upon the Guest she is attached to.

Past Narratives:  Until recently, she spent two years as a Tavern maid who was worried about her missing sister. This led into a gruesome Narrative following a murderer through a "pirate noir" story.

Residence:  Marguerite can most often be found in the cliffs, close to the cannons or on the docks by the munitions storage/gunsmith shop.

Personality:  Duexperes has a cheery viciousness about her, almost a childish ruthlessness. Duexperes has a passion for firearms that is at times unsettling. Frequently found to be having conversations with them, she is often thought to be something of an odd duck. Despite her oddity, she seems to bear a close kinship on an almost spiritual (and carnal) level, hence the joking title her crewmates gave her during her imperial sailing days, Pistolet Chuchoteur, the Gun Talker.

She rarely uses her first name, preferring to be called Mademoiselle Duexperes by all but her close friends. They are given the privilege of using her middle name, Rouge. Obsessive compulsive and meticulous as only someone who frequently works with black powder can be, she is exceptionally observant of her surroundings, and can measure distances by sight alone with a remarkably small margin of error. She has a particularly wide loyal streak when indebted.

Cornerstone:  She remembers a sizable amount of time spent in the dungeon. It's left her claustrophobic at times and entirely unwilling to be manacled or captured. Her disdain for officers also seems to stem from her extensive time alone in the brig.

Biography:  The circumstances of Marguerite Rouge Duexperes' conception and birth are wild, ridiculous and impossible. Her mother was newly wed to a Baron Valmonte of the French Empire. It was widely known that his affections ran somewhat more masculine, but it was unseemly for him to be seen clutching the dainty hand of a young boy as he came to the court of the Empress. And so, an arrangement was made, loveless emotionally and physically, for the two to wed.

The tale is largely unremarkable so far... but it does not remain so. Baron Valmonte had a bad habit of inserting himself into the husbands of much less forgiving wives than his own and so, he often found himself forced against his will to duel ex-lovers who were also forced against their will to defend the honor of their sullied wives who demanded satisfaction.

In fact, the duels were such a frequent occurrence, one could almost set their watch by them. And so it came to pass, one day he found himself walking the paces with a career military man, Monsieur LeCroix, noted for his skill with the pistol. This did not bode well for Valmonte, who was a middling shooter at best. Valmonte, drunk at the time, had the brilliant idea to turn and fire at 9 paces rather than 10.

The pistol was fired and the shot off as the marksman was still in the middle of turning about. Known for his skill with a pistol, LeCroix was secondarily known for the size of his "other" weapon. The drunken shot of the Baron sailed unerringly past Monsieur LeCroix, grazing the bulge of his pants before whizzing past to embed itself in the abdomen of his goodly wife, the  Baroness Valmonte. The crowd rushed in equal parts to tend to the wounded Baroness as she clutched her belly and to the wounded marksman who clutched his manhood.

After a long recovery, four months later, the Baroness Valmonte found that though they had removed the bullet... something of the incident had remained. Impregnated by iron shot, she jokingly christened her daughter "Duexperes" for her two fathers, Monsieur LeCroix and the Baron's dueling pistol. Technically the offspring of a cuckold, Marguerite was raised by Monsieur LeCroix and his wife, as the Valmonte's had less use for a child than they did for each other.

With three older siblings, much to Marguerite's chagrin, Monsieur LaCroix's remaining testicle worked over time through her childhood, and by the time she was twelve, she had an additional six younger siblings.

She always had an interest in his pistols, even from a young age. Days were whittled away as she cleaned and played with his collection while no one was around. When she was first allowed pocket money, she began her own collection. This was slow and tedious going, buying guns with her ten coin a month allowance.

She found it was much easier to work with the local smith in her spare time in exchange for parts and powder. The relationship took on an entirely different dynamic when she hit puberty, one which saw her wall soon covered in various firearms. At the age of sixteen, she received what she had been requesting of her birth parents for almost twelve years, the Valmonte dueling pistols.

Beautifully engraved dual brass barrels with ivory handles inlaid with silver filigree. Rouge would never be so cruel to tell Monsieur LeCroix, because it is ever so rude to play favorites among family, but still she loved the pistol just a tiny bit more between her two fathers.

Strengths and Useless Skills:  Extensive expertise in firearms and munitions use. One of the most sought after gunsmiths in her homeland, she is noted for her unnatural attention to detail regarding her weaponry. Expert in maritime law and accountancy... She also worked as a dancing wench for a few months for pocket money, and was noted for her flexibility.

