News:

"The Most Precious Jewel [One Shot: NC-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Tarot readings and other forms of divination

Started by persephone325, January 23, 2013, 06:00:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

persephone325

(Admins: I wasn't sure where to put this, so feel free to move it to the correct forum.)

I'm a practitioner of Wicca and I believe in tarot readings, scrying, and divination of all sorts. I had a tarot reading done a LOOONG time ago, but I remember enjoying the experience. I went out and bought my own tarot deck. (It's got pretty little faeries on it!) I've played around with it before, but never gave myself a reading. Time went by and I lost the deck. Recently, I found it in my room.

So, another sleepless night went by and I decided to get the cards out and give myself a reading. I was really shocked by the outcome. It was so eerily accurate that I thought I was subconsciously cheating or something.

I know of, at least, two people on E that believe in tarot; as I've seen their threads. (Water Lilly and Seraphino) But does anyone else remember their first time getting such an accurate reading? It kind of blew my mind. lol
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Silverfyre

While my own religious beliefs stir more towards agnosticism than anything else, I have always found Tarot to be rather fascinating.  I've had my fair share of bad experiences with those card readers at places like Ren Faires and the like who couldn't read the cards worth a damned (I mean, really, telling me I'm gay and will find true love only near the end of my life is pretty off, especially when I was wearing a wedding band and my wife was sitting beside me...) but there have been a few who have been pretty dead on.  I received a deck (the so-called "default deck" of Rider-Waite design) a long time ago from a close friend, wrapped in a black, silk bag.  This was how I was always told to keep the deck but my interest in actually reading the cards myself didn't happen until about ten years ago.  I picked up the deck after a particularly good reading by another friend and read her cards for her.  Apparently, I did insanely well.  I find them fascinating not as just a divining tool but also because of how symbolism is utilized in the pictures and the resulting interpretation when done in a spread.  As a literature major, I can appreciate and decipher it decently enough.  Whether I am just a natural or it comes from knowing the people I have read and being able to fit the pictures to their lives is up for debate but I do love Tarot either way.

Castiel

I've always wanted to get a tarot reading done but I can't seem to find anyone around here who does things like that. At one time, my grandmother did readings but its been so long since she has done one that she doesn't have her own tarot deck anymore. I have one of my own but I rarely take it out. I've played around with it but never really done a serious reading before. It is something that interests me though.

Kuroneko

I have several tarot decks (I just got the new Wildwood Celtic deck - squee!), some that I use for others and one I just use for myself.  I also have runes, ogham and several other divination tools that I find very useful.  For me, they help me focus and consult my inner self, and like Silver, the symbolism of the various cards assists in understanding the various factors and influences that are affecting a particular situation.  When consulting an oracle for myself, I really love the runes.  I always get scary accurate information from them.
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Silverfyre

Runes are something I have always wanted to try and learn but have never found the time.  You know, I should just make the damned time..

Silver

I had a deck long ago but now I have an app on my phone that works rather well 'Galaxy Tarot Pro' One day I would love to get a real reading done, perhaps for my birthday.
O/O's  Request Thread  A/A's
Now Playing: Star - ♡ Machinedrum (A$AP Ferg Remix)
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

BlightRaptor

I actually have STUPID amounts of Tarot decks. I've taken to collecting them as they've become one of my favorite art forms. I don't fancy myself especially good at giving readings though. 3 card spreads are about as fancy as I can get. The Thoth deck is probably one of my favorites, even though it's one of the hardest to grasp.

Oniya

Quote from: BlightRaptor on January 23, 2013, 02:31:18 PM
I actually have STUPID amounts of Tarot decks. I've taken to collecting them as they've become one of my favorite art forms. I don't fancy myself especially good at giving readings though. 3 card spreads are about as fancy as I can get. The Thoth deck is probably one of my favorites, even though it's one of the hardest to grasp.

I'm rather partial to the Thoth deck, myself.  I saw the artwork over someone's shoulder at a con, and I was hooked.  The other one that I would like to get my hands on is the Watcher Angel deck.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Avis habilis

I always wanted to get my hands on a Vertigo deck. Stephanie Pui-Mun Law's Shadowscapes deck is my other favorite design now.

BlightRaptor

Quote from: Avis habilis on January 23, 2013, 03:10:18 PM
I always wanted to get my hands on a Vertigo deck. Stephanie Pui-Mun Law's Shadowscapes deck is my other favorite design now.

I have the Vertigo deck as well. It's pretty sweet.

Lilias

I have a lot of oracle decks, but not proper tarots, apart from the M:tA set. I collect them for the artwork mostly, although I always read up on the symbols as well.

My favourite, and the only one I regularly use for insight purposes, is The Wisdom Well (the reason is obvious to anyone who knows me ;))

One of these days I will get me the Favole deck and frame it...
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

BlightRaptor

For anyone who's a Lovecraft enthusiast, or just like dark themes, the Necronomicon Deck is pretty good. It's one of my favorites and is pretty faithful to the traditional Golden Dawn structure and motifs. The Minor Arcana show a definite story that correlate with the alchemical elements, for that reason I'm sad to shuffle them. My one qualm is that they're a tad delicate around the edges and have been nipped after some rigorous shuffling.

RedPhoenix

I love Tarot cards. I don't know if I would say I believe or not. For me anything that falls under fortune telling is basically, does it matter if I believe or not? If its true it doesn't require me to believe. So I don't really put any energy into believing I just sort of enjoy the experience.

Can someone read my cards please????? :D
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs
I move the stars for no one.

HairyHeretic

I don't read tarot, but I do work with the runes (Elder Futhark). I'd be happy to discuss those with anyone who wanted to learn more about them.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

persephone325

I've always been interested in runes, as well. I don't know anything about them.
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

BlightRaptor

Maybe I'll do some amateur tarot readings on here some time...

Wouldn't mind learning about runes too.

HairyHeretic

I'll post something when I have time to write it up. Will probably take me a day or two.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Miss Lilly

I miss doing the readings in my tarot thread....maybe I can find time to reboot it this year.

My deck uses images out of Greek mythology....I love it! And every reading I've done on myself has been spot on. Most of the ones in my thread were pretty good too, so I was told.
Want to get wild in the west?
Visit Lola's!

Silverfyre

Oh, I would love that, Lilly!  I used to follow it.

Miss Lilly

Visit Lola's!

Silverfyre

Miss Lilly

*laughs* So it seems!

And now I'm itching to get started, lol
Visit Lola's!

Silverfyre

I gladly volunteer as your first victim, er, customer!

Miss Lilly

*rubs her hands together gleefully*

Cross my palm with silver, and my first victim *coughs* customer you shall be!!  ;)
Visit Lola's!

persephone325

I don't know.

Miss Lilly

Looks like I have a project to be getting on with tomorrow!  :p
Visit Lola's!

persephone325

I have a question though. How do the readings work when you do them for other people? Since you do yours over the internet, wouldn't the tarot deck just be infused with your thoughts and feelings? How could it be so accurate for someone else?

As you can tell, I'm still sort of a "noob" with tarot... :-)
I don't know.

Caeli

I actually studied the Major Arcana quite a bit for my senior thesis. It was fascinating to read about the different symbologies and meanings behind the symbols. I've always told myself I would study it more fully and get my own deck - one that resonates with me and speaks to me - but I always keep putting it off.

Where do you all find your tarot decks?
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Silverfyre

Any major book store should carry them.  I got my deck from a friend but I have also gotten a few more from local Ren Faires.

Oniya

Science fiction/fantasy conventions are also a good place to look.  (And if you stalk the consuite, you can often get a chance to see one in action before you buy.)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Valerian

I collect cards -- not just Tarot cards, but all sorts -- and I've picked them up all over the place.  Pretty much every deck I have, and that's quite a few, has 'called' to me to one extent or another.  Sometimes it's just as simple as an attractive design, a theme I like, or something otherwise unusual about the deck (one of my favorites is a deck from Prohibition, when taxes were imposed on 'luxury items' like cards to help make up for lost alcohol revenue, and this deck is still wrapped in the original cellophane with a stamp showing that the tax had been paid).  Of my several decks of Tarot cards, I've only used two, and one of those is far and away my favorite -- it's done in an Art Deco theme and I love it.

