Cut off from the world (Survival, Apocalypse, Horror, Freeform, Erotic)

Started by Dashenka, August 06, 2014, 03:33:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Serperior

Quote from: MagicalPen on August 26, 2014, 03:26:36 PM
Its actually illegal out here to 'live in the woods' - aka being Homeless. Cops will go to a reported 'site' and clear it out or take the person to jail. So I'd imagine the Mtn Man is known to the local cops. It is a SMALL town afterall.
Quote from: Dashenka on August 26, 2014, 03:29:10 PM
It's illegal to be homeless?

*rolls eyes*

Only in America.. :P
If he owns a shack somewhere in the woods, he wouldn't be classified as homeless!  He'd have a home, but it'd likely to be a pain to get there without and off-road vehicle or on foot.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Nymphadora

Quote from: TheHangedMan on August 26, 2014, 02:14:46 PM
Yeah, I'd imagine Mountain Man comes in every now and again when he's got something wrong.

And to visit his friendly farm girl friend. :D

Its actually illegal out here to 'live in the woods' - aka being Homeless. Cops will go to a reported 'site' and clear it out or take the person to jail. So I'd imagine the Mtn Man is known to the local cops. It is a SMALL town afterall.

I think in the CS it said it was more like a hunting cabin in the woods he went to with his father so he's not homeless, just a recluse now. Sure he'd be known but being a small town, it could be more that they know and since he's harmless, leave him be.
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Rate:Weekly give or take
Availability:
Unavailable for new plottings, sorry.
O&Os Please review
♪As flawed as you may think you are, you're perfect to me!♪

TheHangedOne

Quote from: King Serperior on August 26, 2014, 03:43:53 PM
If he owns a shack somewhere in the woods, he wouldn't be classified as homeless!  He'd have a home, but it'd likely to be a pain to get there without and off-road vehicle or on foot.
Quote from: Nymphadora on August 26, 2014, 03:56:15 PM
And to visit his friendly farm girl friend. :D

I think in the CS it said it was more like a hunting cabin in the woods he went to with his father so he's not homeless, just a recluse now. Sure he'd be known but being a small town, it could be more that they know and since he's harmless, leave him be.
Correct. The shack is actually a very nice two story log cabin. It's a summer retreat and hunting cabin that the family has own for a few generations.  While I'm not sure the exact legality of living full time in such a cabin, I imagine it's a lot different than just being a vagrant.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

MagicalPen

Name: Andrew Miller
Nationality: American
Job: Farmer and Mechanic
Address: The Millers Ranch, 398 County Road 132
Connected to: Allison and Jessica (Sisters)
About: Born and bred on the farm, Andrew always took his farm work seriously. There was also no need for a gym with all the work there was to do on the farm. He grew a little withdrawn once his parents died in a car crash and is fiercely protective of the farm and his family.
Can die: Yes

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Apple of Eris

Introducing the youngest of the Miller children.

Name: Allison (Allie)
Job: Attends UCLA where she is studying Dance.
Address: Mentone Ave, Los Angeles, California
Appearance:
Height : 5’ 4”  (173cm)
Weight / Body mesurements : 122 lbs /  34-23-35
Hair : Long, Strawberry Blonde Hair
Skin : Pale
Eyes : Blue
Connected to:
Brother: Andrew
Sister: Jessica
Acquaintance: Simon - former history tutor. A year younger and who was kind of a nerd.
About: Allison with her older siblings who along with their grandparents helped raise her. Unlike her siblings, she had no desire to stay in Colorado and left for Los Angeles at the first chance. Unlike her siblings she has little sense of responsibility and while she majors in Dance, does not take it all that seriously, preferring to spend her time partying. She's back in CO to visit with her family during a short break in school.
Despite that, she's actually fairly smart, just irresponsible.
Likes: Reading, horses, the beach, hiking, swimming, pets, sushi.
Dislikes: Being told what to do (by authority figure - Big Bro/Sis), farm life.
Can die: Yes, but only with prior discussion.

Men are those creatures with two legs and eight hands.  ~Jayne Mansfield
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, then call whatever you hit the target. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Nymphadora

Name: Jessica Miller
Job: Farmer
Address: The Miller’s Ranch - 398 County Road 132
Connected to: Andrew & Allison (Brother & sister), Edgar Lamont (Mountain Man)

About: Jessica grew up alongside her brother working the land. Jess and her brother were strangely best friends growing up, possibly alienating their younger sister at times with the age difference. The little patch of land their small, certified organic farm sits on was cleared and first developed by their grandparents. With their parent's long dead in a car accident, there was nothing left but the farm to work and make prosper.