Flaws and Weaknesses: A sociopath and frequent abuser of narcotic substances, she often has a distant quality about her as if the details of this world are sharing equal time with her drug induced hallucinations. She has been known to occasionally inhale black powder blended with opiates.

Connections:  Pending other characters.

Likes:   Black powder (mostly the smell, though she has been known to occasionally ingest it blended with opiates), tobacco, pears, open flames ranging from candles to bonfires, and cinnamon on skillet fried tomato.

Dislikes:   Military or aristocrat men, rain or being wet, being restrained or caged, children (particularly her younger siblings).

Face Claim:  Kate Beckinsale

Notes:  Pending Connections.

PM sent!

Working my way through PMs.  I've got an OOC set up as well as a discord for approved members.

So excited for all of the interest and ideas coming in.  If anyone needs help or wants to brainstorm, feel free to send me a PM!
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Nowherewoman

Ugh. I love this idea, but I seem to have a cursed history with group games. Wish y'all great fun and luck with it, though!
My eyes are a window to the storm that's getting close.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

and mea culpas  (A/As): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221151.0

Aiden

Requesting a face claim to reserve - Toby Stephens.

Pivoting away to a different concept and look.

TheLaughingOne

My Ons and Offs!

You! On our wavelength! Carry our message, its heavy! Made of rocks!! Apocolypso dancing! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! You'll want to cut your wrists with the whole knife, but you'll only need the edge!

GnothiSeauton

I think I'm caught up with PMs and pending sheets?

If not, let me know.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

GnothiSeauton

Also, with the past connections, if people want to do like past connections in old, retired narratives, that's a neat idea too.  They wouldn't know each other in the current narratives, but it'd be like a past life.

Seeking New Stories

xPeachyPuff

After some thought, I'd like to reserve Alina Kovalenko for a guest position, instead of going with a host c: I may make a host as well, but for right now I'm going to focus on this character.

EDIT: I'm thinking she'll be a daughter of someone higher up at Delos, or perhaps just from a very wealthy family. (I'd be open to any connection for family, if anyone would be interested in that, though it isn't integral for me building my character.)

Bibliophilia

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: xPeachyPuff on March 25, 2020, 02:23:13 PM
After some thought, I'd like to reserve Alina Kovalenko for a guest position, instead of going with a host c: I may make a host as well, but for right now I'm going to focus on this character.

EDIT: I'm thinking she'll be a daughter of someone higher up at Delos, or perhaps just from a very wealthy family. (I'd be open to any connection for family, if anyone would be interested in that, though it isn't integral for me building my character.)

Gotcha!  I'll add her in, and the concept sounds good to me.  Glad to see you're interested.

I believe I'm caught up on all PMed sheets that have been sent in.

I'm going to try and aim for Saturday to open things up.  But don't feel the pressure.  With all the shit going on, there's far more important stuff to deal with. 

Seeking New Stories

Dotley

Oh. How could I resist this? I'm very interested.

Thinking about a host character - the wealthy widow of the former governor of Salvation. Probably with Megan Follows for a FC.

O&O's || A&A's

"I don’t use people for stories.
I use stories to express my feelings for people."

Bibliophilia

Dotley

O&O's || A&A's

Bibliophilia

If you make your wealthy widow, she'll be perfect to serve as a friend to my girl's in-park persona.

And Victor's always up for ruffling a widow's petticoats.

Dotley

Quote from: Bibliophilia on March 26, 2020, 02:41:14 AM
If you make your wealthy widow, she'll be perfect to serve as a friend to my girl's in-park persona.

And Victor's always up for ruffling a widow's petticoats.

Yes and yes. Both please! I'm off to make a widow. If she's accepted, I'll hit you up for some character connection chatting  :-)
O&O's || A&A's

Deamonbane

Color me interested!

I'm thinking a trust-fund kid with a job that he got through parental connections but for which he has no real interest in. The kind with a sadistic streak that he keeps well-hidden.

And then a blacksmith/assassin host with a hard-to-trigger plot of assassinating the governor that usually ends with him dying badly. Not sure about a face claim yet.
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

AzureRain

Quote from: Dotley on March 26, 2020, 07:18:08 PM
Yes and yes. Both please! I'm off to make a widow. If she's accepted, I'll hit you up for some character connection chatting  :-)

If you are interested, perhaps your wealthy widow could be the mother of my character in her past story (daughter of a wealthy jeweler - though I could change this to governor’s daughter easily).
O/Os // PLAYLIST // A/As

"To see the world, things dangerous to come to, to see behind walls, draw closer,
to find each other, and to feel. That is the purpose of life.”