I've had the least luck finding the 'right' Tarot decks for me at places that specialize in selling such things, though, oddly enough.  The decks I've bought have all come from more unexpected places -- one I special ordered from a comic book shop, one came from a very eclectic little store I like to browse through whenever I visit my sister (they carry a little bit of everything from jewelry to clothes to musical instruments), and one I found at a booth at an arts & crafts festival.  For me it's always seemed more like I keep my eyes open and the decks find me rather than the other way around.  :)
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

BlightRaptor

Quote from: Caeli on January 28, 2013, 02:00:00 PM
I actually studied the Major Arcana quite a bit for my senior thesis. It was fascinating to read about the different symbologies and meanings behind the symbols. I've always told myself I would study it more fully and get my own deck - one that resonates with me and speaks to me - but I always keep putting it off.

I actually got most of mine through Amazon. Some were Christmas presents. The Thoth deck was a birthday present while it was out of print. I think my family ordered it from Germany for me...

persephone325

Quote from: Caeli on January 28, 2013, 02:00:00 PM

I got my fae deck at Borders. Long before they went out of business... :(
I don't know.

BlightRaptor

Making my own deck has been on my to-do list...

Lilias

Most of my decks came with me from Greece. There's a particular New-Age-friendly bookstore I make sure to raid every time I visit. Of those I got in the UK, one is a miniature set from Waterstone's, another an oversized one I picked up at The Works (discount bookstore) for £5, and several little oracle decks from magazines. ;)
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Kitsunetsuki

Quote from: persephone325 on January 28, 2013, 10:39:37 AM
I have a question though. How do the readings work when you do them for other people? Since you do yours over the internet, wouldn't the tarot deck just be infused with your thoughts and feelings? How could it be so accurate for someone else?

As you can tell, I'm still sort of a "noob" with tarot... :-)
Hi persephone, I know your question was directed at someone else, but I'll take a crack at it if you don't mind. :) I've been reading Tarot for about 24 years now, the last decade+ online. As a reader, your emotions should not really have anything to do with your reading. As for your thoughts, so long as you are focused on the other person, then all of that energy is being channeled back and forth between the two of you. Which then goes to the cards, and voila! There's your reading. I've always received compliments on accuracy w/my readings, so I'm gonna say readings online should really be no different than readings in person. (Hell, in person, I won't even let the other person touch my cards...unless it's just to look at them. I cringe when people shuffle my cards! lol)

If you want to learn more about Tarot, I highly recommend Aeclectic.net. It is an awesome forum (one I've neglected for too many years, I must say) & you can really learn a lot there. This thread reminds me of it, b/c there are so many threads talking about which decks you own & which ones you want. *sigh*

I had a Tarot thread up in the Non-Adult area for a bit where I did readings. Even though the readings were "in character," I told the other members I'd be doing a real reading either way. Had some success with it, which was nice. For that, I just did short 3-4 card readings, but I've created spreads that are much bigger. My favourite is my Chakra spread. :) It's HUGE, though...something like 17 cards.

Anyway, hope this helps! I tried runes a few times, but we never "clicked." :(
[tr]
[td]
O.Os~A.As (around but not seeking)
Ideas (up-to-date)
Poetry~Singing~Wiki~Characters
How the men of Elliquiy have ruined me[/td][/tr][/table]

Miss Lilly

*nodsnods*  That's pretty much what I do - focus on the person who I'm doing a reading for while I'm shuffling my deck.  If it's someone I know, I think about the things that I know about them. If it's someone I don't, I focus on their E profile. 

I find that I'm quite accurate, although there have been glaring exceptions to that from time to time, lol.  But I don't try to pretend I'm an expert!  :)
Visit Lola's!

persephone325

Quote from: Kitsunetsuki on January 28, 2013, 09:39:24 PM
Hi persephone, I know your question was directed at someone else, but I'll take a crack at it if you don't mind. :) I've been reading Tarot for about 24 years now, the last decade+ online. As a reader, your emotions should not really have anything to do with your reading. As for your thoughts, so long as you are focused on the other person, then all of that energy is being channeled back and forth between the two of you. Which then goes to the cards, and voila! There's your reading. I've always received compliments on accuracy w/my readings, so I'm gonna say readings online should really be no different than readings in person. (Hell, in person, I won't even let the other person touch my cards...unless it's just to look at them. I cringe when people shuffle my cards! lol)

If you want to learn more about Tarot, I highly recommend Aeclectic.net. It is an awesome forum (one I've neglected for too many years, I must say) & you can really learn a lot there. This thread reminds me of it, b/c there are so many threads talking about which decks you own & which ones you want. *sigh*

I had a Tarot thread up in the Non-Adult area for a bit where I did readings. Even though the readings were "in character," I told the other members I'd be doing a real reading either way. Had some success with it, which was nice. For that, I just did short 3-4 card readings, but I've created spreads that are much bigger. My favourite is my Chakra spread. :) It's HUGE, though...something like 17 cards.

Anyway, hope this helps! I tried runes a few times, but we never "clicked." :(

Thanks! I never really understood how that worked, but I'm starting to get it now. Especially since it's been so long since I've done anything with tarot.

Aeclectic.net; I'll definitely be checking that out tonight. ;D
I don't know.

Kitsunetsuki

Quote from: persephone325 on January 28, 2013, 10:00:38 PM
Thanks! I never really understood how that worked, but I'm starting to get it now. Especially since it's been so long since I've done anything with tarot.

Aeclectic.net; I'll definitely be checking that out tonight. ;D
You're very welcome, persephone! As with all things, Tarot gets easier with practice. I'm still learning new things about it, and it feels like I've been reading forever! lol...

Hope you like Aeclectic! I wonder if I can still sign in? Hmmm... *runs off to check* XD
[tr]
[td]
O.Os~A.As (around but not seeking)
Ideas (up-to-date)
Poetry~Singing~Wiki~Characters
How the men of Elliquiy have ruined me[/td][/tr][/table]

Izzie Aditi

I became interested in tarot (and yoga) around the age of 7: a friend's mom was heavily into it and it sort of grew from there. A few years later, she gifted me a deck (which sadly went missing during one of my moves) and taught me card spreads, meanings etcetera. It's been a dormant interest during my teen years, I did some readings just for fun and to not "lose touch".

At the moment, I own the Legacy of the Divine Tarot deck, which has very fantasy-inspired images...haven't gotten around to using it yet. I also own (and use) the Osho Zen deck, which is a bit different from usual tarot as it focuses on the here and now instead of the future. I've heard a lot of comments online about that specific deck: some people find it difficult to use, some cards are different from "standard" tarot cards..etcetera. However, I enjoy using it and actually prefer to use it over other "standard" decks.   
“Redheads are said to be children of the moon, thwarted by the sun, and addicted to sex and sugar.”

LilyRoseBlack23

Quote from: persephone325 on January 23, 2013, 06:00:27 AM
(Admins: I wasn't sure where to put this, so feel free to move it to the correct forum.)

I'm a practitioner of Wicca and I believe in tarot readings, scrying, and divination of all sorts. I had a tarot reading done a LOOONG time ago, but I remember enjoying the experience. I went out and bought my own tarot deck. (It's got pretty little faeries on it!) I've played around with it before, but never gave myself a reading. Time went by and I lost the deck. Recently, I found it in my room.

So, another sleepless night went by and I decided to get the cards out and give myself a reading. I was really shocked by the outcome. It was so eerily accurate that I thought I was subconsciously cheating or something.

I know of, at least, two people on E that believe in tarot; as I've seen their threads. (Water Lilly and Seraphino) But does anyone else remember their first time getting such an accurate reading? It kind of blew my mind. lol

I remember one time, I was on a roleplay game site, and I had a demigod child of Hecate, so I was dabbling in learning how to interpret tarot cards so I could give insightful and interesting in character readings, one day apparently someone asked a question for their character that mirrored their real life, and they said that based on the reading it was really really accurate. That was the first time that I realised that maybe there was something to it, I've never done a reading on myself though, I've always wanted to get one, just never had the money.

persephone325

So I found this cool app on the Google Play Store that does tarot readings for you. I have it set to give me a daily tarot card as well. The one I got today (3/10/14) is the reversed Seven of Pentacles. The description is this:

"When the Seven of Pentacles shows up revered it may be that you are ready to give up on something you've been working on for a while because you are not getting the results you hoped for.

Instead of turning your back on this thing you've invested so much into, look for the lesson in your errors. Though you may be disappointed, it is likely that you've learned many things that will contribute to your future success."

This card really caught my attention, as I've been feeling this way about a game I'm running that has suffered several setbacks. But I've wanted to stick by it because I invested a lot of time and effort into it, and I believe that sticking by it will be the best option. And I know that people are having fun right now, anyway. ^^ All I want to do it run a great game.
I don't know.

RedPhoenix

Quote from: persephone325 on March 10, 2014, 12:23:39 AM
So I found this cool app on the Google Play Store that does tarot readings for you.

Can you link this or tell me the name of it?

And good luck with your game! :)
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs
I move the stars for no one.

persephone325

Quote from: RedPhoenix on March 10, 2014, 12:34:36 AM
Can you link this or tell me the name of it?

And good luck with your game! :)

Thanks!

It's called "Galaxy Tarot".
I don't know.

Rhedyn

I've tried out a load of different forms of divination over the years though generally stick to using my Wildwood Tarot now. I also love The Faeries Oracle though have been using this set less recently. I absolutely love the art work on tarot and oracle sets, several of the ones I own are purely for aesthetic purposes. If I had the money and space I would buy more and collect them.

Several years ago I made my own set of wooden runes, I also have a pendulum (which I tend to use more when I do healing work), a crystal ball for scrying and a self created divination set of different items that appeal to me. There may be more but I can't remember what I have stashed away in my cupboards.

I used to read the cards for other people with some wonderful results though tend to read them for myself more now than others. I actually find it easier to do readings for other people as I don't tend to over think the messages in the way I do for myself.

Mnemaxa

I've had very accurate readings through both Tarot and the I Ching divination.  I Ching, is more open to subconscious interpretation, which allows you to fit your divination in more easily.  Tarot is less flexible but tends to allow for a more open mind to situations not previously seen or made aware of. 

Just my opinion.

The Well of my Dreams is Poisoned; I draw off the Poison, which becomes the Ink of my Authorship, the Paint upon my Brush.

Silverfyre

I just got the Wildwood Tarot a few weeks back and I am in love with it.  The art work, the system, the cards... all of it is just exactly what I hoped to find in a personal Tarot deck.  I still haven't done any readings yet as I am still studying the cards but it is fantastic!

Kurzyk

The tarot deck that I've most have connected with over the years is the Thoth deck. It's written by Aleister Crowley with the images done by Lady Freida Harris. I love the symbolism of each card.

I also love the Medicine deck although that's not a traditional tarot deck.

Oniya

Quote from: Kurzyk on March 10, 2014, 12:04:57 PM
The tarot deck that I've most have connected with over the years is the Thoth deck. It's written by Aleister Crowley with the images done by Lady Freida Harris. I love the symbolism of each card.

That is a beautiful deck.  I have one as well.

Mnemaxa

My Tarot Deck is a Ukiyo-e Japanese woodcut print deck; I have a set of actual Chinese coins for my I Ching divination (counting out yarrow stalks takes hours).

The Well of my Dreams is Poisoned; I draw off the Poison, which becomes the Ink of my Authorship, the Paint upon my Brush.

Oniya

Quote from: Mnemaxa on March 10, 2014, 04:26:04 PM
My Tarot Deck is a Ukiyo-e Japanese woodcut print deck; I have a set of actual Chinese coins for my I Ching divination (counting out yarrow stalks takes hours).

Having had yarrow in my garden at one point, I can imagine.

The Dark Raven

Quote from: Rhedyn on March 10, 2014, 06:23:32 AM
I've tried out a load of different forms of divination over the years though generally stick to using my Wildwood Tarot now. I also love The Faeries Oracle though have been using this set less recently. I absolutely love the art work on tarot and oracle sets, several of the ones I own are purely for aesthetic purposes. If I had the money and space I would buy more and collect them.

Several years ago I made my own set of wooden runes, I also have a pendulum (which I tend to use more when I do healing work), a crystal ball for scrying and a self created divination set of different items that appeal to me. There may be more but I can't remember what I have stashed away in my cupboards.

I used to read the cards for other people with some wonderful results though tend to read them for myself more now than others. I actually find it easier to do readings for other people as I don't tend to over think the messages in the way I do for myself.

Quote from: Silverfyre on March 10, 2014, 11:54:34 AM
I just got the Wildwood Tarot a few weeks back and I am in love with it.  The art work, the system, the cards... all of it is just exactly what I hoped to find in a personal Tarot deck.  I still haven't done any readings yet as I am still studying the cards but it is fantastic!

I have not gotten to use my Wildwood Tarot, but I was thrilled to find it as I'd been trying to get my hands on the Greenwood Tarot deck (by mark Ryan and Chesca Potter) for a long time.  How have you found it?

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Rhedyn

Quote from: Daylily on March 10, 2014, 10:27:23 PM
I have not gotten to use my Wildwood Tarot, but I was thrilled to find it as I'd been trying to get my hands on the Greenwood Tarot deck (by mark Ryan and Chesca Potter) for a long time.  How have you found it?

I really love the deck, I've found I really connect with the images which for me at least is the key to getting good accurate readings. I've tried quite a few decks but this one is the one that seems to speak to me more clearly at the moment and is the first deck I've really been drawn to in a long time. I haven't tried reading for anyone else with them yet though as I've only had the deck for about six months or so.

I would be delighted to get a copy of the Greenwood Tarot, I had been looking for that prior to buying the Wildwood though it's just so expensive to get now that it's out of print.

The Dark Raven

Quote from: Rhedyn on March 11, 2014, 09:09:24 AM
I really love the deck, I've found I really connect with the images which for me at least is the key to getting good accurate readings. I've tried quite a few decks but this one is the one that seems to speak to me more clearly at the moment and is the first deck I've really been drawn to in a long time. I haven't tried reading for anyone else with them yet though as I've only had the deck for about six months or so.

I would be delighted to get a copy of the Greenwood Tarot, I had been looking for that prior to buying the Wildwood though it's just so expensive to get now that it's out of print.

I ahve the same exact issue with Greenwood.  I want it but 10 years ago it was out of print and at $125+ on ebay.

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Aleph

I have a late 80s/early 90s tarot deck called the Rohrig, it's a german airbrush thing. Personally I think I liked the deck because the Chariot was a race car, which sat well with me. I liked the updating of the concepts.

Lilias

Quote from: Daylily on March 11, 2014, 11:04:54 AM
I ahve the same exact issue with Greenwood.  I want it but 10 years ago it was out of print and at $125+ on ebay.

You want to see how much it's going for now? Brace yourself! :o
~Wendell Berry

Caeli

ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

jaybee55

Quote from: Lilias on April 09, 2014, 11:22:36 AM

Whoa!  I'm not a "believer", but I've always been fascinated by divination of all sorts and collect associated memorabilia.  Most of the items are things that friends and acquaintances who know of my interest have given me over the years.  Among the dozen tarot decks in my collection is the Greenwood deck, and I seem to remember having a book to go with it - although I don't know where it is.  If I can find it I'm really tempted to put it up on ebay!

Back in college (during the Triassic age) I did readings to amuse my friends and pick up girls (well, try to, anyway).  I always used the Aquarian deck that a Wiccan friend gave me in the mid-70s because I liked the art best.  Years later I ran a D&D campaign using these same cards rather than dice... LOL... Ah the good old days.
Ons and Offs (incomplete)

meikle

Quote from: Lilias on April 09, 2014, 11:22:36 AM

Trade in Yours
For a £3.41 Gift Card

Amazon!
Kiss your lover with that filthy mouth, you fuckin' monster.

O and O and Discord
A and A

Mathim

I'm not a believer (never was either) but I'll admit, someone I used to know described personality traits of Taurus people and it was surprisingly along the lines that I consider myself to fall under. And one time a hippie friend of my hippie foster sister read my palm and it sounded eerily accurate despite me never having met him.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).