Jessica became a mother figure to her siblings, drawing comfort from her brother, more so once Allison left UCLA.
Can die: Yes
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Availability:
O&Os Please review

GnothiSeauton

Name:  Claire Hendrickson

Nationality:  American

Job:  Police Officer (Lieutenant)

Address:  1353 Willow Brook Lane (Modest neighborhood)

Connected to:  Tim Phelps (Criminal she's had a few run ins with), Johnny Andrews (new coworker on the police force)

About:  Glenwood Springs has always been Claire's home.  She grew up in the town, and with a father who was a former chief of police, became surrounded and sucked into the life of law enforcement.  From a young age, it was all she ever wanted to be.  To make her hometown a safer and better place, to keep it peaceful and happy ha always been on her mind.  Even when her father died, it did nothing to deter her from her choice in becoming an officer of the law.  If anything, it only strengthened her resolve to make the town a better place, in his memory.

A serious officer, one who is good and tries to look out for the good guys, she puts effort and heart into her job and career.  She rose quickly through the ranks, becoming a lieutenant in the force at a relatively young age, and often sacrificing her personal life for others around her.

Can die:  Yes

If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Dashenka

GnothiSeauton and KingSerperior,

you both have police officers. This is fine but it means your characters know each other right? Just checking :)

The Millers look good.

Can't wait to meet the Millers :P

Is anybody else interested who hasn't posted a character yet?
Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals and I get my back into my living.

I don't need to fight to prove I'm right and I don't need to be forgiven.

Rel Mayer

King Serperior

Quote from: Dashenka on August 27, 2014, 03:15:30 AM

you both have police officers. This is fine but it means your characters know each other right? Just checking :)
*Nods*  I would assume so.  As Johnny is the 'new kid' on the block (only 2-3 weeks on the force), everyone should know him.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: King Serperior on August 27, 2014, 09:10:16 AM
*Nods*  I would assume so.  As Johnny is the 'new kid' on the block (only 2-3 weeks on the force), everyone should know him.

Mhm.  That's what I thought.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Prince Truhan

Is anybody else interested who hasn't posted a character yet?

I am, I'll post him at some point today

Dashenka

Ideally I start the game off this weekend. Some of you have been patient for a long time already and I hate to keep you all waiting even more.

Just a quick poll...

Would you like to start with the dome coming down, the dome already down or a few days into the dome?

King Serperior

I would personally like to see the Dome come down early in the morning of the IC.  Let everyone get their opening posts up doing their everyday morning routine, then BAM!  The Dome comes down.....let's say around 10am?

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

eiselmann

Same that's how I saw my first post ...normal start to the morning then BANG not a normal start to the morning.
260916 Sigh, on the back end of my laptop dying last week and getting a new one delivered, we now have had some local flooding where I live....fortunately for me no major damage since my house is a few feet above ground, however my back yard looks like the swimming pool I don't have ...so might take a day or two to get back to posting

The Betrayal at Yalta, one of the main reasons the world is the mess it is today

My ons and offs link

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=254364.0

TheHangedOne

A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Nymphadora

I'm of the same mind. Feeding the chickens. Bam! The Miller's place and Edgar's cabin would be closest. Assuming the cabin is in the hills above the farm.
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Availability:
O&Os Please review

GnothiSeauton

Piling on with what everyone has already stated so far...  I'm in favor of starting just before the dome comes down.

Offers a chance to see how people are before it comes down and how it changes people.  Sort of to show the development of certain characters. A history thread might not be a bad idea either.

Seeking New Stories

Dashenka

Quote from: Nymphadora on August 27, 2014, 02:56:34 PM
I'm of the same mind. Feeding the chickens. Bam! The Miller's place and Edgar's cabin would be closest. Assuming the cabin is in the hills above the farm.

It's a bit further out. I'll try to make a map with a circle :)

King Serperior

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on August 27, 2014, 03:06:10 PM
Offers a chance to see how people are before it comes down and how it changes people.  Sort of to show the development of certain characters. A history thread might not be a bad idea either.
I'm not for a History Thread since, as it is a small, tight-knit town, you can make references to events in the past while talking in the present.  Plus, there are at least two characters who don't live in the town, so the history thread would kind of exclude them a little.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Letrixia

Nymphadora

People could embellish CS s with more history if need be. But I agree with KS it can be in post. Flashbacks even.
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Availability:
O&Os Please review

Dashenka

Letrixia

King Serperior

Quote from: Dashenka on August 27, 2014, 03:14:02 PM
Not sure I know what that is? :D
Effectively, it is a 'Backstory Thread' where events before the main IC thread take place.  Since this game would focus on the interactions within the Dome, I am not certain that the past playing out at the same time would work.  That's just my two cents though.  It's up to you in the end  :)

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace